Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Buzz kills
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 14, 2017 17:50

I know it's silly, but I tend to think of the IORR community as friends. I am going to attend the shows in Paris and this is a real luxury for me. I think I need to avoid IORR until I am back home. It is just too upsetting to hear the amount of nasty, mean spirited remarks being thrown around. I can't believe the disrespect. If you have come to the point where you believe they can no longer bring it, get off the train. The majority of us don't want to be exposed to your cruelty and insensitivity.

Re: Buzz kills
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 14, 2017 18:23

You're not alone steffialicia.

My "skim-over" and "ignore" abilities are coming up short far too often recently.

Sad to see a community I've enjoyed for years be broken apart by a few who refuse to allow others to have different viewpoints.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 14, 2017 18:52

steffialicia
I know it's silly, but I tend to think of the IORR community as friends. I am going to attend the shows in Paris and this is a real luxury for me. I think I need to avoid IORR until I am back home. It is just too upsetting to hear the amount of nasty, mean spirited remarks being thrown around. I can't believe the disrespect. If you have come to the point where you believe they can no longer bring it, get off the train. The majority of us don't want to be exposed to your cruelty and insensitivity.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 23:50

steffialicia

We're just a bunch of idiots on a message board. I would hope we'd be pretty easy to ignore. C'mon, have the courage of your convictions--go dig the band you love and don't let nincompoops like me effect you in any way. After all, enjoying the show is the best revenge!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 15, 2017 05:57

I don't like completely negative people...but on the other hand, I think the board is about discussion and differing opinions and even disagreement...everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Would be nothing more boring than a board that exclusively cheerleaded absolutely everything the band did.

I find it offensive when people are 'called out' pointing out things or wanting to discuss things that don't necessarily paint the band in the best light. Who cares, the band isn't perfect, but so why get defensive about it?

There are obviously trolls that sometimes abound and are just trying to get a rise out of everyone, that's not what I'm talking about.

I like what I've been reading by LB...I don't agree with everything necessarily but I like that alternate point of view.

my two cents...carry on!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 15, 2017 07:03

Whats the big deal one way or the other; I mean if the moderator's offended that's his deal; he gives enough latitude for me personally and I've had a shitstorm or two, deriding one or other of the fabglimz; but personally I don't get too very personal with personal derision cuz who the eff am i after a point.

other than a cat who is really interested in what other peeps get turned on by; but really baseline don't give enough of a shit to incorporate anything into my life that doesn't serve some kind of utility; be in mult-sensory sonic or lit or a contemp arteestuh or bareeestah even; cuz don't care enuff to invest my time and sensitivies into stuff that don't helpp me owt....

super sanctimonious hearfelt love at any cost cuz someone personal quiver get shook is beeyootifull to me, until it gets to harrumph harrumph why doncha just leave then if youse don't loves em all cutiepie like mois and, uh oh, here it comes...get ready....i've warned you and won't take responsibility if you read past this point and are offended; thank you; you have been warned:

why doncha just loves em up to death like....R E A L fans....
and that's a laugh until it's not and someone gets crown of thorns for going the other way with the ball. wtf just make it funny i'm right witt you....either way; the devotionals are touching until they are like religion of statism or something equally as odd to an anti-civilization pro-huntergatherer, like myself;
excuse me while i catch that moth and eat it; i'll be right back...

wow yummerz where were we? let me read it back...hmmm hmmm i see....hmmm....yes we all need validation go on, go on....yes yes yes i get it; bleeding heart COULD be as vile as BLoodBath in it's way....ok..i guess so....hmmm hmmmm go on....oh oh oh now i get it:
...............ok i think i get it;yes purtt sure:
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 15, 2017 07:12

Buzz Kills...would make a good name for a punk rock band.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: September 15, 2017 07:25

Hairball

There is one I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-15 07:30 by KingmanBarstow.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 15, 2017 11:34

treaclefingers
I don't like completely negative people...but on the other hand, I think the board is about discussion and differing opinions and even disagreement...everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Would be nothing more boring than a board that exclusively cheerleaded absolutely everything the band did.

I find it offensive when people are 'called out' pointing out things or wanting to discuss things that don't necessarily paint the band in the best light. Who cares, the band isn't perfect, but so why get defensive about it?

