Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT Liam Gallagher
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 15, 2017 02:45

crumbling_mice
I like Liam, and Noel for that matter. The first two Oasis albums were very good, after that it kind of faded away to the odd decent track here and there.

Yes, they can be irritating and possibly some of the fall outs are contrived to get the headlines etc, but you need characters in rock and they never fail to tip their hats to their rock predecessors.

Without the likes of the Gallagher Bros, you're left with a pretty insipid line up in the UK rock scene. Everyone doing nicey nice interviews with the media and allowing the record companies to dictate what and when they do it.

Completely agreed

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 15, 2017 03:20

paulywaul

Liam Gallagher epitomises what is referred to in the UK as a northern git ... !!

A rather derogatory term it must be said, and certainly not applicable to zillions of fine upstanding people from the north of the UK, but in the case of this particular person - who is by any standards a loudmouth talentless gobs***e - the term is 100 percent appropriate. Nothing that Liam Gallagher has ever done, said, or sang has been worth a t*** !!

He is the personification of a northern git, a term that anyone born and raised in the UK will fully understand, and has never had - and continues not to have - anything remotely worthwhile to offer !

END OF RANT !! grinning smiley hot smiley thumbs up

This is all a bit odd though because the north of UK is Inverness and Orkney etc. grinning smiley tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 15, 2017 03:56

crumbling_mice
I like Liam, and Noel for that matter. The first two Oasis albums were very good, after that it kind of faded away to the odd decent track here and there.

Yes, they can be irritating and possibly some of the fall outs are contrived to get the headlines etc, but you need characters in rock and they never fail to tip their hats to their rock predecessors.
Liam has failed several times, most notoriously, when he heard that George Harrison thought Oasis was better without him: [www.youtube.com]

Liam wasn't too happy to hear this, as you can see: [www.youtube.com]

Below are some of his other fails.

Liam has gone on record as having this to say about Keith Richards and George Harrison: “They’re jealous and senile and not getting enough @#$%& meat pies.”

On Ozzie Osbourne: “How come everyone thinks he’s great? He’s a bit of a fooking mong, if you ask me.”

On Bob Dylan: “I know all about him and that, but he’s a bit of a miserable @#$%& as far as I’m concerned. I like that tune he did ‘Lay Lady Lay’. People go nuts for him, but he doesn’t really do it for me.”

Date: August 15, 2017 08:40

stonehearted
crumbling_mice

Liam has failed several times, most notoriously, when he heard that George Harrison thought Oasis was better without him: [www.youtube.com]

Liam wasn't too happy to hear this, as you can see: [www.youtube.com]

Below are some of his other fails.

Liam has gone on record as having this to say about Keith Richards and George Harrison: “They’re jealous and senile and not getting enough @#$%& meat pies.”

On Ozzie Osbourne: “How come everyone thinks he’s great? He’s a bit of a fooking mong, if you ask me.”

On Bob Dylan: “I know all about him and that, but he’s a bit of a miserable @#$%& as far as I’m concerned. I like that tune he did ‘Lay Lady Lay’. People go nuts for him, but he doesn’t really do it for me.”

But... coming from Liam, this is praising grinning smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 15, 2017 11:09

His Majesty
paulywaul

Liam Gallagher epitomises what is referred to in the UK as a northern git ... !!

A rather derogatory term it must be said, and certainly not applicable to zillions of fine upstanding people from the north of the UK, but in the case of this particular person - who is by any standards a loudmouth talentless gobs***e - the term is 100 percent appropriate. Nothing that Liam Gallagher has ever done, said, or sang has been worth a t*** !!

He is the personification of a northern git, a term that anyone born and raised in the UK will fully understand, and has never had - and continues not to have - anything remotely worthwhile to offer !

END OF RANT !! grinning smiley hot smiley thumbs up

This is all a bit odd though because the north of UK is Inverness and Orkney etc. grinning smiley tongue sticking out smiley

Actually, places like Inverness and Orkney will soon be parts of a new country, an 'independent' country no less !!

At least, that's according to the gospels of Saints Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: August 15, 2017 11:12

And good luck to them, they can invite Liam (useless gobs***e) Gallagher to live up there with them. They'll all get on very well together, they have one very crucial thing in common ... nothing but s**t comes out of their mouths !!

grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

Date: August 15, 2017 11:20

jlowe
Is Macca a 'Northern Git' then ?!

What would you think ?

Date: August 15, 2017 16:58

paulywaul

Actually, places like Inverness and Orkney will soon be parts of a new country, an 'independent' country no less !!

At least, that's according to the gospels of Saints Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon !!

paulywaul
And good luck to them, they can invite Liam (useless gobs***e) Gallagher to live up there with them. They'll all get on very well together, they have one very crucial thing in common ... nothing but s**t comes out of their mouths !!

