Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Very OT (but interesting): your review on writing software
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: August 6, 2017 13:49

I have tested some non-fiction and fiction creative software.

Global advise seems to run away from MS Word (I use Windows) and choose instead a more writing-friendly software.

Before trying to sort out which one is the best, or the more suitable for you, first thing seems to divide them in sub-genre, which is basically: the ones who help you to build a story, and the ones who help you to write words in a more easy way. The downside is not to get lost in the user manual..

In the first range, I tried Dramatica Pro (I got lost), PowerStructure (less complicated) and Story Weaver... (more easier)

I write in French, but no problemo as Terminator would say, for the linguistic part.

I see professional writers are enthusiast with Scrivener, which seems to combine the two genres (help to structure a story, and to write)... What about it.

As the thread is opened, would you suggest some book to build a story or shape characters. I have read a couple, which were quite useful.

G

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-07 00:42 by The Joker.

Re: Very OT (but interesting): your review on writing software
Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: August 6, 2017 16:14

I'm a Mac guy and just use the wp app in Libre Office; can't stand MS Word and do not use any writing specific software.

When manuscript is done, I bring it into Pages or IBooks Author in order to prepare the electronic/ebook version of the thing.

For whatever that's worth ...

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 6, 2017 23:09

Ha, I thought this thread was about ACTUALLY coding software, which I do for a living (mostly embedded C and C++ for industrial/electronics applications).

Nevermind...carry on, you creative people!

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: August 7, 2017 00:48

keefriff99
Ha, I thought this thread was about ACTUALLY coding software, which I do for a living (mostly embedded C and C++ for industrial/electronics applications).

Nevermind...carry on, you creative people!

(Now-censured) intro was maybe naive, but I felt somehow necessary to explain why because it was so OT.

Never mind, keefriff99, you did make me feel idiot, so I would say your post was indeed creative.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1626
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home