Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 127
The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: September 15, 2017 17:32

2018 Tour of UK

I thought this would be the perfect time to start this thread, with all the negativity going around here.

The Stones will be playing some dates in the U.K. in 2018. Some sites have already been chosen. Of course if they keep reading the negative comments here, they could call it off. Be nice.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-27 09:17 by bv.

Re: 2018 Tour of U.K.
Date: September 15, 2017 17:33

Thanks, roller99!

Great news smileys with beer

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 15, 2017 17:38

roller99
I thought this would be the perfect time to start this thread, with all the negativity going around here.

The Stones will be playing some dates in the U.K. in 2018. Some sites have already been chosen. Of course if they keep reading the negative comments here, they could call it off. Be nice.

Yes! Always. smileys with beer

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: September 15, 2017 17:41

roller99
The Stones will be playing some dates in the U.K. in 2018. Some sites have already been chosen.

Do you know which sites?

Landgraaf 1995 - Amsterdam 1998 - The Hague 1998 - Landgraaf 1999 - Hockenheim 2003 - Utrecht 2003 - Amsterdam 2003 - Cologne 2006 - Nijmegen 2007 - Landgraaf 2014 - Dusseldorf 2014 - Arnhem 2017 - Marseille 2018 - Warsaw 2018 - Stockholm 2022 - Berlin 2022

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 15, 2017 17:45

If they need touring UK next year then they must add 6/7 show in Europe too.
They could make:2 in London,Knebworth,Glasgow,Slane Castle in Ireland,Cardiff and another English city(Leeds,Newcastle,Manchester)and rest of show in European countries off in this Tour(Norway,Poland,Serbia etc.) or new cities like Madrid or Milan.End of May/early July should be fine!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 15, 2017 18:31

Great news!

I hope the New Wembley Stadium will be part of it.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 15, 2017 19:00

The acoustics at Wembley are terrible. Saw the boss there last year....couldn't even make out what he said between songs. Middle of pitch. Olympic Sradium would be better choice

Sc uk

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 15, 2017 21:17

roller99

I'm always nice...almost.
Just asking myself whether there's a chance the Stones play the whole Beggars Banquet album live if I start to praise DW...

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: September 15, 2017 21:41

C'mon Leeds! The Stones have recorded history there (Twice!) How about a hat-trick and record the next live album there too ..

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 15, 2017 21:49

It would be nice if they played some smaller venues...even if just a few amidst the massive stadiums/large arenas...maybe even just one in a small club or theater in London.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: September 21, 2017 08:02

Scotland is a go.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 21, 2017 08:40

roller99
Scotland is a go.
Thanks roller! You always have good news and good info. It is great to hear they are planning more live shows for next year.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 21, 2017 08:58

roller99

Well I've just been reading the comments (and emails) from people (shock horror) that were actually there in Zurich yesterday, and by all accounts - the Rolling Stones put on an absolutely blinding performance !! Not a lot of 'negativity' in evidence, not only not from those people - but neither from me, making my own observations taking in the various youtube clips whilst reclining in my armchair !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 21, 2017 10:46

roller99
Scotland is a go.

Excellent. I'm a native so I'll be there! For those non Scots attending, be prepared for a wild audience grinning smiley I was at BtB Edinburgh in 1999 and Licks Glasgow Show 1 in 2003. The Wildest Audiences in Northern Europe for sure and perhaps not far behind those in the South.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 21, 2017 14:19

roller99
Scotland is a go.

Thanks for the info, roller thumbs up

How many shows are they planning?

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 21, 2017 14:34

Hey Roller, have you any news about the possible new album issue coinciding Tour, about Tour format(only UK dates or Europe too)and when it could happens(May/July or in the fall)?!Thanks for your info!

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 21, 2017 16:39

I think 2018 UK was one of their best tours, to be honest. And perhaps one of their last. Kind of ragged at first, but that's to be expected. Eventually, the band really "locked in" and delivered a knockout blow that last night at the O2.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 21, 2017 20:13

TooTough
Great news!

I hope the New Wembley Stadium will be part of it.

Hope not. Terrible venue for concerts (and Tottenham).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-21 21:53 by BowieStone.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 21, 2017 20:43

LongBeachArena72
I think 2018 UK was one of their best tours, to be honest. And perhaps one of their last. Kind of ragged at first, but that's to be expected. Eventually, the band really "locked in" and delivered a knockout blow that last night at the O2.

It's a toss up between 2018 and 1792... (Regardless...C'mon Dublin, Edinburgh and London!!!)

