Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 25 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2017 season
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 24, 2018 23:59

mr_dja
Maindefender
GasLightStreet
Natlanta
so NE is the home team but they’re wearing white.

They chose to. They've never lost a Super Bowl wearing white.

They wore white when they lost to Green Bay

But that's not the Brady/Belicheck version of the team. Brady/Belicheck have never lost when the team wore white.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Good for you Mr DJA

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 25, 2018 00:21

Maindefender
mr_dja
Maindefender
GasLightStreet
Natlanta

But that's not the Brady/Belicheck version of the team. Brady/Belicheck have never lost when the team wore white.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Good for you Mr DJA

Not sure how it's good for me but, if you say so, I'll take it! smileys with beer

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 25, 2018 00:31

mr_dja
Maindefender
mr_dja
Maindefender
GasLightStreet
Natlanta

Peace,
Mr DJA

Good for you Mr DJA

Not sure how it's good for me but, if you say so, I'll take it! smileys with beer

Peace,
Mr DJA

Seriously, I try to avoid you and you troll me with a fact that wasn't directly mentioned to the Brady era. Stop bustin my balls....

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 25, 2018 01:40

thought UGA shoulda worn their white jerseys in the CFB title game... but no one asked me.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 25, 2018 03:05

Maindefender
mr_dja
Maindefender
GasLightStreet
Natlanta

Peace,
Mr DJA

Good for you Mr DJA

Ah, yeah, oops - I forgot that one little detail!

Date: January 25, 2018 03:07

mr_dja
GasLightStreet
Natlanta

I wonder if they would have made the same decision if the Vikings had made it to the Super Bowl. Although I can understand the superstition involved, would they have chosen to allow the Vikings to wear their "home" jerseys in their home building? Any replies from an alternate universe where the above scenario is playing out will be welcome here as long as you can document your sources! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Peace,
Mr DJA

Of course they would have made the same decision!

Date: January 25, 2018 03:38

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
Palace Revolution 2000
Whoever said about Eagles not getting respect - that may be so, but it s even worse with the Falcons. Announcers will just blatantly ignore them.

Because Atlanta is a consistent failure. Their motto is 'Rise Up'. The only thing they rise up to is being a disappointment. Last year they managed to rise up to the biggest choke in the history of pro sports and made history by being the only team to lead a Super Bowl and lose. Around here, they 'Fall Down'. Their "fans" come to New Orleans and leave the city to go eat.

and isn't the only time the saints were not a failure was during the year they were trying to injure people on purpose

The fictitious 'Bountygate', something that was never proven to be true. So... no.

The year the Saints went 13-3 (the 2009 regular season) and won the SB in the 2010 playoffs.

sure, never proven.

anyways one of the 5 or 6 greatest QBs in nfl history only makes the SB 1 time their entire career. lest not talk about what team chokes all the time

It wasn't ever proven.

The Saints choke all the time? HA HA! That's funny. They've had some awful games but they've never given up like the Atlanta Falcons did.

drew brees, one of the greatest QBs ever has made 1 SB with the saints. that means the other 11 seasons the saints didn't make the SB the choked. easy math. you don't make the SB you choke

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: January 25, 2018 15:15

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-25 15:31 by Leonioid.

Date: January 25, 2018 16:47

Maindefender

Seriously, I try to avoid you and you troll me with a fact that wasn't directly mentioned to the Brady era. Stop bustin my balls....

All I can do is apologize. I was merely participating in what I thought was a group conversation. I didn't realize that my comment would be considered trolling you or that you have decided that I need to be avoided. Is it your preference that I not participate in any conversations that you are a part of or should I just try not to reply to you directly? I can't offer any guarantees but I will attempt to remember your preference.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 25, 2018 17:56

keefriffhard4life
drew brees, one of the greatest QBs ever has made 1 SB with the saints. that means the other 11 seasons the saints didn't make the SB the choked. easy math. you don't make the SB you choke

Nope. Losing after being up 28-3 is choking. Not making the SB isn't choking. You need to stop running next to trains and hitting poles!

