Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 37 of 40
Re: Hamburg Germany 09-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: September 12, 2017 12:10

Mick and Keith do enjoy each other's company. When they were in the studio together in NYC in February they got along fine. They were getting along fine in rehearsals. Just because they don't touch each other onstage the first night when they're both trying to concentrate on songs not played in a long time doesn't mean they hate each other. They got along great while making Blue and Lonesome.

Date: September 12, 2017 12:15

chatoyancy
Mick and Keith do enjoy each other's company. When they were in the studio together in NYC in February they got along fine. They were getting along fine in rehearsals. Just because they don't touch each other onstage the first night when they're both trying to concentrate on songs not played in a long time doesn't mean they hate each other. They got along great while making Blue and Lonesome.

T
H
A
N
K

Y
O
U
!
!
!

thumbs up

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 12, 2017 13:09

DP. Yeah it was the first number. But the sound mix gets sorted out quite quickly.

Yes Dande it did at Glastonbury, i was gutted though, when all we heard was Chucks piano, because Keith came out on fire that night.

I see what you mean in Oslo with Ronnie too high in the Mix. That was aweful lol.

I guess the point i was making was does Chuck or Matt need to be playing Keith's parts anyway. Do you think it might be a back up in case Keith messes up or something. Keith is so strong on JJF i don't think he needs backing up, he and Ronnie have that one covered imho.

Date: September 12, 2017 13:12

stone4ever
DP. Yeah it was the first number. But the sound mix gets sorted out quite quickly.

Yes Dande it did at Glastonbury, i was gutted though, when all we heard was Chucks piano, because Keith came out on fire that night.

I see what you mean in Oslo with Ronnie too high in the Mix. That was aweful lol.

I guess the point i was making was does Chuck or Matt need to be playing Keith's parts anyway. Do you think it might be a back up in case Keith messes up or something. Keith is so strong on JJF i don't think he needs backing up, he and Ronnie have that one covered imho.

Chuck would play on anything. My guess is that they didn't really plan anything here - he just plays along, instead of waiting till the chorus comes.

There's no need for a keyboard playing the JJF-riff.

Date: September 12, 2017 13:23

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever

Chuck would play on anything. My guess is that they didn't really plan anything here - he just plays along, instead of waiting till the chorus comes.

Would you agree Chuck can be a bit annoying then lol. winking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 12, 2017 13:34

HankM
Librarian
I had written a reply quoting some old reviews, 20 year sold, saying the same ol things.... Keith this, Mick that. Charlie blah, blah

In other words:
I says, Hey! You! Get off of my *cloud
Hey! You! Get off of my cloud
Hey! You! Get off of my cloud

*Cloud being the state I am after hearing the Stones. Happy....oh that brings another favorite to mind.
smileys with beer

People been bitching and whining and crying and blah blah blahing about my band for 20...30..40 years... saying they are too old... and they are too this... and too that... and yaddayaddablahblah.... and here they are, IN 2017!!!! STILL ROCKING OUT 82000 HAPPY PEOPLE!!! and what do curmudgeon commenters have to say about that??? the same ol things.... Keith this, Mick that. Charlie blah, blah grinning smiley

It seems one thing in this world which people hate to do, and that is give a man(or woman) his/her due when they earned it, when they proved, over and over.... but still it is not enough...

I am so happy my Stones are still out here playing live.... it is AWESOME!!! Makes me HAPPY

smileys with beersmileys with beer
Jeroen

Date: September 12, 2017 13:34

stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
stone4ever

I really like his organ and Fender Rhodes-playing (not on everything, though).

His piano-playing is good, but a bit too honky tonk-ish for my liking on some songs.

He's probably one of the nicest guys around, though smiling smiley

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: September 12, 2017 13:54

I think it says something quite shocking about the state of openness and honesty in the band that nobody has took Keith to one side and suggested Ronnie takes the solo in Symapathy. Cos it's as sad as watching Fat Elvis.

Date: September 12, 2017 14:02

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
stone4ever

I really like his organ and Fender Rhodes-playing (not on everything, though).

His piano-playing is good, but a bit too honky tonk-ish for my liking on some songs.

He's probably one of the nicest guys around, though smiling smiley

Absolutely , he is a very kind and caring man who does a lot for conservation and the environment. I believe he gets Keith on board for some of his projects.

Date: September 12, 2017 14:25

vertigojoe
I think it says something quite shocking about the state of openness and honesty in the band that nobody has took Keith to one side and suggested Ronnie takes the solo in Symapathy. Cos it's as sad as watching Fat Elvis.

Ain't gonna happen baby !!

Do you remember when Mick Taylor kept coming on for the encore Satisfaction and Keith didn't even let him take any of the solo. After several failed attempts of Keith having the generosity of passing a lead in Taylor's direction, Taylor was reduced to standing like a lemon with an acoustic guitar and a bemused look across his face.

You have to realize Mick and Keith have joint ownership of this band.
No one can tell Keith what to do, as long as Mick and Keith agree with certain aspects of things that's it. No one gets a look in.

