Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 40
Re: Hamburg Germany 09-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: September 10, 2017 18:53

Great setlist!

(btw, I was not there)

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 10, 2017 18:56

Manofwealthandtaste
Well, that was fun! Good Morning Hamburg.
A gig to remember. The set list speaks for itself but as the first half of the show unfolded there were whoops of joy as each intro floated out across the audience. A very effective stage set which might look odd in daylight but works really well in the dark. All the band were on fine form and looking fantastic...is this really 2017?!

Great fun sharing the experience with Silver Dagger, Dandelion Powderman, Robber Bride, Wild Sliwowitz, Irwin and others whose names i apologise for missing in the haze....

Where was Mr. Jimmy?

plexi

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 10, 2017 19:20

Re: Mick and Ronnie 'covering' for Keith at times. That's what a great band does, they support each other. Always been the mark of the Stones is that they complement each other. And if the others are not supporting Keith, well, he has carried the rest of them at times in the past.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 10, 2017 19:31

wonderboy
Re: Mick and Ronnie 'covering' for Keith at times. That's what a great band does, they support each other. Always been the mark of the Stones is that they complement each other. And if the others are not supporting Keith, well, he has carried the rest of them at times in the past.

Keith carried Ronnie's ass from 81' to 05'

For what ever reason Keith wasn't 100 percent, Ok i get that, but some of the bashing on the last few pages stinks of hatred towards the man.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 10, 2017 19:36

stone4ever
wonderboy

For what ever reason Keith wasn't 100 percent, Ok i get that, but some of the bashing on the last few pages stinks of hatred towards the man.

smileys with beerhot smiley
Jeroen

Date: September 10, 2017 19:44

corriecas
stone4ever
wonderboy

smileys with beerhot smiley
Jeroen

Thank's that's cool Jeroen, you are a good guy, i really appreciate your input on iorr, it doesn't go unnoticed smileys with beer

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: September 10, 2017 20:06

Silver Dagger
OK - just woken up in Hamburg and am pinching myself to make sure I didn't dream how great that show was. Here's Dancing With Mr D from last night.video: [youtu.be]

Thanks for posting this great track

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 10, 2017 20:13

Yeah that doesn't look very good indeed, when did that spilling accident happen ? Too late to get him to change trousers quickly in the back ?

GJB
[www.youtube.com]

Dancing with Mr D. Recorded from the pit last night.

Sorry about my singing...

Some lowlife stole your video : [www.youtube.com] !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-10 20:16 by gotdablouse.

Date: September 10, 2017 20:21

Still no clips of JJF ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-10 20:42 by stone4ever.

Posted by: johnypar ()
Date: September 10, 2017 20:39

GJB
I can just imagine the scene at Stones Headquarters..

Mick: "Can someone check the IORR board - finally they must be happy since we have played rare songs, changed the setlist up, and extended it to 22 songs?"

Chuck: "No, they are just talking about Keiths trousers"

Charlie: "Why do we bother!?!"

Only joking of course. winking smiley
smiling bouncing smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 10, 2017 20:41

<Keith carried Ronnie's ass from 81' to 05'> Partly true but Ronnie was sober on the Licks Tour and played very well. Not sure how sober he was for ABB but he played very well then too. I think he was at his drunken sloppiest on B2B Tour.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 10, 2017 20:42

stone4ever
wonderboy

The(perceived) Mick hater hates the (perceived) Keith haters as he turns the hate on Ronnie.

Good lawd.
Love 'em all.

Ronnie wouldn't still be a Stone, if the statement was true. Even during his worst most drunken years, Ronnie lit up the stage with flashes of brilliance.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: September 10, 2017 20:49

stone4ever
Still no clips of JJF ?

[www.youtube.com]

Be warned, you may require sunglasses for the unnecessary screen effects at the beginning and end of the video.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-10 20:50 by Olly.

Date: September 10, 2017 20:54

HonkeyTonkFlash
Partly true but Ronnie was sober on the Licks Tour and played very well. Not sure how sober he was for ABB but he played very well then too. I think he was at his drunken sloppiest on B2B Tour.

