Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
No Filter Pit Questions
Posted by: Boarder ()
Date: September 13, 2017 09:37

Hi all,

I have a few questions regarding the No Filter Pit:

I have a No Filter Ticket for Zurich. All No Filter Tickets I have seen indicate that the entrance is on Keith’ side. How do I get to Ronnie’s side in the Pit? Shouldn’t there be entrances on both sides?

Is it possible to leave the Pit during the show and to get back again?

On pictures from the Munich show I saw that all people in the Pit were gathered near the catwalk. There was plenty of free space directly in front of the stage (at least on Ronnie’s side, but I think also on Keith’ side). What was the reason for this? Would it have been permitted to stand there as well?

Thanks to all the experts.
Boarder

Re: No Filter Pit Questions
Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: September 13, 2017 10:34

Boarder
Hi all,

I have a No Filter Ticket for Zurich. All No Filter Tickets I have seen indicate that the entrance is on Keith’ side. How do I get to Ronnie’s side in the Pit? Shouldn’t there be entrances on both sides?

On pictures from the Munich show I saw that all people in the Pit were gathered near the catwalk. There was plenty of free space directly in front of the stage (at least on Ronnie’s side, but I think also on Keith’ side). What was the reason for this? Would it have been permitted to stand there as well?

Boarder

Good questions, I'm also interested (I have Pit in Arnhem). Another thing: how many people do you think go in the Pit? Are we talking about a few hundred, maybe thousand? Thanks!

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: September 13, 2017 11:06

Hi all,

There is entrance on both sides. There's also a passage under the catwalk in the place where catwalk touches the main stage (I'm not sure if that passage can be used during the concert though but before the concert it can)

Yes, people go get beer to go to the toilet

The front rail is rather far from the main stage. Also the stage is pretty high. The space you mentioned is the space between the front rail and the stage and people can't access it. Even if they could it might be impossible to Charlie from there.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: September 13, 2017 11:13

Hey, I did the pit in Hamburg and Munich...

There is a tunnel under the stage that connects both sides of the pit - enter whichever side is possible and then you can go through the tunnel to which ever side you want - try both - but beware the tunnel shuts after the support band finish so pick a side before then.

You will get a wristband when you enter - you can the come and go as you please by showing your wristband for re-entry.

I think where people stood was just personal preference - I guess being near the catwalk (which Mick uses a lot) you are quite central but you can pretty much go anywhere in the pit area.

The atmosphere is better near the catwalk because more people are there and you are closer to the band however because the catwalk is quite high you can't see the other side of the stage (e.g. if you are on Keiths side and you are right up against the catwalk you won't be able to see Ronnie unless he comes over to that side).

The advantage of being further back is you can see the whole stage and you get more room to yourself but maybe you lose a little of the atmosphere because you are not 'in the thick of it' with other fans.

Either way you will have a great time - hope that helps.

Date: September 13, 2017 11:14

Adams
Hi all,

There is entrance on both sides. There's also a passage under the catwalk in the place where catwalk touches the main stage (I'm not sure if that passage can be used during the concert though but before the concert it can)

The front rail is rather far from the main stage. Also the stage is pretty high. The space you mentioned is the space between the front rail and the stage and people can't access it. Even if they could it might be impossible to Charlie from there.

[instagram.fpoa8-1.fna.fbcdn.net]

Thanks!

I was actually thinking of the area you can see on the picture linked above (it's from the Munich thread). Where you can see the guy with the red jacket and a few other people. This looks like behind the rails to me and should therefore be accessible?

Date: September 13, 2017 11:16

GJB
Hey, I did the pit in Hamburg and Munich...

There is a tunnel under the stage that connects both sides of the pit - enter whichever side is possible and then you can go through the tunnel to which ever side you want - try both - but beware the tunnel shuts after the support band finish so pick a side before then.

You will get a wristband when you enter - you can the come and go as you please by showing your wristband for re-entry.

I think where people stood was just personal preference - I guess being near the catwalk (which Mick uses a lot) you are quite central but you can pretty much go anywhere in the pit area.

The atmosphere is better near the catwalk because more people are there and you are closer to the band however because the catwalk is quite high you can't see the other side of the stage (e.g. if you are on Keiths side and you are right up against the catwalk you won't be able to see Ronnie unless he comes over to that side).

The advantage of being further back is you can see the whole stage and you get more room to yourself but maybe you lose a little of the atmosphere because you are not 'in the thick of it' with other fans.

Either way you will have a great time - hope that helps.

Thanks also to you! My personal preference is to be close, but to also have some space around me. Anyway, I am really looking forward to this experience!

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: September 13, 2017 11:24

Boarder
Adams
Hi all,

Thanks!