If you own a business and you enjoy certain tasks, would you have an employee coming up to you and saying excuse me but can i do that job, i can do a better job of it than you !!
Say you enjoy selecting the staff who work for you in your business. Are you gonna let one of your employees do that job for you because they know more about the work involved.
Well this is Mick and Keith's business and Mick certainly is not going to tread on Keith's shoe's when it comes to what solo's he takes and how long he wants to play a certain solo. Just as Keith will not tell Mick what to sing.

This is life , this is reality, you just need to except this is the way it is with the Rolling Stones.

Stones Dust Off 'Dancing With Mr. D,' 'Play With Fire' at Tour Opener
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: September 11, 2017 04:46

See Rolling Stones Dust Off 'Dancing With Mr. D,' 'Play With Fire' at Tour Opener
Band also digs out "Under My Thumb" for first time in decade at No Filter Tour opener in Hamburg, Germany

The Rolling Stones' first concert of 2017 and first gig in nearly a year boasted a trio of major surprises as the band dusted off songs they had not performed live in decades.

When the Rolling Stones announced their No Filter European tour in May, the band promised "a couple of unexpected tracks each night, and randomly selected surprises," and they fulfilled that promise at the trek-opening concert Saturday in Hamburg, Germany.

The biggest surprise of the night was the unpredictable revival of "Dancing With Mr. D," the Goats Head Soup opener that Mick Jagger and company hadn't performed live since a European tour in support of that album in 1973.

Following "Dancing With Mr. D" came another track the Stones hadn't played live in over a decade: Like on the Rolling Stones' 50 and Counting Tour, the band has reserved a slot in its setlist for a fan-voted track. The winning song for the Hamburg show was their classic "Under My Thumb," which the Stones had not performed live since November 2006. The song beat out "Emotional Rescue" and "All Down the Line."

Article & video: [www.rollingstone.com]

Re: Stones Dust Off 'Dancing With Mr. D,' 'Play With Fire' at Tour Opener
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 11, 2017 05:19

They did good job with Mr. D I thought; Mick is sounding and looking great; I'm a little hestitating about most of the rest of it, at this early juncture anyway.

Date: September 11, 2017 05:27

Mr D is a keeper. It's off to a great start!

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: September 11, 2017 09:27

Keep Mr.D......its different.

Date: September 11, 2017 10:56

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 11, 2017 11:46

"Dancing With Mr.D" was great in Hamburg, must keep it in the setlist!!!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 11, 2017 11:50

Loved Mr D. Played well and sounded great. It was a pleasure to see it there.
Still on a high from the Gig.
Jeroen

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 11, 2017 12:16

Mr D was fantastic. It wasn't executed perfectly but who really cares too much about that. It was the willingness of them returning to a track they had abandoned long, long ago. And if they continue to play it, it will get better.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 11, 2017 12:36

Here is the film I shot of Dancing With Mr D at Hamburg on Saturday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-11 12:37 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: September 11, 2017 12:47

Keep Mr. D in setlist!! Great, different and sounds good live.

Play With Fire (or another similar song like Mother's little helper) would be great too.

Date: September 11, 2017 12:50

RG

Play With Fire (or another similar song like Mother's little helper) would be great too.

I think PWF is in the ballad slot, where we used to have Angie or Wild Horses.

But, by all means, add Mother's Little Helper in another slot! Alternate with Paint It, Black or another 60s number, perhaps?

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 11, 2017 12:54

Maybe Angie was dropped because Angela Merkel used it in her campaign some years ago, and now there is also political campaign time in Germany.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-11 12:55 by 1962.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: September 11, 2017 13:16

DandelionPowderman
RG

I think PWF is in the ballad slot, where we used to have Angie or Wild Horses.

But, by all means, add Mother's Little Helper in another slot! Alternate with Paint It, Black or another 60s number, perhaps?

Oh yes! Paint it Black is still a good song of course, but we've heard it many many times live. MLH would be a very nice replacement.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 11, 2017 20:34

'Mother's Little Helper' !!

Not done since 1966, right?
eye popping smiley

No way no way no way.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 11, 2017 22:22

Mr D was great! A bit of a flub here and there but it worked fantastically!

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 12, 2017 04:48

I would have flown half way across the world to have been there for Mr. D!

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Nod to the Beatles and a Promise they're Not Slowing Down
Date: September 12, 2017 04:51

The Rolling Stones kick off their No Filter tour in Hamburg... with a nod to The Beatles and a promise that they're not slowing down any time soon

Read more: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Re: Nod to the Beatles and a Promise they're Not Slowing Down
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 12, 2017 10:21

The good old Daily Mail true to form.

This article, full of gushing adulation, the next will likely be wholesale ridicule.

Kind of mirrors the range of attitudes within the IORR pages these days don't you think winking smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 12, 2017 13:03

Spud
The good old Daily Mail true to form.

This article, full of gushing adulation, the next will likely be wholesale ridicule.

Kind of mirrors the range of attitudes within the IORR pages these days don't you think winking smiley

As soon as you mentioned 'Daily Mail', I knew to place zero value on what was written. A thoroughly despicable, contemptible, poisonously manipulative ill informed propaganda rag with less value than a roll of economy toilet paper.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-12 13:07 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 12, 2017 13:17

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-12 13:20 by Happy24.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 37 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home