Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 26 of 27
Re: Munich Germany 12-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: September 15, 2017 00:31

What did Mick mean when he said something like: "I hope you'll behave better than the Pink Floyd fans"? What else did he say in German?
(sorry if this has been discussed already)

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 15, 2017 00:49

Good question, Promoman2.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 15, 2017 01:04

LB.
Keith Richards blowing a change in "Street Fighting Man" in 1973 because he is so possessed he has reached the limits of how ferociously a rhythm guitarist can drive a song is a 'mistake' that one barely registers in the glory of what the guitarist is doing.

Aww longbeach you are, oh i don't know , you just have this je ne sais quoi about you.

The way you described Keith's playing just now between 73' and 2017', the difference between poetry in motion and cringe, and the difference between those so called mistakes. I could never put it like that in a million years.

You know sometimes the written word can never encapsulate the vision and emotions that this band can bring to the heart and soul on a great night, but what you expressed earlier came pretty close.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 15, 2017 01:07

Fillmore
Yes, Hairball, well done thank you!
Only one thing was not translated in the correct sense by the google robots, which is the first word. "Wurst,…" does not refer to "sausage" or "Germans" or anything like that, but it is the Bavarian way of saying "Doesn´t matter", or "no problem" or "don´t bother". Munich is the Bavarian capitol. They (or "we") say: "ist mir Wurscht" for "I don´t care".

thanx for the attention
Cheers, Fillmore

Thanks for clearing that up Fillmore, but there are several more oddities that must have been lost in translation or translated wrong.

For instance:

"...the fist-busting half-marks ("Street Fighting Man" comes later), the women's flatulence ("Honky Tonk Women" also comes)"

Lol......I had no idea that's what Honky Tonk Women is really about!!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 15, 2017 01:23

mr_dja
LongBeachArena72
I would submit for general consideration the idea that there may be a difference between the mistakes engendered by the passion of youthful ferocity and the errors caused by age and decay.

There may be a difference in the cause of the mistakes but that is all.

If YOU have different levels of tolerance to and acceptance of the mistakes due to what you perceive to be the cause of the mistakes, that is on YOU.

Really, it's a sad commentary on society, and some of the people in it, to think that there are those who seem to think that a mistake made as a result of "the passion of youthful ferocity" should be viewed differently than those made as a result of "age and decay".

Peace,
Mr DJA

I think what LongBeach was saying is valid and see nothing wrong with it.
As an example, my Grandmother used to make the best meatloaf when I was a kid, but sometimes she would slightly screw it up by adding too many onions or varying the ingredients in search of an improvement in her passion for cooking. Not a big deal as it was always great and usually cooked to perfection. When she grew much older though (in her mid '70's) she still liked to make meatloaf at family gatherings, but rather than a small mistake such as too many onions, she would completely forget to add any in the first place. Or she forgot to blend the ingredients well. Several times she ended up overcooking it, and once she even burned the entire loaf itself! These were mistakes she would have never made when she was younger, and we all understood it was due to her age and forgetfulness. No matter though, we ate it and appreciated it for what it was - just like some people are forgiving towards Keith and the mistakes he's currently making.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 15, 2017 01:30

Promoman2
What did Mick mean when he said something like: "I hope you'll behave better than the Pink Floyd fans"? What else did he say in German?
(sorry if this has been discussed already)

55.ooo attended the PF show in the Stadtpark in 1989,
and others from outside were running down the fences to get in:

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 15, 2017 01:33

Promoman2
What else did he say in German?

"Hummel Hummel!" And the others have to answer "Mors Mors"
(what mostly didn´t happen in our part of the field)

"Anybody here from Bremen?" (there´s a rivalry between Hamburg and Bremen)
and
"From Pinneberg?" (a town on the outskirts of Hamburg / not very popular:-)

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: September 15, 2017 01:57

Roadster32
Boys and girls,
I am sick and tired of reading posts about Keith @#$%& up this and that. Yesterday Mick @#$%& up YCAGWYW by singing the same verse two times in a row. Nobody mentions this; why? Just to clarify the point: this is live music. Have you critics ever played an instrument? If you want perfection go and buy a cd but don't go to a live gig. Imperfection is part of the show. No musician is perfect. Even the studio recordings are corrected by softwaretools like pro toos or logic pro. The possibilties are countless. You are able to correct every single note to make it sound perfect. If the musician would be perfect players you would not need these tools. I prefer a certain imperfection at live shows. This makes the music lifely and human and not robotic.
Just my two cents to this topic.

