Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
semi OT: Best crowd sing alongs
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 4, 2017 00:35

Don't recall if this has been discussed before, what concerts have you been to that have the best crowd sing a longs to a song? Semi OT since I included the Stones!

Myself, I think the best would have been Paul McCartney Hey Jude. Second would be Stones YCAGWYW and third would be Billy Joel Piano Man, which surprised me that everyone would sing a long with the chorus. Also, Springsteen Hungry Heart where the crowd sings the first verse.

Oasis concert clips have great crowd singing to Don't Look Back In Anger.

Re: semi OT: Best crowd sing alongs
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 4, 2017 00:44

None. I don't go to a show to hear the audience's pathetic out of tune and out of time singing. I want to hear the performers. . .

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 4, 2017 00:59

Several times in the 80s/90s: Rod Stewart: I don't wanna talk about it. And the audience was not out of tune.
AC/DC in Argentina (seen on DVD): the audience is singing the riffs!
Stones in Argentina (seen by periscope): pretty loud.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 4, 2017 02:14

Queen had some great singalong moments.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 4, 2017 05:36

Walking out from the Pittsburgh show a few years back some of the crowd was still
doing the woo woo's from SFTD. People stood still in the foot bridge tunnel so they could hear the echo. Great fun!

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: August 4, 2017 05:40

L-O-L-A.
Also was surprised at a Tom Petty show to hear the audience signing along to 'The Waiting is the Hardest Part.'

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: August 4, 2017 08:52

Foo Fighters - My Hero

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 4, 2017 09:50

whitem8
None. I don't go to a show to hear the audience's pathetic out of tune and out of time singing. I want to hear the performers. . .

At the risk of being revealed as an equally miserable git ...

.... I have to agree grinning smiley

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 4, 2017 09:57

wonderboy
L-O-L-A.
Also was surprised at a Tom Petty show to hear the audience signing along to 'The Waiting is the Hardest Part.'

wow that's pretty cool. A songwriter of his quality, he must really get off on that. I do. He must have a pretty connected audience. That's kinda cool really.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 4, 2017 22:41

Date: August 4, 2017 22:44

Saint Of Me

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: August 4, 2017 22:47

Daltrey usually holds the mike up for the audience to sing along...or is he trying to save his voice ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-04 22:47 by reg thorpe.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 4, 2017 22:54

Spud
whitem8

At the risk of being revealed as an equally miserable git ...

.... I have to agree grinning smiley
No, that's no fun!

I go to a lot of heavy metal shows, so maybe I'm biased, but big raucous crowd singalongs are so much fun.

I saw Iron Maiden a few weeks ago, and the MSG crowd was singing along to the guitar harmonies and choruses. It was glorious, and encouraged by the whole band.

Just listen to this South American crowd from a few years ago...they put ANY crowd anywhere else in the world to shame.

[www.youtube.com]

Obviously most of it depends on the act. I wouldn't sing along to more low-key acts because I don't want to annoy those around me. It all depends on the atmosphere.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 5, 2017 05:24

Seven Nation Army. You don't even have to know the words. grinning smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 5, 2017 06:24

How about the yeah yeah yeah woooo part of Brown Sugar?

Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 6, 2017 07:27

I have been to hundreds of shows since my first rock show in 1973 and seen a lot of singalongs. But I never saw a singalong like War Pigs at the Black Sabbath show last year. Grandparents, parents and their children singing their lungs out for entire verses! Nothing like it.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 6, 2017 07:32

ab
I have been to hundreds of shows since my first rock show in 1973 and seen a lot of singalongs. But I never saw a singalong like War Pigs at the Black Sabbath show last year. Grandparents, parents and their children singing their lungs out for entire verses! Nothing like it.
Good call! War Pigs is a GREAT singalong. It's become iconic for the audience to sing every other line of the verses over the years.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 6, 2017 08:42

.....then you have Pearl Jam. I remember the first time I saw them, you couldn't even hear Eddie's voice for the first 3 or 4 songs because the crowd was so loud.

