Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 24 of 27
Re: Munich Germany 12-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 14, 2017 03:44

The intro to Beast of Burden was as bad as waking up to a busted
chain saw at 3 AM.
It reminded me when he forgot how to play Happy in Mexico City.That
was scary.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 14, 2017 04:52

stone4ever
Just read Dean Goodman's review of the show and he ends it with

Speaking of Keith, he showed up. I'll leave it at that.

I wonder what he meant by that ??

I read that as Keith attended the show, but added nothing to it....

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 08:56

I would submit for general consideration the idea that there may be a difference between the mistakes engendered by the passion of youthful ferocity and the errors caused by age and decay.

Date: September 14, 2017 09:46

LongBeachArena72
I would submit for general consideration the idea that there may be a difference between the mistakes engendered by the passion of youthful ferocity and the errors caused by age and decay.

Yeah, singing «put your hands on me» when singing about death is unforgivable winking smiley

The Stones do mistakes, people. Get over it. When you attend a show, these things happen so rarely that they don't take away from the total experience..

If you watch one song on YouTube, however, it might cause more irritation - I dunno.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: September 14, 2017 09:59

DandelionPowderman
LongBeachArena72

The Stones do mistakes, people. Get over it. When you attend a show, these things happen so rarely that they don't take away from the total experience..

I don´t see much difference in judging how mistakes come up. I´t doesn´t make a difference if a driver is old an unaware when crashin´ into a dog on the street to if the driver is young, happy and stupid.

I couldn´t care less how many "wrong notes" I might have witnessed in a Stones concert. My overall feeling stays the same: my inner smile lights the darkest way home and some minor burps keep other pedestrians from crashing into me (I like a good cup of beer with my favourite bands´ music). Munich was just the same, an evening of highest-class entertainment for all senses.

Cheers, Fillmore

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-14 10:07 by Fillmore.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 14, 2017 10:01

DandelionPowderman
The Stones do mistakes, people.

Yep, just like they did in the past. And I truly hope that we can enjoy many more in the future.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: September 14, 2017 10:36

Rolling Hansie
DandelionPowderman

Yep, just like they did in the past. And I truly hope that we can enjoy many more in the future.

I was just listening to All Down The Line from Brussels (the bootleg, not the official release). Had they wrecked it like that in Munich, people wouldn't have gone ballistic here.

Like you said, they've always done this. I thought this was part of the reason why we love them so much: Charm, unpredictability, wonkiness and THAT swing..

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 14, 2017 10:43

DandelionPowderman
Rolling Hansie
DandelionPowderman

I was just listening to All Down The Line from Brussels (the bootleg, not the official release). Had they wrecked it like that in Munich, people wouldn't have gone ballistic here.

Like you said, they've always done this. I thought this was part of the reason why we love them so much: Charm, unpredictability, wonkiness and THAT swing..
smileys with beerhot smileydrinking smiley
Jeroen

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 14, 2017 10:52

LongBeachArena72

True - what once might have been cutting edge and exciting haphazard wrecklessness due to improvization, has now become a matter of their declining ability to play properly.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 14, 2017 11:02

DandelionPowderman
Rolling Hansie
DandelionPowderman

Like you said, they've always done this.

Yep. I remember Gimme Shelter 73 in Perth. Back then they were in the 30ies. I can live with the mistakes because for example Hamburg was just amazing. Great Stones show!

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 11:23

DandelionPowderman
LongBeachArena72

If you watch one song on YouTube, however, it might cause more irritation - I dunno.

Are you kidding? I think some guys expect to watch Keith's death on stage. Very good for his legend! Do you really see how he is on stage, no move, a lot of time, his body is bent, easier playing the chords I think!
They got a fantastic start in 63/64 but will get a catastrophic ending for the band they were. Very sad!

Date: September 14, 2017 11:26

ouroux58
DandelionPowderman
LongBeachArena72

Are you kidding? I think some guys expect to watch Keith's death on stage. Very good for his legend! Do you really see how he is on stage, no move, a lot of time, his body is bent, easier playing the chords I think!
They got a fantastic start in 63/64 but will get a catastrophic ending for the band they were. Very sad!

I reckon people were more worried about him in 1975.

Yes, I've seen him on stage. I attended the Hamburg-show! And I don't share your analysis. Not at all.

They are old. They can't do it like they were in their 20s anymore. Deal with it.

And the mistakes happen very rarely. It is a 2,5 hour-show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-14 11:27 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: September 14, 2017 12:10

do you think they will come back to China (I hope so)

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: September 14, 2017 12:20

Some of my Munich shots.

Edit: OMG, correcting this. Had photobucket, learning imgur today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-14 14:05 by latvianinexile.

Date: September 14, 2017 12:23

Nice pics lavian.did you take any in hamburg..
Jeroen

Date: September 14, 2017 12:24

Nice pics latvian.did you take any in hamburg..
Jeroen

Date: September 14, 2017 12:25

Great shots, Neil! thumbs up

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 14, 2017 12:27

Thanks Latvianinexile. These are the fantastic pics. thumbs up

I love that they are all natural, less rehearsed looking, i don't know, caught in the moment i mean.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-14 12:33 by stone4ever.