I couldn't agree with you more. All this nitpicking over every single note Keith plays, or not plays, is getting to me too, give the man a break already! One of his dogs had just died early last week, maybe that affected him in Hamburg, who knows? Besides, have you looked at his hands lately? If you're looking for perfect playing all the time listen to the albums instead. Me personally, I'm just so happy they're still performing live at all at this point in their lives, Lord knows they don't need to anymore, and I enjoy every minute of it while it lasts, occasional wrong notes played, the same verse sung twice and all. One Love!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 15, 2017 02:17

Thru and Thru
Roadster32
Boys and girls,
I am sick and tired of reading posts about Keith @#$%& up this and that. Yesterday Mick @#$%& up YCAGWYW by singing the same verse two times in a row. Nobody mentions this; why? Just to clarify the point: this is live music. Have you critics ever played an instrument? If you want perfection go and buy a cd but don't go to a live gig. Imperfection is part of the show. No musician is perfect. Even the studio recordings are corrected by softwaretools like pro toos or logic pro. The possibilties are countless. You are able to correct every single note to make it sound perfect. If the musician would be perfect players you would not need these tools. I prefer a certain imperfection at live shows. This makes the music lifely and human and not robotic.
Just my two cents to this topic.

I couldn't agree with you more. All this nitpicking over every single note Keith plays, or not plays, is getting to me too, give the man a break already! One of his dogs had just died early last week, maybe that affected him in Hamburg, who knows? Besides, have you looked at his hands lately? If you're looking for perfect playing all the time listen to the albums instead. Me personally, I'm just so happy they're still performing live at all at this point in their lives, Lord knows they don't need to anymore, and I enjoy every minute of it while it lasts, occasional wrong notes played, the same verse sung twice and all. One Love!
thumbs up
Bad enough there's a couple threads for all the harsh criticism, but most annoying is it infiltrates every thread.
The Rolling Stones are still, and will be till they stop, The World's Greatest Rock & Roll Band. And more importantly, the worlds greatest live band. So thankful to them for keeping it rolling (for us) all these years.

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: September 15, 2017 03:21

It's interesting to read everyones thoughts about the Stones' performance because I am interested in every detail ... as long as someone doesn't say they're done with the Stones' because they're not good anymore. I first saw them in 1965 and am a die-hard fan. If I go to a Stones' concert, all I really care about is being in their presence. I'm thankful that they're still performing! It's not just a concert ... it's the Rolling Stones on stage!

Posted by: dj ()
Date: September 15, 2017 04:19

campxray
It's interesting to read everyones thoughts about the Stones' performance because I am interested in every detail ... as long as someone doesn't say they're done with the Stones' because they're not good anymore. I first saw them in 1965 and am a die-hard fan. If I go to a Stones' concert, all I really care about is being in their presence. I'm thankful that they're still performing! It's not just a concert ... it's the Rolling Stones on stage!

Love this. Excellent.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: September 15, 2017 08:30

dj
campxray

Love this. Excellent.

+1. Amen!

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: September 15, 2017 09:44

Hairball
Fillmore
Yes, Hairball, well done thank you!
Only one thing was not translated in the correct sense by the google robots, which is the first word. "Wurst,…" does not refer to "sausage" or "Germans" or anything like that, but it is the Bavarian way of saying "Doesn´t matter", or "no problem" or "don´t bother". Munich is the Bavarian capitol. They (or "we") say: "ist mir Wurscht" for "I don´t care".

thanx for the attention
Cheers, Fillmore

Thanks for clearing that up Fillmore, but there are several more oddities that must have been lost in translation or translated wrong.

For instance:

"...the fist-busting half-marks ("Street Fighting Man" comes later), the women's flatulence ("Honky Tonk Women" also comes)"

Lol......I had no idea that's what Honky Tonk Women is really about!!!

Ouch, you´re right!
Alright, I tried to un-google that translation and present you my version of that article from the Sueddeutsche Zeitung. Here we go:

Despite expensive tickets: the band around Mick Jagger and Keith Richards excites the fans in the Olympiastadion - for example Wolfgang Niedecken.