Actually, you're speaking more s**t than all 3 of them combined. grinning smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 15, 2017 17:04

paulywaul
jlowe
Is Macca a 'Northern Git' then ?!

What would you think ?

Well, its all very confusing. You see some people think that anywhere North of Watford...is Northern. Others see Sheffield as the 'border'.
Us Northerners tend to use the word 'get' rather than 'git' actually.
John Lennon's classic 'I'm So Tired' includes in its lyrics:
'...and curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get'.
Now Sir Walter was born in Devon, which is nearly as far south in England as you can get (that word again).
So he could have called him a 'Southern stupid get', but maybe he didn't want to upset some of his fan base.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: August 15, 2017 19:54

never liked liam or oasis. they were so far up themselves, no humility, they talked a good game and as a band were a boring monodrome.

made a couple of good songs but the well known ones were poor, they seemed to think they were the next big band, and that they were so much better than most, in fact in the big scheme of things they are nothing, liam is an idiot.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 15, 2017 23:48

buttons67
never liked liam or oasis. they were so far up themselves, no humility, they talked a good game and as a band were a boring monodrome.

made a couple of good songs but the well known ones were poor, they seemed to think they were the next big band, and that they were so much better than most, in fact in the big scheme of things they are nothing, liam is an idiot.

Between 1995 and 2005, in regards to the UK Charts. Oasis were the most successful
Act.
But I would agree that to continue (which seems unlikely) would invoke the law of diminishing returns. I always thought Noel to be the real talent of the two but Liam is good at getting noticed of course.
By the way I believe that (unlike many groups) they have managed the business side very well, with own control of copyrights.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: August 16, 2017 01:26

I liked Oasis' first and second album and a few songs afterwards.

They were very much of their time.

Liam, well lost any respect for him after he lost that actress from Lethal Weapon 2...he should've held on to her like from death

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 16, 2017 06:04

If you want to check out the ultimate Liam being Liam, take a look at the youtube concert Oasis, second night in a $#iT HOLE>>>IT doesn't get more Liam than this!
....Filmed the night after Familiar to Millions, same setlist, but yet totally different. While Liam is a complete train-wreck, I can't stop watching thisgrinning smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 16, 2017 06:21

One of their best performances was the MTV unplugged performance when Lliam sat out the concert, leaving Noel to sing lead on all vocals:

"Maybe the oddest moment in the series arrived in 1996 when Oasis performed – mostly because of the backstory. At the day of the performance, the band readied themselves for the show, the crowd had filed into their seats, when, out of nowhere, singer Liam Gallagher pulled out at the last minute, citing a sore throat. This stirred the pot a little, but didn’t prohibit the show from happening as brother Noel Gallagher said that he would take over the singing duties, instead. The show went on as planned, without Liam on stage, but he didn’t leave the building. He sat above the band on a balcony, got drunk, and heckled his bandmates and brother throughout the entire performance. Looking back, it’s amazing the band lasted as long as they did".

Lliam is an idiot

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 16, 2017 10:41

always had a soft spot for the bloke, probably always will.
Keep rocking Liam!

Date: August 16, 2017 11:19

Adrian-L
always had a soft spot for the bloke, probably always will.
Keep rocking Liam!

Same here! I don't really like their music (or his voice), but there's something about him...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 16, 2017 12:36

BluzDude
If you want to check out the ultimate Liam being Liam, take a look at the youtube concert Oasis, second night in a $#iT HOLE>>>IT doesn't get more Liam than this!
....Filmed the night after Familiar to Millions, same setlist, but yet totally different. While Liam is a complete train-wreck, I can't stop watching thisgrinning smiley

[www.youtube.com]

I was there and knew it was being filmed and clearly Liam knew too eye rolling smiley. I have it on an old celluloid video somewhere as my brother recorded it for me. I think it was either broadcast live or with a 1 hour delay.

It's fairly we'll known that Liam went out on an all night bender the night between these 2 shows and prepared for the 2nd show with about 30 cups of coffee. An absolutely shameful way to prepare to play in front of an audience who'd stumped up a collective £2m+ to be there. He actually wandered onto the stage a couple of hours before they were due on.

Noel showed very commendible restraint. A few songs in Liam made a very crudely worded request for young ladies of a particular physique to strip to the waist with the promise that they'd appear on the big screens. There was no shortage of volunteers and several were shown close up on the big screens for their 30 seconds of fame. It was a very chavvy British occasion with a very 'Oasis' drunken Audience. The whole of Wembley was GA so I sat in a seat at the side near the front as I wouldn't dare stand on the pitch at an Oasis show, given the usual make-up of their audiences.

