Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 40
Re: Hamburg Germany 09-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 10, 2017 01:37

Short review. THIS WAS AMAZING. What a great setlist - never complain again! So many auprises and really a lot of energy from Ron and Mick. Keith seemed distracted but the sound was overwheling. And the screens are jus aweseome!

-> what happened to Keiths pants?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: September 10, 2017 01:37

Nate
odean73
My nephew just text me to say he was blown away with the concert, his mates also.

Amsterdam can't come quick enough.

One of the things I get the most joy from at a concert is seeing the look on people's faces who you can tell have never seen the band before and they are having one of the best nights of their lives.

Nate thumbs up

Same here.thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: September 10, 2017 01:38

Under my thumb sounds great. Good job guys.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: September 10, 2017 01:40

Lots of complaints about Under My Thumb being "too slow". Have you ever listened to a 1969 version? I don't mind a slow UMT.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: kickit ()
Date: September 10, 2017 01:41

Some more Pictures

Posted by: crawdaddy ()

I feel I have been a bit hard on HankM and others who really like periscope etc. and do miss it when it doesn't work or is not there.

I can understand and appreciate why some fans really like live music streams when they have seen it done so well and all goes very smoothly in a live show.

I guess you get used to it and must be annoying when it all goes wrong when you want to watch a top band live,like The Rolling Stones ,and it may be on the other side of the world.
I just accept these things go wrong ,but I do understand how it can be really annoying for some fans.
I hope things get better for people who use periscope etc. for all the upcoming gigs. smileys with beer

Posted by: hopkins ()

Any reviews yet? fans or press? gettin' here way after the show I guess. Still hours b4 sunset my time zone usa. Each and every of these pictures are spectacular imo. As far as looking fkn great; well they do imo. Don't care if it's lighting and makeup and costume and hair people; they all look fit and I'm excited to hear something from this. At least something from the blues LP...i don't ever want to see Miss You in a setlist again but every fan's gonna want something out and something else in; sure a lot of spectacular songs piled up anyway you look at it. So periscope fail from Euro fans thus far? Strange surprise in a way tho some in the know had predicted that here; I mean the last tours it seemed we could pick and choose; even when some of 'em were on and off or sketchy....
....so good news the did a gig; was it sold out? how'd that go?
I like Jagger in that 'Stones' shirt like a jr. college jersey; i like the fashion big stuff he has to do as the lone dancer in huge-ass place, to an extent; but really like the down-dressing and maybe a little step or two from the fluffly flashy...i just felt really compelled to complain about something fairly irrelevant tho; and that's all I can come up with until I hear Miss You from tonight and am back to raise hell.
Oh where's the bass player. OK...right on...warming up. about to take zero bullyshit from Ron-ettes. oh....didn't mean to do that. Charlie looks so great in those pictures, I don't believe that guy; I mean i'm joking but I'm really excited they did a show and there's Charlie; I mean, you got to have that beat. and there's Charlie just looking focused, keyed-in and super! Alright. Someone link something some fan puts up. Jeesh c'mon Europe; Latin America is making you look like you don't know how to use your cell phones. Like me. We gots to hear the music. ty. exciting after all these years eh? A full-on 14 shows, super.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: September 10, 2017 01:42

Honestman
SFTD

Acceptable version, even though it pains me to hear Keith open his solo with playing out of key... However Keith has always made mistakes during the first song it goes way back.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 10, 2017 01:43

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: September 10, 2017 01:43

crawdaddy
smileys with beer
smileys with beer

STONES!!!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 10, 2017 01:44

slewan
I'm just back from the show, thus just a few notes:
- I had a lucky dip ticket and got NO FILTER PIT! In fact a lot of lucky dippers got no filter pit.
- Play with Fire featured Keith on 12-string guitar
- the sound is really, really loud in the pit
- weather was okay - no rain after 5:30 p.m.
- Charlie was forced by the others to come with them all down the catwalk at the end of the show

Great to hear all that good news. thumbs up

Posted by: mnewman505 ()

The way the setlist trickled out tonight you'd have thought it was 1997.

Posted by: Honestman ()

Posted by: slewan ()

hopkins
Any reviews yet? fans or press?

huh? the show ended less than two hours ago

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: September 10, 2017 01:49

Anyone up for a meet up around Landungsbrücken or Reeperbahn?

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: September 10, 2017 01:49

slewan
hopkins

Fan review: 9/10

Positives: Length of setlist, Play with Fire, Street Fighting Man, Keith's playing and singing on slipping away, mixed up some of the big hits in the setlist for variety.

Negatives: Great to hear Dancing with Mr D but it was a little messy - I have a video from the pit I will try to upload tomorrow

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: September 10, 2017 01:50

Cristiano Radtke
I just noticed that today we broke a new record number of users online. smileys with beer

Noticed too, maxed out at 1657. Dig it Cristiano......

