Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253
Current Page: 53 of 53
Re: Keith Richards guitar playing comments
Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: October 15, 2017 17:08

Rolling Stones without Keef?! Unthinkable!

But should he one day decide to retire, I'd still go see them with Mick Taylor! Or they could do like the Grateful Dead did on one of those tours after Jerry passed, go out as "The Stones".

I still firmly believe Keef will outlive us all! smileys with beer

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: October 15, 2017 18:47

I don't think Charlie would go out without Keith or vice versa - Mick and Ronnie maybe but it's all speculatiation and good to live the moment while the band still together !

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: October 15, 2017 19:21

I'm excited to see if Keith nails Sympathy for the Devil tonight. In Stockholm he played his solos really good without mistakes, but after his first solo he went to E major instead of B major as the rest of the band, hence it sounded like two different songs playing at once. I hope he can nail his solo AND hit B major tonight. smileys with beer

Date: October 15, 2017 20:40

Did Keith really strum a Emaj-chord instead of a B?

That's a pretty advanced mistake grinning smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 15, 2017 20:49

stonehearted
They could never replace Keith Richards -- he is an original founding member, only one of two that remain.

They could, however, replace Charlie. He's been there almost since the beginning, but he wasn't an original founding member, just as Bill Wyman wasn't.

So long as Mick and Keith perform publicly together, it's still the Rolling Stones, and they could still call it that.

That's ridiculous, saying Bill & Charlie aren't founding members. They weren't THE Rolling Stones until they cemented rock and roll's greatest rhythm section. The Beatles weren't the Beatles until they dumped Pete Best and got Ringo. As for the Who continuing after losing Keith, they shouldn't have. Kenny Jones was a listless replacement. It wasn't until they got Zak Starkey that they regained some of their former power. But once they lost Entwistle they really should have packed it in. They were embarrassing at the Super Bowl, and it's gone downhill since. Adding more people on stage hasn't helped.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: October 15, 2017 21:03

DandelionPowderman

Yes, as in E major meaning E. Don't know why I wrote E major instead of just E. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-15 21:04 by yeababyyea.

Date: October 15, 2017 21:39

yeababyyea
DandelionPowderman

Yes, as in E major meaning E. Don't know why I wrote E major instead of just E. smiling smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: October 15, 2017 23:01

24FPS
stonehearted
They could never replace Keith Richards -- he is an original founding member, only one of two that remain.

They could, however, replace Charlie. He's been there almost since the beginning, but he wasn't an original founding member, just as Bill Wyman wasn't.

So long as Mick and Keith perform publicly together, it's still the Rolling Stones, and they could still call it that.

That's ridiculous, saying Bill & Charlie aren't founding members. They weren't THE Rolling Stones until they cemented rock and roll's greatest rhythm section. The Beatles weren't the Beatles until they dumped Pete Best and got Ringo. As for the Who continuing after losing Keith, they shouldn't have. Kenny Jones was a listless replacement. It wasn't until they got Zak Starkey that they regained some of their former power. But once they lost Entwistle they really should have packed it in. They were embarrassing at the Super Bowl, and it's gone downhill since. Adding more people on stage hasn't helped.

imo:
right about stones and beatles.
terribly wrong about the who.
I´m so glad, they continuoed. I saw them in 2006 and 2016. Both times great, although I miss John very much. Better the two with zak than nothing

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 15, 2017 23:09

deardoctor
24FPS
stonehearted

imo:
I´m so glad, they continuoed. I saw them in 2006 and 2016. Both times great, although I miss John very much. Better the two with zak than nothing

Agree,deardoctor...saw The Who 2016 and it was a great show !

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: October 15, 2017 23:26

Zak is great and The Who are still a powerhouse, though in need of good new material, the same with The Stones.

Keith isn't going anywhere!

He still drives the band when he is into it.

New good material would rejuvinate them all.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 15, 2017 23:42

shortfatfanny
deardoctor
24FPS
stonehearted

imo:

Agree,deardoctor...saw The Who 2016 and it was a great show !

I saw them in 1979 and they were great.
Then in '82 - not so great (Clash opened and were much better).
Then again in 2006 - hate to say it was almost boring.
Then twice at Desert Trips last year - ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 16, 2017 21:33

Pete Townshend is still an amazing guitar player.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: October 17, 2017 19:53

Keith still rocks the house down.

Check this full length Hamburg video.

Sound and video is fantastic!

Use good headphones.

IORR even rocks super hard.

Hamburg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-17 19:54 by beachbreak.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 17, 2017 20:35

beachbreak
Keith still rocks the house down.

Check this full length Hamburg video.

Sound and video is fantastic!

Use good headphones.

IORR even rocks super hard.

Hamburg

Don't want to stamp on anyones toes if they had a great time in Hamburg (I'm sure some songs were good), but I couldn't watch that. Keith starting off his solos with out of key notes on both SFTD and IORR, thank god he has improved throughout the tour. Just by looking at the videos from Arnhem, I would say he's really back to his old self, I didn't notice any major mistakes at all (except the messed up Brown Sugar).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-17 20:40 by TheBlockbuster.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253
Current Page: 53 of 53

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home