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: September 21, 2017 21:06

Hope they play Cardiff, Stadium is but minutes from my flat

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 21, 2017 21:46

LongBeachArena72

The best concert from 2018 was definitely Knebworth - they played 2.5 hours and Bill and Mick T came on stage for the 3 songs encore.

Date: September 21, 2017 21:47

grzegorz67

Excellent. I'm a native so I'll be there! For those non Scots attending, be prepared for a wild audience grinning smiley I was at BtB Edinburgh in 1999 and Licks Glasgow Show 1 in 2003. The Wildest Audiences in Northern Europe for sure and perhaps not far behind those in the South.

Couldn't agree more. I've seen them 3 times in Glasgow, 2003x2 and 2006. Amazing audience. And if i can add something, take a few more days for tourism. Edinburgh, the Highlands, the Isle of Skye, etc...very nice people and a beautiful country.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 21, 2017 22:18

Jumpinjackflash59
grzegorz67

Couldn't agree more. I've seen them 3 times in Glasgow, 2003x2 and 2006. Amazing audience. And if i can add something, take a few more days for tourism. Edinburgh, the Highlands, the Isle of Skye, etc...very nice people and a beautiful country.
A show would be a good reason to visit Scotland. The other reason: just Scotland!

Date: September 22, 2017 06:06

MAF
Jumpinjackflash59
grzegorz67

A show would be a good reason to visit Scotland. The other reason: just Scotland!

thumbs up

I was at both of those Licks shows in 2003 which were the last ones I saw that tour, and they were a great way for me to go out with a bang before heading back home after a seven week journey around northern Europe.
I've been back to Scotland several times since, and having some Scottish ancestry (Pringles and Duncans), I feel it in my bones and down to the core whenever I'm there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-22 06:11 by Hairball.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 22, 2017 06:30

mtaylor
LongBeachArena72

The best concert from 2018 was definitely Knebworth - they played 2.5 hours and Bill and Mick T came on stage for the 3 songs encore.

Ahh, Knebworth. That was a lovely night. The lads really brought it home, didn't they?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 22, 2017 08:20

shortfatfanny
roller99

I'm always nice...almost.
Just asking myself whether there's a chance the Stones play the whole Beggars Banquet album live if I start to praise DW...

a rather large hole in that strategy don't you think SFF? What if to try and please you they played the entirety of DW instead?

Actually for shits and giggles I'd like to be at that show!

Date: September 22, 2017 08:34

LongBeachArena72
mtaylor
LongBeachArena72

Ahh, Knebworth. That was a lovely night. The lads really brought it home, didn't they?

Wait, were you guys actually there at these shows? And if so, am I allowed to chime in based on what I've seen on youtube?
Or...were none of us there and we're just having a mild mannered conversation/critique based on what we think we know via youtube videos?
And if the above is true...should we all be silent and just rely on the opinions of a small handful that were actually in attendance?

Ahhh...never mind.winking smiley

ps - Just watched Gimme Shelter for the 110th time on TCM cable channel, and I could have sworn it looked like someone was violently attacked during the show.
But I can't be sure if it really happened as I wasn't at the show (I was only six tears old!)...hmmm...can anyone who was there please verify?

Date: September 22, 2017 10:19

paulywaul
roller99

Well I've just been reading the comments (and emails) from people (shock horror) that were actually there in Zurich yesterday, and by all accounts - the Rolling Stones put on an absolutely blinding performance !! Not a lot of 'negativity' in evidence, not only not from those people - but neither from me, making my own observations taking in the various youtube clips whilst reclining in my armchair !!

Consistency was never among IORR's stronger sides... winking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 22, 2017 10:34

DandelionPowderman
paulywaul
roller99

If

Consistency has never been the Stones' strongest point either. It has always been a matter of luck whether you got a good performance or an interesting trainwreck or whether they hit it out of the park, not only from night to night but sometimes from song to song. As they get older the odds on them hitting the jackpot get longer, but they still can, and when it all comes together - wow.

Date: September 22, 2017 10:36

Green Lady
DandelionPowderman
paulywaul
roller99

If

Consistency has never been the Stones' strongest point either. It has always been a matter of luck whether you got a good performance or an interesting trainwreck or whether they hit it out of the park, not only from night to night but sometimes from song to song. As they get older the odds on them hitting the jackpot get longer, but they still can, and when it all comes together - wow.

Isn't that (partly) why we love them? smiling smiley

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home