Date: January 25, 2018 19:23

mr_dja
Maindefender

All I can do is apologize. I was merely participating in what I thought was a group conversation. I didn't realize that my comment would be considered trolling you or that you have decided that I need to be avoided. Is it your preference that I not participate in any conversations that you are a part of or should I just try not to reply to you directly? I can't offer any guarantees but I will attempt to remember your preference.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Appreciate it. As Belichick would say, "On to Philly"

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 25, 2018 21:10

Please! No more Belichick! ... I do admit he is the greatest NFL coach of all time (yes, better than Lombardi, etc.) but how about a nice Eagles victory!

Posted by: straycatdevil ()
Date: January 25, 2018 21:18

Lombardi never cheated.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 25, 2018 21:46

So Vince McMahon is announcing in 15 minutes that he's resurrecting the XFL. LOL!

I was a huge WWF fan back in the late '90s/early '00s, so I tuned in to the first few games. Total trainwreck...his backers must literally have money to burn to sink money into a venture like this again.

Date: January 25, 2018 23:22

I must say 98.5 Boston sports talk are such blow hards, they are so full of crap. And I'm a Masshole...lol. I miss Mike Francesa so much, not everyone's cup of coffee but he was good.....

Date: January 25, 2018 23:56

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

Nope. Losing after being up 28-3 is choking. Not making the SB isn't choking. You need to stop running next to trains and hitting poles!

the point of every season is to win a SB. if you don't then you choked. drew brees has won 1 road playoff game his entire career. he's one of those guys that puts up big regular season numbers but never goes anywhere in the playoffs. people say that about peyton too but at least he made 4 SBs

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 26, 2018 00:29

keefriff99
So Vince McMahon is announcing in 15 minutes that he's resurrecting the XFL. LOL!

I was a huge WWF fan back in the late '90s/early '00s, so I tuned in to the first few games. Total trainwreck...his backers must literally have money to burn to sink money into a venture like this again.

I think Vince smells blood in the water with the NFL. ratings in decline, stupid controversies, etc. Either that or its early onset alzheimers. He is getting up there in years....

Date: January 26, 2018 02:19

Maindefender
I must say 98.5 Boston sports talk are such blow hards, they are so full of crap. And I'm a Masshole...lol. I miss Mike Francesa so much, not everyone's cup of coffee but he was good.....
Francesa could be a real prick but he's a great listen...a real NYC institution. I've been listening to him since the early '90s. I miss Chris "the Mad Dog" Russo too. I know he's on Sirius and he's guested with Mike a few times recently, but it'd be great if they teamed up again in some capacity.

Date: January 26, 2018 02:22

crholmstrom
keefriff99

I think Vince smells blood in the water with the NFL. ratings in decline, stupid controversies, etc. Either that or its early onset alzheimers. He is getting up there in years....
Eh, I think this ratings decline is much ado about nothing. By 2020, it will be a distant memory. Yes, the protests hurt to some degree but the outrage won't be sustained. The bigger issue is cord-cutting. In the end, the NFL is still a massive American institution.

I wish Vince luck but he's got a ridiculously uphill battle to make this work.

Date: January 26, 2018 05:07

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

the point of every season is to win a SB. if you don't then you choked. drew brees has won 1 road playoff game his entire career. he's one of those guys that puts up big regular season numbers but never goes anywhere in the playoffs. people say that about peyton too but at least he made 4 SBs

You're just inventing hyperbole for the sake of being a Saints hater. If the point of every season is the win the Super Bowl, why is there a team in Cleveland?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 26, 2018 05:51

When Brady's gone we all can hope the Patriots go on a 100 year losing streak.

Date: January 26, 2018 06:32

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

You're just inventing hyperbole for the sake of being a Saints hater. If the point of every season is the win the Super Bowl, why is there a team in Cleveland?

ok then, what team was up against the Vikings with 30 seconds left this year and lost? what team lost to the 7-9 seahawks a few years ago? that's a choke.

bountygate was real btw. I personally know 2 former redskins players who played defense under gegg Williams and they can verify it was a real thing going on in the nfl and Williams was one of the coaches who did it.

