Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253Next
Current Page: 48 of 53
Re: Keith Richards guitar playing comments
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 10, 2017 01:36

Yes by all means, let's delete interesting threads if they offer critical viewpoints. That should be the basis for discussion on this forum.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 10, 2017 01:55

The name of this thread is completely neutral...there's no reason to delete it, as either good or bad playing can be discussed.

Date: October 10, 2017 02:00

Keith played a solid Sympathy solo...had a real flow and rhythm to it, no clunkiness.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 10, 2017 02:46

keefriff99
MileHigh
keefriff99
His knowledge of Stones writing credits is about as reliable as the bullshit reactionary political talking points he ham-fistedly shoves into every @#$%& post of his.

lol, more LIES! Yes you got "pwned" on the other thread and I mentioned some stuff that's true that just fries your brain. The point is there is no reason to lie about Keith's situation, just like there is no reason to lie about what is taking place in society. And the motivation is altruistic, to improve our society for the benefit of all. That's a truth that is escaping you.
In no way did I get "pwned"...you posted a bunch of race-baiting nonsense and then the thread was closed. Take it to Breitbart and stop shoving your far-right politics into non-political threads.
Hey, you had ample opportunity to respond in the proper thread about serious issues raised and you said nothing and you got owned. You are the one that did the baiting in this thread and I responded to your attack on me. It's not a question about right or left politics, it's about doing what's correct regardless of politics. So steam on that and let's drop it. Since you started it in this thread I will end it in this thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-10 02:57 by MileHigh.

Date: October 10, 2017 02:55

I am sorry, you guys are right. I was mistaken this topic for the keith bashing topic, which is not relevant anymore.

Keith was A plus today.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 10, 2017 03:14

PaintMonkeyManBlack
I am sorry, you guys are right. I was mistaken this topic for the keith bashing topic, which is not relevant anymore.

Keith was A plus today.
That's great that Keith was good last night. However, your request to delete this topic was way out of line and the issue about Keith's competency remains an issue and is still relevant. After this tour is over I hope the group reviews their performances and starts having some serious discussions about where they are going in the future. Someone suggested that Keith lives in his own bubble and can get away with that because he is Keith. The reality is that Keith can't live in his own bubble all the time, he is a key player in an organization that goes way beyond just the other three members of the band. When the Rolling Stones are on tour, it's like they are a machine and hundreds of people are part of that machine. If one of the critical components in that machine, Keith, is not contributing properly then the machine risks collapsing like a house of cards. And none of us wants to see that. They spent big money on sound and staging yet again, and with a short tour they have to charge outrageous ticket prices to make the whole operation viable. All of these issues put real pressure on Keith to hold up his contribution to the machine and not live in his own bubble.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 10, 2017 03:25

MileHigh
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Keith was A plus today.
That's great that Keith was good last night. However, your request to delete this topic was way out of line and the issue about Keith's competency remains an issue and is still relevant. After this tour is over I hope the group reviews their performances and starts having some serious discussions about where they are going in the future. Someone suggested that Keith lives in his own bubble and can get away with that because he is Keith. The reality is that Keith can't live in his own bubble all the time, he is a key player in an organization that goes way beyond just the other three members of the band. When the Rolling Stones are on tour, it's like they are a machine and hundreds of people are part of that machine. If one of the critical components in that machine, Keith, is not contributing properly then the machine risks collapsing like a house of cards. And none of us wants to see that. They spent big money on sound and staging yet again, and with a short tour they have to charge outrageous ticket prices to make the whole operation viable. All of these issues put real pressure on Keith to hold up his contribution to the machine and not live in his own bubble.

The only shame with this tour is it will be ending way too soon.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 10, 2017 03:45

MileHigh
keefriff99
MileHigh
keefriff99
His knowledge of Stones writing credits is about as reliable as the bullshit reactionary political talking points he ham-fistedly shoves into every @#$%& post of his.

lol, more LIES! Yes you got "pwned" on the other thread and I mentioned some stuff that's true that just fries your brain. The point is there is no reason to lie about Keith's situation, just like there is no reason to lie about what is taking place in society. And the motivation is altruistic, to improve our society for the benefit of all. That's a truth that is escaping you.
In no way did I get "pwned"...you posted a bunch of race-baiting nonsense and then the thread was closed. Take it to Breitbart and stop shoving your far-right politics into non-political threads.
Hey, you had ample opportunity to respond in the proper thread about serious issues raised and you said nothing and you got owned. You are the one that did the baiting in this thread and I responded to your attack on me. It's not a question about right or left politics, it's about doing what's correct regardless of politics. So steam on that and let's drop it. Since you started it in this thread I will end it in this thread.

