Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11
Re: Their Satanic Majesties Request - 50th Anniversary edition coming in September
Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: November 27, 2017 11:36

jlowe
Any sales figures yet?
It seems nearly 16.000 were manufactured.. (See numbers on rear cover ) ?..in sale until the end...

Re: Their Satanic Majesties Request - 50th Anniversary edition coming in September
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 27, 2017 11:49

ROCKMAN

Date: November 27, 2017 11:53

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 14, 2017 17:10

"Cover story:: The Rolling Stones

The psychedelic shenanigans and establishment vendettas that made 1967 the group’s watershed year, and the daring, controversial album that came out of it: Their Satanic Majesties’ Request. PLUS: Mick Jagger remembers the “condescending” Beeb and the Stones’ classic ’60s radio sessions."

[www.mojo4music.com]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 18, 2018 00:44

I know I'm way late to the party but I just went to my dad's today and saw that he bought this. I mercilessly made fun of him for wasting his money. We LOVE the album, but I just didn't think it warranted a third or fourth buying of the record since we have it on CD, record, original 3D record. And the fact that it didn't come with any outtakes like the Sgt. Pepper's box set, didn't come with a documentary. Just a no frills stereo/mono CDs and a record.

Having said that, we've always loved this record, and listening to this recording it is a BEAUTIFUL remaster or remix of this record. It sounds phenomenal! I should go back and read through this thread because the mix blew me away. Its like hearing the record for the first time, and truly this is one of the best remasters or remixes I've heard from an older record. Done with such care which is ironic when you look at the quotes they included from the Stones on the box lol. None of which are complimentary, Keith's is the most current from a whopping 10 years ago, and just shows that after scouring comments from them THIS is the best they could find. Its laughable. They're wrong, this is a great record and I'm glad its been so lovingly restored. I still think it was a missed opportunity to not include more than just literally the bare minimum, but at least it sounds phenomenal and the packaging, as expecting, is fantastic.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 23, 2018 00:10

Price drop: currently only £41.99 on [www.Amazon.co.uk] .

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 23, 2018 04:57

Maindefender
The mono is fantastic, but we just got it earlier this year. Should be a disc of crappy outtakes at least....lol

but (in my opinion) you want the USA Mono mix...

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 23, 2018 07:07

Irix
Price drop: currently only £41.99 on [www.Amazon.co.uk] .

....for £14.99 I MIGHT think abo....oh wait, misread that

Rod

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 20, 2018 21:19

"Record Store Day exclusive splatter vinyl edition of The Rolling Stones “Their Satanic Majesties Request"!

Find your participating store: [www.recordstoreday.com];

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 20, 2018 21:55

PhotoFuckIt~original

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 20, 2018 22:51

Cristiano Radtke
"Record Store Day exclusive splatter vinyl edition of The Rolling Stones “Their Satanic Majesties Request"!

Find your participating store: [www.recordstoreday.com];

[www.facebook.com]

Also on clear vinyl.

[recordstoreday.co.uk]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 21, 2018 00:27

I found an 'alternate' version of Satanic Majesties on YouTube that was basically the album without vocals. Like the original album, I found moments of brilliance, some actually dull moments, and some inscrutable. Some of Keith's guitar work hardly heard was more interesting. Some Brian was mind blowing, some inane. TOO MUCH ACID!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 21, 2018 01:03

.... coloured vinyl always poor sound .... .... what a $$$ rip ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: April 21, 2018 14:22

Looking for a sealed copy of the blue splattered vinyl.

Pls let me kn ow if you have an extra one...

thank you

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: April 22, 2018 22:12

Unboxing :

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 7, 2022 20:46

Question for the group...

was this release done only has the 2CD/2LP, or is there a version that has JUST the vinyl with the lenticular cover for the 50th anniversary edition? I know there is a version that just recently came out that I believe also has the lenticular cover? However, I just got the 2CD/2LP version during my Black Friday binge, and I'm just wondering if I still have a hole in my collection regarding this 50th release.

thanks!

VL13

Date: December 7, 2022 21:10

VoodooLounge13

is there a version that has JUST the vinyl with the lenticular cover for the 50th anniversary edition?

In Japan there was a version that has just the Hybrid-SACDs with 7-inch and lenticular cover (UIGY-9707/8) for the 50th anniversary edition - Discogs.com , [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Date: December 7, 2022 21:25

VoodooLounge13

is there a version that has JUST the vinyl with the lenticular cover for the 50th anniversary edition?

Color-Vinyl editions of Their Satanic Majesties Request for RSD 2018 - [iorr.org] , [www.Discogs.com] , [www.Discogs.com] . Black Vinyl 2018 - [www.Discogs.com] - (all with lenticular cover).

[www.YouTube.com]

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: December 7, 2022 21:37

Date: December 7, 2022 21:50

VoodooLounge13

I know there is a version that just recently came out that I believe also has the lenticular cover?

Doesn't look like - [Twitter.com] :

Large picture - [Twitter.com] .

Date: December 7, 2022 22:51

Irix
VoodooLounge13

In Japan there was a version that has just the Hybrid-SACDs with 7-inch and lenticular cover (UIGY-9707/8) for the 50th anniversary edition - Discogs.com , [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Yes, I have this gorgeous version too! Absolutely LOVE the 7-inch replicas!!! Thanks Irix.

