Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 23 of 27
Re: Munich Germany 12-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: September 13, 2017 21:08

Listening to youtube videos from this show now, Sympathy was excellent, better singing by Mick than in Hamburg and a great solo by Keith.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 13, 2017 21:42

Again I am very happy to read that everyone who was there had a great time. Thanks for all the updates

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 13, 2017 21:49

Here's some pro-shot footage from Swiss TV SRF:

The Rolling Stones in München

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 13, 2017 21:53

Hairball
stone4ever
Eleanor Rigby
hopkins
well i've written a review but can't post it here; don't want the slings and arrows; nor to have to defend it; it was pretty good assessment from my purview; suffice to say I don't think they are paying attention to things that used to be safely naturally assumed were their priorties.

Mate please do. Would love to hear it..and seriously I cant believe this forum has come to the point where a learned poster with an objective review now fears for retribution about writing a review! AMAZING

+1 thumbs up

+2 thumbs up

+3 just don't consider objective what may be considered and be subjective and then disputable. just as any pov smiling smiley

Date: September 13, 2017 22:09

Cristiano Radtke
Dancing With Mr. D (sorry if it was posted before):

this is cool

also SFM does pretty good to me

what I hate is the fake harp intro to miss you bleah!

overall and from yt clips I like muniche gig pretty much

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-13 22:18 by maumau.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 13, 2017 22:20

hopkins
well i've written a review but can't post it here; don't want the slings and arrows; nor to have to defend it; it was pretty good assessment from my purview; suffice to say I don't think they are paying attention to things that used to be safely naturally assumed were their priorties.

At the end of the day, if the Stones are going to charge top Dollar for tickets, it comes with the territory that they are going to set themselves up for criticism.

Unless you actually attend a show you can't say if the experience was worth the expense.

It seems to me that the majority people who saw the two shows were of the opinion that they got their moneys worth.

That's all anyone can ask of them and it looks like the Stones deliver the goods.

As to whether someone was disappointed with certain aspects of the performance, that should be for them to say so without receiving any insults or mud slinging.

I for one do not have a problem with someone thinking the show was fantastic or on the other hand if they thought it was disappointing in some way.
For instance if i had attended the second show i would have been disappointed with them not playing UMT or PWF. Also i would have thought why did Keith sing the same two songs on both nights if had attended both shows. I would have definitely been disappointing with Keith not being very mobile on the first night. Also they seem to be playing slower for some reason, perhaps they will speed up as they play more gigs. These are reasonable rational criticisms and they should be tolerated by all. If i was to say they suck and they are crap without any explanation that is going to receive mud slinging and it would be troll like behavior.

Go ahead hopkins have your say, anyone who attended the show is in a position to be honest about how they saw it and how they heard it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-13 22:22 by stone4ever.

Date: September 13, 2017 22:33

powerage78
BOB with Bernard joining Mick in the center of the stage at the end.
Nice.thumbs up
And yes awful intro.

+1

yeah awful intro and pretty much messy all but don't know why and how come, I really dig it. sounds true to me also laid back with a space for Ron to do his thing

Date: September 13, 2017 22:40

Hamburg 1st part was rusty, 2nd part great

Munich band sounds better and they will get better every gig for the next 3/4 untill they reach their tour peak. Lucky to see them some more this tour.

Date: September 13, 2017 22:51

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Hamburg 1st part was rusty, 2nd part great

Munich band sounds better and they will get better every gig for the next 3/4 untill they reach their tour peak. Lucky to see them some more this tour.

I think the first three songs were a bit rusty,but OOC (it got an extra chorus in Hamburg?), the B&L-numbers, Play With Fire and YCAGWYW were great. I liked Mr D as well.

From then on it rocked, imo.

Date: September 13, 2017 22:54

rusty is also SA intro in munich

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 13, 2017 23:21

stone4ever
It seems to me that the majority people who saw the two shows were of the opinion that they got their moneys worth.

That's all anyone can ask of them and it looks like the Stones deliver the goods.

