Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keiths girl friends?
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 12, 2017 23:07

Did Keith had a girl friend before Anita? strangely enough I can't remember any......

Re: Keiths girl friends?
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 12, 2017 23:22

Linda Keith.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 13, 2017 00:40

Oh yeah, now I remember I thought for a moment it was one of Brians girl friends......funny I never saw a picture Keith and Linda together (or I missed something)

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 13, 2017 05:35

Ronnie Spector.

Date: August 13, 2017 10:19

Jolie Jones in '72
Uschi Obermaier in '75

Keith seemed more interested in guitar and music. Then once dope enters your life, everything else becomes secondary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-13 12:55 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 13, 2017 12:09

In the wacky world of show biz, what constitutes a girl friend?
An internet site 'Who's dated whom' lists about 15 girls for Keith. I would imagine Mick's runs into the hundreds!
Its been said that Marianne and Keith had 'flings' in 1966 and 1968. Girl friend? I don't think so.
But the 'moral' Keith seemed to have an open relationship with Anita which makes his jealousy of Mick during the Performance filming somewhat contrary.

Re Linda Keith:
Was introduced to Keith via Andrew Oldham's (eventual) wife Sheila Klein. (ironic surname). ALO thought it was time Keith went out with something other than his guitar.
She was 17 at the time, parents well heeled. Dad was a UK Radio broadcaster who lived till he was 95 (I think).
Brother is Sir Brian Keith, a High Court Judge. Her Uncle was David Kossoff, father of Paul (guitarist in the 60/70s band Free.
Apparantly her relationship with Keith went downhill after he bought Redlands. Not sure why? But drugs became a problem for her. In 1967/8 she was seen with Brian Jones. Not a good direction to take obviously.
Has been with Leeds born Music Producer John Porter since the 1970s. Currently lives in New Orleans. Seems to keep a low profile. Contributed to the Barbara Charrone bio of Keith. Also interviewed in the Hendrix documentary (1973 or thereabouts).
Not known if she and Keith gave had any sort of contact since 1967.

Date: August 13, 2017 12:27

Didn't Linda leave Keith for Jimi? Not sure if the "problems with drugs-theory" holds true...

In the MSG 69 backstage clip, Keith and Jimi are talking about her.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: August 13, 2017 18:58

35love
Ronnie Spector.

Nope. Keith rewrites history.

Date: August 13, 2017 19:01

Keith never slept with Marianne. He tried to make it sound like he got back at Mick but of course he didnt. He took to heroin and came up with the basic idea of Gimme Shelter.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 13, 2017 20:34

Redhotcarpet
35love
Ronnie Spector.

So does she, then.
But who knows/ cares.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: August 13, 2017 20:42

Redhotcarpet
Keith never slept with Marianne. He tried to make it sound like he got back at Mick but of course he didnt. He took to heroin and came up with the basic idea of Gimme Shelter.

Did you observe him every night?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 13, 2017 21:24

Read Life, he goes in to this in his book. winking smiley

According to Marianne, she and Keith did get it on, but it was in late 1966 shortly before she began a relationship with Mick.

My opinion is that Keith's ego places it later circa Performance so that he has some kind of revenge on Mick/Anita.

The hook up that both surprises me, but also doesn't is that Keith and Uschi Obermaier had some boinky boinky when the Stones played in Germany in spring 1967.

It surprises me because of all the grief behind how Keith and Anita got together, but doesn't surprise me because Uschi is just a sublime looking woman. grinning smiley

Date: August 13, 2017 21:34

Monsoon Ragoon
Redhotcarpet

No but ive observed him through the eyes of a devoted fan who grew up. Unlike our hero. smiling smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 13, 2017 22:12

DandelionPowderman
Didn't Linda leave Keith for Jimi? Not sure if the "problems with drugs-theory" holds true...

In the MSG 69 backstage clip, Keith and Jimi are talking about her.

Linda started 'hanging out' with Jimi in NYC and she was something of a catylist in him finally getting to London.
She was an enthusiast when it came to drugs,more so than Keith apparantly. Grass, downers, acid. But when she moved on to heroin a concerned Keith informed her Father, who got her made a "Ward of Court'.
I assume she was under 21 at the time.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 21, 2021 18:52

35love
Redhotcarpet
35love
Ronnie Spector.

So does she, then.
But who knows/ cares.

They seemed to really fancy each other, but given the times, it just couldn't be sustained. At least that's what I got out of reading Life.

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: July 22, 2021 01:06

Linda Keith ended up selling Keith's letters to her.

