Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 40
Re: Hamburg Germany 09-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: September 10, 2017 12:29

How could they leave out a Chuck Berry number?

Otherwise, a few surprises and change to the running order of the predictable.

We must be grateful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-10 19:06 by Harlem Shuffler.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: September 10, 2017 12:32

[www.youtube.com]

Dancing with Mr D. Recorded from the pit last night.

Sorry about my singing...

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: September 10, 2017 12:32

stone4ever
I'm a bit confused by some comments, Keith can't be crap and lazy and brilliant at the same time.

Well, that's easy: perception is relative.
There have been 82.000 different gigs last night, hehehe ...

grinning smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 10, 2017 12:47

stone4ever
I'm a bit confused by some comments, Keith can't be crap and lazy and brilliant at the same time.

he is old. He does what he's able to do these days. Sometimes it sounds great, sometimes he seems to be somehow lost. It's just a simple as that. If you watch him you get the impression that he is some 10-15 years older than Jagger, Wood und Watts. Still he has his good moments

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 10, 2017 12:50

stone4ever

I think its fair to say that Keith might have had a wee bit too much weed or something to calm first night nerves, and he wasn't very mobile, but he still put everything into the music nevertheless.
Its a bit of a stretch to say Ronnie was great and Keith was terrible. From what i have seen, apart from a mess up on Keith's first Sympathy solo in the wrong key ), he had a very successful first night ( for him, Keith is rarely great on first nights )
There's a lot more pressure on Keith than Ronnie, Ronnie is more of a filler in his guitar work, ( ok he does have a few great solo's to play ) but Keith's guitar is the main structure of the whole sound of most songs played. So much rides on Keith and it looks like the boys really have put everything into rehearsing these new songs together and re structuring the format of the delivery on most of the songs they played last night.
It all feels fresh and new, even the stage and lights. I thought this was what we all wanted. I find it hard to believe they have gone to all this time trouble and expense for 14 shows. I think they intend to carry on for a couple more years health permitting.

This show has won me over, its almost as though Mick has been listening to some of the criticism of the band and the setlists.
I thought Mick was magnificent, Under My Thumb just blew me away, he has never sang it better and i hope they keep it in the set every night.
With the songs slowed down a bit and also with Mick slowing down a bit, starting with Sympathy for instance, it gave him so much more breath to concentrate on his singing. He sounded better than for years, i take back any criticism i have of the man, he is truly unbelievable.
The setlist was very clever in this respect, we had songs in the mix that allowed Mick and the band time to catch their breath. I think these 14 shows will go down as the best set of dates since they started the 2012 50th celebrations. I think this show has the potential to eclipse the 05' 06' 07' tours. Not bad for a band of men in their mid 70's. They are taking this seriously and it obviously matters so much to them that they are not just seen as carrying on for the sake of it.( Like Eric Clapton for instance ) The Stones are trying something new at last, and my word it is paying off. Can't wait for Paris, i'm so pleased i got these tickets now, they are still THE nkhiGREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND IN THE WORL D smoking smileyt
My God could this band be getting better atrs delivering a more complete performance. I think so.

Completely agree.this was an amazing gig.band was very focused on delivering.think they carry on 5 more years.jaggers voice was great.am still on a high.unbelievable great band.
Jeroen

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 10, 2017 12:52

Fantastic setlist !

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 10, 2017 12:59

waterrats
stone4ever

grinning smiley

Haha i see what you mean

I suppose i mean, what are they comparing Keith to. Its all relative.
If you compare him to 1990 or 93' then he wasn't so good. But if they compare him to first night performances over the last ten years, then i think the boy did good, considering first night nerves.
Respect for Keith for not getting drunk and going on stage with an ahh f-ck it attitude.
The man cares enough to show nerves. I'm sure he will improve with every show.
Keith has never been quick off the blocks like Ronnie.
What is really annoying, is that just as Keith gets into his stride, these ridiculously short mini tours come to an end. No good for keith, he needs to build momentum as a player and it takes him many shows to get going. It is what it is, but people expect too much from him.
I know he will come good, just give the old man a break guys.

Looking at this more i don't think Keith was himself, he might not have been well last night. Show the man some respect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-10 13:27 by stone4ever.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: September 10, 2017 13:13

Now that was a pretty solid setlist for Hamburg, too bad they will probably cut it down to 18 or 19 songs as the tour continues.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 10, 2017 13:16

Anyone have a rough idea of how many the pit holds?

Thanks

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: September 10, 2017 13:23

Nate

Thanks

NFP Seemed to be rather small. Perhaps 100-200 approx. (Was at the front of silver pit, from there it seemed small.)

My question: is it possible to change from left to right side of the NFP?

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: September 10, 2017 13:29

stone4ever
waterrats
stone4ever

grinning smiley

Haha i see what you mean

If you compare him to 1990 or 93' then he wasn't so good. But if they compare him to first night performances over the last ten years, then i think the boy did good, considering first night nerves.
Respect for Keith for not getting drunk and going on stage with an ahh f-ck it attitude.
What is really annoying, is that just as Keith gets into his stride, these ridiculously short mini tours come to an end. No good for keith, he needs to build momentum as a player and it takes him many shows to get going. It is what it is, but people expect too much from him.

I don't think Keith did badly at all, and I don't think he was being lazy - rather, I think he was being cautious and careful. I think the other thing is, usually he starts of with a song ripping out chords (e.g. JJF) which gives his fingers the chance to warm up - last night he had to play lead solos pretty much straight up and I think that threw him a bit. So he was cautious, not lazy.... but he was still clearly into it.

Date: September 10, 2017 13:29

Nate

Thanks

first of all: the no filter pit wasn't really overcrowded (at least not on Keith' side). I guess they could have easily moved maybe 50-70 more people in. My guess is that each side of the pit had enough space for some 300 people.