I was actually thinking of the area you can see on the picture linked above (it's from the Munich thread). Where you can see the guy with the red jacket and a few other people. This looks like behind the rails to me and should therefore be accessible?

Yes - I think this is accessible. When Mick or Keith walked out to the ends of the stage a group of us in the pit followed them into this area and got photos - I think its just because most of the action takes place front and centre so most people gather there, but we were allowed to stand there when we chose to (as I say when the band went to the edges of the stage at one end) and it was fine.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 13, 2017 11:25

jackflash27
Another thing: how many people do you think go in the Pit? Are we talking about a few hundred, maybe thousand? Thanks!

250-300 on each side.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: September 13, 2017 11:27

Boarder
Adams
Hi all,

Thanks!

That space is the No Filter Pit entrance corridor. It's pretty wide indeed. I'm not sure if they would allow standing there as it would block traffic.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 13, 2017 11:28

erikjjf
jackflash27
Another thing: how many people do you think go in the Pit? Are we talking about a few hundred, maybe thousand? Thanks!

250-300 on each side.

Wondering if the pit size along with the capacity changes in relation to the size of the venue?

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: September 13, 2017 13:45

Thanks for clarifying many things.

But the aswers also raise more questions smiling smiley :

Is the stage for this tour higher than 2014?
The first two shows have had catwalks, I suppose most of the remaining have the square-pit. But will there be a problem to stand close to the stage when it comes to see Charlie?

And: I suppose Mick uses in-ear-monitors but do Keith and Ronnie? If you´re standing close to the catwalk: Is the sound bad when Keith or Ronnie is out on the catwalk (due to the monitors)?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-13 13:46 by Thommie.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 13, 2017 13:55

Thommie

The first two shows have had catwalks, I suppose most of the remaining have the square-pit. But will there be a problem to stand close to the stage when it comes to see Charlie?

And: I suppose Mick uses in-ear-monitors but do Keith and Ronnie? If you´re standing close to the catwalk: Is the sound bad when Keith or Ronnie is out on the catwalk (due to the monitors)?

Why do you suppose the remaining shows will have the square pit? I doubt that.

Date: September 13, 2017 14:07

hockenheim95
Thommie

Because I suppose there are fewer shows left with seatings on the pitch.

Date: September 13, 2017 14:13

Thommie
hockenheim95
Thommie

Because I suppose there are fewer shows left with seatings on the pitch.

Maybe that smaller locations have the square pit. On the other hand, it may also be that the square pit was just an early concept and that they decided later on - when tickets were already on sale - on the catwalk layout. Then all concerts would have the catwalk. We will see.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: September 13, 2017 15:21

seen the rehearsal pictures and the lining on the floor, I believe there will always be a central catwalk, and thus 2 sides to the pit.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 13, 2017 15:29

The Layout for Spielberg is now with catwalk. And there is no floor seating

Date: September 13, 2017 17:17

The square pit looks better for the audience in theory but I think a catwalk is more functional for the artist. A long way home to the stage when you are on the other side.
So... maybe we have to accept to catwalk version.

Date: September 13, 2017 19:02

hockenheim95
The Layout for Spielberg is now with catwalk. And there is no floor seating

I did a quick check: Apart from Spielberg, all layouts on the ticket selling sites still show the square pit (though I could not find certain layouts, like Lucca). So most likely they simply change the design of the pit at a time when tickets were already on sale. I understand the change. The square pit might have been more fun for the people standing there, but all in all I think the catwalk with this kind of b-stage end looks better.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: September 13, 2017 21:43

Hi everyone, I have a No Filter Pit for Spielberg and I would like to know if there is an entrance only for the Pit or you have to get in from GA and then head towards No filter Pit ?
Thanks

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 13, 2017 21:47

From where in the Pit can you see Charlie?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 13, 2017 21:51

TooTough

from nearly everywhere. Since the pit isn't very crowded you are able to move around

Posted by: lmc ()
Date: September 13, 2017 23:24

Quote Thommie:
"I suppose Mick uses in-ear-monitors but do Keith and Ronnie? If you´re standing close to the catwalk: Is the sound bad when Keith or Ronnie is out on the catwalk (due to the monitors)?"

In Hamburg they turned on the catwalk monitors as soon as Mick went out there (even a few meters). Sound not to bad though, nothing like standing next to the B-stage, when they used that.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: September 18, 2017 20:39

slewan
TooTough

from nearly everywhere. Since the pit isn't very crowded you are able to move around

In the reports from the Spielberg concert, I read that the PIT section was very crowded, heavily oversold and looked crammed. So, does this mean that the amount of PIT tickets sold, differs from concert to concert? Or has the PIT section not the same proportions?