I think he was most away with the fairy's in the 90's
During the Licks Tour he was off and on.
I don't hold it against him, he did what he did, he had his problems with drink and he came through it all.
I just get disappointed that when keith makes mistakes its exaggerated so much.
Ronnie did tours he doesn't even remember, he let the band and the fans down night after night, but Keith is a little off last night and its like everyone jumps on him. I'm sure Keith will come back next show firing on all four cylinders, lets just give him the benefit of the doubt.
Maybe he is past it, but lets not judge him on opining night, why can't people wait and see if he improves before they bash him.
I actually think he played ok last night.
I mean Mick doesn't run about anymore or sing as well as he used to, but he still has something to offer. Charlie is not the same drummer as he was but he is still great. Ronnie is nailing it over the last few years, its brilliant, but do we need to bash keith because he isn't getting better like Ronnie.
Ronnie is a one in a million, that's not keith's fault, keith doesn't get old to spite us, he doesn't do it on purpose. He just is old with arthritis, but he must try so hard to keep up, it must take a lot of effort and bravery.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 10, 2017 21:11

stone4ever
HonkeyTonkFlash
Partly true but Ronnie was sober on the Licks Tour and played very well. Not sure how sober he was for ABB but he played very well then too. I think he was at his drunken sloppiest on B2B Tour.

I think he was most away with the fairy's in the 90's
During the Licks Tour he was off and on.
I don't hold it against him, he did what he did, he had his problems with drink and he came through it all.
I just get disappointed that when keith makes mistakes its exaggerated so much.
Ronnie did tours he doesn't even remember, he let the band and the fans down night after night, but Keith is a little off last night and its like everyone jumps on him. I'm sure Keith will come back next show firing on all four cylinders, lets just give him the benefit of the doubt.
Maybe he is past it, but lets not judge him on opining night, why can't people wait and see if he improves before they bash him.
I actually think he played ok last night.
I mean Mick doesn't run about anymore or sing as well as he used to, but he still has something to offer. Charlie is not the same drummer as he was but he is still great. Ronnie is nailing it over the last few years, its brilliant, but do we need to bash keith because he isn't getting better like Ronnie.
Ronnie is a one in a million, that's not keith's fault, keith doesn't get old to spite us, he doesn't do it on purpose. He just is old with arthritis, but he must try so hard to keep up, it must take a lot of effort and bravery.

Yeah, people need to face up to the fact that it's not 1972 or 1981 or even 1990 anymore. Keith is in his seventies and does the best he still can which we should be grateful for. I think he still has the potential to deliver a great show once he's warmed up more. Personally I think he was great in the Cuba gig (except for the solo that required auto-tune! smiling smiley ) and that wasn't all that long ago. Although I would agree that there are some places where he should hand over the solos to Ronnie but everyone knows that moments like SFTD are iconic Keith solos...even if he can't manage them too well anymore. People expect a Keith lead in that song, IORR, HTW to name a few.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 10, 2017 21:18

nikola0406
Please show some respect to Keith. If something bad happened to him he would not change his guitars between songs while staying in wet pants. That doesnt make much sense.

thumbs up

Posted by: nikola0406 ()
Date: September 10, 2017 21:22

By the way how strict they were on backpacks? Can you really bring in just A5 size one or not?

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: September 10, 2017 21:23

gotdablouse
Yeah that doesn't look very good indeed, when did that spilling accident happen ? Too late to get him to change trousers quickly in the back ?

GJB
[www.youtube.com]

Dancing with Mr D. Recorded from the pit last night.

Sorry about my singing...

Some lowlife stole your video : [www.youtube.com] !

I saw this.. What can you do eh! I ended up clicking on it myself then I was annoyed I'd just given them one more view(!)

Date: September 10, 2017 21:32

Olly
stone4ever
Still no clips of JJF ?

[www.youtube.com]

Be warned, you may require sunglasses for the unnecessary screen effects at the beginning and end of the video.

