Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 127
Re: 2018 Tour of UK
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 11, 2017 22:49

corriecas
corriecas
There is a rumour going round, they will play June 1, 2018 in Sticky Fingers, London.
Bill and Mick T. will be there.
Jeroen

Sorry, it was a joke.
haha
jeroen

Would be fun if thye actually did this... on April 1.
Imagine the insider trying to spread the good news on IORR and the replies he'd get... "Yeah mate a club-show on April 1st! Sure! We trust your word!".

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: November 12, 2017 00:23

Hairball
corriecas
35love
corriecas
35love
bv
All they need for a gig is a large area and a crowd, and a fence so that they can ask for money before the crowd enter through gates. They can do a gig any place, like Spielberg, Lucca, Werchter, all they need is a large field with space for 60,000 people,plus beer and T-shirt sales. So start saving up, next year there will be more shows, in UK.

Honestly Bjornulf if I may ask-
I looked up ‘Werchter’ 3-day festival 300,000 people
Do you actually enjoy these anymore?
And I don’t mean ‘at your age’ or maybe I do
I’m 50 and am fit but these massive herds of people waiting outside for hours and hours...
Not my thing.

Bjornulf states..in UK. So maybe that means no shows in Holland,Belgium???
Jeroen

*I meant a question of these massive long festivals- with general admission.
I read some accounts of ‘No Filter’ and.... didn't sound great for some folks
(Not the RS show itself, obviously)
Maybe I’m showing my American because SD Zip, hotel next door, tickets to my own direct seat with clear queues etc.
But it is real the fans are older now too.

I know what you mean. I feel the same. My wife and me had a long day in Lucca. were at the field at 1300 o clock and back at 0100 at our lodge.
we said to eachother, never gonna do this again. we both are 57, not THAT old, but, .... No gimme a seat with a good view, or a Pit ticket anyday.
May do the Isle of Man thing(IF they play there), but just to visit the Island and catch the Stones.
jeroen

The Desert Trip shows were quite comfortable, but then again the organizers had an older crowd in mind. Different categories of reserved seating, as well as a pit section for those ready and willing for it. Having experienced the Pit for weekend two, it was literally a walk in the park. Aside from the few who braved the heat all day to be on the rail, most casually walked in an out throughout the day including myself. About a half hour before the shows started each night, I made my move and ended up being on the rail myself - right on the catwalk for the Stones about 10 back from the main stage, and even closer for The Who, Neil, and Dylan. Opted for the back of the pit leaning on the back rail for Roger Waters to soak in all the visual spectacle, but could have made it to front rail if I wanted. Then there was the air conditioned state of the art bathrooms, multiple food and drink stands (and an art gallery!), proper shuttle system to and from, etc., etc., etc. Obviously this all can't happen at all open air festival style shows, but if they utilized just a few of those leisures, a good time would be had by most.

Some very valid points here about fans getting older. I was also at Desert Trip weekend 2, a seated floor ticket Row N. So my bum had a seat for 3 days, brilliant! It was by far the best organized event I have ever been to anywhere, 'a seat with a view ', air conditioned poshest loos ever, hardly a queue anywhere, fantastic range of food, photographic exhibition you could spend hours looking round. Shuttle services excellent, organisation well thought out and worked well, staff knowledgeable and very helpful. Yes, maybe geared to an older audience (even security at airport said 'ah! You're going to Oldchella!'

My previous Stones concert was Hyde Park 2013. Joined gate queue at midday to get a place near the stage (no seats) and had to roster out for food and loos so as not to lose place. I wa 61 at the time, and we said 'can't ever do this again!' (so why was I back there a year later doing the same again to see Jeff Lynn's ELO?)

Both of the Stones concerts were quite brilliant btw, and worth any slight, erm, discomfort or inconvenience such as long haul flights, queuing etc, but I really don't think I can do any English outdoor venues again. So I am hoping for the O2 Arena,not too big, a seat for my bum, easy access and probably home by 12.30 or soon after

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 12, 2017 02:07

corriecas
35love
corriecas
35love
bv
All they need for a gig is a large area and a crowd, and a fence so that they can ask for money before the crowd enter through gates. They can do a gig any place, like Spielberg, Lucca, Werchter, all they need is a large field with space for 60,000 people,plus beer and T-shirt sales. So start saving up, next year there will be more shows, in UK.

