Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
New show Hosted By Keith Richards' Daughter Theodora
Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: August 29, 2017 03:52

SiriusXM The Spectrum Adds Show Hosted By Keith Richards' Daughter Theodora

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/169127/siriusxm-the-spectrum-adds-show-hosted-by-keith-ri

Sean Lennon will be guest too.

Re: New show Hosted By Keith Richards' Daughter Theodora
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 30, 2017 00:36

For those who can watch, here's a video from the radio show:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 30, 2017 00:47

THEO - Your godfather is Elton John?.... my dad is gonna freak .....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 30, 2017 00:55

Theo ...The Worst....

Mick was actually meant to sing on that one but dad ended up taking the vocals......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 30, 2017 01:42

Sorry to have to be the one to say it... but I just looked up her age and she is 32. Is she going to go through her whole life as "Keith Richards' daughter"? Is that why she was chosen for the show? I suppose if you're famous for just being born, there's not a lot else you can do.

Speaking of Sean Lennon, check out this whiny interview where he gets upset because the interviewer wants to talk about his father, and he thinks the interviewer is interested in Sean Lennon: [www.youtube.com]

Talk about a Fool On The Hill -- what else would anyone want to talk about with him? He's merely famous by association. The whole world knew his name before he was even old enough to know his own name.

When you're the offspring of someone so famous as to be legendary, you'll always just be living in their shadow. Best to do what Marlon did -- just get an ordinary life and stay out of the limelight.

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: August 30, 2017 02:58

THEO re: "She's a Rainbow" being a great track - Every girl wants to be a rainbow. smiling bouncing smiley

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 30, 2017 03:28

It's a great and funny show............pity you din't hear snippets of the tracks or the list as it was difficult to find the songs Louvin Brothers!!! (how do I know to speel this one)

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 30, 2017 03:30

You speeled it correctly.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: August 30, 2017 04:09

Listening to recording on Facebook. Really enjoying this. I hope she gets some good guest hosts to riff with.

I love it when she forgets what album songs are on...

I think it's very generous of both of them to get over the privilege issue ( I mean ignore the judgements) and share a side we will never know.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-30 04:14 by Librarian.

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: August 30, 2017 05:37

Really,really enjoyed it too.

Entertaining, informing and charming.

Both of them really know music.

Hope she does well.

Thanks to both of them for sharing a few great stories and turning me on to a few great tracks.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: August 30, 2017 10:46

Rockman
Theo ...The Worst....

Mick was actually meant to sing on that one but dad ended up taking the vocals......

I would like to hear Micks vocal on this track. Would be interesting to see how Mick would approach this. One of my favorite Stones ballads from the recent ere.
Hard to imagine anyone, let alone Mick improving the vocal on this, especially when Keith sings it live.

Date: August 30, 2017 10:49

stone4ever
Rockman
Theo ...The Worst....

I would like to hear Micks vocal on this track. Would be interesting to see how Mick would approach this. One of my favorite Stones ballads from the recent ere.
Hard to imagine anyone, let alone Mick improving the vocal on this, especially when Keith sings it live.

Mick does great backing vocals on TW. The last time the glimmers did that together (I haven't forgot the bridge in One More Shot, but it's not on the same level, imo)?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-30 10:55 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 30, 2017 10:53

I like Julian quite a bit.

Date: August 30, 2017 10:58

Theo said Don Was with with the Wino's when she was 5 years old. Not sure that is correct confused smiley

She seem's so alive and happy, just like her Dad. Very young for her 32 years and so unaffected, just a natural , i really like her.

Date: August 30, 2017 10:58

...I like Theo a lot more

ROCKMAN

Date: August 30, 2017 11:03

Sean keeps telling Theo to say that he is in the studio lol. She forgot, brilliant thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-30 11:15 by stone4ever.

Date: August 30, 2017 11:13

They gonna sell that Beatles/Stones thing till the end of time. lol...
Oldham had it so right with that stuff; he came right from The Beats organization with that stragety
and a yearning to be his own Brian Epstein...
...he added so much drama and mystique. I was 12 man and bought all that jack right up; glad as hell I did...

