Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT - RIP Glen Campbell
Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: August 9, 2017 15:39

tomcasagranda
[youtu.be]
yes he was.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 9, 2017 16:11

Shindig! Rock medley '65 ~ Glen Campbell, Billy Preston, Sonny & Cher
[www.youtube.com]

Date: August 9, 2017 16:34

Glen Campbell 1968 w Eric Clapton & CREAM ~ "Sunshine Of Your Love" (LIVE!)
[www.youtube.com]

I doubt if I could convey the imporatance and regular presence of Campbell in millions of young lives and adult lives too, right from the start of the Invasion, for us, and prior to that for certain. Peeps like Delaney Bramlett, or Elvis' incredible bass player Glenn Hardin and others of that incredibly gifted narrow ilk, were all over the Invasion. Y'all can see that EVERYBODY on TV looked exactly like "a Beatle" in that Shindig clip above. Some of the very best rock and roll, rhythm blues acts ever were consistently, and LIVE, delivering more than the goods there....

We like to think, me too, of Gram's wonderful influence on an entire sub-genre, but actually Glenn was all over national TV years before that...

...anyway; this is just a quick drop=in; and I guess I write too long posts,,,

...,it's not that; I'm kinda stll absorbing this passing, even tho so obviously expected; it opened more doors that I thought it would.

I know his daughter is a living Saint; if I ever see her in this town I'm going to drop to my knees for a blessing, hoping not to embarass her....so I know a tiny bit about these last years....she is incredible; i mean all the deep soul in the world; and full of humility and humore about it too...

,,,,,anyway; gotta run; love this site; will check back in and so glad to have friends here who 'get' this...

anyway; this clip isn't Glen, except for the friendly country intro...just one tiny example of DOZENS of jaw-dropping incredible acts he brought directly to us...
...and also other artists in folk sub-genre who ended up with THEIR own national network shows;
(enter Pete Seeger getting censored, Smothers getting fired and Keith Moon deafening Pete Townshend on clear video for the world to see...nearly blew his head off too....)

well well well oh well....The Stones kind of made huge huge history on Shindig too; (I even think Glenn was a stand-in bass player Shindog, not 100% sure I'm remembering that right)....

purty good picker that one eh? RIP. You didn't forget nothing important anyway Glenn...what you had to say you said to the world, and they heard you; and never forgot. So it all works out....I am sorry for his suffering and family; Rest In Peace.
And Thanks for starting this thread BowieStone.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 9, 2017 17:10

Came across this on a site paying trubute to Glen Campbell. Wow. Stevie Wonder and Glen Campbell bluesing up Dylan.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: August 9, 2017 19:40

One of the best--- a great great guitarist ! Good music and a nice guy

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 10, 2017 19:50

[www.youtube.com] Glen Campbell doing a Beach Boys medley .

Date: August 13, 2017 07:20

Glen Campbell - These Days
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: August 14, 2017 03:47

nice

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home