I’m 50 and am fit but these massive herds of people waiting outside for hours and hours...
Not my thing.

Jeroen

Maybe I’m showing my American because SD Zip, hotel next door, tickets to my own direct seat with clear queues etc.

I know what you mean. I feel the same. My wife and me had a long day in Lucca. were at the field at 1300 o clock and back at 0100 at our lodge.
we said to eachother, never gonna do this again. we both are 57, not THAT old, but, .... No gimme a seat with a good view, or a Pit ticket anyday.
May do the Isle of Man thing(IF they play there), but just to visit the Island and catch the Stones.
jeroen

Jeroen, I had a similar experience in Amsterdam. I've got a few <ahem> years on you two, and I have a new phrase if you want to use it. Rather than saying, I'm too old for that, someone gave me this, when you are done trying a certain kind of experience. It's from the past: "That ship has sailed." Do you like it?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 12, 2017 09:52

angee
corriecas
35love
corriecas
35love
bv

Not my thing.

Jeroen

jeroen

Jeroen, I had a similar experience in Amsterdam. I've got a few years on you two, and I have a new phrase if you want to use it. Rather than saying, I'm too old for that, someone gave me this, when you are done trying a certain kind of experience. It's from the past: "That ship has sailed." Do you like it?

Hey Angee.
Yeah sure do like the phrase..Thanks.
Will buy you a drink next year in the UK !
jeroen

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 12, 2017 17:31

corriecas

Hey Angee.
Yeah sure do like the phrase..Thanks.
Will buy you a drink next year in the UK !
jeroen

Hey, jeroen, very nice of you. I'll take you up on that one, in the unlikely event that I am there!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: November 12, 2017 22:59

Stones were supposed to play Dublin in 2017, BV states the 2018 tour as Ireland and UK...[

quote=Spud]
odean73
Spud
It's a pity the Sheffield Don Valley Stadium is no longer with us.

They played it three times in the 90 s & noughties ....must have liked it.

The sound was always good because it wasn't a fully enclosed football type stadium with towering stands on all sides.

Quite liked the don valley, i went when it was raining and made quite an atmosphere, everything was convenient.

Ah, B2B Tour ....pissed it down for about 30 mins of the set .
Great fun though grinning smiley[/quote]

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: November 12, 2017 23:05

bv
I am mentioning fields and parks because some think it takes a large stadium to make a Stones show in UK. They did a park in Hamburg - Stadpark. They played next to the wall on a grass field in Lucca. If the field is central, I am fine with a field. Both Hamburg and Lucca were great locations, while Spielberg was a nightmare travel wise. I am sure the UK tour will be great, when they have got it all sorted out.

And Hyde Park 2 weekends in a row was incredible but Roger Waters already booked for Hyde Park Summer Weekend...

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 13, 2017 08:48

leahoneill
Roger Waters already booked for Hyde Park Summer Weekend...

Roger Waters is booked for the Friday of the first weekend.
Bruno Mars is booked for the Saturday of the second weekend.
Plenty of acts yet to be announced (whether or not the Stones will be one of them remains to be seen).

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 13, 2017 09:12

The Isle of Wight festival are making a big song and dance about 2018 being a special year because it's the 50th anniversary of the founding of the original festival. No headliners announced yet.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: November 13, 2017 10:25

Why should they play festivals? They get much more bucks for own shows I guess, compared with appearances at festivals that are sold out before they get booked. 2013 was different as there wasn't a real UK tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-13 10:28 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: November 13, 2017 10:49

Monsoon Ragoon
Why should they play festivals? They get much more bucks for own shows I guess, compared with appearances at festivals that are sold out before they get booked. 2013 was different as there wasn't a real UK tour.

I think they get what they want from festivals as well.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 13, 2017 10:56

Let's just wait and see what 2018 brings.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 13, 2017 11:05

Michael Buble has this morning been confirmed as another one of the headliners for the UK Summertime Hyde Park shows...

chances of the Stones playing Hyde Park again are thus diminishing...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 13, 2017 11:21

Adrian-L
Michael Buble has this morning been confirmed as another one of the headliners for the UK Summertime Hyde Park shows...

chances of the Stones playing Hyde Park again are thus diminishing...

