Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 27
Re: Munich Germany 12-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: September 13, 2017 13:08

Boys and girls,
I am sick and tired of reading posts about Keith @#$%& up this and that. Yesterday Mick @#$%& up YCAGWYW by singing the same verse two times in a row. Nobody mentions this; why? Just to clarify the point: this is live music. Have you critics ever played an instrument? If you want perfection go and buy a cd but don't go to a live gig. Imperfection is part of the show. No musician is perfect. Even the studio recordings are corrected by softwaretools like pro toos or logic pro. The possibilties are countless. You are able to correct every single note to make it sound perfect. If the musician would be perfect players you would not need these tools. I prefer a certain imperfection at live shows. This makes the music lifely and human and not robotic.
Just my two cents to this topic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-13 13:44 by Roadster32.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 13, 2017 13:14

Roadster32
and girls,
I am sick and tired of reading posts about Keith @#$%& up this and that. Yesterday Mick @#$%& up YCAGWYW by singing the same verse two times in a row. Nobody mentions this; why? Just to clarify the point: this is live music. Have you critics ever an instrument? If you want perfection go and buy a cd but don't go to a live gig. Imperfection is part of the show. No musician is perfect. Even the studio recordings are corrected by softwaretools like pro toos or logic pro. The possibilties are countless. You are able to correct every single note to make it soind perfect. If you the musician would be perfect players you would not need these tools. I prefer a certain imperfection at live shows. This makes the music lifely and human and robotic.

I agree with you, i focus more on Keith because he is my man so don't notice Micks mistakes so much.
Of course they all make mistakes and as i said even though Keith messed up the intro to BOB he more than made up for it with some beautiful playing.
Remember i am a nerd, an anorak where this band are concerned and i enjoy discussing every little nuance of the show. Its not bashing, honestly.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 13, 2017 13:30

well i've written a review but can't post it here; don't want the slings and arrows; nor to have to defend it; it was pretty good assessment from my purview; suffice to say I don't think they are paying attention to things that used to be safely naturally assumed were their priorties.

Date: September 13, 2017 13:44

hopkins
well i've written a review but can't post it here; don't want the slings and arrows; nor to have to defend it; it was pretty good assessment from my purview; suffice to say I don't think they are paying attention to things that used to be safely naturally assumed were their priorties.

I hope you do post it, your opinion is valued hopkins.

I've learned how to be less sensitive concerning insults on here, its part of life and this place is no different. We are all individuals and everyone's comment is equally as important as the next man.
Damn if i didn't post for fear of slings and arrows i would never post, i get insulted on a daily bases lol. I'm different and not interested in being one of the gang or the herd. Be yourself, be who you are. I and others would like to hear your review at some point when you feel right.

Date: September 13, 2017 13:47

Roadster32
Boys and girls,
I am sick and tired of reading posts about Keith @#$%& up this and that. Yesterday Mick @#$%& up YCAGWYW by singing the same verse two times in a row. Nobody mentions this; why? Just to clarify the point: this is live music. Have you critics ever played an instrument? If you want perfection go and buy a cd but don't go to a live gig. Imperfection is part of the show. No musician is perfect. Even the studio recordings are corrected by softwaretools like pro toos or logic pro. The possibilties are countless. You are able to correct every single note to make it sound perfect. If the musician would be perfect players you would not need these tools. I prefer a certain imperfection at live shows. This makes the music lifely and human and not robotic.

Mick also sang «Put your hands on me» on Dancing With Mr. D, but who cares?

ALL the Stones do several mistakes on every gig - they always do that. Listen to Charlie on Mr. D! It's the Stones, man! grinning smiley

Date: September 13, 2017 14:03

Actual footage of how the live show topics are going:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 13, 2017 14:12

DandelionPowderman
Roadster32
Boys and girls,

ALL the Stones do several mistakes on every gig - they always do that. Listen to Charlie on Mr. D! It's the Stones, man! grinning smiley

In the '76 Tour, Mick's vocals were often shouted rather than sung. He had rope swings and all sorts of props on stage in those days. The singing often took a poor 2nd place to Mick showing off to the crowd how fit he was. He's now moving much less than on previous tours, focusing much more on his singing, which (in my very humble opinion) is now very good. He's always flubbed the odd lyric. Listen to the start of Angie in Stockholm in 2014 (I was there). When he did Ruby Tuesday in Glasgow in 2006, he sung the same verse twice. Come Together at Desert Trip was somewhat shaky by the whole band. 'Can't be seen' in Oslo in 2014, just don't ask eye rolling smiley

So what, they're human and that's why we love them.

