Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 27
Re: Munich Germany 12-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Date: September 13, 2017 08:44

StonedRambler
I was in Hamburg on Saturday and wrote that Keef messed up every solo he did. I still think he did and still can't understand how someone can think he played good that night, but today in Munich he was like a completely different person and not just he but the whole band blew me away! What they played was almost the same as in Hamburg (you know the setlist), but HOW they did it was a day and night difference! They played like they had many other concerts since Hamburg because they were on! I am so glad really that Keith seema alright now, he really seemed introverted and (sorry to say) but kinda old in Hamburg but today he interacted as we all know and love him with the audience and Ronnie smiling smiley Only Mick seems to be a bit mad at Keith, because Keith came to him a few times and wanted to lay his arm around once, but Mick turned away every time.

In fairness, he did not mess up IORR and UMT in Hamburg smiling smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: September 13, 2017 09:06

keefriff99
Mick looks incredible. I know it pretty much goes without saying at this point, but the man is simply unreal.

If I can remember correctly, his father was a fitness instructor in the Army in the Norfolk area. All these guys are in great shape.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 13, 2017 09:30

StonedRambler
I was in Hamburg on Saturday and wrote that Keef messed up every solo he did. I still think he did and still can't understand how someone can think he played good that night, but today in Munich he was like a completely different person and not just he but the whole band blew me away! What they played was almost the same as in Hamburg (you know the setlist), but HOW they did it was a day and night difference! They played like they had many other concerts since Hamburg because they were on! I am so glad really that Keith seema alright now, he really seemed introverted and (sorry to say) but kinda old in Hamburg but today he interacted as we all know and love him with the audience and Ronnie smiling smiley Only Mick seems to be a bit mad at Keith, because Keith came to him a few times and wanted to lay his arm around once, but Mick turned away every time.

Thanks for sharing and for confirming what it sounded like on the FB live feed. Too bad about Mick turning away when Keith went towards him. I remember him trying to wriggle out too at the Trabendo but he had nowhere to go, hehe. Maybe he was still in a bad mood after Keith's dismal performance in Hamburg...how much it must make him cringe, being the ultimate perfectionist and all...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 13, 2017 10:15

Just Your Fool was excellent, and it's touching how much the audience cheered for the blues numbers thumbs up

BTW, that was another song where Mick and Keith interacted in Hamburg (right before the bridge), gotdablouse smiling smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 13, 2017 10:18

MononoM
this one maybe does the trick [fbdown.net]

No, it doesn't. This site just wants to install some crap on your computer.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 13, 2017 10:35

StonedRambler

Your post made my day, i was so pleased about what you said about Keith playing well and looking like a different person, and then at the end i felt sad again. I wonder why it means so much to us that they get on.
Its like the icing on the cake when they are enjoying playing together and being friends as well as a team.
I thought Mick was frosty with Keith in Hamburg because Mick felt Keith might be letting him down, but after this performance it must be something else.

Date: September 13, 2017 10:37

stone4ever
StonedRambler

Your post made my day, i was so pleased about what you said about Keith playing well and looking like a different person, and then at the end i felt sad again. I wonder why it means so much to us that they get on.
Its like the icing on the cake when they are enjoying playing together and being friends as well as a team.
I thought Mick was frosty with Keith in Hamburg because Mick felt Keith might be letting him down, but after this performance it must be something else.

Well, I've seen both shows now, and I can tell you that Keith looked (and sounded) pretty much the same on both shows. I'm only judging by YT-clips, though.

Keith froze again in the beginning of BOB, but after that he played really well.

Some awkward moments, like in Hamburg, but overall his playing was fine.

Here's BOB:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: September 13, 2017 10:44

TooTough
Roadster32
It's raining.

Roadster, have fun anyway!
We met 11 years ago...in Munich!

Yes, time flies by. See you in Amsterdam?

Date: September 13, 2017 10:52

DP. Keith froze again in the beginning of BOB, but after that he played really well.

I wonder why he has those freezes periodically, they seem to be isolated to the rest of the show with him, meaning they can happen even when he is on.

Its a small price to pay i think, from all accounts it was a solid performance from keith.

