Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11
Re: No Filter 2017 Tour Posters
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 3, 2017 21:50

OK that Paris gargoyle litho has become my favorite now - fan made or not. I hope it becomes available for purchase.

I never buy anything from a show (or tour) I haven't attended, but I really want something from this tour for some reason...still hesitating though...
torn between Spielberg Krampus and the Paris Gargoyle....but at $60.00 + shipping seems a bit steep if they're mass produced. (even with a 20% discount).

So again I ask - has anyone purchased or does anyone know if these current No Filter lithos are hand numbered limited edition?
Something tells me not as it's not in any of the descriptions, but hard to say. If they are, I would buy probably buy one right away, and if not I would probably wait for some sort of sale. Thanks.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 3, 2017 21:59

Paris poster is another #nofilterfanart submission from Jose Maria Campoy. Great stuff!

[www.instagram.com]

Date: October 3, 2017 22:04

Deltics
Irix
It looks like it's from the #NoFilterFanArt competition ....

But so are the official lithos for Munich, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Lucca and Zurich.

Thank ebayemily and some overzealous hash tagging for that...

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 3, 2017 23:58

Hairball
OK that Paris gargoyle litho has become my favorite now - fan made or not. I hope it becomes available for purchase.

I never buy anything from a show (or tour) I haven't attended, but I really want something from this tour for some reason...still hesitating though...
torn between Spielberg Krampus and the Paris Gargoyle....but at $60.00 + shipping seems a bit steep if they're mass produced. (even with a 20% discount).

So again I ask - has anyone purchased or does anyone know if these current No Filter lithos are hand numbered limited edition?

Does this matter? (If you don't want to resell it)
btw: where/how do you get that 20% discount?

Date: October 4, 2017 00:03

slewan
Hairball

Yes it matters to me, and no I don't want to sell it.
As an artist myself, having a unique limited hand numbered piece of art has much more uniqueness than a mass produced piece of art.
There's something more personal about it, knowing you have something that had a limited run, and that was carefully numbered by hand with a pencil.

Date: October 4, 2017 00:08

Hairball
slewan
Hairball

As an artist myself, having a unique limited hand numbered piece of art has much more uniqueness than a mass produced piece of art.
There's something more personal about it, knowing you have something that had a limited run, and that was carefully numbered by hand with a pencil.

well, it might justify the price, too. But in fact in a lot of cases the say something is limited but won't tell you how much copies have been made…
anyway some discount would be useful to make up my mind…

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: October 4, 2017 00:09

The posters sold at the shows are hand numbered and quite hard to get, limited to 150. Don't know about the ones you can order on their site...

Date: October 4, 2017 00:11

MonkeyMan2000
The posters sold at the shows are hand numbered and quite hard to get, limited to 150. Don't know about the ones you can order on their site...

really? in Hamburg as well as in Munich there were plenty available after the show(s) had ended – maybe the price (50 Euros) kept people from buying them. On the other hand: The T-Shirts with the poster design were selling quite well (no M size left after the show at any selling point in Hamburg!)

Date: October 4, 2017 00:16

slewan
Hairball
slewan
Hairball

well, it might justify the price, too. But in fact in a lot of cases the say something is limited but won't tell you how much copies have been made…
anyway some discount would be useful to make up my mind…

In most legitimate cases, the number should be known up front. Even during the Zip Code tour, all lithos were given the description of "limited edition of 500" (or whatever number it was). They should then be hand numbered with pencil...say it's a limited edition of 500...in the bottom right corner there will be a number penciled in - 129/500...or 374/500 for example.

Discount code was posted on previous page by MrDDDD..;don;t know it works for everyone as I haven't tried it yet and it was emailed to him specifically.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-04 00:17 by Hairball.

Date: October 4, 2017 00:17

slewan
MonkeyMan2000

really? in Hamburg as well as in Munich there were plenty available after the show(s) had ended – maybe the price (50 Euros) kept people from buying them. On the other hand: The T-Shirts with the poster design were selling quite well (no M size left after the show at any selling point in Hamburg!)

I didn't try in Hamburg and Munich. Zurich was easy. But in Lucca, Barcelona and Amsterdam you had to buy one before the show...

Date: October 4, 2017 00:24

Hairball

Discount code was posted on previous page by MrDDDD..;don;t know it works for everyone as I haven't tried it yet and it was emailed to him specifically.

doesn't work for me – at least not for the Munich poster

now it works – you have to use CAPITAL letters

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-04 00:25 by slewan.

