Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: No Filter Merch Items
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 29, 2018 13:08

I haven't bought any official merch since the Berlin show on the Licks Tour in June 2003. That was my 11th lifetime show and I've seen 24 more since then with Prague and Warsaw still to come.

I'm happy to just enjoy the shows and keep all the tickets and photos as my souvenirs. I've been half tempted by stuff a few times but it's so ludicrously overpriced. I did pick up a couple of those 9 EUR Tees from Penneys in Dublin though grinning smiley .I agree with others who say the merch has been pretty poor on this tour, despite the tour itself being excellent.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 29, 2018 13:35

Penney's was a great deal got three wore my Green one to Berlin for luck..And lucky we were!!! One thing i like to get is the Backstage passes they are xeroxed by the different entry point's...the color for Berlin was PURPLE Dublin was PINK....After the show i pick them up funny no one takes them....I would show them but don't want some genius to make fake backstage passes will do after the tour...should be bootleg's shirt's in prague...got a nice one in Dublin

Posted by: jacollini ()
Date: June 29, 2018 14:05

schwonek

Hi! Have you accidentally got t-shirt style for Warsaw? :-)

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 29, 2018 14:09

mikey C
Penney's was a great deal got three wore my Green one to Berlin for luck..And lucky we were!!! One thing i like to get is the Backstage passes they are xeroxed by the different entry point's...the color for Berlin was PURPLE Dublin was PINK....After the show i pick them up funny no one takes them....I would show them but don't want some genius to make fake backstage passes will do after the tour...should be bootleg's shirt's in prague...got a nice one in Dublin

My green one's my lucky tee. I've worn it for my 3 Pits (2 LD, 1 upgrade from Noselbleed to Pit thanks to a kind IORRian), 1 GC plus GA front row at London 1. I'll be wearing it in Prague.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 29, 2018 16:10

In US/CAN it is $45-$50, we think that is high. In my opinion the only decent shirt
is the evolution one with 16 tongues and has been doing the rounds since 2013.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-29 16:21 by babyblue.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: June 29, 2018 20:44

35love
Leonioid
Looking back there is not one Rolling Stones thing I have ever bought that later I said said "why the hell did I spend money on that?" ... and I have bought a shitload of Stones crap... on some tours when I was ready to pay up for great seats... and then the good seats did not come and I settled for a cheap ticket.... I would typically blow the money saved at the merch booth... gimme 5 of that poster, 5 of the other poster (back when the posters only cost 5 buck each).. hell gimme 5 posters of all 4 styles... gimme 2 of that shirt, the jean jacket, the tour pin... make that TWO TOUR PINS... 2 inflatable blimps... and uhm... what the hell... gimme all 4 bobble heads!"

I said/did/bought all of that basically verbatim in Nashville 2002.hot smiley FUN!!!

edit
nope... my memory does not fail... THAT was a hellafun concert/set list/party [www.setlist.fm]

smileys with beer
drinking smileycool smileydrinking smiley

STONES!!!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 29, 2018 21:33

Leonioid
35love
Leonioid
Looking back there is not one Rolling Stones thing I have ever bought that later I said said "why the hell did I spend money on that?" ... and I have bought a shitload of Stones crap... on some tours when I was ready to pay up for great seats... and then the good seats did not come and I settled for a cheap ticket.... I would typically blow the money saved at the merch booth... gimme 5 of that poster, 5 of the other poster (back when the posters only cost 5 buck each).. hell gimme 5 posters of all 4 styles... gimme 2 of that shirt, the jean jacket, the tour pin... make that TWO TOUR PINS... 2 inflatable blimps... and uhm... what the hell... gimme all 4 bobble heads!"

I said/did/bought all of that basically verbatim in Nashville 2002.hot smiley FUN!!!

edit
nope... my memory does not fail... THAT was a hellafun concert/set list/party [www.setlist.fm]

smileys with beer

STONES!!!

I know how u feel.Im the same, I always get at least two shirts.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 29, 2018 21:53

The question is: When you're past 50 - can you wear this with dignity?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 29, 2018 22:06

Stoneage
Dignity is overrated. drinking smiley

But yes, of course one can.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 29, 2018 22:32

Stoneage
Exorbitant prices. 30 quid for a t-shirt and 65 for a hoody. Do they get away with prices like that in the U.S.?

As the saying goes, "there's a sucker born every minute".

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 29, 2018 23:20

Stoneage

Ya, the Stones is a high end affair.

Many many many real examples of non dignified dressing abound in USA.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: June 30, 2018 01:19

Well, i am well past 50 and i enjoy tower my Stones Shirts and give a damn, if that is "appropriate" for may age ... I only adapted to wearing shorts a size larger, loose fit, not slim and tight as I did in my twens. As Keith Richards, I am hiding a my belly grinning smiley

Date: June 30, 2018 01:36

Hairball
Stoneage
Exorbitant prices. 30 quid for a t-shirt and 65 for a hoody. Do they get away with prices like that in the U.S.?

^^ 2 of the most pathetic, negative, obnoxious, snotty, petty, useless posters on this board.

Obviously neither is a Stones fans. I have no idea why they post except here... except obviously they have no where else to go, nothing else to do, no life outside this board. So they spend all day and all night posting their negative whiny crap here... all day... every day... every night... every thread... never adding anything worth while as they spam and bloat every thread with their constant useless spiteful drivel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-30 01:37 by Leonioid.

Date: June 30, 2018 01:39

babyblue
Leonioid
35love
Leonioid

edit

smileys with beer

STONES!!!

