Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11
Re: No Filter 2017 Tour Posters
Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: October 9, 2017 20:21

Hairball
I really want something from this tour for some reason...still hesitating though...
torn between Spielberg Krampus and the Paris Gargoyle....

This is a no brainer: get the Paris poster! The Krampus isn't Stonesy enough...

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 9, 2017 21:02

frenki09
Hairball
I really want something from this tour for some reason...still hesitating though...

The Paris poster is a very good piece of fan art and not official so you won't be able to buy one through official sources.
[www.instagram.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-09 21:03 by Deltics.

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: October 9, 2017 21:29

Doc
The management of the lithos this year is really bullshit.
Abolutely no coherence
No Filter appears on some, No Filter Tour on Copenhague, not at all here.
Sometimes the date comes with the year, sometimes not.
Really amateurish work...

The 2014/2015/2016 lithos were better managed IMO
Still some designs were nice this year.

The inconsistencies in these can be baffling. First of all, I disagree previous years were better managed. I’m looking at two lithos from Buenos Aires, one with “La Plata stadium” and the other with “Estadio Unico”. Also have one from Mexico City that says the city and country, but no tour name. And, Orlando and Columbus are almost identically formatted, but Columbus has the state of Ohio prominent while Orlando has no state, and Columbus has the year while Orlando does not.

I love the fact that we get gig posters (running out of all space currently), but one thing they’ve never had was consistency in information and how it’s presented.

On that note, excites for what they do for Paris. The Paris 14 on Fire litho was meh in my opinion, and there’s a lot in Paris to build some solid artwork from.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 9, 2017 22:29

frenki09
Hairball

An evil looking devilish character with fangs and horns not Stonesy enough?
Before I learned it was loosely based on Krampus, I thought to myself "oooohhhh....excellent...nice and evil....reminds me of Sympathy for the Devil..."

But yeah, I prefer the Gargoyle overall now...in fact I collect gargoyle figurines (tiny, small, medium, and large), and have them displayed and peering out from every nook and cranny at my studio. But as this design is fan art, hope it becomes official. Someone had mentioned that some previous fan art designs were eventually made official. And seeing that there will be three show in Paris, maybe they'll have more than one design?!

Still might but the Spielberg litho as well!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 10, 2017 14:44

Duesseldorf print it sold out.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 10, 2017 15:40

schwonek

Luckyly I bought one yesterday as the fanshop (this time) was empty. But why is this particular print sold out? Probably just a mistake.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-10 15:51 by Harm.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 10, 2017 17:08

Anything for Arnhem, yet?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 10, 2017 17:44

RoughJusticeOnYa

On page two.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: October 10, 2017 18:07

Thx, Deltics!
Hadn't noticed that, earlier.

smileys with beer

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 10, 2017 19:52

Harm
schwonek

Luckyly I bought one yesterday as the fanshop (this time) was empty. But why is this particular print sold out? Probably just a mistake.

The Düsseldorf print can be pre-ordered again.
Release date November 3rd.
Maybe they have been surprised the first batch sold so well...

Just ordered mine...and it has been confirmed.

Date: October 12, 2017 13:41

The Stockholm one is just... well, it's just... I dunno... ouch.

Date: October 12, 2017 13:43

Deltics
RoughJusticeOnYa

On page two.

..P.S.: anybody knows what the inspiration for this one was?
f.i.: is there a Museum At The End Of The Universe in Arnhem? smoking smiley

EDIT: sorry again - that's on page 2 as well.
posted by Lien:

"Bond of union ;

[www.mcescher.com]

How Mick Jagger Got Dissed By M.C. Escher ;

" By the way, please tell Mr. Jagger I am not Maurits to him, but
Very sincerely,
M. C. Escher." smiling smiley

[mentalfloss.com]
"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-12 13:45 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 12, 2017 13:45

bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

In honor of their show date in Dusseldorf on October 9, 2017, the series is inspired by a fusion of the Bauhaus art movement. In the early 1900s, Bauhaus was a German art school, influenced by modernism and the English arts and crafts movement. The Bauhaus movement has had a major impact on art, architectural, interior, industrial and typographical trends today.

[store.digitalstores.co.uk]

Strange .... the inspiration for the Poster mentions the Bauhaus art school / art movement - but Bauhaus has nothing special to do with Düsseldorf itself.

The Bauhaus art school was founded 1919 in Weimar, moved in 1925 to Dessau, then in 1932 to Berlin (and was closed there in 1933) - all 3 cities are located in eastern Germany.

Of course the influences of the Bauhaus art movement can be found nearly everywhere. But as described here - [iorr.org] - the German Electronic Music Band Kraftwerk is from Düsseldorf and Kraftwerk often refers the Bauhaus art movement as their influence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-12 14:10 by Irix.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 12, 2017 13:54

Irix
bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

In honor of their show date in Dusseldorf on October 9, 2017, the series is inspired by a fusion of the Bauhaus art movement. In the early 1900s, Bauhaus was a German art school, influenced by modernism and the English arts and crafts movement. The Bauhaus movement has had a major impact on art, architectural, interior, industrial and typographical trends today.

