Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 13 of 17
Re: Rolling Stones NO FILTER Tour Rehearsals - August 2017
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 2, 2017 00:47

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who got into the very private show today. It's nice when they do something for the fan on the street (literally) .

sc uk

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: September 2, 2017 00:47

bv
When you are up close with the band it gets so emotional. You forget all the hard work and long days and nights. I will have a pint of bitter with my friends in London tonight. Then I will write my memories for myself so that I can read them shen I am old and sitting on a fence. Some memories are best kept in your heart and can not be resritten for otherd. I have.seen every Stones show in London since 1982 and tonight was a great memory from the band to us. And as it seems this band is eternal. They sound sp great!

So happy you were at the right place at the right time this time, since you missed it in Paris three years ago.
Nobody deserved it more than you!

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: September 2, 2017 00:55

We're jealous here back in the states. But sooo happy for you guys that got in. Awesome!

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 2, 2017 01:26

JJF and GS?
Warhorses. Some Chuck Berry or maybe Fingerprint File would have been better.

Just kidding!
What a cool thing. Sounds awesome.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 2, 2017 01:46

bv
The Rolling Stones are truely an amazing band. They invited ten fans into the rehearsals in London tonight. Thank you Mick. Thank you Keith. Thank you Charlie. Thank You Ronnie. Thank you everyone. Thank you The Rolling Stones. You are the best. Muchos Gracias!

Yada yada yada
HOW'S MICK?! grinning smiley

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: September 2, 2017 02:12

Gosh paulywall -I thought it was a bit of fun - sorry if I offended!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-02 02:13 by EJM.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 2, 2017 02:12

bv
When you are up close with the band it gets so emotional. You forget all the hard work and long days and nights. I will have a pint of bitter with my friends in London tonight. Then I will write my memories for myself so that I can read them shen I am old and sitting on a fence. Some memories are best kept in your heart and can not be resritten for otherd. I have.seen every Stones show in London since 1982 and tonight was a great memory from the band to us. And as it seems this band is eternal. They sound sp great!

Nice gesture by the band, kind of like getting on a new ride at DisneyWorld before the official opening.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 2, 2017 02:54

I think this is a really good sign for the upcoming shows that they let the fans into the rehearsals today it shows that they are feeling confident and ready to hit the stage.They are of course always superb but now they obviously realise they are coming towards the end of their career I think they will put everything they have into this tour it's going to be fantastic.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-02 02:55 by Nate.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 2, 2017 03:12

Thommie
bv

So happy you were at the right place at the right time this time, since you missed it in Paris three years ago.

No worries. I have seen them both in Paris, first time they invited fans into the studio, and now in London in the studio here. I will smile for a week now, until the show in Hamburg. Then more smiles smiling smiley

Bjornulf

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 2, 2017 03:13

Great gesture by the Stones. Congratulations to bv and the other lucky fans.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 2, 2017 03:15

Awesome to read these new updates!!!
smiling smileythumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmoking smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue outgrinning smileydrinking smileysmileys with beercool smileyhot smiley

Keep on rolling....................

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 2, 2017 08:23

EJM
Gosh paulywall -I thought it was a bit of fun - sorry if I offended!

Not in the slightest ...

It was all lies btw, MJ uses Sensodyne - not Colgate.

O ... the deceit, the deceit !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-02 11:26 by paulywaul.

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: September 2, 2017 08:37

bv
There were only ten out there and everyone was invited in. Big emotions, big big emotions.

Fantastic for you, you deserve it, Bjornulf !

And I'm also happy to hear they did not pick 10 people out of 30, because that would be very painfull for the ones that didn't get it.

I can imagine the big, big emotions !!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 2, 2017 11:12

Amazing. Always nice to hear when they do something like this. Must feel like the lucky 10 won the lottery, or even better depending how you look at it. Cheers!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 2, 2017 11:23

Happy for the people who got invited into the rehearsals.jeroen

Posted by: kaskatanas ()

Congratulaciones guys, Lucky you!! Veryyy nivel from our boys!!!

bye bye johnny
Great gesture by the Stones. Congratulations to bv and the other lucky fans.

