Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: In Defense of Cigarettes
Posted by: HankM ()
Date: August 9, 2017 03:35

btw- on a rough count, there are 4 packs of cigarettes in that dudes mouth... Heye popping smileyLY Meye popping smileyLY!!!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 9, 2017 03:50

HankM
btw- on a rough count, there are 4 packs of cigarettes in that dudes mouth...
The exact amount is 155 -- a new world record at the time.

The caption for the story as it circulated was: Jim Mouth uses a fan to blow smoke from 155 cigarettes as he breaks “The Guinness Book of World Records” record November 18, 1993 for smoking the most cigarettes at the same time.

Mr. Mouth is no slouch when it comes to cigars either -- 41 at once.

Caption for that record-setting feat: Jim had to set the world record for the most cigars in his mouth at once and as you can see he lights them up with a propane torch and tries to puff for 5 minutes. This was performed on April 21, 1983 on the television show That's Incredable!

Or how about 40 pipes at once?

Caption: Only thing left to smoke would be pipes. On June 18, 1991 Jim took his mouth to Nippon television in Tokyo Japan to show the other side of the world that he could stuff 41 pipes into his head to set a world record for the most pipes smoked.

Now if you want to talk about seriously unhealthy records to break/set, how about 18 hot dogs in your mouth at once?

Caption: Jim loves his hot dogs, so on March 27, 2002 for the Ripley's Believe It Or Not TV show. Jim stuffed 18 original hot dogs from the oldest hot dog stand in Los Angeles the "Tail of the Pup" to show the best hot dogs on the west coast are in LA at the "Tail of the Pup" in downtown.

Here's his website, listing his other interesting world records: [www.jimmouth.com]

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: August 9, 2017 04:00

Smoking, the first cigarette, was the most enjoyable vice ever. Existential, and thought provoking yet calming, if cigarettes didn't kill ya they'd be perfect but they have to be deadly for effect. That's why Keith looks so cool sucking down a cancer stick, like take that carcinogen. That said. emphysema scares me more that cancer. The 19 cigarettes a day after that, yech. Medicinal because I was jonesing for one.

Quit cold turkey. For years I patted my pocket looking for cigarette pack. I only smoked from 16-22. Now I can't walk behind someone smoking without getting a headache. If they were cheap and I knew I was dying soon, I might start back up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-09 04:01 by Librarian.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 9, 2017 04:25

Librarian
Smoking, the first cigarette, was the most enjoyable vice ever. Existential, and thought provoking yet calming, if cigarettes didn't kill ya they'd be perfect but they have to be deadly for effect. That's why Keith looks so cool sucking down a cancer stick, like take that carcinogen. That said. emphysema scares me more that cancer. The 19 cigarettes a day after that, yech. Medicinal because I was jonesing for one.

Quit cold turkey. For years I patted my pocket looking for cigarette pack. I only smoked from 16-22. Now I can't walk behind someone smoking without getting a headache. If they were cheap and I knew I was dying soon, I might start back up.

thumbs up

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: August 9, 2017 04:37

stonehearted
HankM
btw- on a rough count, there are 4 packs of cigarettes in that dudes mouth...
The exact amount is 155 -- a new world record at the time.

The caption for the story as it circulated was: Jim Mouth uses a fan to blow smoke from 155 cigarettes as he breaks “The Guinness Book of World Records” record November 18, 1993 for smoking the most cigarettes at the same time.

Caption: Jim loves his hot dogs, so on March 27, 2002 for the Ripley's Believe It Or Not TV show. Jim stuffed 18 original hot dogs from the oldest hot dog stand in Los Angeles the "Tail of the Pup" to show the best hot dogs on the west coast are in LA at the "Tail of the Pup" in downtown.

Here's his website, listing his other interesting world records: [www.jimmouth.com]

My sincere apology for my drastic under counting, but almost half... WOW!! 155!
There are several things I want to say... trying at humor... but I probably shouldn't smoking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 9, 2017 09:41

There is no space for smoking or cigarette discussions on IORR. Feel free to discuss politics on other sites.

Smoking is killing thousands and filling up hospitals all over the world every day. May be people who smoke are nice, of course they are, they are just people, like you and me, but being nice is not a reason for promoting something that is a major health issue in the world.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home