Marianne and Keith both claimed to have sex together but it turned out Marianne was looking for a wealthy supportive guy to rely on and stop working herself (in her own words) and tried on three Stones but ended up with Mick whom she fell in love deeply with. Keith's "revenge for Performance " story is obviously fake since Marianne was either deeply pregnant at that time or even lost her and Mick's child recently. She never confirmed that socks story invented by Keith for his book and she's no shy of such kind of storytelling.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 22, 2021 10:24

ROCKMAN

Date: July 22, 2021 10:59

It's the Daily Fail, but funny just the same smiling smiley

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Date: July 22, 2021 16:09

Bill's girlfriends list may be an interesting one.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: July 22, 2021 20:27

Redhotcarpet
Monsoon Ragoon
Redhotcarpet

No but ive observed him through the eyes of a devoted fan who grew up. Unlike our hero. smiling smiley

Haha, that's so true!
I feel the same. But yes, he remains a hero

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 23, 2021 00:33

Uschi Obermaier

Uschi

Lil Wenglass Green

Date: July 23, 2021 12:20

Keith has always said that Patty H always accepted his lifestyle as a musician.

I wonder if it has included affairs on tours, falling into temptation...

(yes I am a nosy parker...)

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 23, 2021 15:23

Miss Muhammad was his first love, I don't remember her first name.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: July 23, 2021 16:33

His Majesty
Read Life, he goes in to this in his book. winking smiley

According to Marianne, she and Keith did get it on, but it was in late 1966 shortly before she began a relationship with Mick.

Yes Majesty, they did get it on.

Marianne once said: "I slept with three of them and decided for the leadsinger"

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 23, 2023 08:35

hi Mariuana - just came upon your comment below.

Mariuana
Linda Keith ended up selling Keith's letters to her.

I've not heard or read anything about that. Can you say more?

thanks smiling smiley
swiss

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 23, 2023 11:06

I’ve read more books about Jimi Hendrix than I have the Stones.

Linda Keith has a pivotal role in his life, she dumped her boyfriend Keith Richards for him and introduced him to Chas Chandler who became his manager and took him to England.They put the Experience together and that was it.
Richards, in an act of jealousy called her father and said she was hanging out with a shady guy and doing drugs.
Her father came to New York and took her home.
When she saw Richards again in England she told him to F off for good.

She was with Hendrix for awhile longer but he was a rising star and moved on.
Did she have a problem with drugs, yes.who didn’t in that crowd? But fortunately she is alive and well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-23 11:18 by lem motlow.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 23, 2023 11:06

double post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-23 11:08 by lem motlow.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 23, 2023 15:13

Linda Keith's partner for the past 50 years, John Porter produced "Paying the Cost" for BB King and The Stones during the BRIDGES TO BABYLON sessions. More recently, he produced "Anyone Seen My Heart" for The Brothers Jagger. I would imagine there has been some passing contact between them. Happily, some things remain private.

Date: June 25, 2023 11:44

lem motlow
I’ve read more books about Jimi Hendrix than I have the Stones.

Linda Keith has a pivotal role in his life, she dumped her boyfriend Keith Richards for him and introduced him to Chas Chandler who became his manager and took him to England.They put the Experience together and that was it.
Richards, in an act of jealousy called her father and said she was hanging out with a shady guy and doing drugs.
Her father came to New York and took her home.
When she saw Richards again in England she told him to F off for good.

She was with Hendrix for awhile longer but he was a rising star and moved on.
Did she have a problem with drugs, yes.who didn’t in that crowd? But fortunately she is alive and well.

Hi Lem Motlow: Indeed - all this is true or pretty close to it about Linda Keith - I woke up this thread because I was curious about a comment by poster Mariuana who'd said "Linda Keith ended up selling Keith's letters to her."

I'd never heard of read Linda Keith sold KR's letters. I don't think it's true, to be honest. Maybe she was confusing KR's letters with letters BJ wrote to her, which people have put up for auction over the years.
-swiss

Date: June 25, 2023 11:48

Rocky Dijon
Linda Keith's partner for the past 50 years, John Porter produced "Paying the Cost" for BB King and The Stones during the BRIDGES TO BABYLON sessions. More recently, he produced "Anyone Seen My Heart" for The Brothers Jagger. I would imagine there has been some passing contact between them. Happily, some things remain private.

Indeed, Rocky Dijon - in fact, most things do remain private, as should be! I resurrected this thread because I was researching something and saw a post where someone claimed Linda Keith sold KR's letters at auction, which didn't seem right (but you never know), and was hoping the poster would say where they got that info. I think they confused the cast of characters.
-swiss

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1399
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home