Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11
Re: Their Satanic Majesties Request - 50th Anniversary edition coming in September
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 1, 2017 11:35

jlowe
DrPete
I think Abkco can repackage already released music anyway they want but need the Stones approval for any unreleased material. If a 50th BB and LIB are released, sure hope the band allows out takes

Well, if the unreleased stuff isn't put out officially , it could be in the 'Public Domain', under the 50 year rule.
So, will get released anyway!

Interesting point j lowe. But why, in that case, haven't we seen any unreleased material so far.

Re: Their Satanic Majesties Request - 50th Anniversary edition coming in September
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 1, 2017 12:13

Silver Dagger
jlowe
DrPete
I think Abkco can repackage already released music anyway they want but need the Stones approval for any unreleased material. If a 50th BB and LIB are released, sure hope the band allows out takes

Well, if the unreleased stuff isn't put out officially , it could be in the 'Public Domain', under the 50 year rule.

Interesting point j lowe. But why, in that case, haven't we seen any unreleased material so far.

We have, 8 CDs worth. [www.discogs.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: August 1, 2017 12:37

Artwork cover and Mono Mix, which we have already been sold once before.
So we have set the record straight on the legal ramifications. And I say again: this could be such a great package. I think it would validate an odd segment of the Stones' history. A period that has many detractors. In no small part the band itself.
Some, not too many, strong outtakes, and some sequencing. To us here this is a no brainer, but to a large audience it could be a discovery of an album that should have been the introduction to 'the Big 4. The bridge between Aftermath and Banquet. It would show Brian's non guitar years in a better light.
In addition to album tracks these would be possibilities IMO

We Love You - outtakes
Sad Day
Dandelion - early 'Keith' version
Get Yourself Together
Mother Baby
Who's Driving Your Plane
Ruby Tuesday - outtake
Sittin on a Fence
If You Let Me
Gold Painted Nails
Child of the Moon - chronologically it belongs to the following era, but sonically it is still part of this time

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: August 1, 2017 14:09

Palace Revolution 2000
Artwork cover and Mono Mix, which we have already been sold once before.
So we have set the record straight on the legal ramifications. And I say again: this could be such a great package. I think it would validate an odd segment of the Stones' history. A period that has many detractors. In no small part the band itself.
Some, not too many, strong outtakes, and some sequencing. To us here this is a no brainer, but to a large audience it could be a discovery of an album that should have been the introduction to 'the Big 4. The bridge between Aftermath and Banquet. It would show Brian's non guitar years in a better light.
In addition to album tracks these would be possibilities IMO

We Love You - outtakes
Sad Day
Dandelion - early 'Keith' version
Get Yourself Together
Mother Baby
Who's Driving Your Plane
Ruby Tuesday - outtake
Sittin on a Fence
If You Let Me
Gold Painted Nails
Child of the Moon - chronologically it belongs to the following era, but sonically it is still part of this time

The embryonic versions of COTM are 1967 outtakes, not early 1968.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 1, 2017 14:12

When you opened the original album it always had a strange scent to it ...
Will the 50th come with that again tooooooooooooo ????????????????????????????

ROCKMAN

Date: August 1, 2017 16:04

Deltics
Silver Dagger
jlowe
DrPete

I meant as official releases. I don't understand why The Beatles and Dylan have had official compilations of tracks released from around 63 and 64 - albeit it for hyper limited edition 24 hour releases - in order to protect their copyright while the Stones haven't. There are definitely all those BBC recordings that could come out now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-01 16:06 by Silver Dagger.

Date: August 1, 2017 16:24

Silver Dagger
Deltics
Silver Dagger
jlowe
DrPete

I meant as official releases. I don't understand why The Beatles and Dylan have had official compilations of tracks released from around 63 and 64 - albeit it for hyper limited edition 24 hour releases - in order to protect their copyright while the Stones haven't. There are definitely all those BBC recordings that could come out now.

ABKCO did put some unreleased tracks on their YouTube channel a few months ago that were marked "Copyright Preservation". They were only up for a couple of weeks though.
Here's the post about them: [iorr.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-01 16:40 by Deltics.

Date: August 1, 2017 16:56

Deltics
Silver Dagger
Deltics
Silver Dagger
jlowe
DrPete

ABKCO did put some unreleased tracks on their YouTube channel a few months ago that were marked "Copyright Preservation". They were only up for a couple of weeks though.

Oh yeah. I got those. But what would stop anyone from putting out unreleased songs like I Can See It/Get Yourself Together which we're recorded in 1966?

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 1, 2017 17:39

Irix
It's also available in the uDiscover Music Store (22-Sept-2017):

Their Satanic Majesties Request, 50th Anniversary Special Edition, €67.99 - [Store.uDiscoverMusic.com]

Their Satanic Majesties Request, 50th Anniversary Special Edition + Slipmat, €72.99 - [Store.uDiscoverMusic.com]

The slipmat has a Satanic Majesties image:

[thevinylfactory.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-01 17:45 by exilestones.

