Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
$25,000 for two VIP M&G- Get them while they list
Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: August 18, 2017 03:23

Got this in my email today,

[www.ifonly.com]

Re: $25,000 for two VIP M&G- Get them while they list
Posted by: HankM ()
Date: August 18, 2017 03:59

I would love to be wealthy enough to consider blowing 25K to meet someone...
but even if I was that rich I do not think I would ever spend money to meet any anybody

I was just talking about meet and greets last night and they just seem weird to me.

Date: August 18, 2017 04:09

the fine print grinning smiley aka it's all about us, but we will try to accommodate you your $25,000

May require a background check

This experience is non-refundable once purchased

Because of unforeseen circumstances with luminaries’ schedules, experiences may be canceled or rescheduled. To allow for a smoother, more nimble booking process, guests are strongly urged to arrange for refundable airfare and accommodations when travel is required.

Logistics may not be released until the day before the event. Details are always subject to change; any updates will be shared via email or phone on the day of the event

Meet & greet timing is always subject to the artist's schedule, soundchecks, weather, etc. there may be fluidity to the timing during the experience

Please note that there will likely be other guests present that may have purchased or won the opportunity to meet the luminary as well; as such you may be asked to line up in order to meet them

Our luminaries always try to spend as much time as they can with their fans. However, in order to be sensitive to their pre-show obligations, their time may be limited to 15 seconds with each group

Please note that guests attending may be required to pass a background check

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 18, 2017 04:53

The only possible way to get your money's worth out of such an arrangement is for one VIP to show up in a Brian Jones mask and the other to show up in a Mick Taylor mask.

The one in the Brian Jones mask goes up to Keith and says, "How dare you call me an a$$hole in interviews!"

The one in the Mick Taylor mask asks Mick, "Where are my royalties?"

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 18, 2017 04:59

$12.5k for 15 seconds?? That's repulsive.

I would go through a lot to meet any one of the Stones, but not under those conditions.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 18, 2017 05:08

These guys don't have the basic sensibility to even be ashamed of themselves for stuff like this. I just gotta laugh and further seperate myself emotionally from thinking they are more than a brand or less than really disconnected, for all their super and even couragoues presence not only in music, but on the scene. I'll always love 'em truly. The band for me was NEVER these two...frankly and honestly; as much as I love the front guys and the writers...that band was never about two of them sniping and hiding and rolling out the great elite lifestyles of the rich and famous. The became equally boring, in degrees, as they became a brand. Bill is the key to really understanding the whole dymaic imo. I've got to get his best book sometime soon and enjoy it. I will always love their music. Sometimes the more attention I pay to their current and past few decades actually, of nonsense, the more I participate in helping them destroy, in a practical sense for coming generations, the precious holy spot they stood on; and the courageous brilliant things they pulled off while they cared to stand there and let it roll. God bless The Rolling Stones. Theses guys ain't really them...in a way, you know..if you dig the spirit, great respect, that is really driving this little rant that i'll probably erase. Love this site; love the fans...even love the band; but it's refreshing to not have to syncophant my way thru these changes w them. forgive me please.

Date: August 18, 2017 05:21

I tell you I would never do this. ever. if i had money to burn, seriously enough money that the base part of it would sustain itself and replenish itself with time just by sitting there. If it was crap throwaway money for a bright vacation with all the trimmings and more...and I had fiftytimes as much budged for stuff like that; I would not disgrace myself and the power of green to throw it away like this. It is totally not rock and roll. it could chage some peoples lives, it could save some people from the pits of degernative hell. It's an unoly act of ego for the particiapanst on both ends imo. awful.

This is what peeps do when they think their excrement presents itself as vital and inspiringly odorous as a field of lupine in a mounatain forest.
They gotta, but not about to ever, --- .... get a grip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-18 05:24 by hopkins.

Posted by: Tubeman ()
Date: August 18, 2017 05:40

If you read further down, the proceeds of these tickets are going to Community Links, which is a good cause. Its not going in the Stones pockets.