A concert of the Rolling Stones does not take two and a half hours in Munich, it is already on with its announcement months ago before: As a virus detects the city, which erupts with each visit of the world's largest rock'n'roll band, which has influenced this city. And - so wish the people in / from Munich - also a little bit the other way around. As in a fever, whoever was at a legendary concert becomes “important”, the highest trumps are the gigs at Circus Krone in 1965 or 2003. And one fables anecdotes together, everybody knows someone who has sat on Mick Jagger's lap somewhere.

This most wanted / best admired one experiences his return about the same way. With friends from here he goes to eat cake and go to the Italian restaurant and presents pictures of the walk in the English garden on the internet. “Yes, it is great to be back.” (in indirect speech). Quite as in the good old days. On stage as well, he keeps remembering loudly. He says he remembered well the recordings for the album "Black And Blue" here, and the ninth concert in this stadium is "an Olympic record", and "Servus, mitanand, Munich"(Bavarian for “hi, everybody”). This buddy-style contrasts with the fact that, in the red stagelight, he still “is” the devil in the wasp-yellow satin shirt, the trickster with words and the seducer with his hips and arms: "Sympathy For The Devil". Hach, and as everyone is equally eroticized creeping at the start. "Huh-huh!"

When he startles the crowds on his catwalk, with arms moving like the wings of a flying hummingbird, the restless man always makes efforts in Bavarian language, inorder to be liked - what he is anyway. His eternal rival Keith Richards, however, measured by his applause when he takes the solo spot, does the same simply by his mischievous clumsiness, which, with 73, is much more casual, more opulent. Now we are already in the middle of the game. The one everyone wants to marvel. But then the average prices of 250 euros were too expensive, and then people wrote on the Internet that one could make a one week holiday in Mallorca or go to a concert every month - for a year - , which is probably better than the Stones. The others replied, "I don´t care, it's the Stones."

One who pounces on the roofed grandstand at the first song belongs to the second group mentioned, as he has already done at quite a few concerts. "Of course, they are worth it." Only god knows how often we´ll be able to experience them, "says Wolfgang Niedecken (singer for the german band BAP), who has laid his pr-dates for the new record coordinated with the bands´ playing, which did not make him play music (these were the Beatles), but who "taught him how to deal with alleged authorities". Keith and Co. were always the true parents nightmares, the fist-busting half-marks ("Street Fighting Man", played later in the concert), the ladykillers ("Honky Tonk Women", played as well ), the nasty ones ("Brown Sugar" “da legst di nieda " (that knocks you off your feet in Bavarian language), Jagger will comment on the still smugly). Niedecken, who, with BAP, had supported the Stones two times in Cologne in 1982, is even more happy with the blues than with the classic hits. That´s where the way of the British rockers led back to on "Blue And Lonesome" 2016. Maybe because they did not make a real studio album. But that was good. Blues can as well be played genuinely by someone who looks like carved from a cracked wooden block. And in that edgy and roughly trimmed style, Richards and guitar clown Ron Wood shoot their licks towards each other. Not only in the blues covers of Jimmy Reed ("Ride 'Em Down") and Buddy Johnson ("Just Your Fool"), but also when the others celebrate a gospel-filled R'n'B –service with the help of the shell voice Sasha Allen and the saxophonist Tim Ries – like in "Miss You".

One could say that Richards had slight problems in his solo part - vocally and on the guitar. Keithologists, on the other hand, see their highlight in this version of "slipping away". Like Niedecken, who has tears in his eyes: "The old man who escapes life - that is his actual state." After a concert, Richards asked his admirer Niedecken once "among colleagues", what he had thought about this and that and what and how and why. On this evening in the Olympiastadion he has hardly anything to complain about. Niedecken just wonders that songs like "Happy", played a thousand times, end up in a "chord chaos" and even drummer Charlie Watts, bassplayer Darryl Jones and keyboarder and musical director Chuck Leavell cannot tame that bunch of eccentrics. "But it's going to be rock'n'roll." One could still say that Jagger is wearing a shirt from his own merchandise like a Thermomix party hostess who says "It's good, I use it myself." But this is also Rock'n'Roll. One could continue mocking by mentioning that Jagger wears a Stones shirt from the merchstand, like someone selling kitchenaid at parties: “look, it works. I use it myself!” But even that´s a part of the Rolling Stones: squeezing the lemon to the last drop of juice. Since this also applies to these four in their seventies themselves, this grandiose rebellion against death and the devil makes the Munichers hope that it was not the last.