Landgraaf 1995 - Amsterdam 1998 - The Hague 1998 - Landgraaf 1999 - Hockenheim 2003 - Utrecht 2003 - Amsterdam 2003 - Cologne 2006 - Nijmegen 2007 - Landgraaf 2014 - Dusseldorf 2014 - Arnhem 2017 - Marseille 2018 - Warsaw 2018 - Stockholm 2022 - Berlin 2022

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 19, 2017 01:39

lmc
Quote Thommie:
"I suppose Mick uses in-ear-monitors but do Keith and Ronnie? If you´re standing close to the catwalk: Is the sound bad when Keith or Ronnie is out on the catwalk (due to the monitors)?"

In Hamburg they turned on the catwalk monitors as soon as Mick went out there (even a few meters). Sound not to bad though, nothing like standing next to the B-stage, when they used that.

Really ? At HP 2013 and Paris 2014 they only turned on the catwalk monitors when Keith or Ronnie went there and it was pretty annoying as it became very echoey. Never when Mick used it, probably due to his use IEMs yes.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 19, 2017 08:32

is there a real difference between something called "VIP Pit" tickets and "pit" tickets?

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: September 19, 2017 10:51

swimtothemoon
is there a real difference between something called "VIP Pit" tickets and "pit" tickets?

In my experience in 2014 VIP Pit ticket holders got early entry and therefore were up at the rail. Ordinary pit ticket holders were let in soon after but couldn't get better than third or fourth row at the front. But whether or not that's the case this tour I couldn't say.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 19, 2017 10:58

rebelrebel
swimtothemoon

In my experience in 2014 VIP Pit ticket holders got early entry and therefore were up at the rail. Ordinary pit ticket holders were let in soon after but couldn't get better than third or fourth row at the front. But whether or not that's the case this tour I couldn't say.

I haven't heard of "VIP Pit tickets" on this tour. There are VIP packages, some of them including Pit tickets. Those packages include some merchendize, but I don't recall reading about any early entry. I don't think there is any early entry on this tour. I am not sure though.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 21, 2017 19:47

I will be doing the Pit twice on this tour, but since I haven't seen any show on this current tour so far, I have this question:

Is it better to be on Keith's or Ronnie's side of the Pit?

Since I am a huge Keith fan I have never thought about this and on the previous tours I have always been on Keith's side, but looking at the photos here on IORR it seems to me that most people here prefer Ronnie's side. So I started to think about it and it seems to me now, That Ronnie's side is the clear winner:

1. Keith spends a lot of time right in the middle in front of Charlie, when it doesn't matter on which side of the pit you are

2. Keith goes quite a lot to Ronnie, while Ronnie doesn't go to Keith's side much

3. From Ronnie's side one gets better view of Charlie because of the drum set configuration, for most of the people on the Keith's side he stays hidden behind his cymbal

4. I suspect there are usually less people on Ronnie's side.

5. Bv seems to be always on Ronnie's side (judging from his photos) and I guess he knows what he is doing smiling smiley

What are the thoughts of those who have done the Pit on this tour already? Are there any strong pros of the Keith's side? Any thoughts are wellcome. Thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-21 19:50 by Happy24.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 21, 2017 21:00

My ticket for Hamburg has No Filter Pit printed on it. Below that in small letters it says VIP Start Me Up package. Without opening old wounds I can assure you this has nothing to do with anything VIP other than the merchandise laminate in the red bag. All other comments above are correct to my experience. Have a nice gig.

Date: September 21, 2017 21:55

Happy24
I will be doing the Pit twice on this tour, but since I haven't seen any show on this current tour so far, I have this question:

Is it better to be on Keith's or Ronnie's side of the Pit?

Since I am a huge Keith fan I have never thought about this and on the previous tours I have always been on Keith's side, but looking at the photos here on IORR it seems to me that most people here prefer Ronnie's side. So I started to think about it and it seems to me now, That Ronnie's side is the clear winner:

1. Keith spends a lot of time right in the middle in front of Charlie, when it doesn't matter on which side of the pit you are

2. Keith goes quite a lot to Ronnie, while Ronnie doesn't go to Keith's side much

3. From Ronnie's side one gets better view of Charlie because of the drum set configuration, for most of the people on the Keith's side he stays hidden behind his cymbal

4. I suspect there are usually less people on Ronnie's side.

5. Bv seems to be always on Ronnie's side (judging from his photos) and I guess he knows what he is doing smiling smiley

What are the thoughts of those who have done the Pit on this tour already? Are there any strong pros of the Keith's side? Any thoughts are wellcome. Thanks

Nah, you just try to mislead us so you get more space on your own on Keith' side! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Honestly I'm not sure but I find some of your conclusions contradictive. But I'm curious too about what people say.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home