Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 127
Re: 2018 Tour of UK
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: November 9, 2017 16:58

Until 1971 they always played in Liverpool.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 9, 2017 17:15

I thought Knebworth Festival was off.

I am so ignorant on stadiums verses arenas England in starting my sales pitch to my H,
asking if any of his relatives live by Wembley, is it the stadium or arena?
No matter, concluded best to slip into country w/out telling. Still scheming.

Date: November 9, 2017 17:16

35love

I am so ignorant on stadiums verses arenas England in starting my sales pitch to my H,

Why?

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: November 9, 2017 17:17

They'll probably play in Werchter at the end of June too

Posted by: RG ()
Date: November 9, 2017 17:52

Pinkpop
Knebworth
Werchter
Rock am Ring

Would be so great!

Re: Mick about tour in Great Brittain
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 9, 2017 18:04

grzegorz67
Nate
Remember that on some recent tours they have not sold any lucky dips.

Nate

That is true. 50 & Counting North America, 14 on Fire Europe, Zip Code 2015 & No Filter have all had them so it's highly likely though by no means guranteed.

Another possibility is : get lots of tattoos, grow a beer beely, look stupid and you'll be hired as a low-level roadie for the 2018 tour. You'll see all the shows gratis and you'll get paid! grinning smiley

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: November 9, 2017 19:10

Can't wait to see The Stones again!

Date: November 9, 2017 19:51

DandelionPowderman
35love

Why?

Re: 2018 Tour of U.K.
Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 2, 2017 16:57

Well it looks like the rumoured Knebworth festival isn't happening next year:

[www.musicweek.com]

"Music Week revealed in September that the promoter was bidding to put on a new multi-day event in Knebworth Park next summer, but it is understood this is no longer being considered for 2018. However, the duo have reiterated their wish to stage a camping event "outside of a city" in the coming years."

I'd guess on two nights at Wembley Stadium plus other regional gigs.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 9, 2017 20:08

35love
DandelionPowderman
35love

Why?

Re: 2018 Tour of U.K.
Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 2, 2017 16:57

Well it looks like the rumoured Knebworth festival isn't happening next year:

[www.musicweek.com]

"Music Week revealed in September that the promoter was bidding to put on a new multi-day event in Knebworth Park next summer, but it is understood this is no longer being considered for 2018. However, the duo have reiterated their wish to stage a camping event "outside of a city" in the coming years."

I'd guess on two nights at Wembley Stadium plus other regional gigs.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

It's not all about 'regions'. At least 3 other countries are likely to get gigs. Wales, Scotland and Ireland. Most of the gigs will be in England where there are the biggest populations, but by no means all of them if it's 10 shows plus. England and the UK are not interchangeable terms.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 9, 2017 20:10

RG
Pinkpop
Knebworth
Werchter
Rock am Ring

Would be so great!

I don't think that they will do Pinkpop again.
Rock am Ring: top acts so far: Foo Fighters, 30 Seconds to Mars, Gorillaz

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 9, 2017 20:23

Rock am Ring / Rock im Park (it's a double festival, same weekend, same bands but on different days) is very unlikely since the Stones played three shows in Germany this year (and the site of Rock am Ring is quite close to Dusseldorf and the site for Rock im Park is relavtive close to Munich).

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 9, 2017 21:12

slewan
Rock am Ring / Rock im Park (it's a double festival, same weekend, same bands but on different days) is very unlikely since the Stones played three shows in Germany this year (and the site of Rock am Ring is quite close to Dusseldorf and the site for Rock im Park is relavtive close to Munich).

It's very unlikely because this is a tour of the UK we are talking about here.

Nate

Date: November 9, 2017 21:51

“England and the UK are not interchangeable terms.”

That was probably directed at me, and you’re right, I should know better.

ETA: and hey GasLightStreet miss your grammar corrections——

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-09 22:00 by 35love.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 9, 2017 22:47

Olly
RipThisBone
THE ENGLAND LOST TOUR 2018
(Farewell UK)

1. Aberdeen Scotland
2. Edinburgh Scotland
3. Glasgow Scotland
4. Cardiff Wales
5. ISLE OF MAN festival 21-24 june 2018
6. Dublin Ireland

7. BOSTON USA
8. NEW YORK CITY USA

Why the two dates at the end?

