Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

End the gigs with Street Fighting man
Posted by: mattyman76 ()
Date: September 12, 2017 14:01

They need to end the shows with this for sure, surprise everyone with satisfaction in the middle part or something. It would be so cool if they did this, they could riff the shit out of it. They still need to mix up the second part of the show it too predicable now...Christ even jagger must know thois

Re: End the gigs with Street Fighting man
Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: September 12, 2017 14:03

and here we go again... they don't need to do anything...

sjouke

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 12, 2017 14:31

mattyman76
They need to end the shows with this for sure, surprise everyone with satisfaction in the middle part or something. It would be so cool if they did this, they could riff the shit out of it. They still need to mix up the second part of the show it too predicable now...Christ even jagger must know thois

Yes i think that would be a brilliant end to the show thumbs up

Especially as they played it as good as i have heard it in decades in Hamburg.

Good post, good idea smileys with beer

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 12, 2017 14:37

I'm just really, réally happy they FINALLY re-introduced it into their set... And I hope it stays there; whaterver spot they grant it.

They've been rehearsing it since 2012 (pre-O2), and it always sounded fantàstic - but they (almost?) néver played it actually in concerts, since then.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 12, 2017 14:38

I think we witnessed a pretty perfect set at Hamburg on Saturday.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: September 12, 2017 14:48

I'm glad they played dancing with mr. d

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 12, 2017 14:56

Silver Dagger
I think we witnessed a pretty perfect set at Hamburg on Saturday.

See that's the thing with this band, i thought it was the perfect set in Hamburg except for Miss You.
And then i read some of the comments from people that were actually at the gig and they said that it was a bit flat with the crowd until Miss You.
See this is the thing, Mick is a professional, he knows his audience, Jerks like me don't really have a clue what constitutes a great set list.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 12, 2017 18:18

The reaction to SFM was great in the Silver Pit. It was fine where it was in the set IMO . My only gripe was that they haven't payed tribute to Chuck Berry....they should

Sc uk

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 12, 2017 19:16

Why?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 12, 2017 19:25

Because he was a major early influence. They did tributes to Ray Charles and James Brown on ABB tour

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-12 19:47 by straycatuk.

Posted by: mattyman76 ()
Date: September 13, 2017 00:08

it would surprise everyone having satisfaction early on and ending with street fighting man !! loud riffing guitars lighting flashing show etc

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 13, 2017 00:34

mattyman76
it would surprise everyone having satisfaction early on and ending with street fighting man !! loud riffing guitars lighting flashing show etc

Satisfaction worked well when played in the No 4 or 5 spot in the Voodoo Lounge Tour and as the Show Opener for the 1st year of BtB.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 13, 2017 01:14

I second the motion that they should do a berry tune. Keith probably can't do the licks as good anymore, but there's plenty to choose from that'd suit them. Like Memphis Tennessee.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 13, 2017 01:23

I think something happen in the past between Chuck and the Stones that they didn't play any Berry songs for years.........maybe his son (0I can't recall his name) can shed a light on this.............

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 13, 2017 02:28

I don't believe it would be a grand idea to let the crowd out onto the streets with SFM re-playing in their heads. even old geezers. lol.
Why?
I as talking to an older friend who attended the 1965 Waldbühne concert in Berlin.
they walked across those wooden benches to get to the front of the stage, but those benches were so rotten, you just put your foot through them with no intention of destroying anything. It was held against them. they were accused and chased by the fuzz.. on the way out, everything got knocked down. this time with intention!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 13, 2017 07:40

NICOS
I think something happen in the past between Chuck and the Stones that they didn't play any Berry songs for years.........maybe his son (0I can't recall his name) can shed a light on this.............

I think this.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 13, 2017 07:51

I don't believe it would be a grand idea to let the crowd out onto the streets with SFM re-playing in their heads. even old geezers

Well in that case it would be way better for ALL geezers if they ended the show with CS Blues ....

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2008
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home