also how was it never proven? Gregg Williams admitted he did

Williams was summoned to NFL headquarters after the investigation concluded in mid-February. He initially denied any involvement, but recanted and admitted everything in a meeting with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.[19] He issued a statement apologizing for his role, saying that he'd known it was wrong from the start.[17] On March 21, 2012, the NFL suspended Williams indefinitely for "conduct detrimental" to the league, effective that day. In a statement, the NFL said that its investigation had found that Williams not only administered the bounty program and occasionally contributed some of his own money to the bounty pool, but lied to league investigators about his role. Consequently, the suspension would run until the end of the 2012 season at the earliest. When Williams applied for reinstatement, Goodell considered how much Williams cooperated with the NFL in its continuing investigation; Goodell also expected Williams to participate in league efforts to eliminate bounty systems altogether.[20] The NFL is still investigating allegations that Williams ran a bounty program in Washington.[28]

Williams apologized again after he learned of his punishment, and said he hoped to return to coaching in the future.[[/b]29] However, Fisher said that neither he nor the Rams knew about the bounty program, and he would have not have hired Williams had he known that Williams might be facing a year's suspension.[30]

On April 5, documentary filmmaker Sean Pamphilon released audio of a meeting Williams held with his defense before their 2012 divisional playoff game against the San Francisco 49ers. In a profanity-laced speech, Williams instructed his defense to target several 49ers players. He ordered his men to try to knock out running back Kendall Hunter, even if it meant hitting him out of bounds. He specifically directed them to try to tear wide receiver Michael Crabtree's ACL, and to go after wide receiver Kyle Williams specifically because he had a history of concussions. Pamphilon, who was doing a documentary on the media's effect on football from Pee-Wee all the way to the NFL, released the audio to Yahoo! Sports because he was sickened by what he heard.[31]

On December 12, the Associated Press reported that, according to a transcript of the bounty appeal hearing, Williams had testified that he had wanted to shut down the system after the league began investigating, but was overruled by Saints linebackers coach Joe Vitt.[32] Vitt, however, denied the claims.[33]

Date: January 26, 2018 07:11

The Sicilian
Winning Ugly VXII
Watch out for Jacksonville in the coming years if they bring in an upgrade at QB. Maybe Cousins from Washington or someone like that. They could also use a new TE. That guy Lewis is not what he used to be even though he scored yesterday.

If Bortles threw that last pass a couple of feet further down the field,there might well have been a different story for that game.

Cleveland needs to take a QB with their selection. Forget about Cousins, and Smith. It would cost them over $20 million per season for each of them. With the picks they accrue in the next season or two they will be a powerhouse to come. But not if they don't pick a QB first.

Bortles is still a young QB. He has a lot of upside. These playoff games will be valuable experience for him going forward. Jacksonville needs to keep him and be patient.

I don't see it that way. Jacksonville lost because,their passing game was not good enough to get the job done. There were a handful of plays there to be made,and it looked to me as though Bortles could not make the throws well enough.

Experience might help him to avoid the "delay of game" penalty or maybe even with missing (or not noticing) the open receiver cutting over the middle on third down ....... but,if he can't make throws to an open running back going down the sideline or to a receiver who got past the safety on 4th and 14 ...... will that ever change ??

Cleveland obviously needs a quarterback. They could have had Wentz a couple of years ago and botched that up. Cleveland only seems to be interested in bad QB's.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 26, 2018 09:10

Winning Ugly VXII
The Sicilian
Winning Ugly VXII
Watch out for Jacksonville in the coming years if they bring in an upgrade at QB. Maybe Cousins from Washington or someone like that. They could also use a new TE. That guy Lewis is not what he used to be even though he scored yesterday.

If Bortles threw that last pass a couple of feet further down the field,there might well have been a different story for that game.

Cleveland needs to take a QB with their selection. Forget about Cousins, and Smith. It would cost them over $20 million per season for each of them. With the picks they accrue in the next season or two they will be a powerhouse to come. But not if they don't pick a QB first.

Bortles is still a young QB. He has a lot of upside. These playoff games will be valuable experience for him going forward. Jacksonville needs to keep him and be patient.

I don't see it that way. Jacksonville lost because,their passing game was not good enough to get the job done. There were a handful of plays there to be made,and it looked to me as though Bortles could not make the throws well enough.

