Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Some Girls Live in Texas 1978 format question
Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: September 8, 2017 03:52

Hello,

I am from Argentina and yesterday bought in a record shop ¨Some Girls live in Texas¨ in cd + dvd digipack. Also they have just released Ladies and Gentlemen and Live at the chekerboard lounge with Muddy waters both in cd+dvd digipack format. Digipack as the from the vaults series, same size.

Did not see this kind of format at amazon, just cd with no dvd in jewel case.

Does anybody knows if this are some kind of special releases.

Thanks
Fernando

Re: Some Girls Live in Texas 1978 format question
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 8, 2017 11:09

Who issued that CD+DVD combos? Are there any copyright information?
Can you flip the CD, check the play side, read matrix number and post it here? There should be a string of letters and numbers around the hub of the CD including two IFPI codes. Those ifpi codes will provide you info on the pressing plant and country of origin. I shall not be surprised - the combos you saw are Argentinian products for regional market.

Date: September 8, 2017 13:38

Ironebelly,

this are the numbers I see in the play side of the CD: 41247-1 0416652 / 00.

The companys are Universal and Eagle Rock. I am sure now this are official domestic market releases becouse it is a record and book store chain that dont sell bootlegs where I bouught it.

Many thanks for your help.

Fernando

Date: September 8, 2017 13:58

Fernandobsas
Ironebelly,

this are the numbers I see in the play side of the CD: 41247-1 0416652 / 00.

The companys are Universal and Eagle Rock. I am sure now this are official domestic market releases becouse it is a record and book store chain that dont sell bootlegs where I bouught it.

Many thanks for your help.

Fernando
Fernando, what about ifpi codes? Matrix string is OK, but if you want to know the origin (pressing plant for the CD) you need to look for ifpi.

Here is the list
[wiki.redump.org]
But I am almost 100% positive that you got regional product for Argentina. Here, in EU we had regular DVD-sized packs for CD+DVD combos SGLT 78 and Checkerboard 81. Both are out of print but can be found in selected stores.

Recently we got stand alone CDs of L&G, SGLT and Checkerboard in jewel cases. But no combo yet.

Date: September 8, 2017 15:12

Ironbelly,

IFPI LL02 thats all the numbers I can find in the CD.

Many thanks for your info. I purchased years ago the CD+DVD combo in the rectangular digipack edition, but i was surprised to find this new format now togenther with L&G and Checkerboard.

Sounds logic, if you have this 3 shows in video why not to make CD+DVD combos, but my surprise was that seems that were released only here at least by the moment.

Bye
Fernando

Date: September 8, 2017 22:26

Fernandobsas

IFPI LL02 thats all the numbers I can find in the CD.
This could be Teltron Argentina or Terax (Masterdisc) S.A. Argentina. Anyway, it seem to be product for local market.

Date: September 8, 2017 23:53

Yes it is, it is Teltron Argentina, and its seems a local market product by the moment.

Thanks for your help.
Fernando

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: September 16, 2017 13:27

I see that here in Germany (at Amazon.de and also at jpc.de) the DVD and CD combinations of Some Girls Live In Texas and Checkerboard Lounge (in the rectangular DVD boxes) are no longer available. So maybe these digipacks will be the successors. Let's wait and see...

Date: September 16, 2017 15:55

midnrambler
I see that here in Germany (at Amazon.de and also at jpc.de) the DVD and CD combinations of Some Girls Live In Texas and Checkerboard Lounge (in the rectangular DVD boxes) are no longer available. So maybe these digipacks will be the successors. Let's wait and see...
I believe it is all around EU at this moment. Actually, SGLT CD+DVD combo in rectangular DVD type case was on sale as low as 7 Euros this spring in FNAC in Lisbon. I believe you can find it in regular stores in discounted bins. Though I did not check those recently.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2174
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home