There are obviously trolls that sometimes abound and are just trying to get a rise out of everyone, that's not what I'm talking about.

I like what I've been reading by LB...I don't agree with everything necessarily but I like that alternate point of view.

my two cents...carry on!

Completely agree.

If you are enjoying the shows, then why is it so important that absolutely everyone be in 100% lockstep agreement? Insecurity, perhaps?

What's the big deal if a few people point out the obvious? -- That it isn't 1981 anymore, and that nothing is forever.

Just enjoy the sunset, which after all can be the most spectacular part of the day, even if some others enjoy the morning or high noon a bit more.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 15, 2017 11:38

Here's a little something, and in context, to get that buzz right buzzin' again, steffialicia!! smoking smiley

video: [www.youtube.com]

Apart from it being a real 'luxury' (and: éxtra respect for that!!) or not: it is - and always should remain to be - a definite treat to be able to look forward to the Rolling Stones finishing of their European Tour in Paris, ànd be part of that. And I (as sooo many...) know everything there is to know about lookin' forward to things like that. So I get what you're sayin' - I'm sure many of us can relate.

and you know what? It might not be such a bad idea to stay away from this board for a while. If not to avoid discouragement by all the negativity, the most certainly to avoid 'fun-spoilers' giveaways due to over-enthusiasm by the ones who did love the past gig(-s). You see: the 'evil' comes from both sides... >grinning smiley<

Having said that: even if it's 'just' a message board, it still is some sort of community. Therefor we'd hate to see somebody 'go' anyway, anyhow - wether it 'd be temporarily or (in-)definitely. So from all of us (I guess): do hang around here. Stick to your gutt feeling... Because, if anything, that's exactly what this band stands for.

I'm going to Paris myself; so let's look forward to that spectacle together, OK. smileys with beer

Date: September 15, 2017 12:03

When people call me a five year old for enjoying this Stones tour, it has nothing to do with «different opinions», of course.

As long as two parties present their views and bother to explain them, it's a discussion - and that's what IORR very much is about.

But what's been going on here since the tour opening is not merely an exchange of different opinions - but trolling. I can only speak for myself, but that's what I get offended by: No explaining, strategically placed bashing in threads where people share their experiences. Starting multiple threads with the same message: «The Stones suck, and you're idiots for buying their sham».

It's possible that you who claim this is a valid «different view», and that if those voices will not be heard it will be cheerleader heaven here, haven't read everything, though.

Campaigning, anyone? What do the IORR rules say about that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-15 12:56 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: September 15, 2017 12:25

well, buzz a while

[www.youtube.com]

and

Zurich, here we come

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: September 15, 2017 12:48

Justified negative criticism should be acceptable.

The trouble with this site is that it's not welcome. I got sick of hearing from the Stones-can-do-wrong brigade a long time ago. Unjustified positivity is as bad as unjustified negativity.

Date: September 15, 2017 13:03

Harlem Shuffler

The trouble with this site is that it's not welcome. I got sick of hearing from the Stones-can-do-wrong brigade a long time ago. Unjustified positivity is as bad as unjustified negativity.

You have clearly misunderstood, then. Because there are no posters here who say, or even think, that the Stones can do no wrong.

There has been criticism of the Stones here every day since I joined the board 20 years ago - as it should be.

We all love different eras, for instance, and we tell why and how come. When we criticise something, we explain why we think that way. Then there will be a discussion or debate.

No one opposes to that here. In fact, it's among the things that makes IORR so great.

Who decides whether something is justified, btw? That's up to you and me.

Date: September 15, 2017 14:57

By the by, I am extremely disappointed by the slow pace of Under My Thumb, which sent me to a very, very happy place when used in the 80s but that is a different observation than saying how old everyone looks, that Mick is hardly moving, that Keith is losing it, etc. Looking so forward to Paris and hopefully meeting up with IORR folks who are joyful at the glorious treat we are about to share.