Mick looks so young in the pictures, it's always facilitated me how his wrinkles disappear on stage. he doesn't look too old to rock at all, Mick and the boys still pull it off. Its amazing really when you think about it, playing at this level, stadium Rock in their mid 70's. I have to pinch myself when i think this is 2017, it blew me away when they played in 2002.

Ronnie is the big surprise though, the man is possessed, i love watching him play and move now, he is getting better at 70 years old than he has ever been, he moves more, he plays more, i am in awe of this band. long may they continue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-13 10:58 by stone4ever.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: September 13, 2017 10:59

Keith was so much better last night! His playing was much stronger, only going out of key two times, I think (beginning of BOB and somewhere during the Slipping Away solo). He moved around and smiled much more. No need to be worried!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 13, 2017 11:00

MonkeyMan2000
Keith was so much better last night! His playing was much stronger, only going out of key two times, I think (beginning of BOB and somewhere during the Slipping Away solo). He moved around and smiled much more. No need to be worried!

thumbs up

Even with dropping Play With Fire and being a song shorter, it seems the overall consensus from those that were at both shows is that Munich was an over all better show than Hamburg. Not just Keith's playing and his stage presence, but the energy of the whole band. Based on this thread and watching clips and seeing pics in real time with fellow forum members, there was much more enthusiasm. First night jitters are over, and the band is on a roll. Having been to an opener myself in San Diego '15, I know it's exciting, but also acknowledge there were some kinks that needed to be worked out. Looking forward to seeing more as this NO FILTER tour continues on for the next month. And it would be nice if the played Play With Fire again. thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-13 11:02 by Hairball.

Date: September 13, 2017 11:06

MonkeyMan2000

Thanks MonkeyMan that's good to know. How many shows are you going to see on this tour. It must be fantastic witnessing miracles every night. Because what the Stones are doing now is a miracle.
They put everything on the line when they do this, it could all fall to pieces at any moment but still they continue.
They broke the mold when they created this band.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 13, 2017 11:06

BOB with Bernard joining Mick in the center of the stage at the end.
Nice.thumbs up
And yes awful intro.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: September 13, 2017 11:08

Yes, the band had a much bigger impact on me than in Hamburg. Street Fighting Man and Jumping Jack Flash hit even harder. I'd say tough that Gimme Shelter was better in Hamburg. But all in all Munich was the stronger show. Let's hope that they can keep the bar that high!

Date: September 13, 2017 11:14

stone4ever
MonkeyMan2000

Thanks MonkeyMan that's good to know. How many shows are you going to see on this tour. It must be fantastic witnessing miracles every night. Because what the Stones are doing now is a miracle.
They put everything on the line when they do this, it could all fall to pieces at any moment but still they continue.

I'm going to quite a lot of shows, leaving out Dusseldorf, Stockholm and Copenhagen. Before this tour I had only seen them twice, once in 2014 (the show that started the addiction) and once in 2016. So I wanted to see them as much as I possibly could this year.
Quite a cool feeling sitting in Munich not being in school because I'm "sick". grinning smiley

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: September 13, 2017 11:15

stone4ever

Its a small price to pay i think, from all accounts it was a solid performance from keith.

Mick looks so young in the pictures, it's always facilitated me how his wrinkles disappear on stage. he doesn't look too old to rock at all, Mick and the boys still pull it off. Its amazing really when you think about it, playing at this level, stadium Rock in their mid 70's. I have to pinch myself when i think this is 2017, it blew me away when they played in 2002.

Ronnie is the big surprise though, the man is possessed, i love watching him play and move now, he is getting better at 70 years old than he has ever been, he moves more, he plays more, i am in awe of this band. long may they continue.

Many of us admire Keith Richards for his lifestyle over decades. It´s not normal for a human being to be alive after what he did to himself. So I think, yesterday he was drop-dead great. Forget about single minor "mistakes", he is alive, kicking and rocking! And looking cooler than anybody else in this world...

Mick is a mystery. Every time I see him in concert he looks even cooler and greater than the time before. I´ve been on the Stones´ live-train since June 1990 (in Munich as well), but my wife has seen her first show yesterday. I´m glad she returned home with me after she saw him perform. eye popping smileyhot smiley

Ronnies playing fits in so superbly! No musical gimmicks, just plain great fills and notes and bends and everything that makes him KRs best guitar partner.

stone4ever, you´re right in every aspect!
Cheers, Fillmore

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-13 11:22 by Fillmore.

