Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT Liam Gallagher
Posted by: mandu ()
Date: August 14, 2017 03:41

I live in Shenzhen (China)and Liam Gallagher did a show here and we dont normaly get a big name act coming our way they always go to Hong Kong.

but anyway I got my ticket went to the show on the 12th of August it started at 8pm and finished an hour later that was it one hour.

Liam is young how the hell do you only play for one hour.The Rolling Stones are in there 70s and play for 2 hours.

I enjoyed the show but it was way too short,tickets were not cheap.

Mick runs around and sings Liam just stands there and sings.kinda angry about the time on how long it went for

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Re: OT Liam Gallagher
Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: August 14, 2017 03:44

Because he is an idiot

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 14, 2017 04:00

& a putz.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 14, 2017 04:53

Although I do enjoy several Oasis songs quite a bit, the Gallagher brothers' antics have always been insufferable and contrived. They tried so hard to be rock'n'roll's new bad boys from the moment they burst on the scene in the '90s.

I'm sure the brotherly conflict was real but so much else about their image felt forced and a pitiful rehash of bands of old.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 14, 2017 05:05

Their first two albums were great, but haven't stood the test of time or aged very well imo.
Lliam is an idiot.

Date: August 14, 2017 09:31

Love Liam's attitude and style (mostly off stage, that is).

As a singer he is only mediocre. As a frontman he's a disaster, imo.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 14, 2017 09:45

Hairball
Their first two albums were great, but haven't stood the test of time or aged very well imo.
I'm not a big fan by any means, I really only know their Morning Glory album, but that album has aged excellently IMO. It still sounds pretty fresh and its just a damn catchy album. I don't know what you'd find wrong with it unless a person just doesn't like Oasis. But thats not really aging poorly then.

It shouldn't be a case of "You should know better" with anyone. All of these performers should be giving it their 100% and if you don't like it or can't don't go out and charge people. I listened to his interview with Howard Stern the other week and it was really good but man he walked on eggshells for Liam the whole time. The same way people do that to Axl Rose. People just let them get away with anything they want, at least in an interview. It enables them to continue acting that way, whereas they should be ostracized, no matter how good their talent is, IMO.

Having said that, this isn't uncommon for the guy, as far as I know, and he's one of those people you just have to be prepared for disappointment. Thats not right, but again if you're a fan at all its really nothing new. You shouldn't be thankful that he came to your place if you're saying you don't get big names most times but, yknow, also appreciate that he could have not come at all. Also, how expensive could Liam solo tickets be? They couldn't be THAT much, and if they are I have assume thats a country thing not a him specific thing. But maybe I'm wrong. Yes, he should do more like others way older than him do, but again this just isn't anything new so if people get burned its more on them than him. He's made himself pretty clear over the last 20 years that he does whatever he wants. And I'm not a fan and don't respect that. But I'm also aware of it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 14, 2017 09:49

Heck I know he's a right bleeedin geeeeezer but man you guys have sure gone in swingin' hard on poor ole Liam ....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 14, 2017 10:03

I think he is a riot. It's the way he's wired. I think he really just doesn't give a f*ck. I read he just came off another show where he left after 20 minutes.
Maybe it's that LV syndrome.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 14, 2017 10:06

RollingFreak
Hairball
I'm not a big fan by any means, I really only know their Morning Glory album, but that album has aged excellently IMO. It still sounds pretty fresh and its just a damn catchy album. I don't know what you'd find wrong with it unless a person just doesn't like Oasis. But thats not really aging poorly then.

Let me clarify my opinion for you then.

I bought both albums when they were first released, along with all 7" and 12" vinyl singles - and loved them all while they were still a relevant band in '94/'95. By the time their third album came out in '97, they had become a mockery of themselves. The last time I listened to those first two albums was a few years ago, and some of it was cringeworthy. For me, they sound contrived, dated, haven't stood the test of time, and haven't aged well.

On a positive note, I was told by a friend who works at a record store in London that my original mint vinyl copy of What's the Story can easily fetch up to £80 (apprx. $104), so evidently there are some who still value them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-14 10:08 by Hairball.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 14, 2017 11:00

Reminds me when visiting a Elvis Costello Concert in Stockholm 1978 when he we're playing only for 47 minutes...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 14, 2017 11:13

I've met Liam on a couple of occasions both in Europe and in America and I must tell you he is great when he meets "the common man". Great memory too, he always seems to remember you.

He is very humble and forthcoming when he meets ordinary people and always take his time to write autographes and shake hands. Only the papparazzis get what they deserve.

You don't have to jump around when performing, the music will do the talking. The second Beady Eye record was brilliant as were Oasis 2 last albums IMHO (2005 and 2009). Only Stones and The Who are at a higher level band-wise in Rock n Roll hierarchy, and Led Zep, The Band, Purple and Beatles are about equal.

IMHO the only REAL Rock n Roll Star to emerge during the last 30 years. And by REAL I mean a Keef, Moonie, Ronnie, Thunders-kinda guy. The solo record sounds alright, though it ain't no Talk Is Cheap or Main Offender.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-14 11:14 by MadMax.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 14, 2017 11:47

DandelionPowderman

Liam Gallagher epitomises what is referred to in the UK as a northern git ... !!

A rather derogatory term it must be said, and certainly not applicable to zillions of fine upstanding people from the north of the UK, but in the case of this particular person - who is by any standards a loudmouth talentless gobs***e - the term is 100 percent appropriate. Nothing that Liam Gallagher has ever done, said, or sang has been worth a t*** !!

He is the personification of a northern git, a term that anyone born and raised in the UK will fully understand, and has never had - and continues not to have - anything remotely worthwhile to offer !

