Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: You Got Me Rocking
Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: September 12, 2005 09:44

LOL Creedence! You got my post up there before I could edit it! I GO Wild a little myself at times. I like both songs, I just like YGMR more.

And with all do respect to those who's opinions differ from mine, it's rather childish of me to think it should be any other way. (Damn, I thought I'd get that changed before anyone saw it! LOL)

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-12 10:17 by RankOutsider.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: September 12, 2005 11:05

It always graps me, really like it

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: September 12, 2005 11:28

YGMR may be a simple song - but many good songs are simple! Most Stones songs are from a musical point of view simple songs, but I think YGMR has someting, it "works", and it is full of energy! I like it very much (together with Love is strong it´s for me the best track of VL), and its a good song played life!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 12, 2005 13:25

YGMR is great. It has been in the set more or less since 1994. It's a cool song. Admitted: I'd rather hear them do Sway, but YGMR is ALWAYS kick-ass at the concerts.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: September 12, 2005 15:53

I thought it was ok until they decided to play it every single show of every tour. I heard some boos and moans honestly when they played this at Fenway and noticed these same people going to get beers when this song came on.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: September 12, 2005 17:31

Rather hear I go wild!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 12, 2005 17:38

CreedenceLives Wrote:
> Rank... in defense of the YGMR haters, I think
> they don't like the song because it is JUST SO
> SIMPLE...

Now youre just being silly. a lot of my favourite songs are "simple"..how the hell can you analyse why someone else doesnt like a song without knowing them?

Look at the song that T&A has been raving the most about on the new album - She Saw Me Coming..lyrically the most simple and repetitive song on the whole record. without speaking for him, it would seem he likes songs that are "simple" as well

You'll be saying next that we dont like blues , because its "simple"

Its not a bad track. I just think its nothing special and hasnt deserved its 'elevation' to the status that the band have given it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-12 20:04 by Gazza.

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: September 12, 2005 18:48

the song rocks i love it,but with so many other great rockers untouched live,give it a break,what about 1 hit,dance little sister,she was hot,silver train,where the boys go,dangerous beauty,etc.we need some lost gems,mothers little helper as well.

john scialfa

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: September 14, 2005 06:20

There's nothing wrong with the song, but its kind of boring. It does nothing for me and if they are only going to play 20 songs, I don't want it to be one of them. If they are playing all this recent stuff off the last few albums like "Out of Control" and "The Worst"... why not play something off Steel Wheels instead of another VL song. Play Sad, Sad, Sad or Rock and Hard Place. Those are great live songs. Or in the place of YGMR, play one of the lost classics we are constantly talking about on these pages. I want YGMR out!

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: johang ()
Date: September 14, 2005 06:22

It was great in 94 just as Tunbling Dice was great in 72 and Miss You in 78 they have to skip all these 3 soon.

Posted by: RoddyD ()
Date: September 14, 2005 11:11

It IS an ordinary song I think.

It seems, like much of their 80s and 90s 'rock' stuff, that the Stones thought that TO rock was to PLAY LOUD.

It's just not true. For the same reason Gimme Shelter is one of their greatest (it's NOT loud unless I TURN it up), You Got Me Rocking isn't. It's LOUD to start with - no AIR.

Gimme Shelter = It Wont Take Long
You Got Me Rocking = Rough Justice

I LOVE the ones I turn UP, not DOWN !!!

Rod

Posted by: wemblywammer ()
Date: September 14, 2005 12:55

Must say this one does not do it for me, one of the worst on VL, I would like to see it dropped, but then if others want it in I don't mind there are plenty of other songs that I will enjoy. You can't pleae all the people all the time.

I really don't like When the Whip comes down, but I know lots on here love it,so it is almost an impossible task for The Stones to keep everyone happy.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 14, 2005 17:43

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>>
> Look at the song that T&A has been raving the
> most about on the new album - She Saw Me
> Coming..lyrically the most simple and repetitive
> song on the whole record. without speaking for
> him, it would seem he likes songs that are
> "simple" as well
>
>

I'm done posting. Gazza will henceforth speak on my behalf....

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: September 14, 2005 17:57

I like it too. But it's not one of their greatest. It's being played to often. They play it like it's a classic, but it isn't. It's nice if they do it occasionally.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 14, 2005 17:58

T&A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm done posting. Gazza will henceforth speak on
> my behalf....

no way. I get enough stick without having to treble it and deal with your abuse too!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 14, 2005 18:16

The only thing I don't like in YGMR is the intro. I find it weak.
I would have rearranged it with a drum intro a la GoGo in still life, to give an idea. But once the D starts kicking, the song rocks!

C

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2065
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home