Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: How far do you travel for your NoFilter show(s)?
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 2, 2017 16:28

I'm going 4,282 miles (from Knoxville, TN, USA) for the IORR Band show at The Last Waterhole in Amsterdam. Does that count?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: September 5, 2017 17:42

Chicago to Stockholm for show #43.

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: September 5, 2017 17:50

Paris to Nanterre x 3

Posted by: hitti ()
Date: September 5, 2017 18:04

Me and my son (14 y, 3rd Stones-Show for him) and my best friend an his son are going to Hamburg this weekend.
With Latvianinexile I will come to Arnheim, Pit. Hope to see some of you crazy guys from all over the world, especially in Arnheim.
smileys with beer

Hitti

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 5, 2017 18:19

From Toronto to Overdraft?

Posted by: polandstones ()
Date: September 5, 2017 18:22

Hello,
i live in Warsaw, Poland.

I go to Barcelona, Amsterdam, Stockholm and Paris.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 5, 2017 22:36

SomeTorontoGirl

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 5, 2017 22:37

SomeTorontoGirl

Good one. Sad but true.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 6, 2017 18:12

kahoosier
I'm travelling from Auckland NZ for Zurich, Lucca, Barcelona and hopefully Amsterdam. I'm used to it having lived out on various islands in the Pacific for years. I once travelled from an Island called Tinian to London just to see Ronnie's two shows with Stomp. Its great to see the guys play and hang around with all the other crazy people that do the tours regularly.

Kahoosier I havent seen a post from u in a long time. Where u been?

And Tinian was a significant island in WWII history. My father in law was a tail gunner on a B-29 that flew on raids over Japan from Tinian. And wasn't the retaking of the island a major WWII battle?

plexi

Date: September 6, 2017 18:22

Crow Agency/Hardin/Billings, Montana to Paris for show numbers 49, 50 and 51 for me going back to '75.

4,690 miles/7,550 km one way.

plexi

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 6, 2017 19:52

A flight from an airport about 7 miles away from my house in England to Paris is about 5 hours, just 5 hours from home to the Hotel in Paris.
No big deal is it, and the flight's cost £150 return each.
Personally its easier for me to see them in Paris than it is to drive 6 hours to a London venue, London is a complete nightmare when it comes to driving a car there.
So Paris it is, do a bit of sight seeing, eat in some nice restaurants and maybe meet some Stones fans for drinks.
Looking forward to it very much. Just hope none of the Stones are taken ill between now and then, they are not getting any younger.
I find it hard to believe Mick never gets a physical injury, i'm 52 and very fit but i can't move from my sciatic nerve, been this way for 5 weeks.
How do the boys keep going, they are just amazing to keep going at this level, even Keith keeps running across the stage, and Mick is still pushing the boundaries of what a 74 year old can do. I am in awe of his fitness. It must be complete dedication to remain in the condition he is in. Sorry , seem to have gone off topic again confused smiley

Date: September 6, 2017 20:49

How could a flight from England to Paris take five hours, or even to the Paris hotel? Guess I am not understanding something?

plexi

Date: September 6, 2017 21:35

timbernardis
How could a flight from England to Paris take five hours, or even to the Paris hotel? Guess I am not understanding something?

plexi

By the time you get to the airport an hour before take off and go through security, then get off the plane in France pick up luggage get a taxi to the hotel, its 5 hours door to door. Probably longer.
Actually its a lot longer flight from Newquay, so defiantly over 5 hours, 4 hours 30 just for the flight, more like 7. I will have a look at the tickets now lol.

Date: September 6, 2017 21:39

Paris Texas maybe?

Date: September 6, 2017 21:45

From where i live the plane has one stop at london. Its not a direct flight.

Date: September 6, 2017 22:35

stone4ever

By the time you get to the airport an hour before take off and go through security, then get off the plane in France pick up luggage get a taxi to the hotel, its 5 hours door to door. Probably longer.

I don't know where your hotel is but if you are comfortable with Paris transportation and don't have a ton of luggages, depends on your arrival time, you should consider taking the RER and the subway. Taxi or bus shuttle from CDG can be a pain in the ass during traffic jam hours.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 6, 2017 22:43

Short trips this time. Just from London to Zurich, then Lucca (by train), Barcelona and Amsterdam. Back to London and then off to Stockholm and Paris 1, interspersed by a work trip to St.Petersburg.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-06 22:46 by Beast.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 6, 2017 22:46

Jumpinjackflash59
stone4ever

I don't know where your hotel is but if you are comfortable with Paris transportation and don't have a ton of luggages, depends on your arrival time, you should consider taking the RER and the subway. Taxi or bus shuttle from CDG can be a pain in the ass during traffic jam hours.

The RER is also a pain whenever I have taken it from the airport to the city or vice versa it stops halfway and waits for around 20 minutes before it moves again.If traveling from London to Paris then Eurostar is the much easier option.
I usually take the Eurostar but last time I flew and then got a cab into the city much nicer than the RER and if there are a few of you then works out around the same cost as the RER anyway.

Nate

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: September 6, 2017 22:50

25 km to Amsterdam and 250 to Arnhem. That's it.