Date: August 1, 2017 17:51

Date: August 2, 2017 05:41

Is the slipmat for turntables? If so, this might be a game changer. Dude, that is so cool. i would love to have that on my turntable.

Damn, I love this album!

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Date: August 2, 2017 06:23

charlesbaudelaire
Is the slipmat for turntables?

Yes!

Date: August 2, 2017 06:24

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: August 2, 2017 06:32

charlesbaudelaire
Is the slipmat for turntables? If so, this might be a game changer. Dude, that is so cool. i would love to have that on my turntable.
1821-1869

I quite like the slipmat, but feel It would have been much better if they had used the artwork from the 3D part rather than the wall paper like background.

It's actually surprising that there aren't official merchandise slipmats available from the Rolling Stones store, with the resurgence of vinyl in the past few years it seems like a sure seller.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 2, 2017 07:17

exilestones
Irix

Their Satanic Majesties Request, 50th Anniversary Special Edition, €67.99 - [Store.uDiscoverMusic.com]

Their Satanic Majesties Request, 50th Anniversary Special Edition + Slipmat, €72.99 - [Store.uDiscoverMusic.com]

The slipmat has a Satanic Majesties image:

[thevinylfactory.com]

Wow, I forgot how awful that artwork was!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 2, 2017 08:35

jlowe
I wonder what happened to ABKCO's 'Clear Classic Vinyl' series?
Six albums released 2013/4...but none since.
Perhaps they didn't sell.

they tried to frame the ones they couldn't sell and charge 10x the price. When that didn't work they threw in the towel.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: August 2, 2017 10:48

Irix

That shop has the mono lp box with the 7 inch singles now for considerably less than what they sold it for originally.
Guess i'll be sittin on a fence.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 2, 2017 19:35

The Japanese 2-hybrid-SACD-only-Edition is also available (22-Sept-2017, EUR 77.99) at [www.jpc.de] .

Worldwide Shipping costs: [www.jpc.de] .

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: August 2, 2017 21:10

I love this album..It stands alone in the Stones cannon..A bit pricey. I agree it should have outakes, but I guess Im gonna have to break down and buy it.Anyone know how many numbered copies there are?

Date: August 4, 2017 13:48

Silver Dagger
Deltics
Silver Dagger
Deltics
Silver Dagger
jlowe
DrPete

Oh yeah. I got those. But what would stop anyone from putting out unreleased songs like I Can See It/Get Yourself Together which we're recorded in 1966?

Give 'em time!

Their Satanic Majesties Request - 50th Anniversary Edition
Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: July 30, 2017 01:25

Their Satanic Majesties Request 50th Anniversary Special Audiophile Edition Limited Hand Numbered

Special Edition Foldout Packaging Includes Restored Original Lenticular, Not Available For Over 30 Years

180gm Vinyl And Hybrid SACD Versions Of Both Mono And Stereo Versions Of The Album

Both Recordings Newly Remastered By Bob Ludwig At Gateway Mastering

20-Page Book, With Essay By Rob Bowman, Includes Michael Cooper's Photos From Original Cover Shoot

Lacquer Cutting By Sean Magee At Abbey Road Studios

Recorded between February and October at Olympic Studios in Barnes, West London during what was the most difficult time in the band’s career, against a background of personal issues and criminal trials, Their Satanic Majesties Request is an eclectic mix of music that includes “She’s a Rainbow” which made No.2 in America and second record that was released as a single in America as, Bill Wyman’s “In Another Land”, Bill wrote the track and it features Steve Marriott from the Small Faces on vocals. There were no UK single releases from the album that took its inspiration for its title from the words inside a British passport, “Her Britannic Majesty’s Secretary of State requests and requires…”.

[www.soundstagedirect.com]

Re: Their Satanic Majesties Request - 50th Anniversary Edition
Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 3, 2017 17:56

[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]

Sounds great to me!
Always loved Bob Ludwigs Remasterings and this sounds like it is a huge improvement

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-03 18:01 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 3, 2017 18:02

Nice package, but missing all important outtakes....thumbs downthumbs down

Date: August 3, 2017 18:17

[iorr.org]

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 3, 2017 20:54

Maindefender

Not only the important outtakes...

Nothing more than a repackaging job of stuff we already have (or at least should have as serious Stones fans)!

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: August 4, 2017 08:24

50th anniversary edition? Will that include the extended version of Wyman snoring? I’d be much more interested in a new album of psychedelic music - maybe 3 new Mick tunes, 2 Keith tunes, 1 Wyman and then some covers from Sgt. Peppers. That would probably be manageable.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 4, 2017 10:24

retired_dog
Maindefender

Not only the important outtakes...

Nothing more than a repackaging job of stuff we already have (or at least should have as serious Stones fans)!

Seriously...I don't even have DW...

Date: August 4, 2017 10:33

I try not to hate anything ....
But I do know a girl who hates everything ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 4, 2017 10:54

Rockman
I try not to hate anything ....
But I do know a girl who hates everything ...

Beware...hope you're safe,Rockeee...

Date: August 4, 2017 12:58

Yeah I've tried to help her but hey yeah she just don't listen ...

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1992
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home