Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RIP Troy Gentry
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: September 9, 2017 18:17

Troy Gentry, of Montgomery Gentry dies in helicopter crash

Musician Troy Gentry of Montgomery Gentry
Last Updated Sep 8, 2017 8:47 PM EDT

LUMBERTON, N.J. -- Troy Gentry of country duo Montgomery Gentry has died in a tragic accident. The award-winning singer was killed in a helicopter crash Friday, just hours before a concert, according to a statement from the band's website. He was 50.

The crash occurred in a wooded area as the helicopter approached the Flying W Airport in Medford hours before Montgomery Gentry was due to perform at a resort housed at the airport, authorities said.

The band's website called Gentry's death "tragic" and said details of the crash were unknown.

"Troy Gentry's family wishes to acknowledge all of the kind thoughts and prayers, and asks for privacy at this time," the website said.

[www.cbsnews.com]

Re: RIP Troy Gentry
Date: September 9, 2017 18:20

Photo of Troy Gentry and his wife-and daughter 2015

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: September 9, 2017 19:17

Sad news.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 10, 2017 04:04

So sad....you never know.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 10, 2017 05:10

Feed what's left of him to the bears.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 10, 2017 11:48

I was worried when I saw the thread title.

At least it wasn't Bobbie Gentry: [www.youtube.com]

In country music, there's only one "Gentry".

That guy looked like a pro-wrestler.

I mean, RIP and all, never heard of him before, but thank god Bobbie Gentry is OK.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 10, 2017 12:02

It's not Troy Gentry it's Rainier Wolfcastle...

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 10, 2017 18:31

stonehearted

I mean, RIP and all, never heard of him before, but thank god Bobbie Gentry is OK.

Whats wrong with you?

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: September 10, 2017 23:46

These guys were from Kentucky, Bobbi Gentry, as great as she is or was, hasn't done much else but that one album at about the same time, TSMR came out.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 11, 2017 00:43

Bobbie Gentry recorded six albums between 1967 and 1971, plus an album of duets with Glen Campbell. Then she became disillusioned with the music business and left the spotlight and has lived a reclusive life since, so much so that no one, let alone a few close friends, even knows where she lives.

The "country music" of today isn't real country music; like the sad state of pop, it's a factory of ersatz singing stars littering the soundscape with a forgettable trail of plastic, overproduced, and dated disjecta.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 11, 2017 02:23

Cold...cold...cold. This man left behind a child, wife, parents, cousins...etc. You should be ashamed.

Prayers to the Troy Gentry family and friends!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 11, 2017 02:30

Cooltoplady
stonehearted

Whats wrong with you?

No class at all.

Date: September 11, 2017 05:26

Troy Gentry’s Wife Angie ‘Devastated’ By His Shocking Death — It’s Rocked Her To The Core

Jason Brow
SPORTS EDITOR

The country music world is reeling from the death of Troy Gentry, especially his wife, Angie Gentry. HollywoodLife.com has EXCLUSIVELY learned she’s in shock, as Angie thought Troy was her ‘everything.’

As authorities continue to investigate the helicopter crash that took the life of Troy Gentry, 50, on Sept. 8, his family – wife Angie Gentry and children Kaylee, 14, and Taylor – are struggling to come to terms with this horrific reality.

“Angie and the kids are absolutely devastated by Troy’s death,” a country music insider EXCLUSIVELY tells HollywoodLife.com. “I think they’re still in shock, and it’s going take some time for them to process that he’s actually gone forever.” Considering that Troy and Angie had been together for nearly 20 years, having wed in 1999, it’s no surprise that Angie is having troubles accepting that her other-half is now gone.

“Angie never thought Troy would die before her,” the insider tells HollywoodLife.com, “and she’s been torturing herself by trying to imagine his last moments on earth. Troy was her everything, her champion, and was by her side all throughout her battle with breast cancer—his death has rocked her to the core. Troy was such a bright light, full of energy, and love, the country music world will really miss him.”

Angie was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2014. She fought the disease, undergoing chemotherapy and a double mastectomy. She was able to overcome cancer, and – with help of her husband, Troy – Angie started the “Check Your Headlights” campaign to encourage women to “check their headlights” as early detection raises the odds of breast cancer survival. Troy was by Angie’s side every step of the way, even rocking a pair of Breast Cancer pink Converse All-Stars when posing for a “Check Your Headlights” photo in 2014.

Troy was riding in a helicopter en route to a Montgomery Gentry concert in Medford, New Jersey. The crash happened around noon at the Flying W Airport. The National Transportation Safety Board may be getting involved in this case. Once the pilot realized the aircraft was experiencing mechanical issues, they decided to not attempt a landing. Instead, the pilot hovered until emergency crews could arrive. The helicopter crashed before responders could arrive. Troy and the pilot, identified by Evan Robinson, 30, according to Lex18, were killed in the accident.

Our thoughts continue to go out to Troy’s family and friends during their time of loss.

Date: September 11, 2017 05:26

Date: September 11, 2017 21:30

shadooby
Cold...cold...cold. This man left behind a child, wife, parents, cousins...etc. You should be ashamed.

Prayers to the Troy Gentry family and friends!

I especially feel bad for his pet bear.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 12, 2017 02:42

Your class (or lack thereof) shines.

Date: September 12, 2017 04:14

shadooby
Your class (or lack thereof) shines.

Is that supposed to be an insult? Seriously, @#$%& that guy, dead or not.

He had just enough forewarning to know what was coming. Like a caged animal staring down the barrel of a gun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-12 04:16 by Dan.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 12, 2017 11:09

Chuck Leavell pays a classy tribute, having worked on two Montgomery-Gentry albums: http://www.chuckleavell.com/2017/09/r-i-p-troy-gentry/

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home