Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2017 season
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 18, 2017 03:59

keefriffhard4life
did you miss that they dropped/cut/traded 7 guys who had made at least 1 pro bowl this offseason?

I did miss that, I don't follow it all like I used to, I just saw the bad play today. You will probably win that bet.

Date: September 18, 2017 04:52

Leonioid
keefriffhard4life
did you miss that they dropped/cut/traded 7 guys who had made at least 1 pro bowl this offseason?

I did miss that, I don't follow it all like I used to, I just saw the bad play today. You will probably win that bet.

eric decker, brandon marshall, nick mangold, sheldon richardson, david harris, breno giacomini, nick folk, darrell revis, marcus gilchrist, ryan clady, calvin pryor and maybe more are all gone and were important parts of the team the last few years. of course the 2 main QBs the last few years are also gone

Date: September 18, 2017 05:01

keefriffhard4life
Leonioid
keefriffhard4life

eric decker, brandon marshall, nick mangold, sheldon richardson, david harris, breno giacomini, nick folk, darrell revis, marcus gilchrist, ryan clady, calvin pryor and maybe more are all gone and were important parts of the team the last few years. of course the 2 main QBs the last few years are also gone
Wow, that IS a house cleaning and makes no sense to me. Have they stated what their intentions are, did they get a lot of good draft picks? Do they have a plan?

edit- looking it up...[www.google.com]

[www.usatoday.com]
USA Today story
As if the message coming from the New York Jets wasn’t clear — the spring departures of veterans such as wide receiver Brandon Marshall, center Nick Mangold and cornerback Darrelle Revis — it’s now official: The Jets are in full rebuild mode.
That’s really the only thing that can be taken away from Tuesday’s news out of Florham Park, N.J., after the team released veteran inside linebacker David Harris and informed Eric Decker that the receiver would be traded or released this week.
The timing of both moves was odd, coming near the completion of voluntary workouts and just before the start of a mandatory minicamp. By releasing both players, the Jets will add about $11 million in salary cap room. But if finances were the true concern, these moves could have been made earlier.
Instead, the Jets just look like a wreck.
Two years removed from being a playoff contender in the AFC East, it’s as though the Jets are trying to position themselves for the 2018 draft. If they were to lose enough games and land the No. 1 pick, they could have their pick of top passers. Rather than root for wins, Jets fans might find themselves rooting for draft position this season.
Meanwhile, Todd Bowles heads into his third season having to coach a team in transition. The Jets have arguably the league’s worst quarterback situation, with veteran Josh McCown competing with youngsters Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty. And, after the departures of Marshall and Decker, a receiving corps that will be led by Quincy Enunwa and Robby Anderson.
"We'll do everything in our power to be competitive," general manager Mike Maccagnan said at a news conference Tuesday while emphasizing the team was focused on creating opportunities for its young players. "We'll see how that unfolds."
It’s hard to imagine the Jets being competitive in the AFC East — not as the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots have stocked up on new offensive pieces this offseason. The Miami Dolphins, with quarterback Ryan Tannehill returning from a knee injury, were a playoff team last year, and the Buffalo Bills, with a new coaching staff, appear to be making moves to get better.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-18 05:11 by Leonioid.

Date: September 18, 2017 05:24

I believe its because they want a high draft pick to get a qb. They also I think picked up 2 other picks. I thought I saw that they will eventually have about 80 million in cap space from these moves.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 18, 2017 05:48

Patriots looked great today, although it was against the Saints defense.

Their receiving corps looks like a goddamned MASH unit: Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, Hogan, Dorsett all with various injuries.

Date: September 18, 2017 07:46

Ya know what the NFL needs? Some blue fields and dags that retrieve the tee after kickoffs

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-18 08:08 by Leonioid.

Date: September 22, 2017 10:21

Back to that crazy NFL playing in London this week, Baltimore vs Jacksonville starting at 6AM or something

FWIW- This [506sports.com] is a good map web site to see what games/announcers (early/late/etc) will shown in your town.

Date: September 22, 2017 16:10

Leonioid
Back to that crazy NFL playing in London this week, Baltimore vs Jacksonville starting at 6AM or something

FWIW- This [506sports.com] is a good map web site to see what games/announcers (early/late/etc) will shown in your town.
Seems like a silly waste of time to me. The players hate the travel and the time change.

Do the English really give a damn about American football in any way, shape or form?

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 22, 2017 16:40

Leonioid
Ya know what the NFL needs? Some blue fields and dags that retrieve the tee after kickoffs

[www.youtube.com]

I just now watched that video... While the blue field can take it's toll on my eyes after a while, I am now officially a fan of the DOG!!! I'm on the band wagon! Rooting for the blue field team to score just so the puppy can "go fetch"!!!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: September 22, 2017 16:55

Back to the NFL as opposed to NCAA...

What is it going to take to get rid of the stupid Thursday night 'color special' uniforms? Haven't enough of us complained yet? Last night a buddy and I were switching between the two NCAA games and the NFL game and it seemed that every time we switched back to the NFL we had to readjust our eyes. My buddy said the Rams looked like bananas. And for some reason the 9ers uniforms weren't any better.