Date: October 4, 2017 00:26

MonkeyMan2000

Thanks MonkeyMan2000...which reminds me of the case with the Zip Code tour lithos.
There were limited numbered lithos at the show itself (San Diego in my case) where I was lucky to get one...don't have litho in front of me but I believe it was limited to only 300. Then there were some sold online with the description of hand numbered and limited of exact same litho design...thought I would order another as a gift for a friend thinking somehow there were miraculosly still some from the original 300. As it turned out, the one I ordered online was indeed limited and hand numbered...but it was an entirely new edition of 600! Something fishy and wrong about that practice, and is heavily looked down upon in the art world. When you have a limited edition, and print out the limited number, the artist is supposed to scratch a giant X through the artwork to ensure it can never be duplicated again. But in this case the Stones milked it for all it was worth...

Date: October 4, 2017 00:36

20% discount voucher doesn't work anymore => "Voucher reached maximum of redeemings"

Date: October 4, 2017 00:50

Hairball
MonkeyMan2000

Thanks MonkeyMan2000...which reminds me of the case with the Zip Code tour lithos.
There were limited numbered lithos at the show itself (San Diego in my case) where I was lucky to get one...don't have litho in front of me but I believe it was limited to only 300. Then there were some sold online with the description of hand numbered and limited of exact same litho design...thought I would order another as a gift for a friend thinking somehow there were miraculosly still some from the original 300. As it turned out, the one I ordered online was indeed limited and hand numbered...but it was an entirely new edition of 600! Something fishy and wrong about that practice, and is heavily looked down upon in the art world. When you have a limited edition, and print out the limited number, the artist is supposed to scratch a giant X through the artwork to ensure it can never be duplicated again. But in this case the Stones milked it for all it was worth...

The best way might be to get one on Ebay. There you can make sure it is from the first run sold at the shows. I plan to do so, as I'm missing a few I want. I think last year the scale or print quality of the posters differed too between the ones sold at the show and the ones sold online...

Date: October 4, 2017 01:23

MonkeyMan2000
Hairball
MonkeyMan2000

The best way might be to get one on Ebay. There you can make sure it is from the first run sold at the shows. I plan to do so, as I'm missing a few I want. I think last year the scale or print quality of the posters differed too between the ones sold at the show and the ones sold online...

That's what was weird about the San Diego double edition - they were exactly identical in quality, size, etc. which is a positive, yet there was nothing to differentiate which one is from the original edition.
There's nothing that says "second run" for the second edition which is why it was a bit deceiving, and unless you know the facts and numbers of each edition, it can all be confusing for those who are avid collectors.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 4, 2017 04:01

Irix
frankotero

Can anybody confirm the Paris litho shown on the RS App is official?

Do you mean this one?

[www.Instagram.com]

It looks like it's from the #NoFilterFanArt competition ....

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 4, 2017 04:47

bye bye johnny
Paris poster is another #nofilterfanart submission from Jose Maria Campoy. Great stuff!

[www.instagram.com]

Great stuff indeed. This should be the official poster.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 4, 2017 05:47

I like that Paris poster! Maybe they will do a separate poster for each of the three Paris dates?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 4, 2017 15:39

Cristiano Radtke
bye bye johnny

[www.instagram.com]

Great stuff indeed. This should be the official poster.

It's my official poster.....lol drinking smileythumbs up

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 7, 2017 21:58

Hope to catch one on monday.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 7, 2017 23:00

Nice job!...
Who is the artist?

Date: October 7, 2017 23:12

Jose Maria Campoy

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 7, 2017 23:14

schillid

Nice job!...
Who is the artist?

This is the dogs b******s

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 8, 2017 00:48

Jose Maria Campoy... okay thanks.

okay ... dogs b******s. thanks

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 8, 2017 00:55

I like it!

Posted by: basti ()
Date: October 8, 2017 15:34

Any official Düsseldorf Litho ?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 8, 2017 16:25

basti

Any official Düsseldorf Litho ?

Very likely this one [iorr.org] will be the official ....

Date: October 9, 2017 16:50

[twitter.com]

In honor of their show date in Dusseldorf on October 9, 2017, the series is inspired by a fusion of the Bauhaus art movement. In the early 1900s, Bauhaus was a German art school, influenced by modernism and the English arts and crafts movement. The Bauhaus movement has had a major impact on art, architectural, interior, industrial and typographical trends today.

[store.digitalstores.co.uk]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-10 14:12 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: October 9, 2017 17:23

The management of the lithos this year is really bullshit.
Abolutely no coherence
No Filter appears on some, No Filter Tour on Copenhague, not at all here.
Sometimes the date comes with the year, sometimes not.
Really amateurish work...

The 2014/2015/2016 lithos were better managed IMO
Still some designs were nice this year.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: ReelStone ()
Date: October 9, 2017 18:46

2017 Copenhagen concert poster. Original print run. More than rare.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1710
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home