Not taking sides and don't want to sound like a dick lol, but for the sake of this thread and in honor of the great Keith Richards, can you please keep the politics away from this particular topic?
No point in dragging in old arguments from an old thread that was closed due to politics - this thread is about Keith and the state of his guitar playing. Why jeopardize it?

Cheers.

I'm curious to know how Keith played earlier - specifically Bitch and Get Off of My Cloud which haven't been played yet this tour. If the theory is true that he needs a lot of practice and rehearsal time on specific tunes to make them work, then it might have been a problem and those two tunes might have suffered. On the other hand, if he played it as good as ever, then it goes to show Keith doesn't really need to practice or spend much time in rehearsals. I missed them on the live feeds earlier, and haven't had time to search them out on youtube yet, so I have no comment on them for the time being. I guess the verdict will all depend on who you ask...some will think his playing was absolutely great, while others might here a few mishaps and some clunkiness...

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: October 10, 2017 03:49

Hairball, pay the Düsseldorf thread a visit. Bitch and GOOMC were already posted on YouTube. And Keith played great!

Re: I am not Not negative just objective Keith can barely play guitar
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: October 10, 2017 03:50

I love to go to Stones concerts. Like most musicians playing live, mistakes will sometimes happen, For that reason, I listen mostly to studio versions, where everything is made perfect in the recording studio.

Date: October 10, 2017 04:08

MonkeyMan2000
Hairball, pay the Düsseldorf thread a visit. Bitch and GOOMC were already posted on YouTube. And Keith played great!

Thank you will do! thumbs up

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 10, 2017 10:33

Hairball
MonkeyMan2000

BITCH

I think you will like it Hairball, Keith is really into it. smoking smiley

Ronnie even puts his arm around Keith at the end, i like to think he was congratulating Keith. Those two seem closer than ever lately, Ronnie seems to be so supportive of Keith, always encouraging him, never rolling his eyes as if to say OMG.
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-10 12:57 by stone4ever.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 10, 2017 11:56

MileHigh
Two links say this: Songwriters: RICHARD LOWE, CHARLES ST JOHN WADDINGTON, DANIEL JAMES BIERTON, DANIEL HENRY BARTON WALDREN, SAM RICHARDS, SIMON MARK DAWSON, JAMES ROBERT ORRELL

But other links say: Jagger-Richards so I guess it's a lie. Just like Jagger-Richards lied about writing Prodigal Son, right?

And to further cloud this issue of Lies.. Apple Music credits the writers as:

Allison and Catherine Pierce and Roger Greenawalt!

Rod

Date: October 10, 2017 11:58

Thanks to detective Dijon, the case is now closed, concerning RICHARD LOWE, CHARLES ST JOHN WADDINGTON, DANIEL JAMES BIERTON, DANIEL HENRY BARTON WALDREN, SAM RICHARDS, SIMON MARK DAWSON, JAMES ROBERT ORRELL and «Lies»:

[itunes.apple.com]

Date: October 10, 2017 11:59

If that song inspired the SG-track in any way, I'll eat my guitar live on Facebook smoking smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 10, 2017 12:29

Hairball
MileHigh
keefriff99
MileHigh
keefriff99

Not taking sides and don't want to sound like a dick lol, but for the sake of this thread and in honor of the great Keith Richards, can you please keep the politics away from this particular topic?
No point in dragging in old arguments from an old thread that was closed due to politics - this thread is about Keith and the state of his guitar playing. Why jeopardize it?

Cheers.

I'm curious to know how Keith played earlier - specifically Bitch and Get Off of My Cloud which haven't been played yet this tour. If the theory is true that he needs a lot of practice and rehearsal time on specific tunes to make them work, then it might have been a problem and those two tunes might have suffered. On the other hand, if he played it as good as ever, then it goes to show Keith doesn't really need to practice or spend much time in rehearsals. I missed them on the live feeds earlier, and haven't had time to search them out on youtube yet, so I have no comment on them for the time being. I guess the verdict will all depend on who you ask...some will think his playing was absolutely great, while others might here a few mishaps and some clunkiness...