Indeed so, a really really lovely gesture ! thumbs up cool smiley

And congrats of course to BV and the others

Would be really curious to know how they SOUNDED ... apart from 'wonderful' that is ! We take that bit for granted needless to say. Any 'variations' of note on the latest n' greatest versions of JJF & Shelter, or are they sticking pretty much to the same sound & arrangements of the last few years ... ?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 2, 2017 11:39

BV - I am happy for you and the other 9. What a great gesture. I love that band.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 2, 2017 11:50

bv
There were only ten out there and everyone was invited in.

That's great

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 2, 2017 12:13

Nice gesture and very happy for those who got in, brings back happy memories of Bondy. Very, very emotional indeed, back to being a little kid before Christmas ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: September 2, 2017 12:30

bv
Thommie
bv

No worries. I have seen them both in Paris, first time they invited fans into the studio, and now in London in the studio here. I will smile for a week now, until the show in Hamburg. Then more smiles smiling smiley[

Wow .......Bjornulf i can imagine how fantastic it was.....dreams came sometimes true

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 2, 2017 12:32

Congrats BV; you work so hard for them and have done so much for all of us here with IORR; it's fine and fitting you'd have a close-up personal groove-on directly with them.
I'm really happy for you; that's super duper; you've more than earned it; thanks from here and what a great story!

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: September 2, 2017 13:42

That's awesome!! Congrats to BV and all those lucky enough to attend. What songs did they play?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 2, 2017 14:40

They played gimme shelter and jumpin jack flash

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 2, 2017 15:03

They really played JJF and Shelter? OMG, I can't believe they dusted off those classics! When was the last time we heard those? OK, I'm just being a jerk. At this stage I'm truly thrilled they are still playing at all. We should be grateful for anything they give us. Back in the Big Four era, did any of us think they would be still playing in their seventies? A lot of folks were shocked that they continued to play in their forties and fifties. And now it's 2017 and they're packing their road cases again. I think they truly will go till they drop.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 2, 2017 15:15

so I guess it was the smallest audience they ever played to AND their shortest show, too

Date: September 2, 2017 15:26

HonkeyTonkFlash
They really played JJF and Shelter? OMG, I can't believe they dusted off those classics! When was the last time we heard those? OK, I'm just being a jerk. At this stage I'm truly thrilled they are still playing at all. We should be grateful for anything they give us. Back in the Big Four era, did any of us think they would be still playing in their seventies? A lot of folks were shocked that they continued to play in their forties and fifties. And now it's 2017 and they're packing their road cases again. I think they truly will go till they drop.

RW is quoted as saying 'we will rock till we drop' !! Seems as if that's increasingly likely, given the nature of the roll they're currently on !! thumbs up

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 2, 2017 15:47

paulywaul
HonkeyTonkFlash

RW is quoted as saying 'we will rock till we drop' !! Seems as if that's increasingly likely, given the nature of the roll they're currently on !! thumbs up

Nothing would shock me about this band now, NOTHING! They clearly love what they do and it keeps them active. A 2 month tour on a year with leisurely activity in the other 10 probably suits them fine. I think they'll carry on until one of them can't any more.

Every tour since 1982 could have been their last tour and every time, many thought it was! When BtB ended up in Cologne in 1999, many thought 'that was it'. But nope, 18 years on and here we all are and isn't it just magic smileys with beer

Date: September 2, 2017 16:10

grzegorz67
paulywaul
HonkeyTonkFlash

Nothing would shock me about this band now, NOTHING! They clearly love what they do and it keeps them active. A 2 month tour on a year with leisurely activity in the other 10 probably suits them fine. I think they'll carry on until one of them can't any more.

Every tour since 1982 could have been their last tour and every time, many thought it was! When BtB ended up in Cologne in 1999, many thought 'that was it'. But nope, 18 years on and here we all are and isn't it just magic smileys with beer

Yup, would be inclined to agree, I think that's how it goes from hereon ...

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 2, 2017 16:12

The lucky ones?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 13 of 17

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1347
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10