Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: band looking old.
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 14, 2017 12:31

Mick has definitely lost hair and probably slowly over the years. It's visible. And no it doesnt matter at all but I guess Mick is the only one who really needs to be able to sport some sort of longer pop idol hair to be "Jagger".

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: September 14, 2017 12:43

I think I read somewhere that Mick was really anti any kind of cosmetic surgery for the sake of it - like it was a matter of principal for him. Any truth here? Certainly physically I truly hope I'm half as fit as him when I hit 74! I can do without the 8 kids

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 14, 2017 12:54

stonehearted
schwonek
So glad they don't interfere with age like Mr. McCartney.

On the contrary: [www.showbiz411.com]

Well, I guess I meant cosmetic treatment.

Posted by: jonnylamar ()
Date: September 14, 2017 12:57

Jagger does not wear a wig

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 14, 2017 13:06

gotdablouse
keefriff99
Hair dye? Does that even need to be discussed? OF COURSE Mick and Ronnie dye their hair. That isn't even up for a debate.

Obviously but until rather recently (2007 ?) Ronnie insisted in interviews that he DID NOT dye his hair because he was a water gipsy, etc...wonder what happened since, maybe he's off the good stuff and sees how ridiculous that statement sounded ;-)

As for his looks, well yes, it's hard to believe that they would have removed one of his lobes and not given him any adjuvant chemotherapy treatment, but more power to him for what he does, rock on !

Ronnie didn't have Chemotherapy, the cancer didn't spread far enough for him to need it. It got caught early when he had a pre tour medical. He said this himself, i believe it to be true. I don't think Ronnie would have recovered in time for this tour had he had chemo. Chemo is for when cancer has spread to other places. Radiotherapy treatment would have been used on a small area, that would be more likely but he says not. I think the whole lobe was removed and so neither would have been needed. Ronnie is good to go. I think his gaunt look might be his Rock and Roll lifestyle catching up with him. He is 70 after all. I hope i look as youthful as him if i get to make it to 70.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 13:16

Group of 4 normal human beings in "being over 70 years old and looking older" shock. What exactly do people expect?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 14, 2017 13:32

All this rubbish talk about their age / about them looking old.

Here are guys of the same age, born 1943/1944. That´s what average
74 year olds look like (normally). grinning smiley

Now compare and just realize that the Stones are blessed.
They could be fat, handicapped or already dead.

They are for sure the coolest bunch at their age.

Posted by: Exile ()
Date: September 14, 2017 13:36

Would love to see the pictures of the critical "fans" from here. Gotta a feeling there would some frightful sights in that bunch.

On the 7th day God created the Rolling Stones

Date: September 14, 2017 13:39

Exile
Would love to see the pictures of the critical "fans" from here. Gotta a feeling there would some frightful sights in that bunch.

grinning smiley

They won't ever show their faces or their comprehensive guitar skills. Nor will they ever admit that there is even one positive thing associated with the Rolling Stones. At least not in public..

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 14, 2017 13:39

Would love to see the pictures of the critical "fans" from here.

YEAH !!! ... that'd be funny ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 14, 2017 13:42

Exile

+1 thumbs up
They are probably the biggest old farts of us all.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: September 14, 2017 13:43

Ronnie deserves to live forever. They all do, actually.

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 14:01

IORRians lately:

"I'll be right there in your mirror
When you get old
And we all get old"

They all still look fantastic, imo.

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 14, 2017 14:23

exhpart
I think I read somewhere that Mick was really anti any kind of cosmetic surgery for the sake of it - like it was a matter of principal for him. Any truth here? Certainly physically I truly hope I'm half as fit as him when I hit 74! I can do without the 8 kids

I can't see any difference really in cosmetic surgery (or the non surgical type eg botox). dieing your hair or wearing hats to hide receding hairlines, or wearing a wig.
These days of course no one from the media would ever put these questions to Mick.
And, if asked, Keith would just chortle...and cough.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 14, 2017 14:39

i think what they're attempting to accomplish with these mini tours at their age is very commendable...but the photos are indicating a shift not seen before...they do seem older...they've been through some health scares lately, and I think its starting to show...maybe they need to scale these mega shows down...do more club gigs and more shows in the same city...just a thought....not sure criticizing or belittling people's reaction to this development is fair....maybe the way its being expressed...

Date: September 14, 2017 15:44

Exile

Dont get your hopes up. I know I look really good but yes we all will get older. And looks are not that important. But your theory is hereby proven wrong.

Date: September 14, 2017 15:47

Redhotcarpet
Exile

Dont get your hopes up. I know I look really good but yes we all will get older. And looks are not that important. But your theory is hereby proven wrong.

Prove that smoking smiley

Date: September 14, 2017 15:48

Haha, Im too shy!

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 15:51

TooTough

Wow. I hadn't realized there were so many guys in Pink Floyd.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 15:54

Exile

Isn't this roughly equivalent to saying "you can't comment on the band unless you're in a band or play an instrument"?

Of course they look better than most of us. They're public figures in the entertainment field and their 'looks' are valid topics of conversation. For the record, I think the discussion of their physical appearances is pretty shallow ... I simply made the remark earlier that only Ronnie seemed to have changed much to me this time around.

Date: September 14, 2017 16:03

LongBeachArena72
Exile

Isn't this roughly equivalent to saying "you can't comment on the band unless you're in a band or play an instrument"?

Of course they look better than most of us. They're public figures in the entertainment field and their 'looks' are valid topics of conversation. For the record, I think the discussion of their physical appearances is pretty shallow ... I simply made the remark earlier that only Ronnie seemed to have changed much to me this time around.

There is a difference between you saying you don't like something, with an explanation, and you giving me a tutorial lesson Keith's use of maj7-chords through the years.

Many novices do the latter, though.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: September 14, 2017 16:11

LongBeachArena72
TooTough

grinning smiley

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: September 14, 2017 16:14

drbryant
From4tilLate
35love
Ya ever think THEY look out at the crowd and think:
OMG, these @#$%& are OLD. WTF.

A friend of mine spent time with Mick after a show in Nashville a few years ago and said Mick was very depressed. My friend asked him what was the matter and he said, "They're so old. The audience. They're so old."

There's an obvious solution to the problem. Don't charge $1500+ to be in the front. In Europe in 2014, there were lots of young people near the front of the stage because the "golden circle" was large (around the front 1/3 of the field) and tickets affordable. I was in Stockholm and Paris and there were large groups of young (very young) guys, and couples as well.

Besides, your friend's story sounds apocryphal, like a bad movie script. Are you sure you believe it?
Perhaps he/she has an overactive imagination.

My source is a Nashville music business attorney with an impeccable reputation. And, with all the gossip and funny stories going around town, there's no need to make things up. He wouldn't have said it if it didn't happen.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 14, 2017 16:15

LongBeachArena72
hopkins
I'm 66 and pretty dynamic; strong handsome; have the strength of a dozen men

At the other end of the spectrum, I'm 62, enfeebled by caring for toddlers, and possess the strength of roughly 2/3 of a man.

me too; it's all a front; cept the little poopbomb factories are chasing after their own little annoying, squealing piglets...and i'm four years older....

....alls i can say dude, those precious angels are indeed a gracious gift but don't worry too much if you eat the last cracker in the box cause it's not like they gonna call after you spring for the iphone. or the tablet; or you're needing a call to see when you're gonna get to ever see again the clothes they stole out of your closet, and laugh about it to your face when you ask for them back. Nope not bitter; just sayin'...let 'em holler a little they gonna get u back anyway...

Date: September 14, 2017 16:18

Ron looks very drawn to me; I don't want to start stupid rumors or maudlin ones; and I guess it's not that nice to say, I've looked like death warmed over on many an occasion; but he looks really severely drawn to me; unless it was some cosmetic surgery or something; I couldn't help but notice he seems to look very drawn out; maybe it's the babies or whatever whatever i don't have a clue but he doesn't look really well to me.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 14, 2017 16:32

hopkins
Ron looks very drawn to me; I don't want to start stupid rumors or maudlin ones; and I guess it's not that nice to say, I've looked like death warmed over on many an occasion; but he looks really severely drawn to me; unless it was some cosmetic surgery or something; I couldn't help but notice he seems to look very drawn out; maybe it's the babies or whatever whatever i don't have a clue but he doesn't look really well to me.

probably a combination of all that and recent major surgery..

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 14, 2017 16:34

LongBeachArena72
TooTough

No. This is Pink Floyd plus the "critical fans".

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: September 14, 2017 16:39

and at the Beacon, while I was in the upper deck with the true fans, the first few rows were full of models planted there to look good for the Scorsese film!

Date: September 14, 2017 17:00

Wild Slivovitz
LongBeachArena72
TooTough

grinning smiley
stop the press! Shut down the internet! We have a Winner

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 14, 2017 18:12

By rights, the Stones should all look like those old guys in the picture posted recently. They are marvels of nature to look as good as they do. They are far from youth at this point. And if they really do keep playing until death, let's all accept that their looks are only going to get worse. If they can still play is what matters. I think they still have some mileage left if they keep taking care of themselves. I just wish Keith would actually care about the fans enough to practice a little other than onstage. Those simple pentatonic licks need some polish given most recent SFTD solos. smiling smiley

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1787
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home