Date: December 7, 2022 22:52

Irix
VoodooLounge13

Color-Vinyl editions of Their Satanic Majesties Request for RSD 2018 - [iorr.org] , [www.Discogs.com] , [www.Discogs.com] . Black Vinyl 2018 - [www.Discogs.com] - (all with lenticular cover).

[www.YouTube.com]

I saw that in this thread, so just that blue splattered version for RSD? There isn't a black vinyl version either Stereo or Mono of just the vinyl album that was released for the 50th?

Date: December 7, 2022 22:56

Irix
VoodooLounge13

I know there is a version that just recently came out that I believe also has the lenticular cover?

Doesn't look like - [Twitter.com] :

Large picture - [Twitter.com] .

Hmmm swear I'd read somewhere - on here actually I'd thought! - about this being re-released this year as a stand alone mono version with the lenticular cover. Not a big deal. I'm only interested in the 50th anniversary edition. And eventually an original copy.

What I didn't know until I came back here is that it was a numbered edition (the 50th boxset that is). Mine arrived this am - thank you to either Irix or UrbanSteel. I forget which of you pointed me to the Acoustic Sound website a couple of months back and let me know that they still had some left. With their 10% discount for BF I was able to pick it up with not too much pain thumbs up I went to take it out and look at it, but it's packed so tightly, I was afraid I'd never get it back in, so I left it.

My haul from CDJapan arrived this afternoon though, and that's a much bigger box, so I think I'll open TSMR and keep it in this box for storage until I get my house!

Date: December 8, 2022 01:00

VoodooLounge13

There isn't a black vinyl version either Stereo or Mono of just the vinyl album that was released for the 50th?

Black Vinyl was re-released in 2018 - [www.Amazon.com] , [www.eBay.com] .

(With Acoustic Sounds that was me: [iorr.org] - congratulations on getting it for a good price!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-08 01:25 by Irix.

Date: December 8, 2022 04:13

Ok so someone help me out on this.

I have two of the 50th anniversary copies.

Without opening them how do I find out which vinyl is inside?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 8, 2022 05:09

georgemcdonnell314
Ok so someone help me out on this.

I have two of the 50th anniversary copies.

Without opening them how do I find out which vinyl is inside?

Can you be more specific? There is a stereo and mono version. The colour is black for the vinyl, isn't it?

Date: December 8, 2022 05:11

Irix
VoodooLounge13

There isn't a black vinyl version either Stereo or Mono of just the vinyl album that was released for the 50th?

Black Vinyl was re-released in 2018 - [www.Amazon.com] , [www.eBay.com] .

(With Acoustic Sounds that was me: [iorr.org] - congratulations on getting it for a good price!)

Indeed it was Irix! And in that same post you mentioned the 2022 reissue of this one, and I guess I made the assumption that that rerelease had the original lenticular cover for some reason.

Thanks for the links above!! Looks like it’s eBay for me for that one!! Huge difference cost wise. I’ve plugged a lot of holes in the collection this past month. Still waiting in my order from JPC, which is taking forever and has me concerned. They’re usually pretty quick to get here but it shipped out almost a month ago now. Sent them an email on Monday about it and still don’t even have a response to that. That order contains my replacement San Jose and Bremen with the bonus tracks. Really wish I’d known beforehand. Hate rebuying stuff out of sheer stupidity lol.

Think I’m done for now. Got the Copa Japanese super deluxe today. Have 4 versions of that one now and only need the splattered Carnaby vinyl to be complete for me - all but black vinyl.

Had hoped to grab the Lego tongue at Black Friday but couldn’t find it on sale anywhere. Oh well. Also waiting for my colored El Mo to come in. That will be one of my Crown Jewels!!!!

Date: December 8, 2022 05:13

Btw my copy is 14,252.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 8, 2022 13:56

VoodooLounge13

Thanks for the links above!! Looks like it’s eBay for me for that one!! Huge difference cost wise. I’ve plugged a lot of holes in the collection this past month. Still waiting in my order from JPC, which is taking forever and has me concerned. They’re usually pretty quick to get here but it shipped out almost a month ago now. Sent them an email on Monday about it and still don’t even have a response to that. That order contains my replacement San Jose and Bremen with the bonus tracks. Really wish I’d known beforehand. Hate rebuying stuff out of sheer stupidity lol.
Hate to tell you. You might be in trouble with those.
San Jose was OOP for a long time. On cdjapan both are listed as 'no longer available'. Sometimes you can get those via proxy shopping but this would add quite some extra to the cost. The same with amazon Japan.

Date: December 8, 2022 14:30

ironbelly
VoodooLounge13

Hate to tell you. You might be in trouble with those.
San Jose was OOP for a long time. On cdjapan both are listed as 'no longer available'. Sometimes you can get those via proxy shopping but this would add quite some extra to the cost. The same with amazon Japan.

Yes, I know but JPC had both and actually have sent the package. It shipped in November 16th. I’d ordered those and the Japanese Ole which was cancelled due to it no longer being available. For Ole I had to go with the much more expensive award version with a tshirt too small for me but hey I do now have the Blu-ray of Ole with the bonus tracks!!! For JPC it’s just taking forever to get here.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1696
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home