Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

semi-OT: Animal Kingdom
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 2, 2017 16:45

last night's episode of "Animal Kingdom" (crime show on TNT with Ellen Barkin) made excellent use of "Ventilator Blues" during the final sequence. Used the actual Stones recording. I've never seen that song used in media. It's 1 of my all time favorites.

Re: semi-OT: Animal Kingdom
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: August 2, 2017 17:33

Same here

Just watched Netflix's Ozark, they have (predictably?) use Can't You Hear Me Knocking so far two times for money laundering scenes (but I like the predictable)

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 2, 2017 19:04

I was wondering if anyone else saw that -it's the best show on American tv right now.when smurf was walking down the hall to her storage unit and that dirty Keith riff kicked in,that was strong.the show is badass,you never know what's gonna happen from one minute to the next.y

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: August 2, 2017 19:53

The Joker
Same here

Just watched Netflix's Ozark, they have (predictably?) use Can't You Hear Me Knocking so far two times for money laundering scenes (but I like the predictable)

How is that show? Your marks out of 10?

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: August 2, 2017 21:19

Olly
The Joker
Same here

How is that show? Your marks out of 10?

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: December 11, 2017 09:10

Just got my NetFlix subscription being newly retired and all, and I don’t plan on my time being spent binge watching but this (Ozark) is a good show. I hope it maintains its momentum as I am riveted up to episode #3.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-11 09:16 by KingmanBarstow.

Date: June 6, 2019 11:56

apparently the creators of animal kingdom are big fans of EOMS. "all down the line" used heavily during last sequence of this week's episone.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 6, 2019 14:38

Swervin' right off the track but
Animal Kingdom is a heavy Australian
film built around the real life criminal Pettingill family ….
and the Walsh street murders …… All strong acting but the young
J steals the show as he fools the lot of them …. raw bone dangerous stuff …. ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 6, 2019 14:45

Mick and Ellen Barkin are supposed to be pretty good friends. He probably gave special permission to use it because of their friendship.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: June 7, 2019 00:15

Best show on TV right now.

Date: July 3, 2019 11:11

watching this week's episode. this has become 1 of my favorite shows. very well done, great acting & writing. good use of music, too. the stones have been featured in more than 1 episode, as mentioned above. inspired to write this by scene i just watched where ellen barkin's character (smurf) goes in for a chemo therapy session. pretty damn accurate depiction of the process. i'm in smurf's shoes every 4 months & can totally identify with what ellen was depicting. well done.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 3, 2019 13:57

Midnight Toker
Best show on TV right now.
I'm a fan of the show, but this season is particularly annoying and difficult to follow the plot line....not sure it may have run its course.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: July 4, 2019 01:05

Best show on TV in the USA by far.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1853
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home