Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Swarkestone and The Rolling Stones
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: August 17, 2017 00:39

Anyone wanting a luxury weekend away with their very own Special Person might want to look here....

[www.landmarktrust.org.uk]

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Re: Swarkestone and The Rolling Stones
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 17, 2017 07:46

CaptainCorella
Anyone wanting a luxury weekend away with their very own Special Person might want to look here....

[www.landmarktrust.org.uk]

very cool...thx for sharing this Cap'n!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 17, 2017 09:51

Darn, I wish the Landmark Trust had owned this in the days when I lived over there and we took frequent Landmark weekends. (Can totally recommend this organization if anybody is thinking of using them, great value and every property is fascinating in different ways.)

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: August 17, 2017 11:12

FTA- Once a shell without roof or floors but now restored and majestic... and for rent

The pavilion belonged to Swarkestone Hall, a great house demolished by 1750. The pavilion survived thanks to the Harpur Crewe family of Calke, but it had long been a shell when we took it on. We re-roofed it and put back floors and windows to recreate the room in which you live and sleep. Glimpse the stars as you flit across the roof to the bathroom in one of the turrets.

Date: August 17, 2017 12:04

I have always really loved those Troubadour pictures. The ones from 'Hot Rocks' and 'Beggars Banquet'.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: August 17, 2017 15:20

Aquamarine
Darn, I wish the Landmark Trust had owned this in the days when I lived over there and we took frequent Landmark weekends. (Can totally recommend this organization if anybody is thinking of using them, great value and every property is fascinating in different ways.)

A fascinating collection of buildings that quite often were/are follys.

2 years ago we spent a week in Landmark properties on Lundy - which was, ahem, interesting.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1310
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home