Just to rub it in...

This is The England Lost Tour so no show in London in 2018 (Farewell UK).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-09 23:01 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 10, 2017 01:25

Mid June to August tour dates don't bode well for me. I have family obligations to be in Germany in early May and plan on spending a few days in Paris prior and a trip to Italy afterwards. Traveling is rather difficult for me these days, major back surgery that didn't turn out too well, so I highly doubt I'll be able to make a second trip across the pond a month later. sad smiley We shall see....

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Date: November 10, 2017 01:42

DandelionPowderman
To make a 12 show UK tour, I guess this is more realistic?

Scotland: Glasgow - Likely, unfortunatelysad smiley Hampden Park with its crap transport links and it's a dump. Murrayfield in Edinburgh is a much better venue.

Wales: Cardiff. Stick on cert. The Principality Stadium is excellent in all respects - sound, transport, location etc.Imho, Britain's very best big venue by a mile. Holds over 70,000.

Ireland: Dublin : 2 excellent large stadia in Croke Park and the Arriva. Slane Castle too so I reckon very likely.

Northern Ireland: Belfast - I doubt it. Biggest Stadium is 18,000 so it would need to be a field. Also Belfast is only 100 miles from Dublin with good transport links.

England: Sheffield: Very unlikely. In 1995, 1999 & 2006 they played at Don Valley Athletics stadium. It's been demolished and the 2 Football Stadia have no history of gigs to speak of.

England: Manchester - Good shout. Old Trafford is hosting concerts again and the Etihad hosts concerts most years. I reckon they might even get 2 shows, with huge populations nearby.

England: Knebworth Festival - Not happening this year, according to reports. The land is owned by wealthy aristocrats and they host concerts whenever they need some liquid cash. But I reckon they'll do a festival somewhere.

England: Isle Of Man : Not in England. Along with the Channel Islands of Jersey and Guernsey, it's a self governing British Crown Dependency and tax haven, where the super-rich squirrel away their money to dodge billions in tax. Nowhere they could play there unless a big field.

England, Wembley (4 shows) : They've not played it since it was rebuilt so a dead cert for me. They could fill it 4 times if they cut their prices, but they won't so 2-3 shows is more likely I think. The top tier is rubbish - miles from the pitch. Easy to get to, but absolutely awful to get out of afterwards!

Another possibility is Newcastle or Sunderland - 2 excellent large stadia. Maybe even Coventry, which hosts the odd show.

It will be very interesting to see what emerges.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 10, 2017 08:40

grezgorz67:
Stadium of Light in Sunderland would be a good choice. Bruce Springsteen and other big acts have played there in recent years I think. But St. James' Park in Newcastle is not a good alternative IMO. I know the Stones have played there before, but not after the 1998 expansion of the stadium. The Leazes End is so high and steep that the stage (if placed at the other end) would seem to be miles away.

Surprised no one has mentioned Birmingham, England's 2nd biggest city with several stadiums and indoor arenas.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 10, 2017 08:56

The Worst.
grezgorz67:
Stadium of Light in Sunderland would be a good choice. Bruce Springsteen and other big acts have played there in recent years I think. But St. James' Park in Newcastle is not a good alternative IMO. I know the Stones have played there before, but not after the 1998 expansion of the stadium. The Leazes End is so high and steep that the stage (if placed at the other end) would seem to be miles away.

Surprised no one has mentioned Birmingham, England's 2nd biggest city with several stadiums and indoor arenas.

I mentioned please come to Brum.

Its been too long 1973.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 10, 2017 09:08

Why not just play 5-6 Wembley shows spread over a cpl weekends? Everyone in the UK can attend, its only cpl hundred miles after all. One stage set up, reduce the ticket prices...

I had (gladly) to go from Perth to Sydney and Adelaide for 'recent' shows in Australia...THOUSANDS of miles.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Rod

Date: November 10, 2017 10:35

odean73
The Worst.
grezgorz67:

Its been too long 1973.