I think you may have just provided an epiphany for me, young riffhards.

It's kind of ridiculous when you think about it:

People--like me--sitting at home, bemoaning how awful a band has become; while other people at the gig have a grand old time.

Who cares why you go, or what they play, or how much you spend, or even if they're still any 'good'--if the experience is a gas ... then, there you have it!

We all do things that give us pleasure which when looked at by someone else might seem silly or stupid ... but they do give us pleasure.

And maybe that's enough ...

Date: September 13, 2017 23:33

LongBeachArena72
stone4ever

I think you may have just provided an epiphany for me, young riffhards.

It's kind of ridiculous when you think about it:

People--like me--sitting at home, bemoaning how awful a band has become; while other people at the gig have a grand old time.

Who cares why you go, or what they play, or how much you spend, or even if they're still any 'good'--if the experience is a gas ... then, there you have it!

We all do things that give us pleasure which when looked at by someone else might seem silly or stupid ... but they do give us pleasure.

And maybe that's enough ...

Well LB, after i see them in Paris and possibly Amsterdam i will give an honest review of whether they was worth the travel and expense.
So far i have seen them 8 times, not many compared to some on iorr, but enough to say i have only felt let down once in 07'
That was for one reason, Keith didn't hardly move. So not bad i guess, and he did play very well and very loud, so no complaints really.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-13 23:58 by stone4ever.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 13, 2017 23:35

john lomax
slewan
I don't know if it was already mentioned. After we saw zero interaction between Jagger and Richards in Hamburg, there was at least some interaction in Munich. Once (before one of the blues numbers) Keith handed Mick the harmonica and Mick replyed "thank you" (should be hearable on the bootlegs). Some time later Keith put his arm around Mick's shoulder. But after that no more visible interaction followed for the rest of the show

There was interaction in Hamburg - in the midddle of one song (I can't remember which) Mick and Keith were talking and laughing.

Awwww...

Date: September 14, 2017 00:49

Just read Dean Goodman's review of the show and he ends it with

Speaking of Keith, he showed up. I'll leave it at that.

I wonder what he meant by that ??

Posted by: majomuc ()
Date: September 14, 2017 01:01

So, just collected yesterday's pictures here:

[www.flickr.com]

Hope you enjoy ...

Cheers

Date: September 14, 2017 01:04

majomuc

[www.flickr.com]

Hope you enjoy ...

Cheers

Great pics thanks.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: September 14, 2017 01:14

GeorgV
bv
GeorgV
Have there ever been a Stones gig without any mistakes and bum notes? This is live music by real people, Everybody does mistakes now and then. Enjoy it or listen to a computer.

Perfect people never make mistakes. I guess some do believe the stones are in their 20s or 30s. They are all 70+ so for those who forgot: Please give it a break. They do mistakes but it is not like they are starting a nuclear war. If you pay 700 euro and get to the front and resllize keith do a mistanf on gimme shelter so you want a refund then you have either been sleepong in class or you have been hoping for too much. It is rock and roll and it is rhythm and blues and it is with theit heart an soul. If that is not enough then stay at homf save the money and play ya jas or brussels affairs i.e. old livealbums. But they have errors too!

I was at Hamburg and Munich and enjoyed both gigs, would not have missed any. Well worth my costs. Reading the negative comments make me wonder if I was at the same gig ( or if those with these strong negative opinions were at the gig at all) If there is a mistake I forget it and focus on the good stuff. It is a part of live experience. Majority of the audience do not notice. No one mentioned Keiths good playing, likr Dancing with Mr. D, or the orher times he played well, like most of the time ( or maybe I was to excited and happy to notice anything else)
Sorry there Music is ike a nuclear war! It is so on fire right now i have amscared for the people that don't know real Rock N Roll the last 2 gigs have been great there the oldest doing this stuff it is not going to get any better but by them the Rolling Stones! Period there will never be another band like them everybody seeing the gigs at this point is seeing history in a hundred years when we are gone people are going to be saying wow those people were lucky to see the Stones why is'nt there music like that anymore? because it is a phenominom that we in the 20th century got to witness with the beginning of the Electric "GUITAR" Les Paul And Leo Fender! that started this whole thing and unfortunatly it is somewhat of a dieing breed because of the computer and all the BS the younger generation is into. So count your lucky stars if your able to see one of these Stones shows because the first 2 have been fabulous even with the 2 or 3 mistakes out of 10 of thousands of notes played in a gig show that is by average probably 99.5% perfect notes think of it that way!in a whole show nay sayers!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 14, 2017 01:19