If you want perfection, stay at home and listen to an overdubbed, overproduced autotuned CD. Me, I'd rather see live music in action, warts and all, played by artists with the guts to play to a live audience.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-13 14:15 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 13, 2017 14:14

DandelionPowderman

....ALL the Stones do several mistakes on every gig - they always do that. Listen to Charlie on Mr. D! It's the Stones, man! grinning smiley

thumbs up ..A ball of chaotic, glorious noise grinning smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 13, 2017 14:16

stone4ever
Keith still moving very slow though, i don't know with him, could be a few too many drinks, he sounded a bit drunk when he addresses the audience before happy.
Good luck to him, he still pulls it off.
To me it seemed like he was putting a lot of energy into the first three songs, as if he had something to prove. He was moving a lot. Then until Honky Tonk Women when they did a lot of slower or midtempo songs he stayed most of the time with Charlie and Ronnie but interacted a lot with them and they had a lot of smiles - something I missed in Hamburg. And then from Miss You on he was moving a lot again. But with moving I don't just mean walking but also Keith doing his rockstar moves, you know when he is really leaning in every chord and crouching down. He did that in Street Fighting Man a lot, which was my favourite song of that night.

Apart from how well they played, I thought that've they all been dressed very good last night. Mick looks so much younger with the jacket he wore last night than with those bomber jackets he wore at Hamburg a lot or at Desert Trip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-13 14:25 by StonedRambler.

Date: September 13, 2017 14:21

stone4ever
hopkins

I hope you do post it, your opinion is valued hopkins.

I've learned how to be less sensitive concerning insults on here, its part of life and this place is no different. We are all individuals and everyone's comment is equally as important as the next man.
Damn if i didn't post for fear of slings and arrows i would never post, i get insulted on a daily bases lol. I'm different and not interested in being one of the gang or the herd. Be yourself, be who you are. I and others would like to hear your review at some point when you feel right.
thumbs upevery opinion is valuable and should be respected, as long as it is not derogative, which I'm sure your one's isn't

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 13, 2017 14:24

DandelionPowderman
Roadster32
Boys and girls,

smileys with beer
Thats the beauty of the Stones !!!
jeroen

Date: September 13, 2017 14:25

StonedRambler
stone4ever
Keith still moving very slow though, i don't know with him, could be a few too many drinks, he sounded a bit drunk when he addresses the audience before happy.
To me it seemed like he was putting a lot of energy into the first three songs, as if he had something to prove. He was moving a lot. Then until Honky Tonk Women when they did a lot of slower or midtempo songs he stayed most of the time with Charlie and Ronnie but interacted a lot with them and they had a lot of smiles - something I missed in Hamburg. And then from Miss You on he was moving a lot again. But with moving I don't just mean walking but also Keith doing his rockstar moves, you know when he is really leaning in every chord and crouching down. He did that in Street Fighting Man a lot, which was my favourite song of that night.

Cheers StonedRambler, i just watched the youtube clip of Brown Sugar and went with that. I got this terrible habit of judging things from a youtube clip.
Obviously you saw the whole performance and can make a real judgement, i guess i was fishing for clarification and you have done that. Good on Keith, sounds like he is trying his hardest.
I was a bit concerned after the first show that we might get a repeat of 07' but that's been put firmly to rest. Thanks.

Posted by: Wizzard ()
Date: September 13, 2017 14:33

Roadster32
Boys and girls,

Do not get me wrong and I am not bashing here on anyone. I am huge admirer of this band, they deserve all my respect, and playing in a band myself, I know that it is difficult to play a perfect show or a show without any mistakes. I would say it is almost impossible.

But in all respect, the Stones are playing the same old songs since 30 years, with some exceptions of course. This is not negative but maybe they should get their well-deserved retirement soon. But why should they bother as long as there are people out there who are willing to pay a bunch of money for listening to the same old stuff over and over again that does not get better to be honest. If you want to see a good live band you may have to go the a show from Blackberry Smoke but not a Stones show these days. Sometimes I have the feeling that a lot of people attend these shows for nostalgic reasons and not for the music. That is fair enough and I am not judging that. I have seen the band many times and I decided not to go there anymore and pay a lot of money for nostalgic reasons, standing there with thousand other people, seeing tiny men on a huge stage and almost bagging to go to the toiled to have a pee. But why bother if I can sit on my sofa and listen to their fantastic records at home.

