Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 127
Re: 2018 Tour of U.K.
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 24, 2017 22:14

yorkshirestone
crumbling_mice
I'll give a shout out for them to play Leeds...we have a very nice new arena which acoustically is better than most. I was at the Roundhay Park gig in 1982 and as we know it's now been released officially due to it being a great show...similarly the Leeds University gig from 71 has gone down as a classic gig in their history (was only 10 years old so missed that one, although my older brother went) .

It's about time the North of England had a visit, and as I haven't seen them since Glastonbury it would be good to only have to travel a few miles to the gig.

FD arena is fabulous (seen Bruce, Cohen, Jack White, Vampire Weekend, etc there and about 20 miles for me) but can't see the economics working at 13000 capacity :-/
Roundhay would be great but suspect it'll be etihad in Manchester if there's a northern gig. Edging my bets and off to Arnhem in 3 weeks tho!

YOu are probably correct, the Manchester Arena or Stadiums would rake in more cash due to size. There is always Ellland Rd football stadium, would easily accommodate 40,000, I live in hope.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 24, 2017 22:44

They liked returning to "big" venues like they did with Slane in 07 and Hyde park in 13 , so I could see Roundhay Park if it's still allowed and Knebworth next year.......maybe >grinning smiley<

sc uk

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 25, 2017 01:00

straycatuk
They liked returning to "big" venues like they did with Slane in 07 and Hyde park in 13 , so I could see Roundhay Park if it's still allowed and Knebworth next year.......maybe >grinning smiley<

sc uk

Knebworth sounds like it's odds on, plus a gig in Scotland. The latter will be Hampden or Murrayfield. I'd prefer the latter but think it will be Hampden as it's the World's oldest international football stadium so very historic.

The North of England deserves a show of 3.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 7, 2017 15:08

I wonder when there will be any official news about the 2018 uk tour.guess ticketsales will start march 2018 if tour starts in junesmileys with beer
Jeroen

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 7, 2017 16:03

UK will have it's fair share of Stones shows next summer. A whole tour, may be 10-12 shows, that is what they are talking about. Knebworth three days with wish list mega-acts The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and one more. Ireland, Scotland, Wales and of course England shows. Don't book your holiday to Spain next summer. Tell your partner UK is a great place to be in the summer of 2018.

Bjornulf

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 7, 2017 16:09

bv
UK will have it's fair share of Stones shows next summer. A whole tour, may be 10-12 shows, that is what they are talking about. Knebworth three days with wish list mega-acts The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and one more. Ireland, Scotland, Wales and of course England shows. Don't book your holiday to Spain next summer. Tell your partner UK is a great place to be in the summer of 2018.

What period should we keep free Bjornulf?
Mid May till end of August?thanks .jeroen

Date: October 7, 2017 16:09

thumbs up

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 7, 2017 16:10

bv

"Aw-riiiight!!" smileys with beer

Date: October 7, 2017 16:29

bv

Brilliant to read Bjornulf and music to my ears. It'll be great to see the band without any hassles with airport security, worries about delayed or cancelled flights and all the rest (unless I do the Irish show(s) as I probably will). My main travel costs will be petrol and bus/train fares. It seems like they really want to make up for 5 years without a home show in a big way.

And I find the UK is a great place to be, all of the time (if you ignore the weather...) smileys with beer

For all you visiting Scandinavians, enjoy the cheap beer thumbs up

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 7, 2017 16:46

bv
Knebworth three days with wish list mega-acts The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and one more.

Great musical challenge like Desert Trip was... smiling smiley
The Who maybe ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-07 16:51 by powerage78.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 7, 2017 16:51

bv
Knebworth three days with wish list mega-acts The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and one more.

Who? McCartney? Roger Waters?

Oh No Not This Again

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 7, 2017 16:53

I am crossing my fingers for a real Pink Floyd reunion at Knebworth 2018. I know it is complicated but still possible. Comfortably Numb with both Gilmour and Waters would be something.

Bjornulf

Date: October 7, 2017 16:59

Yes that would be great.
Live 8 was awesome.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 7, 2017 17:54

bv
I am crossing my fingers for a real Pink Floyd reunion at Knebworth 2018. I know it is complicated but still possible. Comfortably Numb with both Gilmour and Waters would be something.

That was on my mind, too...

Date: October 7, 2017 18:18

Without Rick Wright...

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 7, 2017 18:28

see you there ....

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 7, 2017 18:33

Fingers crossed, it will be fantastic news.

I flew back from Spain for the first Hyde park show and would do it again. But I would like to do 3 _4 shows this time.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 7, 2017 18:52

Don't want to be a doom monger but I honestly cannot see Waters/Gilmour or Page
/Plant sharing a stage together in 2018....or thereafter.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: October 7, 2017 19:04

bv
UK will have it's fair share of Stones shows next summer. A whole tour, may be 10-12 shows, that is what they are talking about...

Interesting and surprising to me, as I can't imagine there being the demand for that number of shows in the UK, going by the relatively small number of UK shows over recent decades.

In order to reach the now standard number of dates (around 14 or 15), maybe the Stones will begin their 2018 tour in America, where there seems to be an inexhaustible demand, or parts of Europe not visited in 2017, before moving on to perform a series of dates resembling the following:

Slane Castle, Republic of Ireland
Murrayfield, Edinburgh, Scotland
Old Trafford, Manchester, England
Millenium Stadium, Cardiff, Wales
Villa Park, Birmingham, England
Twickenham Stadium, London, England (2 dates)

Date: October 7, 2017 19:45

Olly
bv
UK will have it's fair share of Stones shows next summer. A whole tour, may be 10-12 shows, that is what they are talking about...

