Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 127
Re: 2018 Tour of U.K.
Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: November 1, 2017 23:56

corriecas
little queenie
grzegorz67
roller99
Scotland is a go.

Excellent. I'm a native so I'll be there! For those non Scots attending, be prepared for a wild audience grinning smiley I was at BtB Edinburgh in 1999 and Licks Glasgow Show 1 in 2003. The Wildest Audiences in Northern Europe for sure and perhaps not far behind those in the South.

Edinburgh is due for a date -- I was there in 99 too -- and it's been Glasgow ever since.

Great. Once had a love in edinbrugh, Linda. Great gal and she could drink me under the table and she was a lot of fun.
Jeroen
I Was at Edinburgh 99 and it was pretty wild, in fact there were fights breaking out in front of the stage before The Stones came on but despite that it was a great show. Shame there is no footage from that one, The Stones themselves were awesome that night.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: November 2, 2017 00:34

i too was at murrayfield that night in 1999.

it was a cold night for june and we were high up in the stands and there were many empty seats, but it was a good gig and a good setlist, they played routte 66, respectable, angie, like a rolling stone, before they make me run and opened the show with jj flash as i remember it.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 2, 2017 02:48

Are these massive crowded hippy shows where you stand in a group of 100,000 for 12 hours, and where’s the porta potty?
Just asking.

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: November 2, 2017 16:54

ycagwywpmd
Big Al
DartfordRenegade
Big Al
So, if the Stones have decided to embark on their first proper U.K. Tour since 1971, what can the public realistically expect? Ideally, Northern Ireland should get its first Stones show since 1965; a show apiece in Scotland and Wales; a show in the north and midlands of England - Newcastle and Birmingham, perhaps - and rounding things of with a trio of performances at North Greenwich's 02 Arena. Oh, and Knebworth, too.

That all sounds good Big Al but I personally think they should round it all off where it all began in Dartford (well at least for Mick and Keith)! They could do a few warm up club type shows at the Mick Jagger Centre and then finish up with a big show in central park as headliners at the Dartford show. Of course as that show is funded by Dartford council tax payers tickets should only be sold to people with a DA1 postcode. Don't worry as you are an ex-resident I will sort you out a ticket. grinning smiley

Ha-ha, thank you. I miss DA1. If they ever perform in GU17, I'll return the favour!

Ha! Well that's a thought, playing at The Mick Jagger Centre, a venue for a few hundred people max, in Mick's old school......maybe just for people living within, say, a 20 mile radius, us who started them off on their road to fame and fortune, only to be just a little neglected, shall we say, in the years to follow?

Yes your right they have never played a show in Dartford even in the very early years. I think Sidcup art school was the nearest they ever played and I once saw a picture of an old flyer promoting a gig at the Scala ballroom in Dartford in 1964 if I remember correctly but I don't think it happened as it is not listed in Bill Wyman's book that covers the early years.

Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor are the only Stones who have performed shows in Dartford at the Orchard Theatre. Mick and Keith did come to Dartford in the early 60's to judge a beauty pageant at the Co-op club but did not perform any music.

Chris Jagger has played several times at the Mick Jagger centre and Mick came down with Jerry Hall to open it and he paid a flying visit to his old school a couple of years back but that was kept secret. I suspect any gig at the MJC if it ever did happen would also be kept very secret and be only for family, MJC employees and local VIPs such as the council leader who was at the last secret visit. I also think though that anyone who lives around the corner from the MJC and is a local youth leader and big Rolling Stones fan like me should get a ticket too!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 2, 2017 16:57

Well it looks like the rumoured Knebworth festival isn't happening next year:

[www.musicweek.com]

"Music Week revealed in September that the promoter was bidding to put on a new multi-day event in Knebworth Park next summer, but it is understood this is no longer being considered for 2018. However, the duo have reiterated their wish to stage a camping event "outside of a city" in the coming years."

