Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Looking for examples of Keith ripping it up onstage in the post-'89 landscape
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: August 7, 2017 20:01

keefriff99
Palace Revolution 2000
keefriff99
Man, that AC '89 version of Bitch is out of sight! That is definitely peak Keith.

Does Jagger keep the same note through the entire song? LOL
Yes, there is Keith with that white Musicman guitar. I forgot that he and Ron played those in 89 too. For some reason that guitar brought out the best in him.

I like the point that Stones4ever raises, if Keith admits the reality of affairs to himself. That he has become less and less integral on stage.
Besides the obvious sibling rivalry with Jagger there is another brother he spars with: Ronnie. Seems like Ronnie doesn't dish it back. Yet, Ronnie grows stronger and stronger. His playing came back with a vengeance, he stopped drinking. He has a very successful life outside of the Stones; art shows and sales, radio show, new wife and twins.
Those Musicmans are cool guitars...Keith definitely seems to play like a demon when he's got one of those strapped on him. Did they ever use them onstage post '89-'90?

I think Keith has been a real bully to Ronnie at points over the years. He's probably taken more abuse than we know.

Ok so Keith has given Ronnie the occasional slap or whatever over a 42 year period, is that so surprising, have you ever worked under pressure with an unreliable drunk, do you have any idea what its like to go under the spotlight in front of thousands of people when your right hand man is away with the fairies. I used to do stand up with a friend of mine and he kept turning up drunker and drunker until it became embarrassing and people wanted their money back. Its hard going, i bet Mick has had to deal with a lot of this with Keith and Ron over the years. he might not be man enough to give them a slap but he found other ways to get revenge.

Re: Looking for examples of Keith ripping it up onstage in the post-'89 landscape
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 7, 2017 20:06

stone4ever
keefriff99
tumblingdice
Happy from At The Max. Pure heaven when he takes off in his own little world there. Thankfully takes us along for the ride.
It's great, but the sound mix is SO weird. When Keith starts playing his solo part towards the end, it sounds like he's all alone onstage. His guitar drowns out everything else, including the drums.

Maybe it was a really bad overdub or it was one of the performances they filmed on an empty stage, but something doesn't feel right about that part of the song...aside from that, it's some kick-ass playing by Keith, with that cool half-solo/half-riffing vibe that only he can do.

For those that say that amazing playing live at the MAX was an overdub, samples have been shown from different nights where Keith sounds better on SFTD than on the so called overdub. Proof is in the pudding, Keith really was that good on that tour night after night, especially in 1990.
It's not the playing that makes me think it's an overdub, it's how the volume mix is all out of whack when he starts playing.

I know Keith's playing was awesome all tour. I'm just saying the sound mix is all screwy on the IMAX version of Happy.

Date: August 7, 2017 20:19

keefriff99
stone4ever
keefriff99
tumblingdice
Happy from At The Max. Pure heaven when he takes off in his own little world there. Thankfully takes us along for the ride.
It's great, but the sound mix is SO weird. When Keith starts playing his solo part towards the end, it sounds like he's all alone onstage. His guitar drowns out everything else, including the drums.

Maybe it was a really bad overdub or it was one of the performances they filmed on an empty stage, but something doesn't feel right about that part of the song...aside from that, it's some kick-ass playing by Keith, with that cool half-solo/half-riffing vibe that only he can do.

For those that say that amazing playing live at the MAX was an overdub, samples have been shown from different nights where Keith sounds better on SFTD than on the so called overdub. Proof is in the pudding, Keith really was that good on that tour night after night, especially in 1990.
It's not the playing that makes me think it's an overdub, it's how the volume mix is all out of whack when he starts playing.

I know Keith's playing was awesome all tour. I'm just saying the sound mix is all screwy on the IMAX version of Happy.

That's right it was down to the sound mix. I spent years thinking that Keith couldn't play as well as he did at the Max. And then thanks to youtube the evidence was for all to see . Those Tokyo gigs were amazing. Mick was totally on fire too as seen on SFTD. makes you wonder how good they might have been at this point if Ronnie was firing on all 4 cylinders.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: August 7, 2017 20:31

stone4ever
i bet Mick has had to deal with a lot of this with Keith and Ron over the years. he might not be man enough to give them a slap but he found other ways to get revenge.

Promise me you'll never change.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 7, 2017 20:47

No problem on this blues track.
You purely know what all songs I talk about... smiling smiley

DandelionPowderman
powerage78
In a way yes... regarding his playing in 2016 sad smiley

DandelionPowderman
powerage78
It's 2012...

Eons ago?

Is this acceptable for you?

[www.youtube.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-07 20:49 by powerage78.

Date: August 7, 2017 23:56

LongBeachArena72
stone4ever
i bet Mick has had to deal with a lot of this with Keith and Ron over the years. he might not be man enough to give them a slap but he found other ways to get revenge.

Promise me you'll never change.

Ok i promise

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 9, 2017 01:32

Everything is different after 2006.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: August 11, 2017 15:59

Date: August 11, 2017 16:21

onestep
video: [www.youtube.com]

A chipmunck-version? Hilarious! Mick's voice, hehe, great! grinning smiley

Here it is in the right speed smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-11 16:44 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: August 12, 2017 19:32

Dandy, thanks for posting Bitch. Simply amazing. Even if I was granted guitar skills way above my current level, I would never think to play those notes and with that timing. It does not even seem like Keith is playing the right song. But it works so good. He must have a genius ability to hear each note by each intrument and has the ability to weave in where it counts.

Listening to Bitch, Santana's Woodstock performance popped up as a suggested video, which I watched. Also another amazing guitar performance. Unexpectedly, I had the chance to see Santana perform last night. Great show. Fresh and relevant, Santana rocks.

Date: August 12, 2017 19:56

2120Joe
Dandy, thanks for posting Bitch. Simply amazing. Even if I was granted guitar skills way above my current level, I would never think to play those notes and with that timing. It does not even seem like Keith is playing the right song. But it works so good. He must have a genius ability to hear each note by each intrument and has the ability to weave in where it counts.

Listening to Bitch, Santana's Woodstock performance popped up as a suggested video, which I watched. Also another amazing guitar performance. Unexpectedly, I had the chance to see Santana perform last night. Great show. Fresh and relevant, Santana rocks.

My sentiments exactly, regarding the notes and timing. It's a great version thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1148
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home