2 1/2 hours of sing-a longs to lyrics you can't even understandgrinning smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 6, 2017 23:48

the best "sing along song" is the one that makes people shut up (I hate people singing along).
Dylans Sinatra covers are very good at this since nobody in the audience is able to sing a long. Boots of Spanish Leather did a good job too. Most of the people didn't recognize the song and thus waited for the chorus. Since there is no chorus they had to listen until the very last line which at least reveals the title of the song…

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: August 7, 2017 00:04

The very best crowd singing alongs, that I ever heard was during a Snow Patrol concert in my hometown in 2011 or 2012. Because of the audience, I liked that concert so much better. I've known Snow Patrol not so very well, before I saw them live. I got a cheap tix on ebay for the show and because of that, I went to the show.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 7, 2017 16:22

whitem8

+1

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 7, 2017 16:45

..."You're in My Heart (The Final Acclaim)" by Rod Stewart, on his 'double' "Absolutely Live" (1982);
that song recorded at Wembley Stadium, my guess would be.

I know: maybe it's a bit cheesy...
But it's a great album nonetheless;
and the crowd tears that particular song to shreds.

Those were the days!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: August 7, 2017 17:05

I too could care less about people singing along at concerts where I'm trying to listen.

HOWEVER At sporting events there are some fun audience sing-alongs...

The National Anthem
Take Me Out To The Ballgame - 7th Inning Stretch
Sweet Caroline
Na-Na-Na-Na Goodbye
Rock & Roll - Garry Glitter
We Will Rock You -> (Does clapping and stomping count?)
Rocky Top -> (Note: I HATE that song but I still have to admit that it makes for a pretty good sing along when 90+ thousand in a football stadium are involved) ((It's also a pretty easy way for a bar band to get a free round of shots delivered in E. TN. Not that I'd know anything about that))

Now: I'm sure that there are some European and S. American football fans who are about to give me an education on what they and their crowds seem to be singing for entire matches sometimes!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: August 7, 2017 22:06

mr_dja
I too could care less about people singing along at concerts where I'm trying to listen.

The National Anthem
Sweet Caroline
Na-Na-Na-Na Goodbye
Rocky Top -> (Note: I HATE that song but I still have to admit that it makes for a pretty good sing along when 90+ thousand in a football stadium are involved) ((It's also a pretty easy way for a bar band to get a free round of shots delivered in E. TN. Not that I'd know anything about that))

Now: I'm sure that there are some European and S. American football fans who are about to give me an education on what they and their crowds seem to be singing for entire matches sometimes!

Peace,
Mr DJA

You'll Never Walk Alone springs to mind smoking smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: August 7, 2017 22:38

DandelionPowderman
mr_dja

The National Anthem
Sweet Caroline
Na-Na-Na-Na Goodbye

Peace,
Mr DJA

You'll Never Walk Alone springs to mind smoking smiley

EXACTLY what I was thinking about...

Reminded me that I forgot to include "Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole"... That's probably not the actual title but I think most posters will know what I'm talking about!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: August 7, 2017 22:56

You Got The Silver at Hyde Park 2013 the crowd singing along was spontaneous and great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-07 22:58 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: August 8, 2017 00:15

I was at Bonnaroo in 2011, and there were two "goose bumps" sing along moments.

The first was Arcade Fire. Not really a big fan of their more recent material, but I loved the early stuff, including this version of "Wake Up."

[www.youtube.com]

Same festival, Buffalo Springfield, playing "Rockin' in the Free World."

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 8, 2017 12:31

..cant get into those sing-a-longs ... keep thinkin' whats my crap voice gonna add to all this

ROCKMAN

Date: August 8, 2017 13:21

Rockman
..cant get into those sing-a-longs ... keep thinkin' whats my crap voice gonna add to all this

You, who have graced ukrainian tv-viewers with a lovely Beatles-singalong?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 8, 2017 13:28

..... awwwww YEAH ... I forgot that evening Dandeeeee ... HHHaaa great time

Ukrainian TV ..... wonder what they thought ....

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1501
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home