I'd guess on two nights at Wembley Stadium plus other regional gigs.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-02 16:59 by Mr Jimmy.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 2, 2017 17:01

Mr Jimmy

[www.musicweek.com]

And possibly some Mainland Europe dates...? Pukkelpop or Werchter..??

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: November 2, 2017 17:14

Is is possible they would play the new London Stadium instead of Wembley? There's been several shows there recently and Foo Fighters are playing there in June.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: November 2, 2017 17:40

buttons67
i too was at murrayfield that night in 1999.

it was a cold night for june and we were high up in the stands and there were many empty seats, but it was a good gig and a good setlist, they played routte 66, respectable, angie, like a rolling stone, before they make me run and opened the show with jj flash as i remember it.
Yes freezing cold wind! brrrrr!!!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 2, 2017 17:47

Mr Jimmy

[www.musicweek.com]

"Music Week revealed in September that the promoter was bidding to put on a new multi-day event in Knebworth Park next summer, but it is understood this is no longer being considered for 2018. However, the duo have reiterated their wish to stage a camping event "outside of a city" in the coming years."

got to be honest, quite relieved to hear it.
An awful venue to listen to music.
A logistical headache of a location & one I've never wanted to repeat after Oasis in 1996

Mick about tour in Great Brittain
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: November 7, 2017 21:41

[www.contactmusic.net]

The Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger has revealed the group are planning UK gigs for next year.

The Rolling Stones are planning UK gigs for next year.

British fans of the rock group - which includes Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts - were devastated to find out that the band had missed out the UK on their last tour, the No Filter European Tour, earlier this year but Mick has now revealed the group are ''getting plans in place'' to perform in the UK in 2018.

Mick told The Sun newspaper: ''We were disappointed not to perform in the UK on our recent jaunt and we're looking forward to getting plans in place to do so next year.''

The Rolling Stones' last big gigs in the UK were back in 2013, when they performed two shows at London's Hyde Park and also had one of the headline slots at the iconic Glastonbury Festival.

Ronnie made his return to stage for the first time since his battle with lung cancer on the first night of their European tour and said it was a ''gift'' to be back doing what he loves.

He said: ''We're all equally surprised at how great the vibe is, because we love to make people happy with our music, and it seems to work. It's like a gift that can't be bought. It's an amazing feeling.''

And Keith has reassured fans that the band - who have been going strong for more than five decades - still have plenty of life in them yet.

He added: ''We haven't finished yet. It's still too early for me to talk about the Stones' legacy. There's one thing that we haven't yet achieved, and that's to really find out how long you can do this. It's still such a joy to play with this band that you can't really let go of it. I'm more interested in learning how far this bunch can take it.''

Contactmusic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-07 21:42 by Christiaan.

Re: Mick about tour in Great Brittain
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 7, 2017 23:00

We need a cool tour name. Too bad ‘By The Pound’ is already kinda taken.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 7, 2017 23:50

Yeeeehaaa.

"The boys are comin' home" tour smileys with beer

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 7, 2017 23:57

grzegorz67
Yeeeehaaa.

"The boys are comin' home" tour smileys with beer

thumbs up

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 7, 2017 23:59

We've had no security and no filter so now it's time for the no ticket tour.
All shows are free.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-08 00:00 by Nate.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 8, 2017 00:09

Nate
All shows are free.

Fat chance I'm afraid. 1 free show (Havana) since 1969 doesn't fill me with hope. Glad they're returning to these isles anyway.

For the Celtic Countries' shows, I think the excellent Principality(Millennium) in Cardiff is s stick on cert for the Welsh show.

For Scotland I really hope Murrayfield gets the gig. In 1999 it was excellent, with a very wild crowd that night. Hampden is still a dump with crap transport links despite all the money spent on it. Yet the Stones have played it twice - in 1990 when it was an absolute toilet and again in 2006 by when, after complete reconstruction, it had improved somewhat and was (and is) merely a dump.

It sounds like Knebworth is off so I can see 2 shows at Wembley stadium, not played since 1999, a show I also attended.