Experience might help him to avoid the "delay of game" penalty or maybe even with missing (or not noticing) the open receiver cutting over the middle on third down ....... but,if he can't make throws to an open running back going down the sideline or to a receiver who got past the safety on 4th and 14 ...... will that ever change ??

Cleveland obviously needs a quarterback. They could have had Wentz a couple of years ago and botched that up. Cleveland only seems to be interested in bad QB's.

Jacksonville lost because their top defense couldn't hold a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. Their coach kneels down on a 65 second clock at the end of a half. The delay of game play was a bad one, but the head coach should have put him right out there instead of loafing around. Doug Marrone was out coached, but we in Buffalo expected that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-26 09:11 by The Sicilian.

Date: January 26, 2018 13:07

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

ok then, what team was up against the Vikings with 30 seconds left this year and lost? what team lost to the 7-9 seahawks a few years ago? that's a choke.

bountygate was real btw. I personally know 2 former redskins players who played defense under gegg Williams and they can verify it was a real thing going on in the nfl and Williams was one of the coaches who did it.

Williams was summoned to NFL headquarters after the investigation concluded in mid-February. He initially denied any involvement, but recanted and admitted everything in a meeting with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.[19] He issued a statement apologizing for his role, saying that he'd known it was wrong from the start.[17] On March 21, 2012, the NFL suspended Williams indefinitely for "conduct detrimental" to the league, effective that day. In a statement, the NFL said that its investigation had found that Williams not only administered the bounty program and occasionally contributed some of his own money to the bounty pool, but lied to league investigators about his role. Consequently, the suspension would run until the end of the 2012 season at the earliest. When Williams applied for reinstatement, Goodell considered how much Williams cooperated with the NFL in its continuing investigation; Goodell also expected Williams to participate in league efforts to eliminate bounty systems altogether.[20] The NFL is still investigating allegations that Williams ran a bounty program in Washington.[28]

Williams apologized again after he learned of his punishment, and said he hoped to return to coaching in the future.[[/b]29] However, Fisher said that neither he nor the Rams knew about the bounty program, and he would have not have hired Williams had he known that Williams might be facing a year's suspension.[30]

On April 5, documentary filmmaker Sean Pamphilon released audio of a meeting Williams held with his defense before their 2012 divisional playoff game against the San Francisco 49ers. In a profanity-laced speech, Williams instructed his defense to target several 49ers players. He ordered his men to try to knock out running back Kendall Hunter, even if it meant hitting him out of bounds. He specifically directed them to try to tear wide receiver Michael Crabtree's ACL, and to go after wide receiver Kyle Williams specifically because he had a history of concussions. Pamphilon, who was doing a documentary on the media's effect on football from Pee-Wee all the way to the NFL, released the audio to Yahoo! Sports because he was sickened by what he heard.[31]

On December 12, the Associated Press reported that, according to a transcript of the bounty appeal hearing, Williams had testified that he had wanted to shut down the system after the league began investigating, but was overruled by Saints linebackers coach Joe Vitt.[32] Vitt, however, denied the claims.[33]

If the Aints did not obviously pay bounties on injuring players, they at least told players to injure players... and it is mystifying to see someone say it is fictitious.

Even without all of the fines and suspensions... anybody (who has a brain and does not lie to themself) who watched that playoff game where the cheatingass dirty hitting Aints were trying anything to injure Favre KNOWS bounty gate is real.

I never saw anything like (before or since) the cheating dirty hits against Favre during that game. It was sickening.

Date: January 26, 2018 13:12

Leonioid
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

If the Aints did not obviously pay bounties on injuring players, they at least told players to injure players... and it is mystifying to see someone say it is fictitious.

Even without all of the fines and suspensions... anybody (who has a brain and does not lie to themself) who watched that playoff game where the cheatingass dirty hitting Aints were trying anything to injure Favre KNOWS bounty gate is real.

I never saw anything like (before or since) the cheating dirty hits against Favre during that game. It was sickening.

yup they were trying to hurt favre. there were 3-4 times a flag should have flown for the hits on favre. the guy admitted they did it though. not sure why there are posts saying it never happened, there was no proof, etc. how about the proof gregg Williams admitted he did it?