Community Links
Community Links is a social action charity, rooted in east London and nationally focused. For nearly 40 years Community Links have been working in the heart of east London tackling chronic poverty—unemployment, low educational attainment, poor health outcomes, and household deprivation. Our mission is to generate change in the communities of east London by running first rate practical activities to demonstrate that alternatives are possible and to share the learning with practitioners and policy-makers nationwide. We support over 16,000 people each year and run 25 social action projects, two social enterprises, and three national campaigns.

Date: August 18, 2017 05:55

stonehearted
The only possible way to get your money's worth out of such an arrangement is for one VIP to show up in a Brian Jones mask and the other to show up in a Mick Taylor mask.

The one in the Brian Jones mask goes up to Keith and says, "How dare you call me an a$$hole in interviews!"

The one in the Mick Taylor mask asks Mick, "Where are my royalties?"

grinning smiley
Now you are on to something...
and maybe there should also be someone is Wyman and Stu masks...

Hey!
This could be the embroyo of a new band concept...
like slipknot where everyone wears a mask and plays Stones music!

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: August 18, 2017 06:15

Sure it is.
Tubeman
If you read further down, the proceeds of these tickets are going to Community Links, which is a good cause. Its not going in the Stones pockets.

Community Links
Community Links is a social action charity, rooted in east London and nationally focused. For nearly 40 years Community Links have been working in the heart of east London tackling chronic poverty—unemployment, low educational attainment, poor health outcomes, and household deprivation. Our mission is to generate change in the communities of east London by running first rate practical activities to demonstrate that alternatives are possible and to share the learning with practitioners and policy-makers nationwide. We support over 16,000 people each year and run 25 social action projects, two social enterprises, and three national campaigns.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 18, 2017 06:33

....Only $10,000 ta meet with me ... 5 mins .... cash only ....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 18, 2017 06:55

Tubeman

Community Links

Thank you for that. I haven't read on anything else but this as I come back for a quick peak; and this page had been left open. So this is a relief right off the bat; I'm not gonna think it thru any further; I hope to God it's not a poverty pimp thing, as those are truly way over proliferate in my country; and with a particularly nasty social engineering/radical relionist/racist overstuffed and dangerous agenda; wracked with political collusion and back-door fraud. Biggest foundations, of coure, play quid pro quo with this shit just to define themselves and build empires and Foundations in homage of their own sweet assess; but you guys know me by now; humble and sweet; who am I to judge? These 'non profits' reel off endless accpomplishment thrju their own media but if you check their own industries hallmark and anchoring sites that serve these business' ... even those entities tell you all of their info is self-generated and not otherwise accountable in any manner. They have special donation programs for themselves; one of these non profits whole sale mission statement is to give money to industry execs and workers in their field; quite a load of valuable coin too; who may feel a little stressed at having to bill poor people for doing nothing...

hheh heh...i'm not gonna research Community Missing Links, bet it's a non profit tho; if you guys have 'em over there...i'm an ocean and a continent away, so maybe it's cleaner in UK; Here they all have twitter instagraqm accounts; their own media production companies; a lot of quid pro quo from the big corpations who want the imprimateur of caring for the slave class they ensure emperically forever, and somehow bill the government for creating syncophants and wage slaves....
...it's probs diff in UK, never been there. I'd so love to see Eastern Europe and Scandanvia though; Iceland I think would be a great place for me; i hope i can get up there some day....i know it's diff in other countries, so i shojldn't be so cynical...

..for sure it is in the Scandanavian countries, from the people I've met here from there; and actually very close essential family and personal relationships with citizens from Switzerland, Norway and Denmark....
...and pretty close pen-relationships with folks from several of those countries for decades; tho really I've never been there and can only judge by some really sweet and trusted friends

....I've actully hosted my Danish friends and their wives and kids over here over the years....and guess where I took them. right. I've reviewed that show in a general sense here over time; in my sloopy sloppy way....

so thanks for that information about the charity aspect; it's just me most likely; iIm not the type of fan who can tolerate much of that; I couldn't when I was young either, so age and grumpiness a factor, but not the whole story...

