Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: She's A Rainbow Live
Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: August 15, 2017 03:37

Lynd8
At 23:30 of this clip you will find about the best sounding version of this song:
[www.youtube.com]

Is there an audio version of this source? I've downloaded a two, but nothing sounds as good as this version.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: August 16, 2017 02:30

Sighunt
virgil
I have about five of the bootlegs from some of the shows listed above. They are all OK IMHO none of them even comes close to the studio version. I dont believe they have ever put that much effort into the live version's.

I have some bootlegs of the 97-98 shows with She's a Rainbow on them, and I think for the most part the versions are lame. I agree they do not match the studio version for passion and power.

I agree with you, but as a fan of the great 60s tracks it seems like one of their classics worthy of official release and I wonder why it's always skipped - sure they don't nail this one as well as a song like Street Fighting Man, but how many live versions of the warhorses do you need?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: November 5, 2017 08:48

I think things like She's A Rainbow, We Love You or Dandelion or most other 1967 songs don't or wouldn't work live. They are too complicated. They knew that already in spring 1967 and played nothing of BTB (European edition), except 1-2 minutes Yesterday's Papers sandwiched between GOOMC.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-05 10:56 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: November 5, 2017 10:14

Monsoon Ragoon
I think things like She's A Rainbow, We Love You or Dandelion or most other 1967 songs don't or wouldn't work live. They are too complicated. They knew that already in spring 1967 and played nothing of BTB, except 1-2 minutes Yesterday's Papers sandwiched between GOOMC.

They played RT and LSTNT.

Date: November 5, 2017 10:53

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
I think things like She's A Rainbow, We Love You or Dandelion or most other 1967 songs don't or wouldn't work live. They are too complicated. They knew that already in spring 1967 and played nothing of BTB, except 1-2 minutes Yesterday's Papers sandwiched between GOOMC.

These are made for live appearances.

Date: November 5, 2017 12:25

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

These are made for live appearances.

Connection and She Smiled Sweetly were that, too, imo.

Date: November 5, 2017 12:31

Maybe they didn't find a lead vocalist for Connection ;-) I think there must be an early version in the archives with KR vocals. She Smiled Sweetly was maybe played in Paris.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: November 5, 2017 15:12

Cristiano Radtke
DandelionPowderman
Wasn't it released on Ole Ole Ole, or did I dream that? smiling smiley

That must have been a good dream! smiling smiley

no official release yet. the ole ole ole snippet was just a 1minute promo.
until now, argentina98 is the only soundboard available.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: November 5, 2017 17:34

I think it's my favourite Stones song... I've never heard it live and would love an official live version of it.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: November 5, 2017 17:40

FrogSugar
I think it's my favourite Stones song... I've never heard it live and would love an official live version of it.

there maybe was a reason why they played it in paris (I´m sure they were sure to
get it voted): to get it on an official album. I expect something officially out
of those 3 paris shows.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: November 5, 2017 17:48

She's A Rainbow from Chile with IEM/audience audio is on youtube: [www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1456
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home