END OF RANT !! grinning smiley hot smiley thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: August 14, 2017 11:59

paulywaul
DandelionPowderman

Liam Gallagher epitomises what is referred to in the UK as a northern git ... !!

A rather derogatory term it must be said, and certainly not applicable to zillions of fine upstanding people from the north of the UK, but in the case of this particular person - who is by any standards a loudmouth talentless gobs***e - the term is 100 percent appropriate. Nothing that Liam Gallagher has ever done, said, or sang has been worth a t*** !!

He is the personification of a northern git, a term that anyone born and raised in the UK will fully understand, and has never had - and continues not to have - anything remotely worthwhile to offer !

LOL! grinning smiley thumbs up

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 14, 2017 12:16

DandelionPowderman
paulywaul
DandelionPowderman

I am glad you approve of my analysis !!!

grinning smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: August 14, 2017 12:20

paulywaul
DandelionPowderman
paulywaul
DandelionPowderman

I am glad you approve of my analysis !!!

grinning smiley

Let's agree on his bullshit (or gobshite) being more suitable off stage than on stage winking smiley

The 90s was a boring decade musically, imo. We needed Liam's antics for a (short) while, hehe.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: August 14, 2017 12:24

ticket cost

380rmb

680rmb-120 australian

1400rmb-220 australian

not sure what that is in pounds or US dollars

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: August 14, 2017 13:33

Van Morrison does 90 minutes exactly and then walks. He even has a big countdown style digital clock backstage - if you are at the right angle you can see it. An hour does seem short though, is it lack of material?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 14, 2017 16:36

MadMax
I've met Liam on a couple of occasions both in Europe and in America and I must tell you he is great when he meets "the common man". Great memory too, he always seems to remember you.

He is very humble and forthcoming when he meets ordinary people and always take his time to write autographes and shake hands. Only the papparazzis get what they deserve.

I never met them and never liked their songs that much. Of course they have some good songs but what I didn't like was their attitude onstage. Watching "Supersonic" - the Oasis documentary - didn't help to change my way of thinking as well.

Last week I was talking with a friend who is a big Oasis fan and I told her my thoughts about them. Then she sent me this video which pretty much sums up to what you wrote, MadMax.

Liam Gallagher meets some young fans in Dublin

Date: August 14, 2017 16:43

Cristiano Radtke
MadMax

I never met them and never liked their songs that much. Of course they have some good songs but what I didn't like was their attitude onstage. Watching "Supersonic" - the Oasis documentary - didn't help to change my way of thinking as well.

Last week I was talking with a friend who is a big Oasis fan and I told her my thoughts about them. Then she sent me this video which pretty much sums up to what you wrote, MadMax.

That's awesome! thumbs up

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 14, 2017 17:48

Cristiano Radtke
MadMax

Gotta give him major props for that. That is goddamn cool.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: August 14, 2017 17:52

I like Oasis, don't love them, but I like them. A much needed rock n roll band in the 90s.

I've met Liam twice, both times in pubs by pure chance. He was very approachable, amazingly down to earth, and in no way a northern git.

I believe he is struggling with his voice at the moment, and that might explain the short show.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: August 14, 2017 17:53

He is one of the worst frontmen, I ever saw in a pop-/rockband. I saw him with Oasis in the late 90s.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: August 14, 2017 18:09

Liam is not the Rock and Roll casualty people think he is, he is a deep thinker with a big generous heart, when he doesn't let himself down with too much booze he is a top man as they say up north.
He's just a bit different and comes across as too direct but underneath it all he is a big softie. He's grown up some lately, i like him because i can identify with him. Met him in a bar in London a few years ago and he got drinks for everyone and was so entertaining, a real laugh. He's not very Politically correct and i also admire him for that.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 14, 2017 18:12

strat72
I like Oasis, don't love them, but I like them. A much needed rock n roll band in the 90s.

I've met Liam twice, both times in pubs by pure chance. He was very approachable, amazingly down to earth, and in no way a northern git.

I believe he is struggling with his voice at the moment, and that might explain the short show.

My feelings too. I saw Oasis twice - in 2000 and 2009 at the old Wembley and new. At the 2000 show, Liam was off his face on goodness knows what, swore his head off and frequently fluffed his lines. In 2009 they gave a cracker of a show, 6 weeks before parting.

I have however heard from numerous sources that away from the showbizz goldfsih bowl, Liam is usually remarkably down to Earth and normal. You feel that the hell raising antics are somewhat contrived.

Noel was at O2 Show 1 in November 2012. I stood right next to him om the concourse outside. Didn't speak with him but I met others who did and they said he was very sociable.

So it seems that many of supposed stars contrive to behave badly just to make themselves 'interesting' and seek attention. It's been happening since... forever.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: August 14, 2017 20:14

potus43
Because he is an idiot

thumbs up

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 14, 2017 22:26

Never knew the difference between Liam and Noel, never cared enough. I know one of them is supposed to be the huge pain in the ass, I am almost sure that is Liam.

No matter, Oasis still had some some serious kick-ass tunes back in the day. I'm glad someone brought it up, I haven't listed to them in a long time. I'll have to correct that.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: August 14, 2017 23:08

I like Liam, and Noel for that matter. The first two Oasis albums were very good, after that it kind of faded away to the odd decent track here and there.

Yes, they can be irritating and possibly some of the fall outs are contrived to get the headlines etc, but you need characters in rock and they never fail to tip their hats to their rock predecessors.

Without the likes of the Gallagher Bros, you're left with a pretty insipid line up in the UK rock scene. Everyone doing nicey nice interviews with the media and allowing the record companies to dictate what and when they do it.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 14, 2017 23:18

Is Macca a 'Northern Git' then ?!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 14, 2017 23:21

jlowe
Is Macca a 'Northern Git' then ?!

He's only a Northern song(writer). spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home