Online Users
1962 , 1fatum , AJDuffer , Al65 , Amy340 , Anastasia60 , Aron , atsu69 , bart-man , Bastion , batcave , bleedingman , bobo , brianfly3 , carlitosbaez , Cristiano Radtke , Dan , deardoctor , dennycranium , dimrstone , dj , EddieByword , eibert , EJM , Erik_Snow , falo01 , flottmann1 , franzk , geordiestone , GlimmerGirl24 , goinhome , Grazi , Harlix , Heart for Stones , HomerSimpson , hooked , Hound Dog , IrisC , Janneman , Jos , keithglimmer , Kennedy , kevinkamphuis , KingmanBarstow , kitoise , Kurt , laertisflash , laurel , lenchik , leteyer , Librarian , Lilla Chinchilla , Mabru , MacLaurens , marclaff , MarekM , mariano , maumau , Medzvel , mgmiller , mickjerome , MisterDDDD , mnewman505 , monkeymantoo , mr edward , MRROLLING , MrsEdithGrove , Nate , Night Manager , nonfilter , novica , odean73 , Olly , paulstones , peterbsk , pjb , powerage78 , rastakeith , rebelrebel , rod , rogerriffin , roller99 , Rolling Hansie , RollingTbilisiStones , ron091 , rover , sarahunwin , satisfaction2 , shattered , shattered1978 , shelter , sir sweden , stargroover , stone4ever , STONESat , Stonesfan62 , Tekumseh , The Sicilian , thorgal34 , thrak , Thru and Thru , timbernardis , Tolkmitt , tumblingdice , ultimaterocker , vibrolux , voodoodrew , Walapino , waterrats , witterings , wonderboy , wupperstein , yorkshirestone Guests: 1657 Record Number of Users: 158 on September 9, 2017 14:33 Record Number of Guests: 3948 on December 7, 2015 08:07

Date: September 10, 2017 01:51

mnewman505
The way the setlist trickled out tonight you'd have thought it was 1997.
and no scopes... it was more like the tour of 1792 grinning smiley
alright alright I will stop scope-whining... for today...

Date: September 10, 2017 01:52

I am just delighted my band is still up and rocking and rolling playing live to 820000000 people... that is pretty damned cool

Date: September 10, 2017 01:55

Ride'em on Down:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-10 02:02 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 10, 2017 01:58

Under My Thumb sounded great to me. Very slow and deliberate tempo, but it works for that song.

Sympathy? The same complaints I always have...disjointed, keyboard-heavy, guitars sound like they're coming from a different song. I wish they'd retire it, but I understand why they don't.

Posted by: rastakeith ()
Date: September 10, 2017 01:59

miss you [www.youtube.com]

out of control [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 10, 2017 02:00

The Sicilian
crawdaddy
Really nice setlist, but do we really miss periscope and all these other new fangled thingys to get instant pics/videos etc ?
I certainly don't.
We got plenty of pics courtesy of Cristiano and others, so I can go to bed knowing it was a great gig tonight.

Maybe you don't miss it but I do, and I'm sure many others as well.

While the video feeds on periscope can be iffy at times, I find the most impressive thing about the feed is the sound. The sound is never bad, except for some talkers. Usually the sound is the best part. Quite often it just explodes out of the speakers.

thumbs up

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 10, 2017 02:04

HankM
MarekM
next one

FB Live
Thank you Marek, smileys with beer please come back at the next show and guide us to the FB feeds

MarekM 2017: Hamburg-->Lucca-->Amsterdam thumbs up
smileys with beer

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 10, 2017 02:06

Okay, what was the reality about compact cameras? Did people have trouble getting them, in? All the pictures and videos I have seen so far actually look like made with cell phones, so was it really that bad taht they didn't let any compact cameras in?

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: September 10, 2017 02:06

geordiestone
mtaylor
Hopefully DWMD gets better reception than Luxury in 2014 and continuous through the whole tour
Luxury never been played
Dancing with Mr D was awesome. It had a really great groove and Mick seemed to be really into it - I think he sang it much better than he did in 73. If they keep doing it and get it super tight it will be awesome.....my fear is that they drop it too soon!

Date: September 10, 2017 02:10

john lomax
geordiestone
mtaylor
Hopefully DWMD gets better reception than Luxury in 2014 and continuous through the whole tour
Luxury never been played
Dancing with Mr D was awesome. It had a really great groove and Mick seemed to be really into it - I think he sang it much better than he did in 73. If they keep doing it and get it super tight it will be awesome.....my fear is that they drop it too soon!

I had a discussion with the security head of stuff at the Lucky Dip entrance about my binoculars. She told me they weren't allowed. I said: Binoculars are not on the list. She: They are video equipement. Me: the are just like glasses – a lens to look thruh. She: no. Me: yes. She: No etc. I just ignored her and moved on – nothing happend, altought she could have easily got me since I had to stand in another line to pick up my tickets…

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: September 10, 2017 02:10

GJB
slewan
hopkins

Fan review: 9/10

Positives: Length of setlist, Play with Fire, Street Fighting Man, Keith's playing and singing on slipping away, mixed up some of the big hits in the setlist for variety.

Negatives: Great to hear Dancing with Mr D but it was a little messy - I have a video from the pit I will try to upload tomorrow

I agree with all of that. I think it took Keith a few songs to get warmed up. His singing and playing on Slipping Away were great, loads of feeling. Highlights for me were the two B&L songs, Dancing with Mr D, and I thought Street Fightibng Man was awesome tonight.

Date: September 10, 2017 02:11

john lomax
geordiestone
mtaylor
Luxury never been played

at leat they should rehearse it again. – In the middle it sounded a bit messy

Date: September 10, 2017 02:11

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home