Tickets will not be cheap, but I'm going to do lots of Lucky Dipping. Selling my spare will not be hard.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-08 00:17 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: November 8, 2017 00:11

Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, 2006

Free show

Date: November 8, 2017 01:06

Mick told The Sun newspaper: ''We were disappointed not to perform in the UK on our recent jaunt and we're looking forward to getting plans in place to do so next year.''

YEA!!!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 8, 2017 02:33

SomeTorontoGirl
We need a cool tour name. Too bad ‘By The Pound’ is already kinda taken.

Brexit Up

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: November 8, 2017 03:00

hahahaha mick is busy parking his car into 22 year old after the tour,trying to get some SATISFACTION, NEEDS TO REST TO COUNT HIS MILLIONS,HEHEHEHE AND READY FOR THE NEXT TOUR.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: November 8, 2017 04:01

The Band Pass Filter Tour.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: November 8, 2017 04:24

Now I agree that plans are in place or being officially made for a UK Tour .. BUT ...if this puppy is scheduled and February rolls around and there is still no official mention of the album that is to come in 2018 from them or their camp ....

Ya might as well friggin forget the album man -

Ian

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 8, 2017 04:37

Don't give up complete hope Ian - yes things are bleak for a new album anytime soon as mpj200 had posted, but anything is possible.
Someone else had mentioned they might have enough scraps of new material to throw something together quickly prior to the UK tour, but do we want to hear something that's half baked? It's a dilemma...not only for the fans but for also for the band. I say the should keep on rolling on the road while the going's good and demand is there, and let the album organically come together - even if it takes five more years

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: November 8, 2017 04:55

Hairball
Don't give up complete hope Ian - yes things are bleak for a new album anytime soon as mpj200 had posted, but anything is possible.
Someone else had mentioned they might have enough scraps of new material to throw something together quickly prior to the UK tour, but do we want to hear something that's half baked? It's a dilemma...not only for the fans but for also for the band. I say the should keep on rolling on the road while the going's good and demand is there, and let the album organically come together - even if it takes five more years

'More Years' ....? Really....??

Guy it's been >>thirteen<< bloody years and going on three years since they started this album, yo... How many more years does it take or is understandable .. Come on now (Lol).

Now.. with that said.. and as I noted before.. I have not given up hope .. Now .. like I said before ...if mid February rolls around and we still .. at that point have not heard any official mention ...officially.. or right from their mouths of a new album to come in 2018 by them or their camp then I will have given up.

So I'm giving it it roughly three more months. If they haven't gathered in the studio to finish work on it and there is no no mention of it by then I will have given up (who wouldn't at that point? grinning smiley ).

Your Friend (and your online Rolling Stones Confidant!), Ian

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-08 06:17 by IanBillen.

Date: November 8, 2017 04:56

I cannot believe it’s been 16 DAYS since I saw The Rolling Stones live!
WTF no way!
And I’m conniving for more?! YES!
‘Soul Survivor’ Exile
that’s what I’m talking about

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: November 8, 2017 05:21

I am long long past being excited about a new Rolling Stones album or the possibility of a new Rolling Stones album. I assume they are not under any kind of contractual obligation and they really really take their time. If it petered out and they feel uninspired then so be it.

On the economic side of things I think they want to "get their money's worth" from the new giant-cellphone-towers stage so it's understandable that they might want to tour the UK. Keep the bean counters happy!

I still get starry-eyed looking at those '70 and '71 tour pictures. Oh, if only to have been at one of those shows when rock and roll was really rock and roll.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 8, 2017 06:40

Nate
All shows are free.

grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: November 8, 2017 08:13

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-08 08:47 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: November 8, 2017 08:59

I expect them to return to the studio. The tour’s good vibes have been a plus.

Posted by: monkeymark ()
Date: November 8, 2017 13:36

marquess
Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, 2006

Free show

And also the first Hyde Park show in the seventies

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 8, 2017 13:58

Farewell tour seems to be appropiriate

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext