Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: band looking old.
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 14, 2017 01:36

GasLightStreet
Hairball
stone4ever
Hairball
Of course the band is looking old, but Mick and Ronnie always have brand new hair.

Seriously !! you are suggesting they have wigs. Absolutely no way on earth.
Show me a point in time through their life when they had less hair.
Mick is the most photographed man in the world, and i can't remember him ever showing hair loss. Ronnie even more so, he's got the water gypsy thick black hair, he said it himself. He's father and brothers were bald though.confused smiley Err wait a minute Hairball do you know something i don't winking smiley

Sure they dye their hair though.

There was an insider who used to post on shidoobee back in the day who was adamant that Mick has hair transplants.
He ruffled feathers left and right amongst the Mick defenders with his statement, but stuck by his word until the end.

The end of what? I don't understand.

Mick doesn't wear a wig nor does he have plugs/transplants - when the wind hits him, it's obvious. AND - don't you think Keith would've made fun of him?

BOOM. It's obvious.

Until the end...of the thread maybe.
Haven't posted there in years, but recall the anxiety it caused some, while others found the whole subject humorous.

As for what you believe that's fine as Im not into debating it, and as I said in my post (the part which you edited out), "I don't know if it's absolutely true or not".

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 14, 2017 01:37

Send It To me
From4tilLate
35love
Ya ever think THEY look out at the crowd and think:
OMG, these @#$%& are OLD. WTF.

A friend of mine spent time with Mick after a show in Nashville a few years ago and said Mick was very depressed. My friend asked him what was the matter and he said, "They're so old. The audience. They're so old."

this varies from show to show. I remember during A Bigger Bang, I went to the Atlanta show and there were hot girls everywhere in revealing outfits, lots of young(er) people. A few months later in St. Louis, the crowd looked like there were there for a matinee Tony Bennett show.

It only gets warm in St Louis for about 3 weeks. In Atlanta it's warm for 3 months.

That's probably the obvious reason why such a difference with the crowds.

Date: September 14, 2017 01:41

Send It To me
From4tilLate
35love

A friend of mine spent time with Mick after a show in Nashville a few years ago and said Mick was very depressed. My friend asked him what was the matter and he said, "They're so old. The audience. They're so old."

this varies from show to show. I remember during A Bigger Bang, I went to the Atlanta show and there were hot girls everywhere in revealing outfits, lots of young(er) people. A few months later in St. Louis, the crowd looked like there were there for a matinee Tony Bennett show.

This could help explain why Mick hired young models to fill the front rows of the Shine A Light shows to be filmed.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 14, 2017 02:17

buttons67
just browsing through the latest photos of the stones in concert i noticed a significant difference in appearance from previous tours, i know they are not getting any younger and that some will say they have always looked old, but it was a bit of a shock.i just wonder how long they can keep this going.

any thoughts

Mick, Ronnie and Charlie look pretty damn good for guys aged 70-76. Keith looks much older than those three but he's abused himself more.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 14, 2017 02:25

Send It To me
They've looked a bit weathered since Voodoo Lounge-everybody ages, they seem to be taking care of themselves. Is this worth a thread?[/quote

Since VL? Hell, I remember one reporter claiming (somewhat correctly) that the 1981 Tour was where they - Keith in particular - started appearing to decompose before our eyes. For me, Mick and Keith both appeared to have aged noticeably between 1978 and 1981. My older brother said he thought they'd be playing in their 50s and that was hard to fathom at the time. Well, we all know how things progressed! To think of them playing in their 70s?! Most people didn't think Keith would live that long!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 02:42

Hairball
stone4ever
Hairball
Of course the band is looking old, but Mick and Ronnie always have brand new hair.

Seriously !! you are suggesting they have wigs. Absolutely no way on earth.
Show me a point in time through their life when they had less hair.
Mick is the most photographed man in the world, and i can't remember him ever showing hair loss. Ronnie even more so, he's got the water gypsy thick black hair, he said it himself. He's father and brothers were bald though.confused smiley Err wait a minute Hairball do you know something i don't winking smiley

Sure they dye their hair though.

There was an insider who used to post on shidoobee back in the day who was adamant that Mick has hair transplants.
He ruffled feathers left and right amongst the Mick defenders with his statement, but stuck by his word until the end.
I don't know if it's absolutely true or not, but have no reason to doubt the source - he was a good guy who attended dozens (maybe hundreds?)of Stones shows.

As for Ronnie, I'm not saying he has a wig or hair transplants, but it seems clear he dyes his hair...a nice jet black and he wears it well.
From the new pics, seems he just recently had it done prior to the tour, as there are older pics of him with nice streaks of grey.
Oh, please!

Hair dye? Does that even need to be discussed? OF COURSE Mick and Ronnie dye their hair. That isn't even up for a debate.

I do think that it's their real hair though. I used to think that maybe Ronnie wore a wig, but he's been combing it straight back as opposed to letting it flop over his forehead recently, and you can see a very real hairline at the forehead.

And as someone else said, Mick is one of the most photographed men in the world and there's never been even a hint of baldness in all these years...and again, he combed his hair back for that film, The Man from Elysian Fields, and the hairline looked very real.

Date: September 14, 2017 02:45

Send It To me
From4tilLate
35love

Mick has paid models to be in the front row and some of his solo shows, and you can tell there were models in the crowd for Shine a Light...I think that's terribly cheesy, but Mick obviously likes being around young women (who doesn't?)

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 14, 2017 03:02

It strikes me as odd anyone would discuss that men past 70 look old. Yes, one would expect it. They're Dorian Gray from the neck down. That's good enough for me.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 14, 2017 03:10

From4tilLate
35love

There's an obvious solution to the problem. Don't charge $1500+ to be in the front. In Europe in 2014, there were lots of young people near the front of the stage because the "golden circle" was large (around the front 1/3 of the field) and tickets affordable. I was in Stockholm and Paris and there were large groups of young (very young) guys, and couples as well.

Besides, your friend's story sounds apocryphal, like a bad movie script. Are you sure you believe it?
Perhaps he/she has an overactive imagination.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: September 14, 2017 03:42

All a bit negative this! Celebrate the fact we still have them out on the road, no need for highlighting presumed down sides. Where I live I know no one in their 70s who look anywhere near as good as ANY of them. None of it matters anyway, as long as they are happy and healthy.thumbs up

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 14, 2017 03:46

They are old but still can play. At least Ronnie has all of his real hair.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: September 14, 2017 03:48

we are all getting older

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 14, 2017 03:54

When you get older, it's either your face or your fanny. They are all skinny-assed men, god love em.

Date: September 14, 2017 04:29

keefriff99
Mick is one of the most photographed men in the world and there's never been even a hint of baldness in all these years...and again, he combed his hair back for that film, The Man from Elysian Fields, and the hairline looked very real.

Hollywood movie makeup experts easily can make a person go from bald to a full head of hair and vice versa. They even do it on SNL in between skits!

Having hair transplants shouldn't be seen as a negative anyways (if indeed Mick has them). An acquaintance of mine in College who was also in an up and coming somewhat semi-successful band was balding at the young age of 22, and tried everything until he ultimately invested in getting hair plug/transplants. It took several sessions where they tediously transplant splotches of real hair. He did it "undercover" during the summer months, and when he returned for the fall semester he looked like a brand new man - just like Mick!

Date: September 14, 2017 04:41

Hairball
keefriff99
Mick is one of the most photographed men in the world and there's never been even a hint of baldness in all these years...and again, he combed his hair back for that film, The Man from Elysian Fields, and the hairline looked very real.

Hollywood movie makeup experts easily can make a person go from bald to a full head of hair and vice versa. They even do it on SNL in between skits!

Having hair transplants shouldn't be seen as a negative anyways (if indeed Mick has them). An acquaintance of mine in College who was also in an up and coming somewhat semi-successful band was balding at the young age of 22, and tried everything until he ultimately invested in getting hair plug/transplants. It took several sessions where they tediously transplant splotches of real hair. He did it "undercover" during the summer months, and when he returned for the fall semester he looked like a brand new man - just like Mick!
I certainly don't view it as a negative, but it's usually quite noticeable, especially at the hairline. It just has this weird, unnatural texture and pattern to it, and Mick and Ronnie don't have it. Just my opinion though.

Date: September 14, 2017 04:56

keefriff99
Hairball
keefriff99

I certainly don't view it as a negative, but it's usually quite noticeable, especially at the hairline. It just has this weird, unnatural texture and pattern to it, and Mick and Ronnie don't have it. Just my opinion though.

Other than the Hollywood movie you mentioned, Micks hairline is never visible - he has a pile of hair strategically hanging over his forehead.

Here's a pic Micks younger brother Chris taken in 2014:

Not trying to prove a point, but I think he looks great and imagine Mick might look closer to this if he didn't dye his hair (and possibly have hair transplants).

Personally, I'll go the way Keith has recently gone and Charlie has always gone...100% natural, and while I'm not bald I do have some greying which has been there for years.
Then again, I'm not a front man of a Rock and Roll band who strives to look young in every way.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 05:15

Age hit ME when I turned 55!

On those youtube vids...Mick really seems to have escaped noticeably until 2014 when his face developed crinkles and his teeth...

Keith, to me, has had 2 eras of ageing - his 2003-2004 period was noticeable, as was 2011 (when his ears seemed to have grown exponentially!)

But they STILL both look way better than me and I am "only" 63!!!

Oh that I am still going strong like them when I hit my mid 70's!

Rod

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: September 14, 2017 05:17

35love

This is very, very good.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: September 14, 2017 06:25

I look old.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 06:28

What a silly post. Yes 2 do color. None wig. Oh my, yes they are getting old. And one day they will be gone. What are you lot going to complain about then? Enjoy them while you can. Or don't. But it's a bit rude that some of you keep pissing on other people's head.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 14, 2017 06:33

I'm 66 and pretty dynamic; strong handsome; have the strength of a dozen men actually but don't like to brag. Humlility is one my biggest things as I mature. I don't like young people and I despise middle-aged people; well not despise each and every one; but at least do mildy hate them all. Minimally. As for old people
well, truth is they are pretty much cooekd and done; apt to smell funny if you give them half a chance; the really old ones are scairt all tha time cuz you know.....dancing with mr. d starts not to sound so groovy...everyone they know talks about the good old days when they could eat stuff w tooth and chunks of diseased flesh weren't falling off hahhaa guess they get old they forget the good 'humor' man hahaa. gimme the creeps those oldies; 'what you say what you say excuse me, could you say that again please excuse me' really i'm supposed to learn sign language?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 14, 2017 07:21

Well there is only one alternative to growing old and that option is not good.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: September 14, 2017 07:38

the first show of The Rollin' Stones was at the Marque on july 12, 1962 (line up: Mick Jagger (voc)/Keith Richards (gtr)/Brain Jones (gtr)/Ian Steward (p)/Dick Taylor (bass)/Tony Chapman (dr)... its some time ago..
Reel to Reel recordings of Little Boy Blue and the Blue Boys from 1961 even excist...

Happy they're still on the road and many of us can still see them smiling smiley

[www.nzentgraf.de]

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-14 07:42 by MononoM.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 08:58

hopkins
I'm 66 and pretty dynamic; strong handsome; have the strength of a dozen men

At the other end of the spectrum, I'm 62, enfeebled by caring for toddlers, and possess the strength of roughly 2/3 of a man.

Date: September 14, 2017 10:44

LongBeachArena72
hopkins
I'm 66 and pretty dynamic; strong handsome; have the strength of a dozen men

At the other end of the spectrum, I'm 62, enfeebled by caring for toddlers, and possess the strength of roughly 2/3 of a man.

grinning smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 14, 2017 10:48

buttons67
just browsing through the latest photos of the stones in concert i noticed a significant difference in appearance from previous tours, i know they are not getting any younger and that some will say they have always looked old, but it was a bit of a shock.i just wonder how long they can keep this going.

any thoughts

4K baby - it's the digital age. The four screens are just very bright and crystal clear. They look the same but the equipment is getting better to see their age. So glad they don't interfere with age like Mr. McCartney.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 14, 2017 10:59

schwonek
So glad they don't interfere with age like Mr. McCartney.

On the contrary: [www.showbiz411.com]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 14, 2017 11:27

I thought both Mick and Keith both employed full time, make - up artists when on tour.
Are they getting value for money?!

Date: September 14, 2017 11:32

jlowe
I thought both Mick and Keith both employed full time, make - up artists when on tour.
Are they getting value for money?!

They can try a night without anything, and then we can be the judges of that smiling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 14, 2017 12:30

keefriff99
Hair dye? Does that even need to be discussed? OF COURSE Mick and Ronnie dye their hair. That isn't even up for a debate.

Obviously but until rather recently (2007 ?) Ronnie insisted in interviews that he DID NOT dye his hair because he was a water gipsy, etc...wonder what happened since, maybe he's off the good stuff and sees how ridiculous that statement sounded ;-)

As for his looks, well yes, it's hard to believe that they would have removed one of his lobes and not given him any adjuvant chemotherapy treatment, but more power to him for what he does, rock on !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1424
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home