Yeah and reading the reviews on the IORR main page [iorr.org] especially bv's moving review I can't wait for the shows in Paris !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 14, 2017 01:24

stone4ever

Probably referring to the fact that Keith was lackluster and inferior at Hamburg, but at Munich he was back in the game so I read it as complimentary.

From his Hamburg review: "That's if someone can remember to revive Keith: He could barely walk, and his playing was rudimentary".

Date: September 14, 2017 01:52

Sorry there Music is ike a nuclear war! It is so on fire right now i have amscared for the people that don't know real Rock N Roll the last 2 gigs have been great there the oldest doing this stuff it is not going to get any better but by them the Rolling Stones! Period there will never be another band like them everybody seeing the gigs at this point is seeing history in a hundred years when we are gone people are going to be saying wow those people were lucky to see the Stones why is'nt there music like that anymore? because it is a phenominom that we in the 20th century got to witness with the beginning of the Electric "GUITAR" Les Paul And Leo Fender! that started this whole thing and unfortunatly it is somewhat of a dieing breed because of the computer and all the BS the younger generation is into. So count your lucky stars if your able to see one of these Stones shows because the first 2 have been fabulous even with the 2 or 3 mistakes out of 10 of thousands of notes played in a gig show that is by average probably 99.5% perfect notes think of it that way!in a whole show nay sayers!

Amen to that Stonesfrkk and i also enjoyed reading an emotional and heartfelt review from BV thumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: September 14, 2017 01:54

Hairball
stone4ever

Probably referring to the fact that Keith was lackluster and inferior at Hamburg, but at Munich he was back in the game so I read it as complimentary.

From his Hamburg review: "That's if someone can remember to revive Keith: He could barely walk, and his playing was rudimentary".

Thank's for clarifying that for me Hairball thumbs up

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 14, 2017 02:12

I am now reading Alwyn W. review Munich thumbs up

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 14, 2017 02:15

Curious about the keys on the printed setlist. Dancing With Mr. D in Dm? Pretty sure it's in A. And somebody said they're doing Beast in A now? Odd.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 14, 2017 02:30

stone4ever

I like reading Dean Goodman's reviews, he's very consistent. I get a feel for how the tour is progressing. He's also written favorable reviews.

Date: September 14, 2017 02:31

JJF. Its a poor picture but the sound is ok.

I don't know if its possible for anyone to Rock harder than this at any age.

Its almost too much, Like somethings got to give, after 2 hours of playing how do they keep this up.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 14, 2017 02:39

stone4ever
majomuc

[www.flickr.com]

Hope you enjoy ...

Cheers

Great pics thanks.

Amazing photos, thank you! smileys with beer

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 14, 2017 03:15

Street Fighting Man
WOW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-14 03:18 by Nate.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: September 14, 2017 03:41

I listened to this SFM video, posted on the Hot Stuff page. [m.youtube.com]

I'm glad to hear the song seems to be a keeper in the set; its one of my favorites. I have one question: is the piano playing at about 3:20 what folks call "plink plink?"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-14 03:44 by bam.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()

stone4ever

I always loved Dean"s write up's! I've noticed though lately he's more on the controversoule side which is cool! because we need that for a fair argument but i think he goes a little to far imo on the swipes but like i said imo gives for good argument most defiently not my cup of tea latly!

Posted by: bam ()

^

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-14 06:17 by bam.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 23 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home