I know how u feel.Im the same, I always get at least two shirts.
3 is perfect if it is great shirt! One to wear... one to keep mint... one to trade later.smileys with beer

Date: June 30, 2018 01:48

I think it's wise not to answer personal attacks. I don't know if it's allowed either. So I will not answer your insult. Insults appart; prices in those stands are in the high end.
No doubt about that. But in the end that's is up to the consumer to decide.

Date: June 30, 2018 01:54

My best buy... hold.... sell later...
was finding a whole rack of 1989 Steel Wheel shirts on a close out sale in a major department store back after that tour was over... and they were priced at $1.99 each. I was stunned... and stupidly only bought 5 of each ( 5 tongue and 5 flag). I wore 2 of each over the years and kept 6 in the closet forever... then a couple of years ago I while perusing ebay I stumbled across those shirts selling for $125-$175 EACH!

holy moly!!! I listed one that night.. and it sold a week later when the auction ended for $185.00. I didnt know what to think... so I put up anothere auction... and BOOM!! IT SOLD FOR $192.00. Apparently I had the "magic" label everyone wanted (everyone in Thailand anyway... that part of the world is where the buyers for every shirt came from)

I was flabbergasted thinking I should hold them for a while and get even more... but... nah... "get it while the getting is good" goes for selling too... I sold them all. They would never fit me again (cotton shrinks even hanging in the closet) so I might as well get a ton of money for them while I could... and I did.

This is what the flag shirt looks like [www.ebay.com]

Date: June 30, 2018 01:56

Stoneage
I think it's wise not to answer personal attacks. I don't know if it's allowed either. So I will not answer your insult. Insults appart; prices in those stands are in the high end.
No doubt about that. But in the end that's is up to the consumer to decide.

Maybe you should listen/heed to your own advise before calling people wearing Stones undignified.

When you report me to bv hopefully he will look over your posts and see for himself that you (and that other poster) spam every thread constantly saying nasty negative things.... insulting everyone from Africa to people wearing Stones shirts.

It was not an attack... I simply pointed out facts

Maybe he will read all the snotty negative things you always say about the Stones and see how you are far from a fan.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-30 01:59 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 30, 2018 01:58

Lol...eye rolling smiley

Date: June 30, 2018 02:01

Hairball
Lol...eye rolling smiley
see for himself that you (and ^^that other poster) eye rolling smiley spam every thread constantly saying nasty negative things....

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 30, 2018 02:04

Not that far out of whack for the market really
thirty quid a shirt is expensive compared to H+M
but it's the same as taylor (and i bought two of them for my kids)
fiver more than pearl jam
but 50 percent more than the Foo Fighters (20 quid)
quite like the no filter merch.
Got the long sleeve white one in Arnhem last year and black with yellow text 'stones' this year

Date: June 30, 2018 02:05

Okey, I have no reason to answer your insults. And don't worry I'm not in the habit to report people. Never do. Those two accusations you made in your last post are both false however.
But I won't go into that either. Makes no sense.

Date: June 30, 2018 02:08

Stoneage
Okey, I have no reason to answer your insults. And don't worry I'm not in the habit to report people. Never do. Those two accusations you made in your last post are both false however.
But I won't go into that either. Makes no sense.

You clearly said wearing Stones shirts is undignified... people in this thread are saying they are wearing Stones shirts... you clearly attacked those people. That is written black and white.

In the World Cup thread you made a huge point of insulting Africa... it is the kind of thing you do all time.

Date: June 30, 2018 02:12

Another one of my good buy and hold stories is for the Stones inflatable blimp from 2002... I knew that thing was going to be collectable and priced at only 15 bucks. I bought 5 total of those... still have 2 (one hanging up right now and the other is mint. I sold the other 3 over time for $130-$160 each.

I dont mind (or feel guilty) doing some trading in these goods to help afford tickets for me.

Date: June 30, 2018 02:15

I'm afraid you are wrong on both counts. You are jumping to conclusions. Never said a bad word about Africa. Never called anyone undignified. Experience tells me this is going nowhere...

Date: June 30, 2018 02:19

If bv bans me while allowing comments like these in a thread for fun and Stones... then I dont know what to think.
In my opinion there is no reason anyone to be posting snotty things like this in a Stones Merch thread.

Hairball

Stoneage

And if it was a one time / one thread situation I would not have said a word,
but you two flood every thread with snotty useless comments like these ... all the time... for a long time.

This time it was one time too many. Do you have to snotty up every thread?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-30 02:27 by Leonioid.

Date: June 30, 2018 02:23

Rest assured. I'm not going to report you. Never do. Never will do.

Date: June 30, 2018 02:24

Furthermore it is dignified to wear a representation of something you support,
as opposed to young posers with their knock off shirts from Target/Walmart who really know nothing of the band.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 30, 2018 02:38

35love
as opposed to young posers with their knock off shirts from Target/Walmart who really know nothing of the band.

Added bonus.. seeing someone on the street with a very cool stones shirt, commenting on it, and then realizing you know each other from here spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 30, 2018 02:40

35love

smiling smiley yup...
I was at the grocery store in a good mood (or I would probably not have said anything like this) a month or so ago... and I am walking down the aisle and a kid 12-15y.o. was walking towards me, and he had on a Dr Feelgood Motley Crue shirt... and I saw it and as we passed I pointed and said "Crue! Cool!" thinking he would like that... but... nope he gave a me wtf? look. I am guessing he had no idea what he was even wearing... or maybe he thought I was ... who knows...

but I know when I say "Stones!" to "real people" wearing Stones shirts they always smile... and sometimes high five me.

Date: June 30, 2018 02:41

MisterDDDD
35love

Added bonus.. seeing someone on the street with a very cool stones shirt, commenting on it, and then realizing you know each other from here spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

*kiss kiss

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2169
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home