Keith was awesome and kicked my ass last night. And he would kick yours if you were there.

Date: October 10, 2017 13:36

Keith's really coming to life now.

SFM Last night Dusseldorf

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: October 10, 2017 13:45

Keith was excellent last night from the youtube videos I saw. There are only 5 shows left, maybe the last 5 ever (hope not), so I'm atleast gonna enjoy this time instead of trying to find things to be unhappy about.

Date: October 10, 2017 15:35

Great version of Bitch...some really solid lead breaks from Keith.

And SFM was ferocious (a few bum chords aside). I really love his rhythm tone but I wish his lead tone wasn't so dry and cutting. As others have mentioned, some delay and reverb would sandpaper some of the edges off when he hits bum notes.

Date: October 10, 2017 15:38

Man, the ending of SFM was GREAT. Nothing better than Keith slashing away on his guitar...even Mick looked thrilled.

Date: October 10, 2017 15:58

keefriff99
Man, the ending of SFM was GREAT. Nothing better than Keith slashing away on his guitar...even Mick looked thrilled.

I love Mick at the end of this song, he puts his hands over his face in a child like way, he seemed genuinely bashful and thrilled with the outcome of SFM, almost euphoric.

A very rare and beautiful moment from Mick. A little glimpse of the Mick that was.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 10, 2017 16:11

Yes, good version.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: October 10, 2017 16:17

I just want to say thanks for the updates. Nice to wake up on my day off to some good news. It's helpful to have threads like this one as a Keith and a Rolling Stones fan. From my perspective, all comments are welcome as it helps me get an idea about how things really are. This applies to all news. If only the tour was longer; hopefully they will get some studio time immediately after the tour when they are really getting warmed up.

Date: October 10, 2017 18:29

stone4ever
Hairball
MonkeyMan2000

BITCH

Ronnie even puts his arm around Keith at the end, i like to think he was congratulating Keith. Those two seem closer than ever lately, Ronnie seems to be so supportive of Keith, always encouraging him, never rolling his eyes as if to say OMG.
[www.youtube.com]

Yes I watched and commented in the show thread - I thought it was very pleasant and Keith was in focus!

Has there ever been a time where Ronnie rolls his eyes at Keith? NEVER! I can see Mick possibly doing so, but even he has some restraint.
They're a team still, and teammates should never publicly show disdain or disgust for a fellow teammate as it's in bad taste.

Date: October 10, 2017 18:37

Ronnie is the last person on Earth who should EVER roll their eyes at anyone. Keith carried him for entire tours.

Date: October 10, 2017 19:42

Hairball
stone4ever
Hairball
MonkeyMan2000

BITCH

[www.youtube.com]

Yes I watched and commented in the show thread - I thought it was very pleasant and Keith was in focus!

Has there ever been a time where Ronnie rolls his eyes at Keith? NEVER! I can see Mick possibly doing so, but even he has some restraint.
They're a team still, and teammates should never publicly show disdain or disgust for a fellow teammate as it's in bad taste.

Not only that but i have never seen Ronnie even frown at Keith, Ronnie is a true friend to Keith just as Keith is to Ronnie.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 10, 2017 20:12

I think Keith lacked self-confidence at the beginning of the Tour. I don't find other explanation of this very laborious Tour begining.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: October 10, 2017 20:34

keefriff99
Ronnie is the last person on Earth who should EVER roll their eyes at anyone. Keith carried him for entire tours.

And he tried to strangle him. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-10 20:38 by Redhotcarpet.

Date: October 10, 2017 20:38

stone4ever
keefriff99

I love Mick at the end of this song, he puts his hands over his face in a child like way, he seemed genuinely bashful and thrilled with the outcome of SFM, almost euphoric.

A very rare and beautiful moment from Mick. A little glimpse of the Mick that was.

A good version but I m not sure mick reacted that way because of the song, looked like they didnt know when to stop. grinning smiley

Date: October 10, 2017 20:40

Hard to believe Mick isnt 30. Forever young. smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253Next
Current Page: 48 of 53

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1908
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home