Date: September 13, 2017 14:40

Wizzard
Roadster32
Boys and girls,

Do not get me wrong and I am not bashing here on anyone. I am huge admirer of this band, they deserve all my respect, and playing in a band myself, I know that it is difficult to play a perfect show or a show without any mistakes. I would say it is almost impossible.

But in all respect, the Stones are playing the same old songs since 30 years, with some exceptions of course. This is not negative but maybe they should get their well-deserved retirement soon. But why should they bother as long as there are people out there who are willing to pay a bunch of money for listening to the same old stuff over and over again that does not get better to be honest. If you want to see a good live band you may have to go the a show from Blackberry Smoke but not a Stones show these days. Sometimes I have the feeling that a lot of people attend these shows for nostalgic reasons and not for the music. That is fair enough and I am not judging that. I have seen the band many times and I decided not to go there anymore and pay a lot of money for nostalgic reasons, standing there with thousand other people, seeing tiny men on a huge stage and almost bagging to go to the toiled to have a pee. But why bother if I can sit on my sofa and listen to their fantastic records at home.

The best songs in the world. Who don't wanna hear those in concert? Of course it's about the music! It's just that wee little thing with music: It doesn't have to be perfect to be enjoyed smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-13 14:43 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 13, 2017 14:40

Dancing With Mr. D (sorry if it was posted before):

Date: September 13, 2017 14:42

One of my favourite moments of the show was when Keith picked up Micks harmonica for Just You Fool and walked to him to hand it over with a big grin in his face. Mick seemed suprised but just answeared with a dry "thank you very much"
Unfortunately there's no close up video of that yet, but you can see it a bit in the beginning of this clip:
[www.youtube.com]
Keith tried a lot to cheer up Mick, but Micks seems to ignore him a bit. Maybe it has to do with the whole thing that Keith refused Micks songs?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-13 14:46 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: September 13, 2017 14:43

From section M2
OOC
video: [youtu.be]

Date: September 13, 2017 14:44

StonedRambler
One of my favourite moments of the show was when Keith picked up Micks harmonica for Just You Fool and walked to him to hand it over with a big grin in his face. Mick seemed suprised but just answeared with a dry "thank you very much"
Unfortunately there's no close up video of that yet, but you can see it a bit in the beginning of this clip:
[www.youtube.com]

That's REAL interaction, LOL! thumbs up

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: September 13, 2017 14:44

Gimme Shelter. Song starts at 1:30

Date: September 13, 2017 15:13

Wizzard
Roadster32
Boys and girls,

To some extent what you say it true, it is an nostalgia act for mostly people with more money than sense.( OMG the VIP package over a 1000 Euros)
Personally i don't understand why they haven't added more guitar part's to songs like Brown Sugar after all these years.
I would have thought that they could have taken a song like that out of the stratosphere, after this many plays it should blow our minds. But it goes along and along, and i love it and all that, but i can't understand why more isn't happening in there.
When Mick Taylor was in the band the songs were completely different when played live. Songs like SFM and GS went to another dimension.
I know Ronnie isn't Taylor but i wish he had just put down more guitar in the past, tried to stretch Keith a little more. The good thing is he seems to be doing it now at last.
I would love to see that rhythm section going at full tilt like it used to with Bill, but something is missing now. Most probably age, can a 76 year old drummer do any more than he is already. Maybe if the shows were shorter they could be a bit faster and more intense. But hey i love what they are doing , i'm happy that Keith and the rest of them are anywhere, let alone on a stage together.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: September 13, 2017 15:23

GeorgV

Can we please get Lisa bacK?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 13, 2017 15:33

stone4ever
Brown Sugar Matt on the maracas hehe you gotta love him spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Karl on the Sax. Its going a long long way from Bobby and the playing that fits Brown Sugar imho
Maybe it takes time to get used to it, i actually like what he plays but it just doesn't sit right with the song.

