Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Shown unseen authentic Stones '65 signatures..just one question?
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 9, 2017 03:24

Close friends of my showed me their authentic Beatles and Rolling Stones signatures of all the band members together..just one question

What member signed "A Rolling Stone" as their autograph and did they sign their name alongside it?

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Re: Shown unseen authentic Stones '65 signatures..just one question?
Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: August 9, 2017 03:28

I would guess Brian, and yes.

Date: August 9, 2017 03:51

wonderboy

wonderboy..There's two lots of group signatures one with "A Rolling Stone" with Brian Jones then the other has "A Rolling Stone" with no Brian Jones signature unless he done it all in one..bit hard to make out

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: August 9, 2017 05:03

colonial
wonderboy

wonderboy..There's two lots of group signatures one with "A Rolling Stone" with Brian Jones then the other has "A Rolling Stone" with no Brian Jones signature unless he done it all in one..bit hard to make out

Brian was proud of the band and took then very seriously. Also in the early days he did quite a bit of publicity.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: August 9, 2017 07:10

I don't know how authentic the Beatles autographs would be unless your friend saw them sign, it has been well documented, they had their roadies Mal and Neil sign the majority of their stuff behind the scenes at that time..

Date: August 9, 2017 07:17

wonderboy
colonial
wonderboy

Brian was proud of the band and took then very seriously. Also in the early days he did quite a bit of publicity.

thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: August 9, 2017 08:40

BamaStone
I don't know how authentic the Beatles autographs would be unless your friend saw them sign, it has been well documented, they had their roadies Mal and Neil sign the majority of their stuff behind the scenes at that time..

This cannot be emphasised enough!

Unless user colonial's friend has outstanding authentication on both sets, then it has to be assumed that there's a question over them.

Where did they come from originally? And it's not clear from the original posting if all 9 are on the same bit of paper (which, if proved real, would be very special).

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 9, 2017 14:19

According to Ron Schneider in his book Out of Our Heads the Stones hardly signed anything, and it was him who did all the signing.

Mathijs

Date: August 9, 2017 14:49

Mathijs
According to Ron Schneider in his book Out of Our Heads the Stones hardly signed anything, and it was him who did all the signing.

Mathijs

And in the not inconsiderable era before he came along?.....

Example: I'm reliably informed that two complete sets I have (on UK No1 and UK No2) were either done by the individual band members, or by Keith (who had the Mal/Neil job in this context).

Date: August 9, 2017 22:50

CaptainCorella
BamaStone

Unless user colonial's friend has outstanding authentication on both sets, then it has to be assumed that there's a question over them.

Where did they come from originally? And it's not clear from the original posting if all 9 are on the same bit of paper (which, if proved real, would be very special).

CaptainCorella..The signatures are owned by a retired Air New Zealand worker who met all The Beatles and Rolling Stones when they arrived at Dunedin Airport,New Zealand in 1965.I'd known about The Beatles signatures since the early 90's but it was only the other week she told me about The Stones signatures and signed programmes from most bands that toured New Zealand in the 60's.They don't have to prove they're authentic to anybody.They're authentic because they know they are and I believe them they're an honest couple.

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: August 9, 2017 23:09

CaptainCorella

CaptainCorella
..All The Beatles signatures are on the same bit of paper and all The Stones are on another bit of paper there's two lots of Stones signatures

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-09 23:10 by colonial.

Date: August 10, 2017 01:38

colonial
CaptainCorella
BamaStone

CaptainCorella..The signatures are owned by a retired Air New Zealand worker who met all The Beatles and Rolling Stones when they arrived at Dunedin Airport,New Zealand in 1965.I'd known about The Beatles signatures since the early 90's but it was only the other week she told me about The Stones signatures and signed programmes from most bands that toured New Zealand in the 60's.They don't have to prove they're authentic to anybody.They're authentic because they know they are and I believe them they're an honest couple.

That sounds very good indeed.

I read that as saying that they were obtained,in person, by the person you are in touch with.

Doing the arithmetic, she/he is probably getting on in years, so I'd hugely urge them, as soon as possible, to make some sort of legal deposition about how they were obtained, and that can stay with them as very good authentication.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: August 10, 2017 02:27

CaptainCorella
colonial
CaptainCorella
BamaStone

I read that as saying that they were obtained,in person, by the person you are in touch with.

Doing the arithmetic, she/he is probably getting on in years, so I'd hugely urge them, as soon as possible, to make some sort of legal deposition about how they were obtained, and that can stay with them as very good authentication.

CaptainCorella..Yes they were obtained by her in person,they've given me copies of their whole signature and tour programme collection.I'm going to keep in a safe place and maybe frame some and put on my wall.

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: August 10, 2017 08:05

colonial
CaptainCorella
colonial

CaptainCorella..Yes they were obtained by her in person,they've given me copies of their whole signature and tour programme collection.I'm going to keep in a safe place and maybe frame some and put on my wall.

Even so, please - PLEASE - tell your friend that if she wants to preserve the non-trivial value of what she has, then while she's able to make some sort of legal declaration that they were signed for her in her presence, then she must do so. Otherwise once she's passed on the value will be debatable.

From your account they really do sound to be genuine!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: August 10, 2017 22:22

CaptainCorella
colonial
CaptainCorella
colonial

Even so, please - PLEASE - tell your friend that if she wants to preserve the non-trivial value of what she has, then while she's able to make some sort of legal declaration that they were signed for her in her presence, then she must do so. Otherwise once she's passed on the value will be debatable.

From your account they really do sound to be genuine!

CaptainCorella..Thanks for all ya good advice and help thumbs up..cheers mate

colonialNZ

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: August 11, 2017 05:35

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-18 08:29 by colonial.

Posted by: bmuseed ()
Date: August 20, 2017 07:11

to be clear: I only signed the 1969 US tour group photo. and to be exact:

Mathijs

Mathijs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home