Date: September 15, 2017 15:06

RoughJusticeOnYa
Here's a little something, and in context, to get that buzz right buzzin' again, steffialicia!! smoking smiley

video: [www.youtube.com]

Apart from it being a real 'luxury' (and: éxtra respect for that!!) or not: it is - and always should remain to be - a definite treat to be able to look forward to the Rolling Stones finishing of their European Tour in Paris, ànd be part of that. And I (as sooo many...) know everything there is to know about lookin' forward to things like that. So I get what you're sayin' - I'm sure many of us can relate.

and you know what? It might not be such a bad idea to stay away from this board for a while. If not to avoid discouragement by all the negativity, the most certainly to avoid 'fun-spoilers' giveaways due to over-enthusiasm by the ones who did love the past gig(-s). You see: the 'evil' comes from both sides... >grinning smiley<

Having said that: even if it's 'just' a message board, it still is some sort of community. Therefor we'd hate to see somebody 'go' anyway, anyhow - wether it 'd be temporarily or (in-)definitely. So from all of us (I guess): do hang around here. Stick to your gutt feeling... Because, if anything, that's exactly what this band stands for.

I'm going to Paris myself; so let's look forward to that spectacle together, OK. smileys with beer

Date: September 15, 2017 15:09

resotele
well, buzz a while

[www.youtube.com]

and

Zurich, here we come

Wonderful. Thanks!

Date: September 15, 2017 15:54

some peeps here so full of it; makes many a good poster split; many a good poster who stays just hold their tongue and not really subject themselves to resident stalkers abandoning life and sanity with tens of thousands of silly ruminations and projections and imaginings, sorta like holding reality for ransom and making posters pay the big price if their juvenile whining isn't seen as masterful and evolved, knowing criticism; and it's sub five and dime stuff; it must be why bands like Stones have secret contempt for the idiots that cue up, or form little devotional clubs; it's everything that rock and roll always wasn't but they got to the party the morning after everyone left; pick up some of the debris and pretend it's New Year's Eve on they're in the Main Room and the crowd is goin' craaaayyyyzeeeeeee as they try to copy other guys who at least used to be able to play; yeh buzz kill; self appointed event planners begging the world w enforcement techniques to understand just how deeply they are having that special fun that you just quite can't get without joining their cult; fkn ridick the mighty RStones get reduced to shi strewn vapid garbage by pretned fans on the enforcement squad; pish fkn tosh peeps; this ain['t even worth sayin' yer shit here when i see who never leaves....rock the eff on mutharuckerz....

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 15, 2017 16:00

steffialicia
By the by, I am extremely disappointed by the slow pace of Under My Thumb, which sent me to a very, very happy place when used in the 80s but that is a different observation than saying how old everyone looks, that Mick is hardly moving, that Keith is losing it, etc. Looking so forward to Paris and hopefully meeting up with IORR folks who are joyful at the glorious treat we are about to share.

Is this slower or faster than 2017:

[www.youtube.com]

Cuz that's how they shld play it, imho.

Date: September 15, 2017 17:10

hopkins
some peeps here so full of it; makes many a good poster split; many a good poster who stays just hold their tongue and not really subject themselves to resident stalkers abandoning life and sanity with tens of thousands of silly ruminations and projections and imaginings, sorta like holding reality for ransom and making posters pay the big price if their juvenile whining isn't seen as masterful and evolved, knowing criticism; and it's sub five and dime stuff; it must be why bands like Stones have secret contempt for the idiots that cue up, or form little devotional clubs; it's everything that rock and roll always wasn't but they got to the party the morning after everyone left; pick up some of the debris and pretend it's New Year's Eve on they're in the Main Room and the crowd is goin' craaaayyyyzeeeeeee as they try to copy other guys who at least used to be able to play; yeh buzz kill; self appointed event planners begging the world w enforcement techniques to understand just how deeply they are having that special fun that you just quite can't get without joining their cult; fkn ridick the mighty RStones get reduced to shi strewn vapid garbage by pretned fans on the enforcement squad; pish fkn tosh peeps; this ain['t even worth sayin' yer shit here when i see who never leaves....rock the eff on mutharuckerz....

You're the nice guy on the forum, aren't you?

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 15, 2017 17:23

hopkins

I'm thinking you ate the wrong moth.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 15, 2017 17:28

steffialicia

thumbs up

Date: September 15, 2017 17:59

mr_dja
hopkins

I'm thinking you ate the wrong moth.
lol most def. That plus Expresso oh no! Guess it's the Velvet underground Loaded and Rock and Roll. Obviously losing it haha Cheers!