December's Children wasn't heavy enough; he had to give it that little push always. that little sideways invitation into an unexpected little flourish...
...it was great promo drama; and it DID, imo, play off the natural stand-offishness they sometimes displayed with Watt's silent moans of disinterest....
...and 'out there-ism' of Jone's stange ebullience contrasted with tight almost smirks, the darkness of Bill's solemnity in those early shots...
like a Mt. Rushmore squareness and mystique; Charlie had a lot of that; Keith was not so interested in the press even as a kid....I loved the whole deal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-30 11:20 by hopkins.

Date: August 30, 2017 11:25

God with all that Keith DNA she probably could have been Little Richard if she worked for a year in a Howard Johnson's washing dishes. It'd really bring her around. or something. I think if my once teenage daughter acted like that i'd never get the eyes rolled back out of my upper eyelids and have to stick a pair of socks in my mouth...at 32, well; who am I to judge; I mean she's beautiful like a little kitty...well; she's beautiful; amazing smile...

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 30, 2017 18:20

grinning smiley^^

hmm...?

Date: August 30, 2017 19:52

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
Rockman
Theo ...The Worst....

Mick does great backing vocals on TW. The last time the glimmers did that together (I haven't forgot the bridge in One More Shot, but it's not on the same level, imo)?

Not when he sings it live winking smiley

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 31, 2017 01:10

stonehearted
Sorry to have to be the one to say it... but I just looked up her age and she is 32. Is she going to go through her whole life as "Keith Richards' daughter"? Is that why she was chosen for the show? I suppose if you're famous for just being born, there's not a lot else you can do.

Speaking of Sean Lennon, check out this whiny interview where he gets upset because the interviewer wants to talk about his father, and he thinks the interviewer is interested in Sean Lennon: [www.youtube.com]

Talk about a Fool On The Hill -- what else would anyone want to talk about with him? He's merely famous by association. The whole world knew his name before he was even old enough to know his own name.

When you're the offspring of someone so famous as to be legendary, you'll always just be living in their shadow. Best to do what Marlon did -- just get an ordinary life and stay out of the limelight.

Sean was rightfully upset - granted, he's known because of his lineage, but unless it's agreed ahead of time that the reason for the interview is to talk about John, it's absolutely rude to ask more than a question or two about John. The premise of the interview was promoting his record, if there's no interest in that, then don't interview him.

Date: August 31, 2017 01:16

Johnny Shines lived his whole life in the shadow of Robert Johnson .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: August 31, 2017 03:19

This was great.

It is refreshing to see/hear that no matter how privileged Theo is, she still has a curiosity for knowing the history of music and its artists. She could be so detached and oblivious, but her choices clearly show a genuine interest in music - regardless of how guided she might have been by her dad (though it doesn't come off that way).

Despite some minor inaccuracies, Sean also seems to have an impressive breadth of knowledge. They both really recognize and understand the "art" of what they are speaking about.

I don't have to mention how heart-stopping it is for us all to hear her speak of her dad, knowing she is talking about Keith. But Theo is the spitting image, in look and voice, of her mother.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 1, 2017 02:19

They both love the Beacon Theater.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: September 1, 2017 02:51

Theo shoulda laid The Louvin's - Ren Hen Hop up Sean
.......... that lil' rattler woulda shook the kids beard off .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 1, 2017 03:04

Hey, Rockman,
Didja notice when Theo was discussin' Chuck Berry, she leaned her head to the right side, and said, he left behind "such good songs..."? She sounded just like her dad, to me, anyway, like he woulda said it.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: September 1, 2017 03:25

Yeah Yeah angeeeeeeeee she's a chip offa the same block ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: September 1, 2017 04:55

That's nice.
Must be hard to be the child of a massively successful and famous person.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 1, 2017 05:06

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
Rockman
Theo ...The Worst....

incredible backing vox...The Worst is pure Glimmers at the top of their game....one of my favorite all time tracks

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 22, 2017 20:32

"It's happening again!!! My show OFF THE CUFF with Me on @siriusxm channel 28 The Spectrum. Tune in at 8 this Sunday the 24th. We will be reminiscing about our tour memories and playing songs that we love and hope you love. I grew up looking at @lisafischerlive singing her heart out on stage, being this strong woman around all these crazy guys. She has taught me so much over the years. Truly an angel on this earth! Listen for some cute moments and Lisa's laugh will melt your bad day away!"

[www.instagram.com]

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1638
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home