As I mentioned before: many lucky dippers made it to the pit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-10 13:33 by slewan.

Date: September 10, 2017 13:31

slewan
Nate

Thanks

first of all: the no filter bit wasn't really overcrowded (at least not on Keith' side). I guess they could have easily moved maybe 50-70 more people in. My guess is that each side of the pit had enough space for some 300 people.

The Silver Pit seemed super crowded - was that because many people without silver Pit tickets got in?

Date: September 10, 2017 13:33

Stoneswolf
Nate

Thanks

NFP Seemed to be rather small. Perhaps 100-200 approx. (Was at the front of silver pit, from there it seemed small.)

My question: is it possible to change from left to right side of the NFP?

yes, there is a kind of tunnel under the catwalk. But I'm not sure if the let you change the side during the show. But it is rather unlikely (security reasons). Befor the show I joked that the tunnel might be the best place – you will never get closer to Jagger: Him standing 40 cenimeters about you…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-10 13:34 by slewan.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 10, 2017 13:35

john lomax
slewan
Nate

Thanks

first of all: the no filter bit wasn't really overcrowded (at least not on Keith' side). I guess they could have easily moved maybe 50-70 more people in. My guess is that each side of the pit had enough space for some 300 people.

The Silver Pit seemed super crowded - was that because many people without silver Pit tickets got in?

Where I was standing in the Silver Pit there was tons of place. People walked around, got beer etc. And good view!

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: September 10, 2017 13:36

Wonderful photos from BV.
From the beginning to the end of the show
Thank you Bjornulf

Date: September 10, 2017 13:36

john lomax

maybe just because the silver pit tickets were relatively cheap – just 45 Euros more than normal standing

Date: September 10, 2017 13:38

schwonek
john lomax
slewan
Nate

Thanks

Where I was standing in the Silver Pit there was tons of place. People walked around, got beer etc. And good view!

I got stuck - I was there around 4pm and was just checking the area out - I ended up front and centre and suddenly there were people all around me and so I was effectively stuck there for the whole gig - I thought about trying to get out for a beer but I wasn't sure if I'd ever be able to get back!

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 10, 2017 13:42

The Stones wrote: "Now that was a pretty solid setlist for Hamburg, too bad they will probably cut it down to 18 or 19 songs as the tour continues".

I hope 19 - 20, not 18 - 19... No big deal, to me, anyway. We had 19 songs lists, for example, in 2003. Not 5, not 10, but 14 years ago... The most important thing, IMO, is the fact that they still perform over two hours per show. At the age of 74 (more or less) they are performing at high level, with energy, with the strong "team work" spirit, which made the Stones so great and so popular live act. Amazing.

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: September 10, 2017 13:51

thanx for the up date's and all the pix,the band look's HAPPY!

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: September 10, 2017 13:56

frontpage

Date: September 10, 2017 14:11

john lomax
slewan
Nate

Thanks

There was room for more people in the silver pit on Keith's side.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 10, 2017 14:15

? confused smiley I wait for more show reports.
stone4ever
waterrats
stone4ever

grinning smiley

Haha i see what you mean

Looking at this more i don't think Keith was himself, he might not have been well last night. Show the man some respect.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-10 14:26 by powerage78.

Date: September 10, 2017 14:17

laertisflash
The Stones wrote: "Now that was a pretty solid setlist for Hamburg, too bad they will probably cut it down to 18 or 19 songs as the tour continues".

I hope 19 - 20, not 18 - 19... No big deal, to me, anyway. We had 19 songs lists, for example, in 2003. Not 5, not 10, but 14 years ago... The most important thing, IMO, is the fact that they still perform over two hours per show. At the age of 74 (more or less) they are performing at high level, with energy, with the strong "team work" spirit, which made the Stones so great and so popular live act. Amazing.

Expect 22 or 21 songs to stay in the set unless Mick has voice problems or any of the band feel under par.
22 song set was a hell of a surprise to me, i thought it was over before the encore lol. I expected a 90 minute set at this stage in their career, that's all most acts offer at their age. And this is powerful Rock these guys are playing, it takes a lot of energy from even young men. Those lights get real hot towards the last third of the show.

Hey anyone got a clip of JJF yet ?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 10, 2017 14:36

Play With Fire:

Charlie:

Ronnie is good tonight!

More here:

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-10 14:39 by bv.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 10, 2017 14:38

Great photos

Thanks thumbs up

Date: September 10, 2017 14:45

Nate
Great photos

Thanks thumbs up

+1 thumbs up

Getty Images can't take photos as good as these.
Thank you BV.

Posted by: nikola0406 ()

Thanks. Nice photos. Band look fresh.
Blue & Lonesome stuff sound great live.

Posted by: Happy24 ()

Great pictures, bv, thanks for sharing! Did you have any problems getting in the camera?

Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: September 10, 2017 14:58

Topi
karimamilena
- whole organization and transport was good for me (apart from the digi cam part)
- when in Stockholm please play Coming Down Again
- love this rather simple stage a lot

just wow!

Did they check your pockets for the camera? Funny, I was just given a quick pat down, no pocket checks and certainly no metal detectors. Was easy to get some snacks etc.in. I would have been able to get a camera in but didn't want to risk it.

Yes, this girl checked the bag and straightaway said "no camera". She did a very thorough body check and when finished - she started all over again this time with the metal detector. Was nearly about to say "hands off my body b****".

It just shows again that it always depends on the person who checks you. This was the very first time I couldn't take my camera with me. This and the fact that from appr. 4 or 5 pm I had no reception whatsoever was fine in the end. At least this way I was not distracted at all with tech things and was fully focused on the show!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home