Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Paul Butterfield - Mike Bloomfield Reunion 1971
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 7, 2017 17:59

Some smokin' hot blues. Putting it up as a separate hit from "whatcha listening to" because it just seems to need its own space. Enjoy.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: Paul Butterfield - Mike Bloomfield Reunion 1971
Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: August 7, 2017 18:40

Bloomfield is one of my favorite guitar players, very versatile. Someone described the uniqueness of the BBB...a raucous, unapologetic white blues band. The band's music lacked the deferential reverence that other white musicians gave to the blues.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 7, 2017 19:55

Mike Bloomfield is such an incredible guitar player that I wish was talking about more. I guess he's talked about enough, cause he only did so much, but I wish there was more to showcase him. Its always so sad how troubled he was and the damage he did to himself. Screwed himself out of some cool opportunities and some more shows for his fans with all that stuff that happened on those Al Cooper/Mike Bloomfield recordings. Having said that I always forget he died in the 80s. Early 80s, but he just always struck me as one of those guys that was gone by 74 or something.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: August 7, 2017 20:40

Very nice stuff.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 8, 2017 18:40

pmk251
Bloomfield is one of my favorite guitar players, very versatile. Someone described the uniqueness of the BBB...a raucous, unapologetic white blues band. The band's music lacked the deferential reverence that other white musicians gave to the blues.

all true but the band wasnt all white.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home