Interesting and surprising to me, as I can't imagine there being the demand for that number of shows in the UK, going by the relatively small number of UK shows over recent decades.

In order to reach the now standard number of dates (around 14 or 15), maybe the Stones will begin their 2018 tour in America, where there seems to be an inexhaustible demand, or parts of Europe not visited in 2017, before moving on to perform a series of dates resembling the following

Slane Castle, Republic of Ireland
Murrayfield, Edinburgh, Scotland
Old Trafford, Manchester, England
Millenium Stadium, Cardiff, Wales
Villa Park, Birmingham, England
Twickenham Stadium, London, England (2 dates)

Old Trafford and Aston Villa have not hosted concerts in many a long year. The recognised Stadium Venue in Manchester is the City of Manchester Stadium. I would think they'd much prefer to do Wembley in London then Twickenham as they've yet to play it since it was rebuilt and they did Twickenham on Licks and ABB.

I don't think they would do shows in North America immediately prior to a UK/European tour for logistical reasons. I know they tacked 3 UK dates on to the end of 50 & Counting in 2013 but the stage sets for Glastonbury & Hyde Park were not their own so it was pretty much a case of turn up with their instruments and plug in and play.

I do agree with your point about number of UK shows. They did 10 here in 1990 and a good few on Licks too, though all bar the 2 Teickenham shows were indoor.

If there's to be a 10-12 show tour, I'd expect some to be in Europe or smaller indoor UK shows. 10-12 UK stadium shows could only be supported by lowering their prices substantially.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-07 19:50 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: October 7, 2017 19:58

Yes, Etihad Stadium is a more common concert venue, but Old Trafford is a larger and more famous venue. It's still used for concerts, I think Billy Joel's playing there in June.

Hopefully 'the second city' will get a show - what stadium could be used if not Villa Park?

As for London, I've heard complaints about the sound at Wembley, and I'd like to see them return to the scene of one of their greatest ever shows. But I agree, playing at Wembley would make sense as well.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: October 7, 2017 20:05

great news if true, will hold off booking my summer holidays. ibiza is in the plans but will hold off.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 7, 2017 20:23

It would be very surreal to go back to Knebworth for the first time since 1979.........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-07 20:59 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 7, 2017 20:42

Does anybody know the dates for the Knebworth 2018 Festival, or are they yet to be announced?

Roger Waters has confirmed these dates in the area:

June 26 Dublin, IE 3Arena
June 29 Glasgow, SC Hydro
June 30 Glasgow, SC Hydro
July 2 Liverpool, UK Echo Arena
July 3 Manchester, UK Manchester Arena
July 6 London, UK BST Hyde Park
July 7 Birmingham, UK Barclaycard Arena

While I can see him performing his current Us+Them show at Knebworth, I have my doubts about "Pink Floyd" with David Gilmour and Nick Mason performing an entire show,
(although a guest appearance by one or both is always a possibility as it actually happened during Rogers Wall tour).

Led Zeppelin? Never say never!!! winking smiley

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 7, 2017 20:46

Hairball
Does anybody know the dates for the Knebworth 2018 Festival, or are they yet to be announced?

No dates have been announced yet. They're still at the "rumours" stage.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: October 7, 2017 20:50

jlowe
Don't want to be a doom monger but I honestly cannot see Waters/Gilmour or Page
/Plant sharing a stage together in 2018....or thereafter.

You're right.

However, as far as I'm concerned, as far as the Stones are on, that will be more than enough for me!

Date: October 7, 2017 21:27

Reading IORR reviews and this board the Who were the standouts at Desert Trip...

Date: October 7, 2017 21:40

Olly
Yes, Etihad Stadium is a more common concert venue, but Old Trafford is a larger and more famous venue. It's still used for concerts, I think Billy Joel's playing there in June.

Hopefully 'the second city' will get a show - what stadium could be used if not Villa Park?

As for London, I've heard complaints about the sound at Wembley, and I'd like to see them return to the scene of one of their greatest ever shows. But I agree, playing at Wembley would make sense as well.

I agree that Brom is long overdue a show. Villa Park would be a good venue I'm sure but no recent history of hosting concerts. The city probably suffers by being too close to London, all 4 Stones' home city.

I've been to shows at both Twickenham(U2) and Wembley (Jeff Lynne) this year and thought the sound was decent at both. I think it all depends where you are. As with most venues the higher up you are, the worse the sound is. Being underneath the lip of an overhang from the Tier sbove is rarely good too.

It sounds like they're coming here anyway and I'm sure several shows will be within a day-trip.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: October 7, 2017 22:01

Of course if they keep reading the negative comments here, they could call it off..."

I don't think so, roller 99. Even if the Stones keep reading the negative comments here, I'm sure they know very well what this "here" does represent and what does not. They are banking on the general impressions mainly. And the general impressions are clearly remaining positive, even very positive for them. The huge majority of the Press reviews does vary from positive to enthusiastic. The audiences are satisfied and the Stones have the experience and the perception to perceive it.

So I don't believe that their plans will be affected by 15- 20 guys, who are moaning all the time and about everything. Because Keith hits two bum notes, because they don't bring back Mick Taylor, because the band still plays Satisfaction instead of replace it with Miss Amanda Jones, etc, etc.

If they feel that all of them have the appropriate health and powers, I 'm sure we'll see being "on the road" again. If... .

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 7, 2017 23:05

If they can get insurance and they are all still alive then they'll play. 2018 will be 5 years since the 2 HP gigs and Glastonbury (and don't forget Glastonbury audience wasn't "fans" it was people who had already bought tickets to Glastonbury)

But I don't expect a "tour" ...maybe Knebworth (that keeps being floated) and 2 x Wembley (or maybe Twickenham)

Don't see them going anywhere else I'm afraid. You have to come to them.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home