I hear you odeam and I do hope it happens. No gig since 73 is ridiculous for a city of Brom's stature. However, too many things mitigate against it. No recent history of gigs at any of the city's 3 major football stadia and, perhaps the biggest one of all, Birmingham City Council would have to be involved in any bid for a gig. As we all know, they're skint. If it was an arena tour you'd be in with s big chance with 2 excellent venues in the NIA & NEC.

TheWorst,

Agreed on Sunderland's City of Light. It has a strong recent history of gigs - you can add 'Take That' to your list. It has easier access than St James's Park too and seems to have gazumped it as the stadium gig venue of choice in the North East.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 10, 2017 11:25

It's a pity the Sheffield Don Valley Stadium is no longer with us.

They played it three times in the 90 s & noughties ....must have liked it.

The sound was always good because it wasn't a fully enclosed football type stadium with towering stands on all sides.

Date: November 10, 2017 11:57

grzegorz67
odean73
The Worst.
grezgorz67:

Its been too long 1973.

I hear you odeam and I do hope it happens. No gig since 73 is ridiculous for a city of Brom's stature. However, too many things mitigate against it. No recent history of gigs at any of the city's 3 major football stadia and, perhaps the biggest one of all, Birmingham City Council would have to be involved in any bid for a gig. As we all know, they're skint. If it was an arena tour you'd be in with s big chance with 2 excellent venues in the NIA & NEC.

TheWorst,

Agreed on Sunderland's City of Light. It has a strong recent history of gigs - you can add 'Take That' to your list. It has easier access than St James's Park too and seems to have gazumped it as the stadium gig venue of choice in the North East.

Correct about birmingham city council. lol

I dont and never expect the stones to come to Brum to be honest.

Would be great as a lot of the family are intending to go to a concert in the UK next year.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 10, 2017 11:58

How many shows can the Uk market absorb? 7? More?
That would leave a handful (3-5) of gigs left for the continent...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-10 12:00 by dcba.

Date: November 10, 2017 11:58

Spud

The sound was always good because it wasn't a fully enclosed football type stadium with towering stands on all sides.

Quite liked the don valley, i went when it was raining and made quite an atmosphere, everything was convenient.

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: November 10, 2017 12:59

You can't compare THOUSANDS of miles travelling in Australia to getting around the UK. Australia has over 7m sq km, 24m people, to UK well under 1/2m sq km, 65m people!! So I can assure you that if we all trek to the '5 - 6 Wembley shows over a couple weekends' as you suggest, with the atrocious logistics of the place (6 hours to exit the car park?) the infrastructure of the country quite simply couldn't cope, I doubt if people would be home by Xmas!

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: November 10, 2017 13:04

Hate to be picky but Dublin is not in UK

For those of us who are confused, this article may help

[www.smithsonianmag.com]

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 10, 2017 13:45

odean73
Spud

Quite liked the don valley, i went when it was raining and made quite an atmosphere, everything was convenient.

Ah, B2B Tour ....pissed it down for about 30 mins of the set .
Great fun though grinning smiley

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: November 10, 2017 13:50

ycagwywpmd
Hate to be picky but Dublin is not in UK

For those of us who are confused, this article may help

[www.smithsonianmag.com]

But it will be part of the UK tour probably. I don't think they plan an Ireland tour for 2019 ;-)

Date: November 10, 2017 14:24

I think they should do Blackpool considering it'd be exactly 10 years since there ban from the town was lifted!

There's no venue there for a big gig but a nice warm up show would be good winking smiley

Date: November 10, 2017 15:05

scoreboardpaddock
I think they should do Blackpool considering it'd be exactly 10 years since there ban from the town was lifted!

There's no venue there for a big gig but a nice warm up show would be good winking smiley

Bloomfield Road grinning smiley ?

Spud
odean73
Spud

Ah, B2B Tour ....pissed it down for about 30 mins of the set .
Great fun though grinning smiley

At the VL show in '95, it was a warm, sunny evening. Only my 2nd ever Stones show. It was only built in 1990 for the World Student Games and demolished just 23 years after construction. Sheffield City Council couldn't afford to run it. Liked that venue and clearly the Stones did too as they returned twice - an absolutely scandalous waste of resources.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home