Date: September 13, 2017 11:16

MonkeyMan2000

We don't how to count smiling smiley But there were more times, hehe.

Date: September 13, 2017 11:24

DandelionPowderman
MonkeyMan2000

We don't how to count smiling smiley But there were more times, hehe.

Well, those were the apparent ones, like Sympathy in Hamburg. grinning smiley
But yes, Keith was much more fluent in Munich thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 13, 2017 11:24

stone4ever
MonkeyMan2000

The longevity is astonishing and there will never be another like them - we're lucky to be experiencing the Stones in our lifetime. thumbs up

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 13, 2017 11:42

"The longevity is astonishing and there will never be another like them - we're lucky to be experiencing the Stones in our lifetime"

Oh yes Hairball... During SW/UJ tour, in 1989/90, I was thinking: "Maybe one or two more rounds. Four or six more years and that's it". Now I prepare to see the Stones with my son, who's age is 8 (Barcelona) ... And they'll rock me, once again... It's a miracle!

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: September 13, 2017 12:15

Ride 'em on down
video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: September 13, 2017 12:16

Happy
video: [youtu.be]

Date: September 13, 2017 12:16

Fillmore
stone4ever

Many of us admire Keith Richards for his lifestyle over decades. It´s not normal for a human being to be alive after what he did to himself. So I think, yesterday he was drop-dead great. Forget about single minor "mistakes", he is alive, kicking and rocking! And looking cooler than anybody else in this world...

Mick is a mystery. Every time I see him in concert he looks even cooler and greater than the time before. I´ve been on the Stones´ live-train since June 1990 (in Munich as well), but my wife has seen her first show yesterday. I´m glad she returned home with me after she saw him perform. eye popping smileyhot smiley

Ronnies playing fits in so superbly! No musical gimmicks, just plain great fills and notes and bends and everything that makes him KRs best guitar partner.

stone4ever, you´re right in every aspect!
Cheers, Fillmore

Thank's man that's nice of you to say.
Its kind of interesting now, the band are at this sort of crossroads, they can end it all in Paris and sit back on their laurels over the coming shows or they can really capitalize on this good start off the blocks and bring the level of performance up several notches, keep on focusing so they keep the momentum up.
I would like to see more dates added leading up to Christmas and then into the New Year. Its now or never, if they really want to play brilliantly its within them to do so if they still have that fire in their belly.
Some indoor arena dates in London and other major cities in the UK before Christmas and then back to South America or the US.
We can only dream.

Date: September 13, 2017 12:23

OMG just watched Happy, that German crowd LOVE keith. hot smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 13, 2017 12:37

DP, thanks for post direct link 'Beast'
[m.youtube.com]
Such a pretty, pretty, pretty, such a pretty song.

Date: September 13, 2017 12:45

Love the look on Keith's face when he turns to Ronnie after messing up the intro to Beast, like a mischievous naughty school boy.
he more than makes up for it with some lovely licks after.

Anyone notice when Keith screws up he makes up for it with and extended solo on that particular song. Or a poor show gets followed by a good show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-13 12:48 by stone4ever.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 13, 2017 12:49

Sympathy
[www.youtube.com]

Beast of Burden
[www.youtube.com]

Miss You
[www.youtube.com]

Brown Sugar
[www.youtube.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: September 13, 2017 12:51

powerage78
Sympathy
[www.youtube.com]

Beast of Burden
[www.youtube.com]

Miss You
[www.youtube.com]

Brown Sugar
[www.youtube.com]

Thanks powerage78, will have a good listen to these thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 13, 2017 12:57

Beautiful pix Hauke..
Esp the black n white one and the Jagger close up.some more please.thanks jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-13 13:08 by corriecas.

Date: September 13, 2017 13:04

Brown Sugar Matt on the maracas hehe you gotta love him spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Karl on the Sax. Its going a long long way from Bobby and the playing that fits Brown Sugar imho
Maybe it takes time to get used to it, i actually like what he plays but it just doesn't sit right with the song.

Keith still moving very slow though, i don't know with him, could be a few too many drinks, he sounded a bit drunk when he addresses the audience before happy.
Good luck to him, he still pulls it off.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1353
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home