Cheers, Fillmore

edit: still many mistakes, but now you can blame me smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-15 11:10 by Fillmore.

Date: September 15, 2017 09:54

Promoman2
What else did he say in German?

"Wir sind zum 9. Mal in diesem Stadion."

"Kennt ihr 'In München statt (steht) ein Hofbräuhaus?"

"Pack mer's" (This is not German but Bavarian smileys with beer)

Date: September 15, 2017 11:06

«Escaped life»? smiling smiley

Posted by: Flash1 ()
Date: September 15, 2017 11:35

Ich mag seine Glitzerschuhe. To Ronnies shoes.
And now Mr. "Holz" - to Ronnie Wood at the band introduction.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: September 15, 2017 12:34

just in time to start the travel journey to Spielberg, here is the video from Munich video: [youtu.be]

magine meeting your friends from all around the world, sitting in the Lucky Dip queue and all of us getting Pit tickets - incredibly crazy feeling which turned into the best birthday party.

my friend Andreea and I made a pact in 2006 to one day go see The Rolling Stones live somewhere. the next year the Stones arrived to Romania and that kicked off an exciting series of adventures and tours. This show was on her birthday so the feeling was even more special. I'm sure it's because of her and Roswitha why we were all so lucky.

Thanks for a wonderful time everyone smiling smiley

Spielberg Next!

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 15, 2017 13:31

Just seen your video on facebook Andreea and you beat me to posting it on IORR.

Great to hear that you all had such great luck with the Lucky Dip tix.

Miss you all but following all the gigs on IORR.

Enjoy the rest of your Tour. smileys with beer

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 15, 2017 13:39

crawdaddy
Just seen your video on facebook Andreea and you beat me to posting it on IORR.

Great to hear that you all had such great luck with the Lucky Dip tix.

Miss you all but following all the gigs on IORR.

Enjoy the rest of your Tour. smileys with beer

She makes a fine video does Andreea. She has the gift of taking her audience on her journey with her from the comfort of their armchairs. I'll watch them later. Barcelona next up for me. And like you Crawdaddy, she's enjoyed good fortune when Lucky Dipping smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-15 13:53 by grzegorz67.

Munich Germany 12-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: September 15, 2017 13:47

Nice one Andreea. thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 15, 2017 15:17

Happiness is an Andreea video 1st thing in the morning! Thanks girl! I'll look forward to following the rest of your adventures!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 15, 2017 15:20

Cool video, Andreea. THx.

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: September 15, 2017 16:04

Great video Andreea!

Felt like I was at the show.

Can't wait to see them next week in Zurich & Lucca.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 15, 2017 16:36

Andreea best post ever on IORR. EVER!! smileys with beer

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 15, 2017 16:43

zgubi
just in time to start the travel journey to Spielberg, here is the video from Munich video: [youtu.be]

magine meeting your friends from all around the world, sitting in the Lucky Dip queue and all of us getting Pit tickets - incredibly crazy feeling which turned into the best birthday party.

my friend Andreea and I made a pact in 2006 to one day go see The Rolling Stones live somewhere. the next year the Stones arrived to Romania and that kicked off an exciting series of adventures and tours. This show was on her birthday so the feeling was even more special. I'm sure it's because of her and Roswitha why we were all so lucky.

Spielberg Next!

Great! Enjoy! smileys with beer

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 15, 2017 16:46

Excellent video, indeed!

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: September 15, 2017 16:50

Super Video Andreea, thanks for sharing these moments!

Hi Topi also grinning smiley grinning smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 15, 2017 16:52

thumbs up smileys with beer

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: September 15, 2017 17:26

zgubi

Spielberg Next!

Adreea, what a great video, thanks for sharing ... I stood only meters away from you in the pit ... and now I know why you sang a couple of times "Happy Birthday" :-)
Well done ! May be we meet tomorrow in Spielberg ...
Cheers
Andreas

Posted by: Flash1 ()
Date: September 15, 2017 17:53

The Stones plane has left Munich Airport at 16:26 o clock.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 26 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2126
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home