It was widely expected at the time that Oasis would split up after these shows with their star in decline, but remarkably they lasted another 9 years until Liam smashed up Noel's favourite guitar just before they were due on stage in France and Noel decided enough was enough. They've barely spoken since.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-16 12:41 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 16, 2017 12:43

BluzDude
....Filmed the night after Familiar to Millions, same setlist, but yet totally different. While Liam is a complete train-wreck, I can't stop watching this

[www.youtube.com]

Happy Days! smileys with beer

Date: August 16, 2017 12:51

MadMax
BluzDude
....Filmed the night after Familiar to Millions, same setlist, but yet totally different. While Liam is a complete train-wreck, I can't stop watching this

[www.youtube.com]

Wow! Good find. I'll watch that sometime and see if it was as mad as I remember it.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 16, 2017 12:52

Furthermore I can't help but notice now when I've followed his Bobness closely for the last 5 years since Tempest; During Long And Wasted Years Bob does a really great Liam impersonado when he sings the song. Brilliant.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: August 16, 2017 22:00

In my opinion the Gallaghers were the last rockstars, who celebrated their fame and cultivated their image. It is great to watch videos taped after their breakthrough,seeing lads, who were unemployed a year ago, getting that succesful. Liam has the right voice for these kind of songs. As a teenager I loved Oasis. Yet there is one big difference to the Stones: The Stones can play their early numbers at the age they have reached. When I was 17, I listened to "Live forever" - now I prefer tracks from the underrated album "Be here now",from a period when Oasis took lots of cocaine, but had started to grow up. Lyrics like "Maybe I will never be, all the things that I'd like to be, but now is not the time to cry, now's the time to find out why" do not catch me anymore, and I do not believe that Liam Gallagher can perform them by now, as he is in his mid-fourties. Noel has done good soloalbums, Liam is in very good shape, but he will have to focus on the later tracks. He cannot jump on the stage and sing: "Toniiight, I'm a rock'n'roooooll star". Albums like "Out of our Heads" or BB, LIB, SF, EOMS and others work for people of almost every generation nowadays.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-16 22:11 by windmelody.

Date: August 17, 2017 01:50

BluzDude

[www.youtube.com]

Best thing about that is Kelly Brook. grinning smiley

Date: August 17, 2017 02:34

His Majesty
BluzDude

[www.youtube.com]

Best thing about that is Kelly Brook. grinning smiley

I saw her there, leaning on the balcony above me, and umm overhanging a bit..winking smiley

Date: August 17, 2017 02:44

grzegorz67

I saw her there, leaning on the balcony above me, and umm overhanging a bit..winking smiley

Ace! grinning smiley

Date: August 17, 2017 04:34

MadMax
BluzDude

[www.youtube.com]

Thought it a great set. Liam really directing everything he said to his left, LOL. That crowd - all guys. I dont see how some say Liam is not a great frontman.

Date: August 17, 2017 10:50

His Majesty
paulywaul

paulywaul

Actually, you're speaking more s**t than all 3 of them combined. grinning smiley

Couldn't agree more, speaking complete and utter bo**ocks most of the time is my speciality !!

Well noticed by you !!

Date: August 17, 2017 13:20

grinning smileysmileys with beer

Date: August 17, 2017 18:44

NO-ONE but No-one talks more unadulerated crap than Liam Gallagher! I watched some of that last night and his behaviour was even worse than I remember it. Missing lyrics, coming in at the wrong time, singing off key, the lot. Noel handled the whole thing very professionally and played a blinder in keeping his cool. Had he not done so, the show would have been a disaster.

I remember Kelly Brook's gold sparkly top as she leaned over the balcony above amid commotion in the crowd. I hardly knew who she even was until my friend pointed it out to me.

Noel is doing fine on his own, is a perfectly decent singer himself and I can't see Oasis ever reforming now, although 1 former member has just joined Noel's new band. Liam only has himself to blame for that. Fool!

Date: August 17, 2017 19:19

grzegorz67

I remember Kelly Brook's gold sparkly top as she leaned over the balcony above amid commotion in the crowd. I hardly knew who she even was until my friend pointed it out to me.

You know that scene in The Wolf On Wall Street where the character played by Jonah Hill see's Margot what's her face for the first time and he just has to get to it right there and then?

That'd be me if I saw Kelly Brook in person. grinning smileyhot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-17 19:49 by His Majesty.

Date: August 17, 2017 19:29

His Majesty
grzegorz67

You know that scene in The Wolf On Wall Street where the character played by Jonas Hill see's Margot what's her face for the first time and he just has to get to it right there and then?

That'd be me if I saw Kelly Brook in person. grinning smileyhot smiley

grinning smiley
hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-17 19:31 by grzegorz67.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1856
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home