Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: What age you had on your first concert?
Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 8, 2018 20:07

Not sure why anyone would take their kid to a concert unless the kid really wanted to go. If the kid really wants to go because he likes the music then the age is irrelevant.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 8, 2018 22:29

I was 16. ELO at Madison Square Garden. I took my son to see Roger Waters Dark Side of the Moon when he was 10.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: April 9, 2018 15:42

My daughters were 8 and 5 in Milan 2003 and were very very happy to be there.
10 years? Way toooooo old...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 9, 2018 16:19

stanlove
Not sure why anyone would take their kid to a concert unless the kid really wanted to go. If the kid really wants to go because he likes the music then the age is irrelevant.

The age is relevant if the thread is starts with the words "What age..." In my case, I imagine I went because they didn't have a sitter and I didn't require a ticket since I didn't have my own seat. At three, I'm sure I was impatient after sitting through two sets and wanted to go home, play, take a nap, eat, etc. throughout the night even if I think I did like the music.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 9, 2018 17:18

I was twelve years old in 1969 when our moms took me and my friend and our brothers to see the Rolling Stones at the Spectrum in Philly.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 9, 2018 20:56

Great reading through this thread, some of you have been so lucky in terms of seeing the greats of rock...I sometimes wished I'd been born 10 years earlier in 1950 rather than 60 as I just missed out on the Beatles, Hendrix and early Zeppelin.

Nevertheless, I do consider myself lucky in that my first gig was at Bradford St Georges Hall in 1973 aged 13 where I saw Bowie just before he abandoned the Ziggy persona. My older brother took me with him and his friends....they were all decked out in afghan coats, long hair and reeking of patchouli oil...I was just starting to grow my hair and battling with parents and school to keep it collar length!

If I am honest, I don't remember a great deal of the evening, other than I was amazed at how loud concerts were and how difficult it was to actually see anything....I still hadn't reached my current 6 feet 2 inch height at that age and so had to stand near the back to see anything....

From then on I was hooked and it started a long journey of gigs with some classics along the way....notables were the Stones in 76 (Abbatoirs) Zeppelin Knebworth (second show) with The New Barbarians in support, THe Sex Pistols 1977 (Huddersfield) and hundreds of others.

Even buying tickets back in those days was an event....queuing for hours or days and seeing the same people in the queue, sharing tales, and spliffs, great stuff.and much fairer in my opinion than the tout riddled systems we have today!

Posted by: lippmann ()
Date: April 9, 2018 22:19

i was 15 years old
sitting on second balcony in festhalle frankfurt 1973.
during rambler the entertainer crawled for minutes that felt like forever over the stage. bathed in red light and dry ice, swinging the belt..... wamm,eventhough know this from records, i was totally dumpfucked after that, i couldnt believe what i saw and felt.
45 years later i remember that with a simple clarity, the entertainer will be 75 this summer and doin it...i will take a look.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 9, 2018 22:37

My daughter attended a concert by Carl Carlton & the Songdogs feat. Ian McLagan and Bobby Keys before she was born. She was "old" enough to be able to hear it.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 9, 2018 22:42

15 - Allman Brothers Band in Macon

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: April 10, 2018 14:18

15 y.o. - Santana / Booker T and the MG's at the Felt Forum NYC 1970.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: April 10, 2018 14:21

11, Rolling Stones in Amsterdam

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home