Strange .... the inspiration for the Poster mentions the Bauhaus art school / art movement - but Bauhaus has nothing special to do with Düsseldorf.

Bauhaus? bullshit – it's more inspired by Kraftwerk (as already mentioned some pages above) and Kraftwerk are from Düsseldorf

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 12, 2017 13:57

schwonek

no, it's still available.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 12, 2017 13:59

slewan
Irix
bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

Strange .... the inspiration for the Poster mentions the Bauhaus art school / art movement - but Bauhaus has nothing special to do with Düsseldorf.

Bauhaus? bullshit – it's more inspired by Kraftwerk (as already mentioned some pages above) and Kraftwerk are from Düsseldorf

While groups like the Beatles and the Beach Boys had experimented with electronic keyboard instruments and cutting-edge studio mixing and editing, Kraftwerk and bands like it built their music around the technology in many ways. In fact, they mentioned as one of their influences the philosophy of the German Bauhaus movement, which taught that technology and art should be joined together. Even the band’s name, which means “power station” in German, suggests this devotion to technology and electronic music.

Date: October 12, 2017 17:50

Official Stockholm-Poster:

[Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com] · [Store.DigitalStores.co.uk] · [TheRollingStonesShop.com]

Official description for the Artwork inspiration:

"In honor of their show date in Stockholm on October 12, 2017, the series is inspired by the Stockholm Exhibition. Held in 1930, the exhibition showcased art from several artists and craftsmen. The exhibition’s slogan was “Acceptera!” or “Accept!”, which was a plea for acceptance of functionalism and standardization as a cultural change. Just as this was a revolution for housing and products, The Rolling Stones changed Rock’n’Roll, in the 1960s."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-12 20:51 by Irix.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: October 12, 2017 18:09

nice and sober !

Date: October 12, 2017 19:45

Nice Stockholm poster, yet maybe a bit too simplified in comparison to previous No Filter posters, and the colors seem to clash.
Is there any significance to the design of this that could help me better appreciate it?
I get the blue and yellow as part of the Swedish flag, but any reason for the red and black, and block style of the tongue itself?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 12, 2017 19:56

In honor of their show date in Stockholm on October 12, 2017, the series is inspired by the Stockholm Exhibition. Held in 1930, the exhibition showcased art from several artists and craftsmen. The exhibition’s slogan was “Acceptera!” or “Accept!”, which was a plea for acceptance of functionalism and standardization as a cultural change. Just as this was a revolution for housing and products, The Rolling Stones changed Rock’n’Roll, in the 1960s.

[therollingstonesshop.com]

Date: October 12, 2017 20:15

Thanks for the info. bye bye johnny. thumbs up

"Original Posters of the 1930’s Stockholm Design Exhibition"

And there we have it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-12 20:20 by Hairball.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 12, 2017 22:48

The Stockholm poster is okay but the shirt may be the best of this tour!! Merry Xmas ..... thumbs up

Date: October 15, 2017 15:25

Official Arnhem Poster:

"In honor of their show date in Arnhem on October 15, 2017, the series is inspired by the math of graphic arts, explored around the 1960s in Netherlands. The movement focused on drawing elements from nature, and architecture, while creating anti-symmetry. The artists involved with this movement inspired a special way of thinking and have had a continuous influence in mathematics and art, as well as in popular culture."

[TheRollingStonesShop.com] · [Store.DigitalStores.co.uk]

The Arnhem-Poster was designed by Arian Buhler - [www.Instagram.com] .

Arian Buhler did also Munich 2017 - [www.Instagram.com] , Spielberg 2017 (Krampus) - [www.Instagram.com] and Zürich 2017 - [www.Instagram.com] .

Date: October 15, 2017 19:49

Odd that they don't give credit where credit is due - M.C. Escher...this is blatant plagiarism.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: October 16, 2017 08:43

Hairball
Odd that they don't give credit where credit is due - M.C. Escher...this is blatant plagiarism.

they also did not credit Kraftwerk for the Düsseldorf litho. If they would, they would have to ask for permission, perhaps share some revenues, etc. It complicates things.

Date: October 16, 2017 08:47

shattered1978
Hairball

they also did not credit Kraftwerk for the Düsseldorf litho. If they would, they would have to ask for permission, perhaps share some revenues, etc. It complicates things.

Understood, but as an artist myself I think it's a bit sneaky and cheap.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: October 17, 2017 15:26

no (real) parisian poster yet?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 17, 2017 15:59

Hairball

That´s Mick´s late revenge for the MC Escher/Let It Bleed story... eye popping smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 17, 2017 18:21

Funny thing, I bought lithos in Dusseldorf and Arnhem. Both of them are numbered #112. Anyone else experience this? I don't know if I'm lucky or there's something fishy going on.

Posted by: vinckske ()
Date: October 17, 2017 19:08

frankotero
Funny thing, I bought lithos in Dusseldorf and Arnhem. Both of them are numbered #112. Anyone else experience this? I don't know if I'm lucky or there's something fishy going on.

My Arnhem posters are 051/150 and 052/150

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1875
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home