Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 40
Re: Hamburg Germany 09-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 11, 2017 01:51

Interesting that aside from Brown Sugar, the Sticky Fingers album was completely ignored.
No Bitch, Wild Horses, Dead Flowers, CYHMK....not even Moonlight Mile which they played nicely during the Zip Code tour!
Maybe one of the above will make an appearance somewhere down the road of this Euro tour.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 11, 2017 02:43

black n blue
35love
Hairball, I wondered the exact SFTD opener- while I loved it, I was thinking Mick probably wants a solid punch / how about 'You Got Me Rocking Now'

and I must state:
Ron Wood is an Arabian thorough bred horse. Of the stud variety.
Please no

I didn't mean it, ah, grossly. Respect.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: September 11, 2017 02:45

Cristiano Radtke
"Back on the job #StonesHamburg #StonesNoFilter"

[twitter.com]

Back on the job...indeed.

Re: tonight set list
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 11, 2017 03:40

LukeTheDrifter
Where the f is Back To Zero?! Or Winning Ugly?
This is a travesty!

Hey! Long time no posts..thumbs up

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 11, 2017 03:59

On getting in, did anyone have the early entry package(s), and if so, what time did they open that gate?

What time did they first let most people in?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 11, 2017 04:30

I think with K and R playing fat groovy fun rhythm together; and little licks here and there; and leave the rest to Derek Trucks; tell him he cam bring Susan to sing with Sarah so that should wrap him up; tell him to bring his bass player and piano and you can let go of Chuck and Matt and good ol' Darryl; I mean we should be able to get the gross members down from 11 to 9 at least with some changeups, you'd have the best guitar player in the world in just about any bluesy rocking thing in the world; Mick Taylor level and beyond; whatever bass player HE digs is the guy, whatever piano player HE digs is the guy; Dump Chuckie and really get some southern soul in there...straight from the heart of the original Allmans, that should do it; play anything they want any era or the same things over and over agian; won't matter; it will be ace and perfect, Mick is still engaging and delightful doing his telethon emcee job there; sounds great looks great; the band is not a total catastrophe; ok first night jitters maybe; or narcotics who knows...i mean it's wonderful and also the band's not keeping up with the front; as beautifully as the second line is doing a really good job; this is just first impressions i' will spend more time with it; it seems kinda better than last year but not so very alive; mick is great; the design and lighting and stage are great; a lotta great; the power of the integrated band not so very up to snuff yet I don't think upon first few listens of a fw tracks; gooed stuff tho; mr, d and a lot of things; i wn't shite on it but first impre4ssion not so very in the groove or excitint tho Ron has nice moments and Mick is great imo.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 11, 2017 04:50

Post by Ronnie on his Instagram account (stories):

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: September 11, 2017 04:56

On paper, a brilliant show with the kind of setlist we've been asking for for years. Based on the various cellphone clips... a less than perfect execution. But they've got the rest of the tour to get that right. Well done, boys.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 11, 2017 05:20

How was the opening act last night?

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: September 11, 2017 07:34

Olly
chatoyancy
It was only the first show. Keith takes time to warm up. Literally. Usually he takes off his jacket. He was cold last night. He is not an extrovert like Jagger. That's why he always had to have a strong drink before a show. But since he cut down on the liquor he has to deal soberly with a sudden crowd of 80,000 people. Not easy for a shy guy. Give him time.

He certainly wasn't smiling as much as usual during the first numbers. I noticed he was touching his nose frequently, however.

His old lady was there. He was as sober as he gets.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 11, 2017 07:40

"Rolling Stones departing Hamburg heading to the next gig in Munich"

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 11, 2017 08:01

MAF wrote: "Police said 15000 Fans were listening outside the gates..."

Oh, big number. Much more than the fans who were listening outside the gates of Hyde Park (2013) and Circus Maximus (2014).

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: September 11, 2017 08:16

dcba
Good to have you back D&G! thumbs up
. Thanks I come back for the music and infectious fans. Looked like a pretty good first night.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 11, 2017 10:13

Fillmore

I never was Jaggers biggest fan, but now i have to think about that. Man, did he sing and perform great last night!
Richards played his solo. In different songs. In different keys. Often in the same key the song was in. Looking sharp, wise, great. A bit old, but he is. Still wouldn´t wanna mess with him. It´s good that he is anywhere, right? Mr Holz (thanks for that one, Sir Mick) is a living piece of guitar rocking comedy and almost slapstick. Worth his weight in gold! Mr Watts looked better than ever and played like a young god. Fowler rocks and grooves, Karl Denson is where he belongs now! Great tone, cool person, all thumbs up. Sascha Allen is good, although I still "think" about Lisa Fisher in the 90ies concerts.

Love this review, thank you! smiling smiley

Date: September 11, 2017 10:21

mpj200
Olly
chatoyancy
It was only the first show. Keith takes time to warm up. Literally. Usually he takes off his jacket. He was cold last night. He is not an extrovert like Jagger. That's why he always had to have a strong drink before a show. But since he cut down on the liquor he has to deal soberly with a sudden crowd of 80,000 people. Not easy for a shy guy. Give him time.

He certainly wasn't smiling as much as usual during the first numbers. I noticed he was touching his nose frequently, however.

His old lady was there. He was as sober as he gets.

As he gets

Love it! grinning smiley

Date: September 11, 2017 10:29

Did people here call this version «rubbish»? It's not really slow either (bpm). And it's guitar-heavy. What are we complaining about again? confused smiley

Compare it to Texas 2006, and say that again. This is a way superior version, imo.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: September 11, 2017 10:34

Who played acoustic guitar on Satisfaction?