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: September 15, 2017 18:21

steffialicia
AGREED! On top of the fact that any input I have which is mostly positive is completely ignored then l just feel why bother? BUY/SELL/TRADE is a different matter, more welcoming less an exclusive private members club. I repeat The Rolling Stones are out on tour, be happy, less the negativity.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: September 15, 2017 18:26

KingmanBarstow
Hairball

There is one I think.
Cocks mate Cocks

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 15, 2017 18:35

Why would anybody be offended by criticism of a rock band? I really dont get it. Obviously we're all fans. And I find critical reviews to be interesting as well. Even when I disagree. Enjoy the concerts! Ill enjoy If you can't rock me Buffalo 1975. Maybe a London show from 1973. cool smiley

Date: September 15, 2017 18:59

[www.iorr.org]

Jaggernaut

Wild Horse On A Plastic Phallus

They opened on the 9th at the Forum and I went to the track the same day. The track is right across from the Forum and I looked over as I drove in and thought, well, that's where it's going to be. Last time I had seen them was at the Santa Monica Civic. It was hot at the track and everybody was sweating and losing. I was hungover but got off well. A track is some place to go so you won't stare at the walls and whack-off, or swallow ant poison. You walk around and bet and wait and look at the people and when you look at the people long enough you begin to realize that it's bad because they are everywhere, but it's bearable because you adjust somewhat, feeling more like another piece of meat in the tide than if you had stayed home and read Ezra, or Tom Wolfe or the financial section.

The tracks aren't what they used to be: full of hollering drunks and cigar smokers, and girls sitting at the side Benches and showing leg all the way up to the panties. I think times are much harder than the government tells us. The government owes their balls to the banks and the banks have over-lent to businessmen who can't pay it back because the people can't buy what business sells because an egg costs a dollar and they've only got 50 cents. The whole thing can go overnight and you'll find red flags in the smokestacks and Mao t-shirts walking through Disneyland, or maybe Christ will come back wheeling a golden bike, front wheel 12-to-one ratio to rear. Anyhow, the people are desperate at the track; it has become the job, the survival, the cross...instead of the lucky lark. And unless you know exactly what you're doing at a racetrack, how to read and play a toteboard, re-evaluate the trackman's morning line and eliminate the sucker money from the good money, you aren't going to win, you aren't going to win but one time in ten trips to the track. People on their last funds, on their last unemployment check, on borrowed money, stolen money, desperate stinking diminishing money are getting dismantled forever out there, whole lifetimes pissed away, but the, state gets an almost 7 percent tax cut on each dollar, so it's legal. I am better than most out there because I have put more study into it. The racetrack to me is like the bullfights were to Hemingway -- a place to study death and motion and your own character or lack of it. By the 9th race I was $50 ahead, put $40 to win on my horse and walked to the parking lot. Driving in I heard the result of the last race on the radio -- my horse had come in 2nd.

I got on in, took a hot bath, had a joint, had 2 joints (bombers), drank some white wine, Blue Nun, had 7 or 8 bottles of Heineken and wondered about the best way to approach a subject that was holy to a lot of people, the still young people anyhow. I liked the rock beat; I still liked sex; I liked the raising high roll and roar and reach of rock, yet I got a lot more out of Bee, and Mahler and Ives. What rock lacked was the total layers of melody and chance that just didn't have to chase itself after it began, like a dog trying to bite his ass off because he'd eaten hot peppers. Well, I'd try. I finished off the Blue Nun, dressed, had another joint and drove back on out. I was going to be late.

S.O. And the parking lot was full. I circled around and found the closest street to park in -- at least a half mile away.

I got out and began to walk. Manchester. The street was full of private residents behind iron bars with guards. And funeral homes. Others were walking in. But not too many. It was late. I walked along thinking, shit, it's too far, I ought to turn back. But I kept walking. About halfway down Manchester (on the south side) I found a golf course that had a bar and I walked in. There were tables. And golfers, satisfied golfers drinking slowly. There was a daylight golf course but these kitties had been shooting for distance on the straight range under the electric lights. Through the glass back of the bar you could still see a few others out there Jerking off golfballs under the moon. I had a girl with me. She ordered a bloody mary and I ordered a screwdriver. When my belly's going bad vodka soothes me and my belly's always going bad. The waitress asked the girl for her I.D. She was 24 and it pleased her. The bartender had a cheating, chalky dumb face and poured 2 thin drinks. Still it was cool and gentle in there.