Date: September 14, 2017 12:29

Hi nice pics lavian.did you take any in hamburg..
Jeroen

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 14, 2017 12:55

Thanks Latvian. Especially for the double Matt Clifford hot smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 13:27

Oh, latvianinexile, those pictures are beyond great! How I'm looking forward to Amsterdam and Stockholm! What camera do you use? And did you have to do something special, to get it in the venue, or is it the usual - no problem with a compact?

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: September 14, 2017 14:11

corriecas
Hi nice pics lavian.did you take any in hamburg..
Jeroen

They didn't let me in with the camera in Hamburg. Others were unlucky in Munich. They say strictly no cameras. It's a game with security. A lottery.

@Happy24, it‘s a Panasonic DMC-TZ71, the size of a cigarette pack.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 14:20

latvianinexile
@Happy24, it‘s a Panasonic DMC-TZ71, the size of a cigarette pack.

I see, I have the TZ60 and I am also more than happy with it. smiling smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 14:37

Excellent photos again Latvian. I have an old TZ20 which has similar physical dimensions, and I hope to get it into Barcelona & Paris. I didn't bother to try at Hamburg. I don't know if 'No Cameras' was only a rule for this Promoter (FKP) or for the whole tour. In Paris ABB 2007, the rule was stated as 'No Cameras' but people were taking them in easily without hiding them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-14 15:43 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 14, 2017 14:56

latvianinexile
Some of my Munich shots.

Edit: OMG, correcting this. Had photobucket, learning imgur today.

Excellent photos as usual, latvianinexile. Thanks! smileys with beer

Posted by: majomuc ()
Date: September 14, 2017 15:01

Regarding cameras - my oldest trick is to hold it inside my palm (hidden beneath the tickets) and hold up my hands when you get the bodycheck.

In my experience in 95% of cases the security never checks your hands (unless the stuff is ridiculously large).

A small cam gets in that way most of the time.

In the UK they never bothered, even when taking my big regular DSLR. Last time at the London Olympic Stadium they had strict checks, but a guy in front of me walked with his DSLR and lens on his belly straight through.

All of this is ridiculous anyway, I don't know why we as guests and customers (paying a lot of money) have to even discuss this ...

Anyway ...

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: September 14, 2017 15:17

majomuc
All of this is ridiculous anyway, I don't know why we as guests and customers (paying a lot of money) have to even discuss this ...

It is ridiculous, but those who favor it usually cite camera flashes detract from the show and recording devices can obstruct views. Management also seeks to reduce bootlegging. Of course, it really comes down to money. If free photos and recordings are plentiful, there is less incentive for the general public to pay for tickets.

Posted by: majomuc ()
Date: September 14, 2017 15:32

StonedInTokyo
majomuc

It is ridiculous, but those who favor it usually cite camera flashes detract from the show and recording devices can obstruct views. Management also seeks to reduce bootlegging. Of course, it really comes down to money. If free photos and recordings are plentiful, there is less incentive for the general public to pay for tickets.

I don't believe the thought that anyone would not attend a show because of great free photos.

I can understand that the commercial use is not wanted and certainly it should be prohibited.

Bootlegging is so easy with a regular phone these days (and quality much better than in the past days), so this won't help either.

Moreover bootlegs are only for us diehard bunch, the 99% of regular people wouldn't care about them ;-)

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 15:39

DandelionPowderman
ouroux58
DandelionPowderman
LongBeachArena72

Yes, I've seen him on stage. I attended the Hamburg-show! And I don't share your analysis. Not at all.

They are old. They can't do it like they were in their 20s anymore. Deal with it.

There's nothing to "deal with," DP. We're almost all in agreement here:

1) The Stones are old

2) They make mistakes, and always have

Where some of us diverge is in our perspective on pt # 2. Many people feel that in spite of their current mistakes, they are still lovable and listenable and enjoyable and nothing's changed. One poster I think even said--and I may be badly paraphrasing here--that s/he didn't really care what notes Keith played ... he was still Keith and therefore still worth watching. Other people feel that their old age is beginning to impinge on the their abilities in a new, perhaps more pernicious way. There's nothing inherently unfair in asking whether people in their mid-70's can continue to drive a car effectively; why should someone asking whether Keith's 'bum notes" may be more than just charming sloppiness be excoriated?

Date: September 14, 2017 15:46

LongBeachArena72
DandelionPowderman
ouroux58
DandelionPowderman
LongBeachArena72

There's nothing to "deal with," DP. We're almost all in agreement here:

1) The Stones are old

2) They make mistakes, and always have

Where some of us diverge is in our perspective on pt # 2. Many people feel that in spite of their current mistakes, they are still lovable and listenable and enjoyable and nothing's changed. One poster I think even said--and I may be badly paraphrasing here--that s/he didn't really care what notes Keith played ... he was still Keith and therefore still worth watching. Other people feel that their old age is beginning to impinge on the their abilities in a new, perhaps more pernicious way. There's nothing inherently unfair in asking whether people in their mid-70's can continue to drive a car effectively; why should someone asking whether Keith's 'bum notes" may be more than just charming sloppiness be excoriated?

I was replying to this:

<I think some guys expect to watch Keith's death on stage. Very good for his legend! Do you really see how he is on stage, no move, a lot of time, his body is bent, easier playing the chords I think!>

Is that what you think as well, LongBeach?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 24 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1696
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home