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: September 11, 2017 10:36

From das BILD:

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: September 11, 2017 10:36

Five reasons for seeing the NoFilter tour

1.The new show opener - I think if there was something called « jaw-o-meter», measuring the jaws falling as RS opened with Sympathy, the jaw-o-meter would be on 11. At least in the IORR camp present.  And putting Gimme Shelter as an encore, "finally" acknowledges its status as one of the most known songs in their catalogue.

2.The long set list. Enough said.

3.The willingness to change up the order and throw in all those goodies:  the blues numbers, the mesmerizing Play with Fire, the swagger of Under My thumb, the utter masterpiece Mr D.  YCAGWYW early in the show, and without the choir. 

4. Slipping Away - just so moving, a showstopper really. 

5.The new stage design. STUFISH really upped the game here. Loved it. The four LED towers, resembling four smartphones standing side by side is very effective and stylish IMO. They also projects knife sharp images (with the exception of the mini cameras on Charlies drums). Loved the way each screen made it possible to focus on one person. Also, instead of the usual widescreen image, with a small subject and a lot of deadspace left and right, the standing format naturally "follows" the human bodyshape. We get much closer to the subject while still seeing their singing/playing. And the graphics are fresher and less tacky this time around.

It would not be a perfect evening without the absolutely wonderful IORR crew – it´s such a special treat meeting up beforehand and going there together. Highly recommended.
Thanks a lot grzegorz67 (best Hamburg tourguide ever), DP, ManofWealthandTaste, Silver Dagger, ErwinH and his funny brother, Steinschlag and great friend.
See you all soon smiling smiley 

Date: September 11, 2017 10:38

Just Your Fool:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 11, 2017 10:39

Ride 'Em On Down:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 11, 2017 11:12

Thanks Dandelion.

Blues songs played for 82,000... Only the Stones can do that.

Date: September 11, 2017 11:20

As for the UMT clip Dandelion gave us, the high quality of the sound make me being absolutely sure: Folks, the version is excellent!

Date: September 11, 2017 11:21

padre69

Brian Jones.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: September 11, 2017 11:24

laertisflash
As for the UMT clip Dandelion gave us, the high quality of the sound make me being absolutely sure: Folks, the version is excellent!

Agreed. I really enjoyed it and Keith did a very nice job with it.

Date: September 11, 2017 11:24

RobberBride
Five reasons for seeing the NoFilter tour

1.The new show opener - I think if there was something called « jaw-o-meter», measuring the jaws falling as RS opened with Sympathy, the jaw-o-meter would be on 11. At least in the IORR camp present.  And putting Gimme Shelter as an encore, "finally" acknowledges its status as one of the most known songs in their catalogue.

2.The long set list. Enough said.

3.The willingness to change up the order and throw in all those goodies:  the blues numbers, the mesmerizing Play with Fire, the swagger of Under My thumb, the utter masterpiece Mr D.  YCAGWYW early in the show, and without the choir. 

4. Slipping Away - just so moving, a showstopper really. 

5.The new stage design. STUFISH really upped the game here. Loved it. The four LED towers, resembling four smartphones standing side by side is very effective and stylish IMO. They also projects knife sharp images (with the exception of the mini cameras on Charlies drums). Loved the way each screen made it possible to focus on one person. Also, instead of the usual widescreen image, with a small subject and a lot of deadspace left and right, the standing format naturally "follows" the human bodyshape. We get much closer to the subject while still seeing their singing/playing. And the graphics are fresher and less tacky this time around.

It would not be a perfect evening without the absolutely wonderful IORR crew – it´s such a special treat meeting up beforehand and going there together. Highly recommended.
Thanks a lot grzegorz67 (best Hamburg tourguide ever), DP, ManofWealthandTaste, Silver Dagger, ErwinH and his funny brother, Steinschlag and great friend.
See you all soon smiling smiley 

Hear, hear! thumbs up

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 11, 2017 11:27

ironbelly
The fact they shuffle the set list a bit does not cancel the fact that there were

So, basically we got 1 obscurity (Mr. D), 2 new songs, 2 (or 3) rarely played (but still well known from Hot Rocks - UMT, PWF, SFM).

Why so much excitement? The fact they shuffle warhorses? I would say - this is a typical set list.

I take it you werent there?
Go see for yourself! It was exciting as hell!!!
The setlist was mindblowing and awesome and sweer and touching and rocking.

Cheers
Schwonek

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 11, 2017 11:28

Nate
Anyone have a rough idea of how many the pit holds?

Thanks

The No Filter pit is a bit smaller than the Tongue Pit. I will assume there were 250-300 people during the show on Ronnie side and 300-350 Keith side in Hamburg. The Tongue pit was 300-400 people capacity, some times packed, some times ok, but a bit larger area wise.

Bjornulf

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 11, 2017 11:28

Great, thanks.

DandelionPowderman
Just Your Fool:

[www.youtube.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 11, 2017 11:45

DandelionPowderman
padre69

Brian Jones.

I thought this was some "Clavinet" sound almost sounding like an acoustic. I hated it. It was played by Matt Clifford. He does the "choir" sound on YCAGWYW and the "harp" sound on Miss You too. I think they would sound better without him. But it's okay. It was one of the best concerts I have been to. Perfect sound, special songs, Just Your Fool, a long show, 22 songs. THAT WAS GREAT

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1076
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home