I traveled to Hannover, Hamburg and Paris for stadium shows in 2006-2007 ONLY 10 years ago.

Hockenheim in 1995. Rotterdam 1982, 60 km.

TRAVELLIN' MAN......

Went to LONDON in 2012 (O2 first night) and Hyde Park 2013 (two times).

Then BERLIN Waldbünhe 2014 (hot smiley)

Date: September 6, 2017 22:59

Jumpinjackflash59
stone4ever

Thanks, i remember only too well the never ending taxi ride last time round.
Basically we weren't moving anywhere. Cheers for the advice JJF59

Date: September 6, 2017 23:00

Nate
If traveling from London to Paris then Eurostar is the much easier option.
I usually take the Eurostar but last time I flew and then got a cab into the city much nicer than the RER and if there are a few of you then works out around the same cost as the RER anyway.

Nate

Couldn't agree more about the Eurostar, which btw is pretty cheap if you buy your tix at the right moment.
As far as i remember, never had this problem with the RER, i assume i've been lucky. But once i took the bus from CDG to Montparnasse train station, i had a two hours gap so what could go wrong...and missed my train because of traffic jam.

Date: September 6, 2017 23:03

Nate
Jumpinjackflash59
stone4ever

The RER is also a pain whenever I have taken it from the airport to the city or vice versa it stops halfway and waits for around 20 minutes before it moves again.If traveling from London to Paris then Eurostar is the much easier option.

Nate

Yeah only two of us for a few days but still we got a couple of suitcases, perhaps a cab is the best bet after all, i'm totally crap at finding my way around a london Subway let alone one in Paris lol.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: September 6, 2017 23:04

I went from Utrecht,Netherlands to São Paulo, Brasil last year, just for one week and 2 shows smiling smiley

This time it is Hamburg, Amsterdam, Düsseldorf and Arnhem

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-06 23:06 by spunky.

Date: September 6, 2017 23:19

A cab from CDG airport into the city will cost €50 but make sure you agree the fixed price first don't do it on the meter in case you hit traffic.

Nate

Date: September 6, 2017 23:25

Nate
A cab from CDG airport into the city will cost €50 but make sure you agree the fixed price first don't do it on the meter in case you hit traffic.

Nate

Good thinking , thanks Nate, i have a habit of being ripped off so that's cool advice.
I'm like a fish out of water in cities like that, bit of a country bumpkin down here in Cornwall sad smiley

But for the Stones its usually worth the effort, just the vibe before and after the show does it for me.

Date: September 6, 2017 23:34

stone4ever
Nate

Nate

Good thinking , thanks Nate, i have a habit of being ripped off so that's cool advice.
I'm like a fish out of water in cities like that, bit of a country bumpkin down here in Cornwall sad smiley

But for the Stones its usually worth the effort, just the vibe before and after the show does it for me.

Love Cornwall used to go to Padstow as a kid before Rick Stein turned it into Chelsea on sea.Have not been down there for years and was actually hoping to go next week for a holiday with my parents but I can't make it hope to get down there in the spring next year.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 6, 2017 23:48

'take the subway' lol
I've never been on an American subway, let alone dark underground tunnel rides
in a country I speak zero language.
(It's funny to me)

N CA to France, 1 show.

Date: September 6, 2017 23:51

Nate
stone4ever
Nate

Nate

Love Cornwall used to go to Padstow as a kid before Rick Stein turned it into Chelsea on sea.Have not been down there for years and was actually hoping to go next week for a holiday with my parents but I can't make it hope to get down there in the spring next year.

Nate thumbs up

Yeah they renamed Padstow Padsteins now lol, the greedy twat has got his own shops selling everything from Pasty's to Souvenirs. Last i counted he has 8 of his shops and restaurants in the Town. Unbelievable greed putting local shops out of business.
Newquay has been ruined too, but there are still some nice unspoiled Town's and villages to see if you come this way next spring thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-07 00:00 by stone4ever.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 6, 2017 23:53

google maps says there are 1148 km from my home to u arena nanterre paris

Date: September 7, 2017 00:21

I have ridden the Paris subway many times but I have had a few instances that have made me consider not taking it at all in the future with the last bad experience being particularly scary when I was on my way to the Bob Dylan show earlier this year I was sitting on the subway minding my own business not even making eye contact with anyone when a very well built and tall guy started to shout at me in a language I didn't recognise apart from when he kept shouting Bumboklaat directly at me which I believe to be a derogatory word of the Jamaican Patwah so I knew this guy had taken a disliking to me but for what reason I don't know he then started to point his fingers at me in the shape of a gun this sounds rather ridiculous I know but when your sitting on that subway on your own you do not want to be in that situation.Personally I love to walk for miles and do so when in Paris as it's a beautiful city to walk especially at night.I only usually take public transport if it is heavy rain or if I'm with other people who don't want to walk.I don't want to try and scare people into thinking that Paris is dangerous because it is generally safe but I do think that in certain areas it does have an edge to it which is the case in most cities you just have to be aware of what's around you and use common sense.

Nate

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1191
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home