Thanks Olly, that clip alone proves this band still Rock. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 10, 2017 21:37

Bjornulf Thank You beautiful pictures--- The band looks FANTASTIC!
Look forward to the published reviews--
Goodness I'm overwhelmed at the magnitude---
haven't yet watched all the clips (Thank You GJB 'Dancing w/D' up next)
I love The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: September 10, 2017 21:44

Maybe a bit late, but here is my "five cents":

what a fantastic way to start a tour! The setlist, great gosh, what a setlist! The interaction between Jagger and the audience was interesting to look at, those northmen seem a bit "colder", compared to southern audiences.

I never was Jaggers biggest fan, but now i have to think about that. Man, did he sing and perform great last night!
Richards played his solo. In different songs. In different keys. Often in the same key the song was in. Looking sharp, wise, great. A bit old, but he is. Still wouldn´t wanna mess with him. It´s good that he is anywhere, right? Mr Holz (thanks for that one, Sir Mick) is a living piece of guitar rocking comedy and almost slapstick. Worth his weight in gold! Mr Watts looked better than ever and played like a young god. Fowler rocks and grooves, Karl Denson is where he belongs now! Great tone, cool person, all thumbs up. Sascha Allen is good, although I still "think" about Lisa Fisher in the 90ies concerts.
I love the slower speed a couple of songs were played in. Fine tuned and groovin´to the max. Good stuff.
I could live without a few of the so-called warhorses but I can live with them as well very well. And the "masses" might need them.

The way back to Munich today had it´s tricks - my flight with Lufthansa was cancelled - and all the following ones were overbooked. But now - home sweet home, getting ready for Olympiastadion on Tuesday.

For a couple of hours I almost had started whining about the stress to get to that concert - and spending the time waiting for it. With the first beats of SFTD (my heart literally skipped a beat) everything was alright again. Enjoy while you can - concerts like the one in Hamburg are worth every effort.

Thank you and good night
fillmore

Date: September 10, 2017 21:45

I don't know what some of you guys are on about.
In this clip of Sympathy and IORR, Keith plays fine after the first botched solo.
If this was his worst two numbers he played in 2.5 hours, it wasn't as bad as all that.
He and Ronnie high 5 after SFTD.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: September 10, 2017 21:45

Anyone who knows where to find that long sleeved red/white t-shirt Mick wore or is it limited Jagger-edition?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 10, 2017 21:48

MacLaurens
Anyone who knows where to find that long sleeved red/white t-shirt Mick wore or is it limited Jagger-edition?

UK: [store.digitalstores.co.uk]

USA: [therollingstonesshop.com]

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: September 10, 2017 21:48

Thanks!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 10, 2017 21:49

MacLaurens

[store.digitalstores.co.uk]

I saw it in the merchandise stands at the show.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 10, 2017 21:53

GJB: Made my day! Grinning,
please keep this song in the show
that is some sexy guitar dance beat
'Dancing so free, keep your hands off of me'
is that what he's saying?
No problem, but I can match your shimmy.
Woooo Hoooooo
beautiful blue

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: September 10, 2017 22:00

WOW what a depressing last 5 pages i read!! I did'nt read the whole thread but it sounds like a bunch of negative weirdo's that were not at the show or were somewhere else maybe they need to be at a Justin Beiber show and listen to pre made up music comming from a computer! These guys are old time Rock'n Roll! They actually play there instuments and they all played good as an opeaner it was the best opeaner i've seen the Stones play and i've seen quite a few! Best Paint it Black i've ever seen completly insane they took that to another level that i've ever heard. The show was excellent and the way it sounds this is going to be a hell of a tour! By the way to all this Keith bashing you guys would not even know how to play his guitar all his guitar's are in different tunnings that's what great musicians do! that's why it might sound out of tune to you because you are not on his level!

Posted by: thijs1981 ()
Date: September 10, 2017 22:38

Watched some videos. Dudes are old, but played real well in general!
I thought it was touching how they covered for each other now and again.
For instance when first Charlie and then Mick lost track in Mr D.
The band saved them. Listen to Bernard saving Mick graciously at the end when he skip half a bar.

Posted by: frysberg ()
Date: September 10, 2017 22:47

Will the scene be the same on the other concerts?
I bought a ticket in front of the GA but not in the pit. Will I be able to stand in front of "the end of the cat walk"?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home