Still I guess; they are throwing the dog a bit of a bone. sixty second meet and greet at 12.5 is a hundred K per show pretty quick...

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 18, 2017 07:31

So this is the standard price for M&G and the offer on priceless is the Lucky Dip version.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 18, 2017 12:05

So the asking price also includes a seated ticket to the show = bargain!!

Well, some people are biting. The Dusseldorf allocation is sold out already.

And it pnly says that the Rolling Stones "support" that charity, with no indication of how much of the fee might actually be donated to it. Hopefully, a large proportion.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 18, 2017 12:36

How much do I have to pay them to allow me to decide on the setlist?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 18, 2017 14:56

Talent is the one thing other than beauty that always ends up getting prostituted. It's sort of inevitable, I suppose, but I stopped buying what they were selling a long time ago. My only recent Stones purchase was a five dollar t-shirt.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-18 15:06 by tatters.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 18, 2017 15:08

Rockman
....Only $10,000 ta meet with me ... 5 mins .... cash only ....

15 seconds at $ 25,000 =
$ 1,666 per second.

Deep breath:
"Hi Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie! I'm Kurt and this is my wifey. What's that? Yeah, we're from Detroit. Big Fans. Yeah, nice to meet you too. I've seen every tour since 1981. Right, yes. Quick question, So when you guys decided to finally" -
BUZZZZZZ.
So sorry. Out of Time.

NEXT!

Makes Rockman's offer quite enticing...
Depending on what's in store for the pre-game soiree: hospitality buffet and Swag Bag???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-18 15:12 by Kurt.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: August 18, 2017 15:26

Years ago I talked with Mick Taylor for free, and pobably I could have talked to him for 30 minutes... He was very nice, really.

Even if I was very wealthy I would never spend my money for such a ridiculous occasion. Either there is some opportunity for a proper conversation - which a meet & greet never is!, or forget it.

Date: August 18, 2017 16:14

new "Sympathy" lyrics....

Pleased to meet you, hope you pay pay pay.
Bet was troubling you is the price you got to pay!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: August 18, 2017 17:04

Tubeman

Community Links

The usual its for charity scam. Bullspit. They give fifty pounds to charity and keep the rest. What balls

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-18 17:05 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 18, 2017 17:35

Rokyfan

The usual its for charity scam. Bullspit. They give fifty pounds to charity and keep the rest. What balls

Nonsense.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 18, 2017 18:34

If it's only 15 seconds,
I want Mick to whisper obscenities in my ear.

"Sweet Nothings" is that more lady-like?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-18 19:26 by 35love.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: August 18, 2017 19:17

I'm amazed any of you believe that charity nonsense.

Date: August 18, 2017 19:55

Well it's all right now, in fact its a gas,
Well its alright, see me 10 seconds,I take your cash, cash. cash!

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: August 18, 2017 20:31

saltoftheearth
Years ago I talked with Mick Taylor for free, and pobably I could have talked to him for 30 minutes... He was very nice, really.

Me too... years ago I talked with Mick Taylor for a few minutes.
Really friendly guy.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 18, 2017 20:55

Tubeman

Community Links

Does the buyer get the tax receipt, or the Artist / management? A lot of wealthy folks do this kind of thing often when it's for charity - like Jon Stewart's Night Of Too Many Stars, raising money for Autism programs, where the celebs actioned off weird stuff for other celebs to buy...Chris Rock auctioned off an endorsement, Tommy Hilfiger paid over $30K for it, and I watched from the back of the balcony as the other celebs below rattled thei jewellery in appreciation. Definitely out of my snack bracket.

Date: August 19, 2017 02:15

for ten grand you can spend the whole weekend with me...nobody want to for free i notice haha; maybe i should start a non profit.

Date: August 19, 2017 02:15

ok five grand

Date: August 19, 2017 02:16

500 bux and you buy the food?

Date: August 19, 2017 02:16

Jesus work with me here people.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home