I found myself wishing that I had held onto a pair of my eclipse glasses.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 22, 2017 19:02

@ least the game was better than expected

Date: September 22, 2017 19:19

crholmstrom
@ least the game was better than expected

That's true and actually a pleasant change so far this season.

I just hope there isn't a Thursday matchup of the Titans (in Smurf Blue) and whomever it was the other year that looked like a creamsicle. Was that Tampa? Something tells me that Seattle's colorburst uniforms were hard on my eyes as well... Kind of like UOregon's basketball neon uniforms

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: September 22, 2017 19:19

keefriff99
Leonioid

Seems like a silly waste of time to me. The players hate the travel and the time change.

Do the English really give a damn about American football in any way, shape or form?

It seems they really dont, I guess they sell some tickets, but it seems they couldn't really give a fk, but the NFL really wants a team there no matter how little the locals care, kind of like LA grinning smiley

How about that 27,000 seat stadium the Chargers are playing in... and it didn't sell out last week

Date: September 22, 2017 19:23

mr_dja
Leonioid

[www.youtube.com]

I just now watched that video... While the blue field can take it's toll on my eyes after a while, I am now officially a fan of the DOG!!! I'm on the band wagon! Rooting for the blue field team to score just so the puppy can "go fetch"!!!

Peace,
Mr DJA

smileys with beer Isnt Zee a GOOD DOG! ... Yeah the blue field is something else, but the DOG is great!

I found myself wishing that I had held onto a pair of my eclipse glasses.
grinning smiley LOL! Yup, some of those special uniforms look straight(awful) out of a video game

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-22 19:27 by Leonioid.

Date: September 24, 2017 13:45

a little English breakfast this morning. possible for me to watch 4 games today. think i'm going to stick to the 2 main ones, Hawks/Titans & Raiders/Washington team. GO HAWKS & RAIDERS!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 24, 2017 14:40

Hundreds of players are expected to take a knee today in support of the First Amendment and social justice... I will as well ('cept gonna need help up cool smiley )

Statement from my Seahawks..

And Pete Carrol-

Date: September 24, 2017 15:54

half the issue is the media keeps fanning the flames. we won't get into the other half out of respect to bv.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 24, 2017 19:01

Woohoo we live in interestin times; OT NFL thread bout to get SHUT DOWN for driftin into politics!

We live in a political world
Love don't have any place
We're living in times
Where men commit crimes
And crime don't have any face

--B. Dylan, "Political World"

Date: September 24, 2017 23:27

Pats JUST barely squeaked out a win. That defense is highly suspect...not good going forward.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: September 24, 2017 23:58

MisterDDDD
Hundreds of players are expected to take a knee today in support of the First Amendment and social justice... I will as well ('cept gonna need help up cool smiley )

Statement from my Seahawks..

And Pete Carrol-
[/quote

those players in my mind are a disgrace to the memories of those who died protecting their freedom

Date: September 25, 2017 00:23

Whoa, stop the @#$%& presses: who knew YOU would feel that way? I am SHOCKED.

Date: September 25, 2017 02:41

Poor Chargers, bunch of homeless orphans... playing in a closet at the shelter.

It seems in an alternate reality Rivers could have a much better record.
He seems to have all the right stuff... but always get noped out.

AND THE PACK WINS IT!!!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 25, 2017 03:54

Tom Brady proving once again that he is the greatest of all time!!!!!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 25, 2017 04:32

How about those Bills???

Date: September 25, 2017 06:28

SNF snoozenightfootball... so UNcompelling...

Why does the league give teams like this prime time coverage?

Why is Chris Collingsneck still paired with the great Al Michaels?
Collingsdork has been bad for years... Al needs a new partner.

This is the same path I have been down the last few years...
Watch my team... then try to watch some other games but it is boring I dont know why I should care.

I want to like it, but it is boring ball.

Date: September 25, 2017 13:45

it was a brutal sunday... sad smiley

Date: September 25, 2017 14:56

slew
Tom Brady proving once again that he is the greatest of all time!!!!!

well according to the week 1 redskins game Brady fumbled the ball away on that final drive and it wasn't called

Date: September 25, 2017 14:57

crholmstrom
it was a brutal sunday... sad smiley

seattle is probably done. By the time the issues on offense are fixed, which wasn't the issue yesterday, the defense will be too old and slow

Date: September 25, 2017 15:59

Leonioid
SNF snoozenightfootball... so UNcompelling...

Why does the league give teams like this prime time coverage?

Why is Chris Collingsneck still paired with the great Al Michaels?
Collingsdork has been bad for years... Al needs a new partner.

This is the same path I have been down the last few years...
Watch my team... then try to watch some other games but it is boring I dont know why I should care.

I want to like it, but it is boring ball.
Collinsworth has been paired with Michaels for YEARS. I think they're a damn solid broadcasting duo.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 25, 2017 16:25

Why not simply remove the National Anthem from sporting events? Let's keep politics out of sports. Do we not have a National Holiday to celebrate our country?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1898
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home