"Look," I said, "why don't we just stay in here and get drunk? @#$%& the STONES. I mean, I can make up some kind of story: went to see the STONES, got drunk in a golfcourse bar, pewked, broke a table...knitted a palm tree towel, caught cancer. Whatcha think?"
"Sounds all right."
When women agree with me I always do the other thing. I paid up and we left. It was still quite a walk. Then we were angling across the parking lot. Security cars drove up and down. Kids leaned against cars smoking joints and drinking cheap wine. Beer cans were about. Some whiskey bottles. The younger generation was no longer pro-dope and anti-alcohol -- they had caught up with me: they used it all. When 27 nations would soon know how to use the hydrogen bomb it hardly made sense to preserve your health. The girl and I, our tickets were for seats that were separated. I got her pointed in the direction of her seat and then walked over to the bar. Prices were reasonable. I had two fast drinks, got my ticket stub out, put it in my hand and walked toward the noise. A large chap drunk on cheap wine ran toward me telling me that his wallet had been stolen. I lifted my elbow gently into his gut and he bent over and began to vomit.

I tried to find my section and my aisle. It was dark and light and blaring. The usher screamed something about where my seat was but I couldn't hear and waved him off. I sat down on the steps and lit a cigarette. Mick was down there in some kind of pajamas with little strings tied around his ankles. Ron Wood was the rhythm guitarist replacing Mick Taylor; Billy Preston was really shooting-off at the keyboard; Keith Richards was on lead guitar and he and Ron were doing some sub-glancing lilting highs against each other's edges but Keith held a firmer more natural ground, albeit an easy one which allowed Ron to come in and play back against shots and lobs at his will. Charlie Watts on tempo seemed to have joy but his center was off to the left and falling down. Bill Wyman on bass was the total professional holding it all together over the bloody Thames-Forum.

The piece ended and the usher told me that I was over on the other side, on the other side of row N. Another number began. I walked up and around. Every seat was taken. I sat down next to row N and watched the Mick work. I sensed a gentility and grace and desperateness in him, and still some of the power: I shall lead you children the shit out of here.

Then a female with big legs came down and brushed her hip against my head. An usher. Grotch, grotch, double luck. I showed her my stub. She moved out the kid on the end seat. I felt guilty and sat down on it. A huge balloon cock rose from the center of the stage, it must have been 70 feet high. The rock rocked, the cock rocked.

This generation loves cocks. The next generation we're going to see huge pussies, guys jumping into them like swimming pools and coming out all red and blue and white and gold and gleaming about 6 miles north of Redondo Beach.

Anyhow, Mick grabbed this cock at the bottom (and the screams really upped) and then Mick began to bend that big cock toward the stage, and then he crawled along it (living that time) and he kept moving toward the head, and then he kept getting nearer and then he grabbed the head.

The response was symphonic and beyond.

The next bit began. The guy next to me started again. This guy rocked and bobbed and rocked and rolled and flickered and rotor-rooted and boggled no matter what was or wasn't. He knew and loved his music. An insect of the inner-beat. Each hit with him was the big hit. Selectivity was Non-comp with him. I always drew one of these.

I went to the bar for another drink and after getting this kid out of my $12.50 seat again, there was Mick, he'd put his foot in a stirrup and now he was holding to a rope and he was way out and swinging back and forth over the heads of his audience, and he didn't look too steady up there waving back and forth, I didn't know what he was on, but for the sake of his bi-sexual ass and the heads he was going to fall upon I was glad when they reeled him back in.

Mick wore down after that, decided to change pajamas and sent out Billy Preston who tried to cheese and steal the game from the Jag and almost did, he was fresh and full of armpit and job and jog, he wanted to bury and replace the hero, he was nice, he did an Irish jig painted over in black, I even liked him, but you knew he didn't have the final send-off, and you must have guessed that Mick knew it too as he buried wet ice under his armpits and ass and mind backstage. Mick came out and finished with Preston. They almost kissed, wiggling @#$%&. Somebody threw a brace of firecrackers into the crowd. They exploded just properly. One guy was blinded for life; one girl would have a cataract over the left eye forever; one guy would never hear out of one ear. 0.K., that's circus, it's cleaner than Vietnam.