Date: January 26, 2018 15:47

I'm not going to say one way or another that the Saints had a bounty system in place or not. Too much he said - she said is offered as supposed "proof" to convince me one way or another.

That being said, according to this LA Times article, IF the Saints WERE running a bounty program for injuries caused, it was horribly ineffective. Summary: Despite the media outcry, an independent study speculated that Saints' players may have pretended to participate off the field but not put the tactics into action on the field. "If the Saints tended to injure more players, then teams that played them would tend to list more injuries the following week. To test whether the Saints injured more players than a typical team, one need only compare the number of players added to injury reports after a Saints game to the league-wide average. Did the New Orleans Saints injure more players? The data-driven answer is a resounding "no." The Saints appear to have injured far fewer players over the 2009, 2010 and 2011 seasons. The numbers are striking."

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 26, 2018 15:52

mr_dja
I'm not going to say one way or another that the Saints had a bounty system in place or not. Too much he said - she said is offered as supposed "proof" to convince me one way or another.

That being said, according to this LA Times article, IF the Saints WERE running a bounty program for injuries caused, it was horribly ineffective. Summary: Despite the media outcry, an independent study speculated that Saints' players may have pretended to participate off the field but not put the tactics into action on the field. "If the Saints tended to injure more players, then teams that played them would tend to list more injuries the following week. To test whether the Saints injured more players than a typical team, one need only compare the number of players added to injury reports after a Saints game to the league-wide average. Did the New Orleans Saints injure more players? The data-driven answer is a resounding "no." The Saints appear to have injured far fewer players over the 2009, 2010 and 2011 seasons. The numbers are striking."

Peace,
Mr DJA

well the saints defensive coordinator said they did so thats enough he said for me

Date: January 26, 2018 15:59

mr_dja

Peace,
Mr DJA

I like you Mr DJA, I know this is something you found and copy pasted here, so do not take this personally, but to me what the Aints did verged on criminal and I am still pissed off to this day.

I am still pissed off and Farve was not my qb, I had no money bet on the game... and I actually liked New Orleans in that game (more for liking Brees and the town than the team). But what I saw disgusted me.

It was video game type of dirty hitting, trying to fuk a man up. Trying to injure.

There is no explaining away that the Aints were a bunch of cheating dirty hitting fks trying to injure Brett Favre in that game which I watched with my own eyes.

If you did not see the game then you can not grasp how bad it was...
if you did see the game then you know no statistical fake news bs can explain it away.

If people want those types of hits to be OK, then make that the rules.... but the league will not last long becasue players will no longer be able to walk, let alone play.

Date: January 26, 2018 18:19

The Sicilian
Winning Ugly VXII
The Sicilian
Winning Ugly VXII

Jacksonville lost because their top defense couldn't hold a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. Their coach kneels down on a 65 second clock at the end of a half. The delay of game play was a bad one, but the head coach should have put him right out there instead of loafing around. Doug Marrone was out coached, but we in Buffalo expected that.

You can't blame the defense. 24 points allowed?? Brady comes back on everybody. Top defenses. Seattle in the Super Bowl a few years ago. Denver in the regular season overtime game a few years ago. San Francisco a few years ago ..... they came back from 30-something points down to tie the game. All top notch defenses at those respective times.

San Francisco ended up winning that game after Brady and New England came back to tie it because ..... S.F. MADE A PLAY ON OFFENSE TO ANSWER the come back ...... which Jacksonville and Bortles obviously could not do last week.

Even Seattle in the Super Bowl answered with some plays on offense to put themselves in a very good position to win the game. Then they made the infamous bad play call at the goal line to throw the ball over the middle into heavy traffic but,at least their offense made some plays to get them to that point.

Jacksonville and Bortles couln't even do that.

Why did Marrone run out the first half clock?? Maybe because Bortles was the quarterback. It seems like they had a good game plan for the players that were on the team. It obviously was not the plan to keep punting the ball back to Brady down the stretch. They had to because the offense didn't convert first downs in the fourth quarter.

If you want to beat Brady and New England in the playoffs,you have to be able to make plays in the passing game down the stretch.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 25 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1933
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home