I really don't like Karl's take on the Brown Sugar solo. I know he's a very accomplished musician and I respect him, but the feel is completely off.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 13, 2017 15:39

hopkins

Mate please do. Would love to hear it..and seriously I cant believe this forum has come to the point where a learned poster with an objective review now fears for retribution about writing a review! AMAZING

Date: September 13, 2017 15:45

Eleanor Rigby
hopkins

Mate please do. Would love to hear it..and seriously I cant believe this forum has come to the point where a learned poster with an objective review now fears for retribution about writing a review! AMAZING

+1 thumbs up

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: September 13, 2017 15:47

keefriff99
stone4ever
Brown Sugar Matt on the maracas hehe you gotta love him spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Karl on the Sax. Its going a long long way from Bobby and the playing that fits Brown Sugar imho
Maybe it takes time to get used to it, i actually like what he plays but it just doesn't sit right with the song.

I really don't like Karl's take on the Brown Sugar solo. I know he's a very accomplished musician and I respect him, but the feel is completely off.
I agree !

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 13, 2017 15:50

firebird
GeorgV

Can we please get Lisa bacK?

Sasha is as good in that spot as Lisa..

far closer to the original Merry Clayton vocal.. not that Lisa was bad, just a bit overwrought in that spot, just my opinion..
thumbs up

Posted by: cool43 ()
Date: September 13, 2017 16:00

Hi boys and girls from iorr,please let me to introduce myself ;-) <<<i'm an old Stones fan aged 58 and my first stones concert was in Rotterdam in 1982. I was crying on the road to the stadium and yes it was a very hot day too.

I have read a lot on iorr Tell Me for years without posting myself a message or maybe just a few message years and years ago to sell some items, don't remember exactly, sorry!

Anyway, i read and view a lot about the first 2 concert of this no filter and realy i don't understand some of you talking about mistakes of Keith than mick and so on. Yes that's true and it has always been so.
For my concern, that's why i love the Stones so much and probably that's why we all love them.

After listening most of what i have found on youtube about these 2 first concerts, i realy don't like the slower tempo of some songs including SFTD or under my thumb and in a way also Jumping jack flash, i can see easily that mick forced to keep slow. I don't know why it is so. Probably to save their energy....

My explanation about SFTD as an opener is quite easy, there is a long intro and the tempo is medium. It's like energy saver for the rest of the show.

I realy regret the slower tempo of some songs.

But the most important for me is the audience (hot or cold).
I have in memory that in 1990 in Wembley, Berlin, Paris and the 3 shows in Rotterdam, the audience was each time very hot.
Since a few tour it's a bit different.
I was in Dussedorf during the 14on fire tour at the ground, the band played with energy and they do thier best to make move the crew but it was hard.
On many video i can see the same, mostly the audience is a bit too soft and especialy at the fronts rows. Why to pay so much if not showing we are stones fans?

It seems a bit different in latino countries where it seems the crowd is still crazy and enjoy dancing and moving.

I also regret that the stones feel (and Mick say it in the past) like an obligation to play the same songs each time. There are so much good songs to be played during more than 2 hours. They put the surprises or/and the new songs during the first part of shows.

That's why for this no filter tour i have choosen to go in Barcelona in lucky dip mode with the hope that the crew will be hot wherever in the stadium i will be as long as we enjoy together.

So a good stones concert for me is a mix of some mistakes that mostly only the profesionnal or amateur musicians can hear and a good hot audience that i realy miss.

I don't pretend to be right, we do have our own stones world, that's the magic in this band. Have a good time to all of you and thanks for your attention even if my english is a bit poor...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-13 16:07 by cool43.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 13, 2017 16:00

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: September 13, 2017 16:02

Roadster32
Boys and girls,

I absolutely 100% agree with Roadster. I am a massive fan of the band and of Keith and I admit that I can be overly-critical of hi and the band at times - but then I remember that this is live music... I play in a band and we had a gig last week... we write our own songs, and I was playing a song that I have played hundreds of times before and ai forgot the words to one verse and then completely messed up the solo. It happens. And our bass player messed plenty of things up too. Why? Who knows.... A combination of nerves, adrenalin, excitement, whatever. It's live music played by human beings. If you want perfection play the record or go see a performer that mimes (eg Madonna or Milli Vanilli).

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 13, 2017 16:24

Spud
DandelionPowderman

....ALL the Stones do several mistakes on every gig - they always do that. Listen to Charlie on Mr. D! It's the Stones, man! grinning smiley

thumbs up ..A ball of chaotic, glorious noise grinning smiley

Hear, hear! smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home