Bouquets fly. One hits Mick in the face. Mick tries to stamp out a big ball balloon that lands on stage. He can't push his foot through it. One saddens. Mick runs over, jumps up, kicks one of his fiddlers in the ass. The fiddler smokes a smile back, gently, full of knowledge: like, the pay is good.

The stage weighs 40 elephants and is shaped like a star. Mick gets out on the edge of the star; he gets each bit of audience alone, that section alone, and then he takes the mike away from his face and he forms his lips into the silent sound: @#$%& YOU. They respond.

The edge of the star rises, Mick loses his balance, rolls down to stage center, losing his mike.

There's more. I get the taste for the ending. Will it be "Sympathy for the Devil"? Will it be like at the Santa Monica Civic? Bodies pressing down the aisles and the young football players beating the shit out of the rock-tasters? To keep the sanctuary and the body and the soul of the Mick intact? I got trapped down there among ankles and @#$%& hairs and milk bodies and cotton-candy minds. I didn't want more of that. I got out. I got out when all the lights went on and the holy scene was about to begin and we were to love each other and the music and the Jag and the rock and the knowledge.

I left early. Outside they seemed bored. There were any number of titless blonde young girls in t-shirts and jeans. Their men were nowhere. They sat upon the ends of bumpers, most of the bumpers attached to campers. The titless young blonde things in t-shirts and jeans. They were listless, stoned, unexcited but not vicious. Little tight-butted girls with pussies and loves and flows.

So I walked on down to the car. The girl was in the back seat asleep. I got in and drove off. She awakened. I was going to have to send her back to New York City. We weren't making it. She sat up.

"I left early. That shit is finally deadening," she said.
"Well, the tickets were free."
"You going to write about it?"
"I don't know. I can't get any reaction, I can't get any reaction at all."
"Let's get something to eat," she said.
"Yeah, well, we can do that."

I drove north on Crenshaw looking for a nice place where you could get a drink and where there wasn't any music of any kind. It was 0.K. if the waitress was crazy as long as she didn't whistle.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 15, 2017 19:28

DandelionPowderman
Harlem Shuffler

You have clearly misunderstood, then. Because there are no posters here who say, or even think, that the Stones can do no wrong.

who are you to judge who has misunderstood? maybe you have? it's a long way down off the high horse, tread carefully.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 15, 2017 19:43

geordiestone
KingmanBarstow
Hairball

There is one I think.
Cocks mate Cocks

Yes I knew of the Buzzcocks, but did a google search for Buzz Kills and evidently there is a band called the Buzzkills - actually there are several of them!

One based out of Indiana (from jazz to metalcore, the group manages to blend the sound of the great classics with modern rock and progressive music).

One from Fort Worth, Texas (punk)

And another from West Yorkshire, UK (Grunge / Alternative / Punk)

There's probably more of them, but there you have it on the first page of a google search, so..............

Buzz Kill...would make a good name for a Rapper (and there probably is already one somewhere out there)!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 15, 2017 20:17

DandelionPowderman
When people call me a five year old for enjoying this Stones tour, it has nothing to do with «different opinions», of course.

As long as two parties present their views and bother to explain them, it's a discussion - and that's what IORR very much is about.

But what's been going on here since the tour opening is not merely an exchange of different opinions - but trolling. I can only speak for myself, but that's what I get offended by: No explaining, strategically placed bashing in threads where people share their experiences. Starting multiple threads with the same message: «The Stones suck, and you're idiots for buying their sham».

It's possible that you who claim this is a valid «different view», and that if those voices will not be heard it will be cheerleader heaven here, haven't read everything, though.

Campaigning, anyone? What do the IORR rules say about that?
DP, you have the RIGHT to enjoy what you like and nobody can tell you otherwise .Time is short in life because we just never know okay somebody played a bum note .So what I have played my share and so has the next person .but and a big but if you or anyone else enjoys something ,then nobody can tell you other wise .If my situation were different I.E. not being smashed up you betcha I would be across the pond Jumping for joy like I was Jack Flash .there is nothing like it on earth hearing the Glimmers firing away on that massive stage of there's doing there thing and the tickets cost a lot so what life is short .Do whatever makes you happy and have FUN .

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home