I don't think they'd want to anyway. They've already ticked that box.

There are loads of festivals here between June and August, it's not all about Glastonbury and Hyde Psrk. There will be no shortage of bids from Festivals for the Stones as they're a such a safe and certain crowd puller. i'd be surprised if their London shows were anywhere other than Wembley Stadium as they still haven't played there since reconstruction.

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: November 13, 2017 11:36

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

It was rumoured they lost money at Glastonbury as they altered the Pyramid Stage at their own cost. And organiser Emily Eavis said the headline acts are paid less than ten% of their normal fees. Maybe not quite what they would want!

Date: November 13, 2017 11:43

ycagwywpmd
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

It was rumoured they lost money at Glastonbury as they altered the Pyramid Stage at their own cost. And organiser Emily Eavis said the headline acts are paid less than ten% of their normal fees. Maybe not quite what they would want!

With Glastonbury though they recoup a lot with music sales afterwards, with the BBC showing it live etc.

Obviously still make a loss but it's nothing like what it'd be without that.

Date: November 13, 2017 11:52

ycagwywpmd
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

They got their usual fee in Roskilde. Glasto might have been a one off, though.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 13, 2017 12:48

scoreboardpaddock
ycagwywpmd
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

With Glastonbury though they recoup a lot with music sales afterwards, with the BBC showing it live etc.

Obviously still make a loss but it's nothing like what it'd be without that.

One of the UK papers (The Telegraph?) reported at the time that they received a fee of £400,000 for Glastonbury and it was the smallest fee they'd received for a performance in years. They would have borne the cost of modifying the stage themselves as all the other acts pretty much just turn up, plug in and play.

The BBC did not show it all live or even broadcast it live on radio. Before the show, we were told we'd get 4 tracks only on delayed broadcast and they were widely criticised for doing so. However, in the event, the BBC joined the show after Keith's set and we got the last around 50minutes - 1 hr of the show live, including the mangled intro to 2000LYFH.

Date: November 13, 2017 17:22

I think Cork, Ireland would be nice. Better weather, nice people and beautiful surroundings.

Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-13 17:23 by corriecas.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 13, 2017 23:11

Well, a pale guy called Ed has blocked a few locations in the UK next summer.
Sorry, can't follow this hype.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 13, 2017 23:40

MAF

Not in the UK in July and August he hasn't

Nate

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 14, 2017 00:04

Swansea would be good - somewhere they've never played - The Who, Elton John and Rod Stewart did so you never know..............nice park and a average size stadium to choose from.................

Date: November 14, 2017 11:53

MAF

So has a guy called Mick and his mates.
Jeroen

Date: November 14, 2017 12:02

MAF

He can be the warm up-act smiling smiley

Posted by: heinz57 ()
Date: November 14, 2017 23:18

The plan as of now is that the Stones would go back into the studio in December to work on the new album. The aim would be to finish it up by spring, in time for the tour which would start in May. Of course, plans can always change.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 14, 2017 23:50

heinz57
The plan as of now is that the Stones would go back into the studio in December to work on the new album. The aim would be to finish it up by spring, in time for the tour which would start in May. Of course, plans can always change.

GREAT NEWS!

Date: November 15, 2017 02:33

heinz57

Source??
Jeroen

Date: November 15, 2017 03:50

corriecas
heinz57

Source??
Jeroen

This is a reliable rumour ;-). Heinz57 THANKS

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: November 15, 2017 04:49

ycagwywpmd
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

I'm sure there’s something obvious I’m missing here, but what did they do to the pyramid stage? Looked the same as normal to me...

Date: November 15, 2017 05:24

tommycharles
ycagwywpmd
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

I'm sure there’s something obvious I’m missing here, but what did they do to the pyramid stage? Looked the same as normal to me...

Evacuated Stone mummies, Ha Ha Ha
*even funnier with the correct word: Excavated
Old Stone Gods

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-15 06:40 by 35love.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home